NATION

PASSWORD

What is the Best Form of Communism?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is the best theory of communism?

Marxism
29%
Leninism
11%
Stalinism
9%
Maoism
3%
Gorbachevism
11%
Trotskyism
11%
Luxemburgism
14%
Titoism
11%

Total votes : 276

Liberaxia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberaxia » Wed May 07, 2014 11:34 am

Probably Titoism since he didn't slaughter as many people as Stalin or the other MLs.
Favors: Civil Libertarianism, Constitutional Democratic Republicanism, Multilateralism, Freedom of Commerce, Popular Sovereignty, Intellectual Property, Fiat Currency, Competition Law, Intergovernmentalism, Privacy Rights
Opposes: The Security State, The Police State, Mob Rule, Traditionalism, Theocracy, Monarchism, Paternalism, Religious Law, Debt
Your friendly pro-commerce, anti-market nation.
On libertarians: The ideology whose major problem is the existence of other people with different views.

Distruzio
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 28, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Distruzio » Wed May 07, 2014 10:32 pm

The USOT wrote:
Distruzio wrote:
Denying the existence of private property is honoring individual sovereignty? If you don't acknowledge the existence of property then you deny the self sovereignty.

Its not a denial of private property but a different stance on what property is.
Historically property has not been a consistent concept through cultures and isn't the best thing to build rights off of. Note for instance that the idea of people not being able to be property is a very new idea in relation to property. If anything it was the concept of individual sovereignity overcoming what was then the nature of private property rather than the other way around.

In the same way communists just tend to recognise property in a different fashion.

I can understand that. But no matter how much I insisted that the State was immoral (as an anarchist) and repulsive to individual liberty, that liberty has been, throughout the centuries, increasingly recognized and legitimized by the State (in general). I could gnash my teeth and stomp my feet. But reality never bends to my desires.

I was trumpeting for the unicorns. Same as communists regarding property.... and the State.
Eastern Orthodox Christian
Christ is King
Glorify Him

capitalism is not natural
secularism is not neutral
liberalism is not tolerant

Nervium
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nervium » Wed May 07, 2014 11:00 pm

Liberaxia wrote:Probably Titoism since he didn't slaughter as many people as Stalin or the other MLs.

Luxemburgism didn't kill anyone, well, except Luxemburg.
I've retired from the forums.

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Wed May 07, 2014 11:12 pm

best communism is FULL COMMUNISM
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Thu May 08, 2014 12:00 am

Anarcho-communism <3

Unless you mean Marxism specifically, in which case Situationism <3

Fuck Leninism.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Thu May 08, 2014 12:49 am

Meryuma wrote:Anarcho-communism <3

Unless you mean Marxism specifically, in which case Situationism <3

Fuck Leninism.
situ is a dead ideology i wish it would properly be buried
i'm really tired of art school wanks/unapologetic university students bemoaning spectacle whilst actively(eagerly!)participating in its ghettos
idk i really like debord and vaneigem but considering a lot of people who've followed them i dunno what to think of the situ project as a whole
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Previous

Return to General