NATION

PASSWORD

Pedophiles get a bad rap

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ascon
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ascon » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Central Slavia wrote:No, executing a murderer sure as hell does NOT encourage repeat offenses - one bastard less

Well if we were talking about murder, you'd have a point.
"If you want a symbolic gesture, don't burn the flag, wash it."
-Norman Thomas

Xochipill
Attaché

Founded: Nov 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Xochipill » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Central Slavia wrote:
Ascon wrote:
Central Slavia wrote:This is utterly untrue.
The wretch who destroyed other's live outside of law deserves to have the exact same thing done to him,
A witty saying proves nothing as was said, especially since your one is about blood feud, not personal revenge (targetting th perpetrator, not his relatives) . especially if the state carries it out

Actually, it is true.

If you want to fix the problem, approaching it from an attitude of vengeance is pointless. In the first place, it doesn't address the idea of prevention. In the second, it encourages repeat offenses. In the third, it doesn't actually fix anything.

It's easy and emotionally satisfying to say things like "Oh just lock the sick bastard up forever." but out here in the real world, our solutions need to be a bit more constructive.

No, executing a murderer sure as hell does NOT encourage repeat offenses - one bastard less

Actually, according to any study you look at that's worth a damn, the death penalty is no more effective then lw/op
"I am the Emperor!" cried Harrison. "Do you hear? I am the Emperor! Everybody must do what I say at once!" He stamped his foot and the studio shook. "Even as I stand here" he bellowed, "crippled, hobbled, sickened - I am a greater ruler than any man who ever lived! Now watch me become what I can become!"

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:05 pm

Xochipill wrote:
Central Slavia wrote:
Ascon wrote:
Central Slavia wrote:This is utterly untrue.
The wretch who destroyed other's live outside of law deserves to have the exact same thing done to him,
A witty saying proves nothing as was said, especially since your one is about blood feud, not personal revenge (targetting th perpetrator, not his relatives) . especially if the state carries it out

Actually, it is true.

If you want to fix the problem, approaching it from an attitude of vengeance is pointless. In the first place, it doesn't address the idea of prevention. In the second, it encourages repeat offenses. In the third, it doesn't actually fix anything.

It's easy and emotionally satisfying to say things like "Oh just lock the sick bastard up forever." but out here in the real world, our solutions need to be a bit more constructive.

No, executing a murderer sure as hell does NOT encourage repeat offenses - one bastard less

Actually, according to any study you look at that's worth a damn, the death penalty is no more effective then lw/op

So for each repeat offender you prevent from that by killing him, another murderer magically springs up?
Kosovo is Serbia!
Embassy Anthem Store Facts

Glorious Homeland wrote:
You would be wrong. There's something wrong with the Americans, the Japanese are actually insane, the Chinese don't seem capable of free-thought and just defer judgement to the most powerful strong man, the Russians are quite like that, only more aggressive and mad, and Belarus? Hah.

Omnicracy wrote:The Soviet Union did not support pro-Soviet governments, it compleatly controled them. The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions

Great Nepal wrote:Please stick to OFFICIAL numbers. Why to go to scholars,[cut]

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:06 pm

Central Slavia wrote:No, executing a murderer sure as hell does NOT encourage repeat offenses - one bastard less

A murderer kills his victim anyway.
A rapist might not kill his victim, accepting the risk of prison if ever identified- but if he (or she) knows (s)he will get the death penalty for rape.. why not kill the witness ?
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Central Slavia wrote:So for each repeat offender you prevent from that by killing him, another murderer magically springs up?

Sadly, more or less, yes.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Lord-General Drache
Minister

Founded: May 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord-General Drache » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:08 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:

A murderer kills his victim anyway.
A rapist might not kill his victim, accepting the risk of prison if ever identified- but if he (or she) knows (s)he will get the death penalty for rape.. why not kill the witness ?

Fun fact: rapists don't usually kill people because they are witnesses. Their victims aren't perceived as threats and sometimes not even really as people.
Life is mine to give and take; death is my bailiwick. I freely go where angels dare not tread, and have danced blades with the demons that lurk in your darkest nightmares.
RIP Colodia: 4/13/2011.

The Galirandi
Attaché

Founded: Nov 06, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galirandi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:12 pm

The Separatist Systems wrote:
Nadkor wrote:[...]
Of course, only men can be paedophiles or rapists.

Rapists, yes. Pedophiles, probably.

Wait, so I can put on a strap-on and penetrate you up the ass without consent (or lubricant), and it wouldn't be rape because ... I don't have a penis with which to do it instead?

Good to know.

EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Who knows? Either way, my stance remains the same.

Dostoevsky
Marinetus/The Separatist States

Fail. :palm:

Lord-General Drache
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lord-General Drache » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:16 pm

The Galirandi wrote:

Wait, so I can put on a strap-on and penetrate you up the ass without consent (or lubricant), and it wouldn't be rape because ... I don't have a penis with which to do it instead?

Good to know.

I believe Nadkor was being sarcastic.
Life is mine to give and take; death is my bailiwick. I freely go where angels dare not tread, and have danced blades with the demons that lurk in your darkest nightmares.

The Galirandi
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galirandi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:18 pm

Lord-General Drache wrote:
The Galirandi wrote:

Good to know.

I believe Nadkor was being sarcastic.

I'm aware of that. Hence why I was not responding to Nadkor's post. :roll:

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:18 pm

The Galirandi wrote:

Good to know.

No, it is because it is much more difficult to pull off due to lack of physical strength on average, and because much more men are drawn to agressive sexual behaviour
Kosovo is Serbia!

Glorious Homeland wrote:
You would be wrong. There's something wrong with the Americans, the Japanese are actually insane, the Chinese don't seem capable of free-thought and just defer judgement to the most powerful strong man, the Russians are quite like that, only more aggressive and mad, and Belarus? Hah.

Omnicracy wrote:The Soviet Union did not support pro-Soviet governments, it compleatly controled them. The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:18 pm

Paedophilia is illegal and morally wrong. I would not associate myself with one unless the person has served out his or her prison time. Then I would regard the person with an open mind.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

The Galirandi
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galirandi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Central Slavia wrote:No, it is because it is much more difficult to pull off due to lack of physical strength on average, and because much more men are drawn to agressive sexual behaviour

Sauce please.

The Tofu Islands
Minister

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tofu Islands » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:20 pm

Lord-General Drache wrote:I believe Nadkor was being sarcastic.

TSS wasn’t, though. Or at least not obviously.
In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread.

Aglrinia
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aglrinia » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:22 pm

The only thing i find stupid is when an eighteen year old male or female have sex with each other the eighteen year old gets prosecuted if the parents find out.

Then i do pitty the person.
Jakker wrote:TBH is Pro-bring Life to GP

The Galirandi
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galirandi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Teccor wrote:
Unified Western States wrote:Well...it is still a crime. Crime gets punished. And they are sick, whether they can control their urges or not. Sex with children, especially non-consensual, is just plain wrong. I have no pity for pedophiles.

Pedophiles are disgusting, immoral, and utterly insane. I agree with the Unified Western States. They deserve no pity.

They're not insane, whatever else you think of them. Insanity is a legal term meaning that the person accused was not, at the commission of the crime, mentally capable of making a moral decision as to whether it was right or wrong to commit the crime. It is not in any way one used in psychology, ever.

It's not? :(

Way to ruin my dreams of someday being able to tell people I've been diagnosed with "clinical batshit insanity". You heartless reprobate.

Lord-General Drache
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lord-General Drache » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:30 pm

The Galirandi wrote:
Teccor wrote:
Unified Western States wrote:Well...it is still a crime. Crime gets punished. And they are sick, whether they can control their urges or not. Sex with children, especially non-consensual, is just plain wrong. I have no pity for pedophiles.

Pedophiles are disgusting, immoral, and utterly insane. I agree with the Unified Western States. They deserve no pity.

They're not insane, whatever else you think of them. Insanity is a legal term meaning that the person accused was not, at the commission of the crime, mentally capable of making a moral decision as to whether it was right or wrong to commit the crime. It is not in any way one used in psychology, ever.

It's not? :(

Way to ruin my dreams of someday being able to tell people I've been diagnosed with "clinical batshit insanity". You heartless reprobate.

As a student of psychology, I should feel bad for you or something. As a person, I'm reveling in the delicious dreams you have had crushed. *smacks lips*

Britta Almighty
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Britta Almighty » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Obviously you don't have children; Because if any poor 'bad rap' pedophilic pervert layed a hand on my child, I would kill him. I most certainly do NOT think there are any misgivings to their reputation. It's the most dispicible thing in the world to sexually violate an innocent child. Just to have thoughts of it is disgusting; Anyone who would suggest that it is less than this is probably a pedophile themselves.
Tell your nation- If they've got beef, we are vegetarians.

Lord-General Drache
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lord-General Drache » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:41 pm

Britta Almighty wrote:Obviously you don't have children; Because if any poor 'bad rap' pedophilic pervert layed a hand on my child, I would kill him. I most certainly do NOT think there are any misgivings to their reputation. It's the most dispicible thing in the world to sexually violate an innocent child. Just to have thoughts of it is disgusting; Anyone who would suggest that it is less than this is probably a pedophile themselves.

Actually a number of people in the thread have stated they have children and would prefer pedos get treatment so they don't become offenders in the first place. You'd know that if you bothered to read it.

Suggesting that people who advocate a reasonable strategy of prevention through therapy and monitoring are pedophiles themselves is a ridiculous statement and attack.

Britta Almighty
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Britta Almighty » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:43 pm

I didn't suggest they shouldn't try therapy; If they recognize that quality they most certainly should. I'm saying I don't agree with a misinterpreted reputation. And your hostility is not really necessary.
Tell your nation- If they've got beef, we are vegetarians.

The Galirandi
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galirandi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:44 pm

Lord-General Drache wrote:As a student of psychology, I should feel bad for you or something. As a person, I'm reveling in the delicious dreams you have had crushed. *smacks lips*

The juxtaposition of these revels with the image of an petulant baby makes for (unintentional?) hilarity.

Britta Almighty wrote:Obviously you don't have children; Because if any poor 'bad rap' pedophilic pervert layed a hand on my child, I would kill him. I most certainly do NOT think there are any misgivings to their reputation. It's the most dispicible thing in the world to sexually violate an innocent child. Just to have thoughts of it is disgusting; Anyone who would suggest that it is less than this is probably a pedophile themselves.

You may be under the impression that all paedophiles are child molesters. Neither this nor the reverse is true, as already established herein.

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:48 pm

The Galirandi wrote:
Lord-General Drache wrote:As a student of psychology, I should feel bad for you or something. As a person, I'm reveling in the delicious dreams you have had crushed. *smacks lips*

The juxtaposition of these revels with the image of an petulant baby makes for (unintentional?) hilarity.

You may be under the impression that all paedophiles are child molesters. Neither this nor the reverse is true, as already established herein.

If they are not, noone will find out about them. But they still should not be let near others' children
Kosovo is Serbia!

Glorious Homeland wrote:

Resolute Prime
Envoy

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Resolute Prime » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:58 pm

I do notice people saying that pedos are immoral. I would like to clarify that the *proper* answer is "Pedos are immoral according to my beliefs". The ancient Greeks, as well as several tribes (such as the Gebusi in Papua New Guinea, or at least, pre-modernization) actively engaged in pedophilia. or some variation thereof.

Typical ethnocentrism.
Last edited by Resolute Prime on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jalisca
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jalisca » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Just the title gives whatever the intent of this thread was away.

Whoever defends pedophiles, people who satisfy their sick sexual cravings by preying on innocent children, should be treated almost as badly as those sick fuckers.

Lord-General Drache
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lord-General Drache » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:19 pm

Jalisca wrote:Just the title gives whatever the intent of this thread was away.

Whoever defends pedophiles, people who satisfy their sick sexual cravings by preying on innocent children, should be treated almost as badly as those sick fuckers.

This was addressed in the thread. Not every pedophile is a rapist. Not every pedophile becomes a rapist. As I've had to reiterate a few times today, there should be no stigma with defending these people so as to enable them to gain access to treatment and help.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General