NATION

PASSWORD

Which God?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Parina
Envoy
 
Posts: 215
Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:41 pm

Has someone mentioned Atheismo yet?

User avatar
Callisdrun
Senator
 
Posts: 4107
Founded: Feb 20, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Callisdrun » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:42 pm

Tokos wrote:
Muravyets wrote:
Tokos wrote:Oh yes, the USA most certainly. That didn't make my little list.

It's very amusing to see Americans telling me I live in a heavily Christian country, though. The religious demographics here are generally those of foreign origin.

That's just BS, sorry. You might be able to squeak through that lame argument you're trying to make about European countries because they have official religions and weird ways of noting them in their census data. But in the US, where there is no official religion and all statistics come from individuals self-reporting about themselves? And you claim that HERE, there aren't as many Christians as it seems and they're not in the positions of privilege and power they seem? Horseshit.


I don't know what you're on about given I just said I didn't put America in the list because it IS definitely predominantly Christian, outside certain pockets like the SF bay area and whatnot.

You'd be surprised in that the SF bay area I think is still significantly Christian, especially Catholic. There's just a much larger proportion of atheists, agnostics and non-Christian faiths here.
Pro: feminism, socialism, environmentalism, LGBT+, sex workers' rights, bdsm, chocolate, communism

Anti: patriarchy, fascism, homophobia, prudes, cilantro, capitalism

User avatar
Callisdrun
Senator
 
Posts: 4107
Founded: Feb 20, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Callisdrun » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:43 pm

Parina wrote:Has someone mentioned Atheismo yet?

What is Atheismo?
Pro: feminism, socialism, environmentalism, LGBT+, sex workers' rights, bdsm, chocolate, communism

Anti: patriarchy, fascism, homophobia, prudes, cilantro, capitalism

User avatar
Callisdrun
Senator
 
Posts: 4107
Founded: Feb 20, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Callisdrun » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Coffin-Breathe wrote:Depending on what you prefer for afterlife (severe lifelong worshipping required), Allah seems to offer some pretty good things (paradise filled with virgins, aso)


Nobody's ever been able to adequately explain why I should want that.
Pro: feminism, socialism, environmentalism, LGBT+, sex workers' rights, bdsm, chocolate, communism

Anti: patriarchy, fascism, homophobia, prudes, cilantro, capitalism

User avatar
Cross-Rhodes
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 44
Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cross-Rhodes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Bottle wrote:
Cross-Rhodes wrote:
Bottle wrote:
Whole Conviction wrote:
Muravyets wrote:That's just BS, sorry. You might be able to squeak through that lame argument you're trying to make about European countries because they have official religions and weird ways of noting them in their census data. But in the US, where there is no official religion and all statistics come from individuals self-reporting about themselves? And you claim that HERE, there aren't as many Christians as it seems and they're not in the positions of privilege and power they seem? Horseshit.

America has a lot of Christians in it... but not, apparently, REAL Christians!

(I'd actually agree. I'm not sure there's been a Real Christian since about 30 AD)

I don't care if they're Real Christians or False Christians or I Can't Believe They're Not Christians, I just want them to quit trying to legislate Leviticus into my private life.


Don't confuse Christianity with Judaism. I doubt many Christians would even attempt to read Leviticus, much less understand and legislate it. :)

Yeah, you'd be wrong on that count. Christians where I live are absolutely in LOVE with Leviticus. Except for, you know, all the parts about eating shrimp, wearing clothing of mixed fabrics, and pretty much anything that doesn't revolve around telling gays that they are going to Hell.


:lol: Yeah, I've heard some pretty weird things come out of the book of Leviticus, and not to mention Deuteronomy. Anyhow, if they are literally preaching a levitical code of living, they are both liars and hypocrites. Not to mention, that they probably missed the part in the New Testament (which lays out the code or pattern for the Christian church) where Paul told the Galatians: "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith." The law, found mainly in the Pentateuch was only to show the imperfection of man - thereby exposing their depravity and causing them to long for a Redeemer.

Sadly, I too know many people who call themselves Christians and seriously abuse the Bible by mixing and confusing the Law with Grace. It is these people, that will have far more to account for when they meet God then they assume. Exclusivity and man-centric followers always produce one thing: an occult.

Sorry for your run-ins with people like this. We've all been there; just try not to throw the baby out with the bath water. ;)

User avatar
Cynrhea
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Jan 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cynrhea » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:58 pm

Callisdrun wrote:
Coffin-Breathe wrote:Depending on what you prefer for afterlife (severe lifelong worshipping required), Allah seems to offer some pretty good things (paradise filled with virgins, aso)



LOL! I'm glad someone agrees with me! Sexually inexperienced girls remind me of being a teenager, and awkward confrontations in the backseat of a car. I really don’t want to relive that when I die. :p

User avatar
Whole Conviction
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1935
Founded: Aug 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Whole Conviction » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:16 pm

Callisdrun wrote:What is Atheismo?

Sequel to Orgasmo.
I got told to get a blog. So I did.

User avatar
Muravyets
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12755
Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Muravyets » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Tokos wrote:
Muravyets wrote:
Tokos wrote:Oh yes, the USA most certainly. That didn't make my little list.

It's very amusing to see Americans telling me I live in a heavily Christian country, though. The religious demographics here are generally those of foreign origin.

That's just BS, sorry. You might be able to squeak through that lame argument you're trying to make about European countries because they have official religions and weird ways of noting them in their census data. But in the US, where there is no official religion and all statistics come from individuals self-reporting about themselves? And you claim that HERE, there aren't as many Christians as it seems and they're not in the positions of privilege and power they seem? Horseshit.


I don't know what you're on about given I just said I didn't put America in the list because it IS definitely predominantly Christian, outside certain pockets like the SF bay area and whatnot.

Oh, is that why you didn't put us on your list? I didn't see your reason for it and thought you were adding them as a "Oh, and I forgot to mention them too."
Last edited by Muravyets on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

User avatar
Valrussia
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrussia » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:58 pm

God is real.

~modedit~
Last edited by Lunatic Goofballs on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: LG was here. *waves*

User avatar
UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11988
Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Callisdrun wrote:No thanks.


Why not?
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

User avatar
UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11988
Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:48 pm

New Kereptica wrote:If I do, do I get to leave the cave?


Life is the cave. If you want to leave the cave, find a mathematical expression for your truest inner essense and then become an hero.
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

User avatar
New Kereptica
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6691
Founded: Apr 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby New Kereptica » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:51 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:
New Kereptica wrote:If I do, do I get to leave the cave?


Life is the cave. If you want to leave the cave, find a mathematical expression for your truest inner essense and then become an hero.


I've always had a special place in my heart for the harmonic sequence, so: *holds gun to forehead* an=1/n *pulls trigger*
Last edited by New Kereptica on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blouman Empire wrote:Natural is not nature.

KiloMikeAlpha wrote:Umm hmm.... mind if I siggy that as a reminder to those who think that it is cool to shove their bat-shit crazy atheist beliefs on those of us who actually have a clue?

Teccor wrote:You're actually arguing with Kereptica? It's like arguing with a far-Left, militantly atheist brick wall.

Bluth Corporation wrote:No. A free market literally has zero bubbles.

JJ Place wrote:I have a few more pressing matters to attend to right now; I'll be back later this evening to continue my one-man against the world struggle.

Mercator Terra wrote: Mental illness is a myth.

User avatar
Straughn
Senator
 
Posts: 3530
Founded: Apr 11, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Straughn » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:29 pm

Callisdrun wrote:
Coffin-Breathe wrote:Depending on what you prefer for afterlife (severe lifelong worshipping required), Allah seems to offer some pretty good things (paradise filled with virgins, aso)


Nobody's ever been able to adequately explain why I should want that.
As it turns out, it's grapes, not virgins.
:palm:
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/e ... 6/Overview

User avatar
Helgrin
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1059
Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Helgrin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Callisdrun wrote:
Parina wrote:Has someone mentioned Atheismo yet?

What is Atheismo?

The god of all Atheists. He gives us the power to believe in whatever the hell we want, and argue with Christians. :p
Last edited by Helgrin on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mahna Mahna!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

User avatar
Straughn
Senator
 
Posts: 3530
Founded: Apr 11, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Straughn » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:36 pm

Helgrin wrote:
Callisdrun wrote:
Parina wrote:Has someone mentioned Atheismo yet?

What is Atheismo?

The god of all Atheists. He gives us the power to believe in whatever the hell we want, and argue with Christians. :p
I thought that name went lowercase, no matter how many people tried to alter the texts ... ?

User avatar
Helgrin
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1059
Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Helgrin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:41 pm

Straughn wrote:
Helgrin wrote:
Callisdrun wrote:
Parina wrote:Has someone mentioned Atheismo yet?

What is Atheismo?

The god of all Atheists. He gives us the power to believe in whatever the hell we want, and argue with Christians. :p

I thought that name went lowercase, no matter how many people tried to alter the texts ... ?

When it's capitol, it means that you worship Atheismo...maybe? :eyebrow:
Mahna Mahna!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

User avatar
Straughn
Senator
 
Posts: 3530
Founded: Apr 11, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Straughn » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:47 pm

Helgrin wrote:
Straughn wrote:
Helgrin wrote:
Callisdrun wrote:
Parina wrote:Has someone mentioned Atheismo yet?

What is Atheismo?

The god of all Atheists. He gives us the power to believe in whatever the hell we want, and argue with Christians. :p

I thought that name went lowercase, no matter how many people tried to alter the texts ... ?

When it's capitol, it means that you worship Atheismo...maybe? :eyebrow:

So long as later translations don't self-contradict, it's all good.

User avatar
Callisdrun
Senator
 
Posts: 4107
Founded: Feb 20, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Callisdrun » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:05 am

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:
Callisdrun wrote:No thanks.


Why not?

1. Because you said it.
2. Because paganism is much more fun.
3. Because I prefer things that don't hold to platonic forms.
Pro: feminism, socialism, environmentalism, LGBT+, sex workers' rights, bdsm, chocolate, communism

Anti: patriarchy, fascism, homophobia, prudes, cilantro, capitalism

User avatar
Dimoniquid
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9819
Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:07 am

Depends what God wants with a starship.

User avatar
Coffin-Breathe
Minister
 
Posts: 2066
Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Coffin-Breathe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:19 am

Straughn wrote:
Callisdrun wrote:
Coffin-Breathe wrote:Depending on what you prefer for afterlife (severe lifelong worshipping required), Allah seems to offer some pretty good things (paradise filled with virgins, aso)


Nobody's ever been able to adequately explain why I should want that.
As it turns out, it's grapes, not virgins.
:palm:
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/e ... 6/Overview

It´s virgins, dear, the Huris to be exact, and they become virgin again after penetrating - who do you think would be interested in grapes ?

User avatar
The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21556
Founded: May 23, 2004
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Alma Mater » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:27 am

Coffin-Breathe wrote:
Straughn wrote:
Callisdrun wrote:
Coffin-Breathe wrote:Depending on what you prefer for afterlife (severe lifelong worshipping required), Allah seems to offer some pretty good things (paradise filled with virgins, aso)


Nobody's ever been able to adequately explain why I should want that.
As it turns out, it's grapes, not virgins.
:palm:
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/e ... 6/Overview

It´s virgins, dear, the Huris to be exact, and they become virgin again after penetrating - who do you think would be interested in grapes ?


Who would be interested in girls that return to virginhood every time ? You'd need to be careful every time, and if she mentally stays a virgin as well she won't learn all kinds of interesting positions and techniques.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

User avatar
Coffin-Breathe
Minister
 
Posts: 2066
Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Coffin-Breathe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:34 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Coffin-Breathe wrote:
Straughn wrote:
Callisdrun wrote:
Coffin-Breathe wrote:Depending on what you prefer for afterlife (severe lifelong worshipping required), Allah seems to offer some pretty good things (paradise filled with virgins, aso)


Nobody's ever been able to adequately explain why I should want that.
As it turns out, it's grapes, not virgins.
:palm:
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/e ... 6/Overview

It´s virgins, dear, the Huris to be exact, and they become virgin again after penetrating - who do you think would be interested in grapes ?


Who would be interested in girls that return to virginhood every time ? You'd need to be careful every time, and if she mentally stays a virgin as well she won't learn all kinds of interesting positions and techniques.

Interesting point; They seem to know about positions and techniques, and are very experienced too; But for your question you´d have to ask some muslim, as I couldn´t answer - maybe it´s a relic of their antique thinking about virginity and sex (and a "male" issue). :palm:

User avatar
Whole Conviction
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1935
Founded: Aug 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Whole Conviction » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:38 am

Coffin-Breathe wrote:Interesting point; They seem to know about positions and techniques, and are very experienced too; But for your question you´d have to ask some muslim, as I couldn´t answer - maybe it´s a relic of their antique thinking about virginity and sex (and a "male" issue). :palm:

Be careful which muslim you ask, too. From what I understand (and wiki says too), it's not a widely-accepted belief. That is, not widely accepted as literally true; more of an illustration than a fact, anymore than Christians literally believe in a cloud kingdom.
I got told to get a blog. So I did.

User avatar
Coffin-Breathe
Minister
 
Posts: 2066
Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Coffin-Breathe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:09 pm

Whole Conviction wrote:
Coffin-Breathe wrote:Interesting point; They seem to know about positions and techniques, and are very experienced too; But for your question you´d have to ask some muslim, as I couldn´t answer - maybe it´s a relic of their antique thinking about virginity and sex (and a "male" issue). :palm:

Be careful which muslim you ask, too. From what I understand (and wiki says too), it's not a widely-accepted belief. That is, not widely accepted as literally true; more of an illustration than a fact, anymore than Christians literally believe in a cloud kingdom.

...at least make sure you´re asking a male muslim... :)

User avatar
Muravyets
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12755
Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Muravyets » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:14 pm

Coffin-Breathe wrote:
Straughn wrote:
Callisdrun wrote:
Coffin-Breathe wrote:Depending on what you prefer for afterlife (severe lifelong worshipping required), Allah seems to offer some pretty good things (paradise filled with virgins, aso)


Nobody's ever been able to adequately explain why I should want that.
As it turns out, it's grapes, not virgins.
:palm:
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/e ... 6/Overview

It´s virgins, dear, the Huris to be exact, and they become virgin again after penetrating - who do you think would be interested in grapes ?

That's actually true of all women, you know -- that we become virgins again after penetration. As long as we don't get too stretched out from passing babies and whatnot, we do eventually get our virginity back. Of course, we have to go a long time without sex for that to happen, but it does. So all anyone has to do is go find 70+ women who are either virgins or nuns or have just been really damned fed up with dudes for 7+ years.
Last edited by Muravyets on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A-Series-Of-Tubes, Bing [Bot], Borderlands of Rojava, Duvniask, Galloism, Glurponia, Grinning Dragon, Gun Manufacturers, Kilobugya, Kiritibati, Kohr, Kubra, SD_Film Artists, Senkaku, The Chuck, Zhigaung

Advertisement

Remove ads