NATION

PASSWORD

Ukraine Crisis II: Electric Boogaloo

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alien Space Bats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Ukraine Crisis II: Electric Boogaloo

Postby Alien Space Bats » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:38 pm

Oaledonia wrote:The great thing about the US is that it doesn't have to focus on one or the other, it's perfictly capable of sending a few carrier groups over to Asia and putting troops in Europe. Because Asia won't be a ground-centric conflict, it will be fought at sea.

Kep in mind, too, that Japan is not defenseless, either. Indeed, Japan actually has both a more powerful navy AND a more powerful air force than does China itself (after the U.S., it's currently the greatest air and sea power in the Western Pacific). That's one of the reasons that I dismissed comments by Russophiles than China might like what Russia is doing in the Ukraine, because it opens the door to them doing the same thing in their dispute with Japan over various uninhabited islands, reefs, and shoals in the East China Sea.

Sure it does — if China wants to see its proud navy and a goodly chunk of its air force reduced to useless scrap over the course of some futile lost weekend. Personally, I doubt that they do; it embarrassed them enough when Vietnam kicked their asses back in the late 1970's (which is why they're not going to mess with the Vietnamese, either). Why would they want to get their asses handed to them so visibly AGAIN?
Last edited by Alien Space Bats on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"These states are just saying 'Yes, I used to beat my girlfriend, but I haven't since the restraining order, so we don't need it anymore.'" — Stephen Colbert, Comedian, on Shelby County v. Holder

"Do you see how policing blacks by the presumption of guilt and policing whites by the presumption of innocence is a self-reinforcing mechanism?" — Touré Neblett, MSNBC Commentator and Social Critic

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in."Songwriter Oscar Brown in 1963, foretelling the election of Donald J. Trump

President Donald J. Trump: Working Tirelessly to Make Russia Great Again

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:38 pm

Lemanrussland wrote:
Soviet Russia Republic wrote:
No, if anyone needs to get back off it's not some random poster on some random site and it's not the seperatist "dogs" whom are using the very same tactics used in the west. No, it's Kiev. If this goes on much longer Russia will intervene and it won't be Moscow praying that it's left still standing once the war begins.

What are they supposed to do? Let the rule of law completely break down in the east?

Population of Donetsk, Kharkov and Lugansk is 9.5 million. Ukraine's armed forces number 11,000. If you can't keep the peace, don't instigate the situation, so yeah, they should back off.

Independent Canterbury wrote:
Soviet Russia Republic wrote:New military drills have begun,

http://rt.com/news/154588-russia-drill- ... operation/

"Drills"

Yes, when an army does military stuff relating to mobility, some of that stuff is known as drills.

Imperial Nilfgaard wrote:
Independent Canterbury wrote:Video showing Russian Artillery moving into position just a few hundred meters from border.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgvHPWpF0eQ

Another convoy video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMKreEkEZLA

Unconfirmed but from reliable source:
Russians near Ukraine's eastern border tweeting that Russian armor moving forward along with command and control vehicles.
https://twitter.com/BSpringnote

Who is this "Bruce" and why must we take him seriously?

You should take anyone named Bruce seriously. Else he can hulk it up :P

Independent Canterbury wrote:
Imperial Nilfgaard wrote:Who is this "Bruce" and why must we take him seriously?

Journalist.

Heres some on the people he is followed by
https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPR (Obvious)
https://twitter.com/maxseddon (Buzzfeed)
https://twitter.com/BBCDanielS (BBC)
https://twitter.com/GrahamWP_UK (RT)

Being followed does not determine one's credibility. As for EuromaidanPR, they're some of the most inept hacks I've seen doing propaganda. Like the whole "yo, it's like totes Ukrainians disarming Russians" in this video!

United Marxist Nations wrote:Nice guy Putin tries to show other countries holes in their air defense.

:rofl:

It's really a public service announcement :P
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:51 pm

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Ukraine is saying it has killed 5 Self Defense forces so far...
They need to back the fuck off.

So help me out on this. Russia is entitled to perform anti-separatism operations over its own territory (as it has numerous times) , and gets to call them "anti-terrorism/separatism" operations, but when Ukraine does it, it's instantly "starting civil war/firing on their own people/killing <<self defence forces>> " (the last one always makes me giggle).

He's saying that if you can't calm down the situation, you shouldn't instigate it. Hence they should back off. You, of course, use that as a golden chance to once take a shot at Russia. And that's fine, you have that option. However, you should at least understand that you're not actually addressing his point.

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Independent Canterbury wrote:Massive convoy of Russian BTR's and lorrys+With artillery just a few kilometers from the border.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8_Rl0pbkUk

Holy shit. This is a cluster bomb's wettest dream

Anyone insane enough to attack Russia on Russian soil? Yeah, didn't think so. It might be a wet dream, but a dream of Russophobes is all that it'll remain.

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Kiev has suspended anti terror operation hence the withdrawal, all available forces are being moved to the border they feel invasion is imminent.
http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine ... 44902.html

I hope that common sense will prevail and Russia would stop acting like a small child who's had his toy taken away.

Would you have adopted the same rhetoric towards the West, when Yanukovich turned away from the EU?

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:Achievement Unlocked: Grandmaster at Strawman

Russia has its Gopniks too , I don't know what point you think you're making here.

1. Accuse someone of strawman
2. Admit you have no idea what they're talking about

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Considering the internal situation in Ukraine, Russia would be crazy not to be prepared.

..to what? Violate Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity by invading it once again?

And how exactly do you perceive Ukraine's internal situation?

He's saying that it's a good idea to be prepared when your next door neighbor's going bonkers.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:52 pm

Alien Space Bats wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:The great thing about the US is that it doesn't have to focus on one or the other, it's perfictly capable of sending a few carrier groups over to Asia and putting troops in Europe. Because Asia won't be a ground-centric conflict, it will be fought at sea.

Kep in mind, too, that Japan is not defenseless, either. Indeed, Japan actually has both a more powerful navy AND a more powerful air force than does China itself (after the U.S., it's currently the greatest air and sea power in the Western Pacific). That's one of the reasons that I dismissed comments by Russophiles than China might like what Russia is doing in the Ukraine, because it opens the door to them doing the same thing in their dispute with Japan over various uninhabited islands, reefs, and shoals in the East China Sea.

Sure it does — if China wants to see its proud navy and a goodly chunk of its air force reduced to useless scrap over the course of some futile lost weekend. Personally, I doubt that they do; it embarrassed them enough when Vietnam kicked their asses back in the late 1970's (which is why they're not going to mess with the Vietnamese, either). Why would they want to get their asses handed to them so visibly AGAIN?

You must have missed my other post, I covered this :P
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Pingxiang
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pingxiang » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:11 pm

Alien Space Bats wrote:

:palm:

China has not been sitting on its hands since the 70's. The Japanese will be very surprised. You put too much faith in Japan which has the world knows cannot even contain a power plant from contaminating Japan and the ocean various times over.

When it comes to those islands contested between China and Japan, it will be worked out diplomatically.

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:15 pm

Pingxiang wrote:Japan which has the world knows cannot even contain a power plant from contaminating Japan and the ocean various times over.

You can't be serious. Are you actually blaming a natural disaster on Japan? Are you actually buying into the media blitz that the "Oceans haz all over contaminate!!1111!!" Sure, a bit of the sea is contaminated, but hardly "various times over".

And no mater how hard you fan boy, Japan still has better anti-ship capabilities.
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

Under construction

DnalweN acilbupeR
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DnalweN acilbupeR » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:43 pm

Shofercia wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Haha, nice fucking try. Can't you get it through your head that neither Ukraine nor Moldova are federations? They are unitary republics. Why are you pretending everyone's like Russia? (not that Russia would allow any of this, after all, even spreading separatist views can get you up to 5 yrs in prison)

Oh, I'm sorry, was there a memo saying that I have to support everything that Russia does? Nope, there wasn't.

I don't know where you got the impression that I implied that. Maybe you're thinking of the US being the golden standard of democracy (which it really isn't) while construing that by default every other country is also federative. I don't know. It's up to you to get to the root of your preconceived ideas and to get over them, I can only hypothesize as to where you got them from and that's what I did.

But it's quite amazing that you're willing to take a dump on democratic voting, especially the type of voting that could solve Moldova's problems once and for all

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Rio Cana wrote:
Some say the Romanian government has a plan to try to lure back Moldova and Budjak which is part of Ukraine.

Read this - http://ukrainianweek.com/Politics/27595

Moldova has been Romania's main ambition for quite a while now. And in all honesty this is justified. In pre-Soviet times there was quite a strong and widespread sentiment of unitary national Romanian identity shared by Transylvanians, Moldovans and Wallachians alike. During the reign of the USSR, as with many of its neighbors, Moldova faced serious denationalization and Russification policies. Even the alphabet was reverted back to Cyrillic, which had been long abandoned in favor of Latin letters . Instead of choosing to fully assimilate Moldova, the Soviets went the middle route of classic divide and conquer, and successfully set up a separate national identity of Moldovans specifically targeted against the Romanian one in order to replace it. With such bullshit as Moldovans having more in common with Slavs than with Romanians (as if they were a different nationality) , and so on. Russophilic academia has even gone to such lengths as creating a "Moldavian-Romanian" dictionary as if the two were different languages when Moldavian is but a mere dialect of Romanian.

However, slowly but surely, Moldovans are waking up from this smoke and mirrors.

In any case, any eventual unification of the two will only come as a result of a democratic decision mutually agreed upon by the two populations. The same could be said about territories currently in Ukraine assuming this would be plausible, which it really isn't. But under no circumstances would Romania wait for e.g. Ukraine to break up in order to come in and annex its territories , or whatever is being implied by those saying that "Romania has territorial claims in Ukraine and Moldova"

EDIT: Correction, they didn't even revert back to the original Cyrillic Romanian alphabet , instead they used a "designed" (read: made-up) Russian-based alphabet. You can read all about it here.

simply because it's against America's geopolitical interests.

orly? So you decided to counter a perceived strawman with a strawman of your own. Great debating tactics, what can I say.

And what's wrong with civilian goods getting awfully close to Romania? Russian civilian goods even *gasps* enter Romania occasionally.

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Scholmeria wrote:You are forgeting Transdniestr and Russsia. They would not be happy about it.

Well, ok. It was just my impression.I never heard any critique for the Maidaners from VICE.

Transdniestr (the USSR Nostalgics' Republic of, ) and Russia both need to fuck off. Ukraine is forever lost now , what does Russia think it'll do? Roll through Kiev to reach Moldova? Yeah , right.

The original topic was a Moldova-Romania union and how "Transdniestr and Russia wouldn't be happy" about it.

I'm talking about passage for civilian goods.

I'm not. This whole time I was talking about a military intervention not shipping goods, I would've thought you'd catch on to that.

Typical Westerner, thinks he can write up something on paper, an expects everyone on the ground to follow that. Ha, ha, ha, ha!

:roll: oh, us again? Pesky westerners: http://ijc.md/Publicatii/mlu/legislatie/Constitution_of_RM.pdf

CONSTITUTION OF THE REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
Adopted on July 29, 1994

TITLE I - GENERAL PRINCIPLES
Article 1. The State of the Republic of Moldova
(1) The Republic of Moldova is a sovereign, independent, unitary and indivisible state.

No more so than your gem about the dump on Moldova's democratic voting.

Is that so. :roll:

BTW, de facto Moldova's not a unitary state.

Except for the fact that it is, unless Transnistrian separatism turned it into a federation we've all been blissfully ignoring all along.

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Transinistria or whatever the fuck it's called, can't be part of Russia, no matter how much they want it. Russia doesn't have any links to it over land or even through the sea, unlike with Kaliningrad. It's better off being either what it is now or being an autonomous republic under Moldovan protection/semi-administration.

If Kaliningard can haz civilian goods over Lithuania, TransDneister can haz civilian goods over Odessa. It's not rocket science. No one, in their right mind, would refuse passage of civilian goods over their land, if they were compensated appropriately for said passage. It's just sheer lunacy to think otherwise.

You're misquoting here. I never said that, some other poster did.

Like the one you're applauding here?

Double standards much?

Joke's on you, the terrorists in question are (or rather, were) actually separatist pro-Russians and I was applauding the successful repelling of their attack.
The Emerald Dawn wrote:I award you no points, and have sent people to make sure your parents refrain from further breeding.
Lyttenburgh wrote:all this is a damning enough evidence to proove you of being an edgy butthurt 'murican teenager with the sole agenda of prooving to the uncaring bitch Web, that "You Have A Point!"
Lyttenburgh wrote:Either that, or, you were gang-raped by commi-nazi russian Spetznaz kill team, who then painted all walls in your house in hammer and sickles, and then viped their asses with the stars and stripes banner in your yard. That's the only logical explanation.

DnalweN acilbupeR
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby DnalweN acilbupeR » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:05 pm

Shofercia wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
So help me out on this. Russia is entitled to perform anti-separatism operations over its own territory (as it has numerous times) , and gets to call them "anti-terrorism/separatism" operations, but when Ukraine does it, it's instantly "starting civil war/firing on their own people/killing <<self defence forces>> " (the last one always makes me giggle).

He's saying that if you can't calm down the situation, you shouldn't instigate it. Hence they should back off. You, of course, use that as a golden chance to once take a shot at Russia. And that's fine, you have that option. However, you should at least understand that you're not actually addressing his point.

Or is he. Are you his lawyer? When Russian anti-separatist troops ran into situations they couldn't "calm", did they back off :) ? And what you're implying he means isn't really evident from what he actually said. It sounded more like a "hurr durr oppressive Ukrainians killing <<self-defense forces>> durr" .

Anyone insane enough to attack Russia on Russian soil? Yeah, didn't think so. It might be a wet dream, but a dream of Russophobes is all that it'll remain.

:roll: I expected this response. I never implied it should be done, it was just an innocent :twisted: observation. One has to be pretty insane to attack Russia even when not on Russia's soil (although the whole point is they have no business being there) .

Would you have adopted the same rhetoric towards the West, when Yanukovich turned away from the EU?

I'm sorry, it's not the West who's invaded & annexed part of Ukraine and who is, further, now supposedly massing troops at Ukraine's border.

1. Accuse someone of strawman
2. Admit you have no idea what they're talking about

orly. Did you even read what idiocies he pulled out of his ass? I wouldn't, it's not worth it, but I already have. He's basically trying to make Kiev into an anarchic (or rather nazi/fascist) free for all hellhole based on "Wet Monday" : :palm:

These fine Western fellows should have visit Lviv on Monday, right after the Easter. Why? See, there is a tradition of "обливаний понеділок", ("Wet Monday") to walk around and spray water on random passersby’s. Sounds nice and pretty, right? Well, in the Right Sector's stronghold nothing can be right!

These are the photos from this year "Wet Monday" in the "Ukrainian Piedmont" (yeah, Lviv - "the Heart of the Ukrainian National Свiдомость"). Just look at faces of young men spraying (and kicking shit out of) people with reckless abandon! Think it's just some "Kremlinite propaganda"? Then what about an article on the 110% kosher Ukrainian news-site?

He's saying that it's a good idea to be prepared when your next door neighbor's going bonkers.

>Russia invades & annexes Crimea
>Russia masses troops on Ukrainian border

Ukraine's totally the one going bonkers here! Makes perfect sense!
Last edited by DnalweN acilbupeR on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Emerald Dawn wrote:I award you no points, and have sent people to make sure your parents refrain from further breeding.
Lyttenburgh wrote:all this is a damning enough evidence to proove you of being an edgy butthurt 'murican teenager with the sole agenda of prooving to the uncaring bitch Web, that "You Have A Point!"
Lyttenburgh wrote:Either that, or, you were gang-raped by commi-nazi russian Spetznaz kill team, who then painted all walls in your house in hammer and sickles, and then viped their asses with the stars and stripes banner in your yard. That's the only logical explanation.

Pingxiang
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pingxiang » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Oaledonia wrote:
Pingxiang wrote:Japan which has the world knows cannot even contain a power plant from contaminating Japan and the ocean various times over.

You can't be serious. Are you actually blaming a natural disaster on Japan? Are you actually buying into the media blitz that the "Oceans haz all over contaminate!!1111!!" Sure, a bit of the sea is contaminated, but hardly "various times over".

And no mater how hard you fan boy, Japan still has better anti-ship capabilities.

Where have you been. Everyone knows the Japanese government was in bed with that company that was running that power plant. And they have been covering it up. Then after the initial incident that same company has continued down the path of being incompetent and the government says nothing. Found out that contamination headed straight for Tokyo when number 3 reactor had problems. But did they evacuate the city, No.

And when it comes to some peoples comment that the incident in Ukraine some years ago was worse, its false. What happened in Japan was much worse.

new data has revealed that as far as Cs-137 and Sr-90 goes, Fukushima is now (Early Sept 2013) already more than four Chernobyl’s.

Watch this and be informed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAj2y-fY9dg
Last edited by Pingxiang on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:09 pm

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

>Russia invades & annexes Crimea
>Russia masses troops on Ukrainian border

Ukraine's totally the one going bonkers here! Makes perfect sense!

Putin has to be prepared.
Great, now I'm going to see bare-chested Vlad every time I watch Lion King for the rest of my days.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

DnalweN acilbupeR
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby DnalweN acilbupeR » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Baltenstein wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:Much like Ukraine if they hadn't been exposing so much of themselves and dressed so sluttily Russia wouldn't have invaded.

From Russia's diary:

I was with bitch wife Ukraine at market today tell her behave like proper wife
She sees homo dandy Europe sitting in Café makes pretty eyes at him wants to flirt
I yell at bitch smash her face drag her home
wife should know place

Such is life in Russia

this had to be reposted :rofl:

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Last edited by Oaledonia on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Under construction

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:51 pm

Alien Space Bats wrote:

After Vietnam had defeated the US, you would think a regional power like China would think maybe invading them is not wise. Especially now they were armed with abandoned South Vietnamese (American) helicopters.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:10 pm

greed and death wrote: Especially now they were armed with abandoned South Vietnamese (American) helicopters.

Yes, they were armed with helicopters that they could neither service nor had any experience with :P

Under construction

Independent Canterbury
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Canterbury » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:32 pm

Interesting statement from Ukrainian defense minister

1. so, no suspension of ATO in connection with the threat of invasion by armed forces of Russia, both rushed to many of the media are not. This information does not correspond to reality. ATO is continuing. Terrorists should be available 24 hours a day. Civilians have nothing to fear.
One of the key principles of RUNNING ATO-minimizing the risk to the civilian population. The delicacy of this issue does harm to the date of the operation, its efficiency and effectiveness, but IT'S the PRINCIPLE, dictated by law enforcement officers FUNDOMENTAL′NYJ leaders of the country. We are not fighting force with dissent. The strength and rigidity are only terrorists with weapons in their hands.

2. no political parties, unions, civil movements are not admitted to the ATU, together with the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the security service of Ukraine, military. Any message to that effect.

3. in the course of today's action, contrary to rumor, involving minor force ATC, without involving tanks and other heavy equipment. ATC has sufficient forces for rotation and round-the-clock action, if necessary.

4. the CENTRE is open to any peaceful settlement of the situation in the zone of power struggles and conflicts, in an effort to avoid bloodshed and risks for the civilian population. However, this statement does not work for participants of terrorist groups, učuvstvovavših in the torture and murder of the last time these people will suffer INEVITABLE retaliation.
In General, despite the long and difficult day-I have a strong feeling today-all will be well with us. Let me clarify-everyone must do what should-and all forms! (Translated by Bing)

emphasis mine.

https://www.facebook.com/arsen.avakov.1 ... 1297474980
Last edited by Independent Canterbury on Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Supporter of the Free Donetsk Republic

OOC: Political views
For:Conservatism,Nationalism,Capitalism,socialized medicine.
Neutral:Socialism,Social welfare.
Against:Liberalism,Communism.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:40 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:Because the Kiev authority passively tolerates right-sector groups who go to intimidate those who disagree with the new government, not to mention, as was pointed out previously, the ousting of Yanukovich did not meet the standards of impeachment in the constitution, and then the constitutional court justices were sacked.

The impeachment was done within the guidelines established by the Ukrainian constitution. As for "passively tolerates", what signal does that send out if we just go around outlawing political parties based on their political beliefs? Authorities all over Europe tolerate neo-Nazi parties and places in the EU even have openly neo-Nazi parties in government. Should they be invaded and have their territory taken from them because of this?

Of course not. The fact is, saying x country is bad because of x party is a stupid reason to justify Russia's actions in this. In fact, the ultranationalists are just as bad in their rhetoric and law breaking as you claim the Ukrainian government to be.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:43 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Because the Kiev authority passively tolerates right-sector groups who go to intimidate those who disagree with the new government, not to mention, as was pointed out previously, the ousting of Yanukovich did not meet the standards of impeachment in the constitution, and then the constitutional court justices were sacked.

1) The impeachment was done within the guidelines established by the Ukrainian constitution. As for "passively tolerates", 2) what signal does that send out if we just go around outlawing political parties based on their political beliefs? Authorities all over Europe tolerate neo-Nazi parties and places in the EU even have openly neo-Nazi parties in government. Should they be invaded and have their territory taken from them because of this?

Of course not. The fact is, saying x country is bad because of x party is a stupid reason to justify Russia's actions in this. In fact, the ultranationalists are just as bad in their rhetoric and law breaking as you claim the Ukrainian government to be.

1) According to a previous poster, the Constitution requires a 75% majority, and that only a 72 or 73% majority was achieved.

2) There has been talk of outlawing the CPU because they opposed Maiden. Also, I'm talking about the Right-Sector militias that go around terrorizing people opposed to them.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:46 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:1) According to a previous poster, the Constitution requires a 75% majority, and that only a 72 or 73% majority was achieved.

I'm gonna need you to validate this.

2) There has been talk of outlawing the CPU because they opposed Maiden. Also, I'm talking about the Right-Sector militias that go around terrorizing people opposed to them.

As opposed to armed gangs of ultranationalists seizing journalists and public buildings? Good to know you are as well informed as every other pro-Russia supporter here.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Zaldakki
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaldakki » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Can someone give me a basic overview of the situation from the beginning? The whole thing still confuses me.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:1) According to a previous poster, the Constitution requires a 75% majority, and that only a 72 or 73% majority was achieved.

I'm gonna need you to validate this.

As opposed to armed gangs of ultranationalists seizing journalists and public buildings? Good to know you are as well informed as every other pro-Russia supporter here.

1) viewtopic.php?f=20&t=288024&p=19687442#p19687442

2) Tu quoque does not make it right that Ukraine is doing it.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only

Imperial Nilfgaard
Senator

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Nilfgaard » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Zaldakki wrote:Can someone give me a basic overview of the situation from the beginning? The whole thing still confuses me.

Sure thing.

EU tries to get Ukraine to sign a trade pact that would seriously harm trade links in the East. The President goes along with this for a while but eventually rejects it for closer ties with Russia.

Protests begin against the (legitimately elected government) with the active support of the EU, and America soon also gets involved on their side. Over months they escalate from peaceful sit ins to violent riots as they try and stay in the media spotlight.

February sees things come to head and dozens are shot dead in the streets by militants, Yanukovych the president signs a compromise deal with EU support on the 21st but the protesters reject it and force him out anyway.

EU reneges on the deal and recognizes the new regime, as does the US.

Crimea joins Russia.

Protests escalate in the East over this forceful change of power and then the new regime cracks down on them, with Western support.

And here we are
Last edited by Imperial Nilfgaard on Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Down with the Banderovists!
Remember Odessa!
Крым
это часть России. Россия Своих Не Бросает!

We are the Great Souled Men of NS.
General-Secretary of the American Compartmentalist Party. ComPart for short.
Great Souled Idols: Vladimir Putin, Aleksandr Dugin, Nigel Farage, Marine Le Pen, Eric Zemmour
Manifesto - A Treatise on Souls

Proud Supporter of Bashar al-Assad's fight against terrorism

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Arbitrary calculations + no actual source saying that this is require = not good enough. Try again.

Oh that's right, I forgot. As long as it's against "Nazis", it's perfectly fine for other people to act violently and beyond the law? Thought so. And what is the Ukraine doing? Are these militias sanctioned by the government? No. Are their actions sanctioned by the government? No.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Zaldakki wrote:Can someone give me a basic overview of the situation from the beginning? The whole thing still confuses me.

Sure thing.

EU tries to get Ukraine to sign a trade pact that would seriously harm trade links in the East. The President goes along with this for a while but eventually rejects it for closer ties with Russia.

Protests begin against the (legitimately elected government) with the active support of the EU, and America soon also gets involved on their side. Over months they escalate from peaceful sit ins to violent riots as they try and stay in the media spotlight.

February sees things come to head and dozens are shot dead in the streets by militants, Yanukovych the president signs a compromise deal with EU support on the 21st but the protesters reject it and force him out anyway.

Crimea joins Russia.

Protests escalate in the East over this forceful change of power and then the new regime cracks down on them, with Western support.

And here we are

You missed the part where Russia illegally invades and occupies Crimea before organizing a dubious "referendum" to ask the Crimeans whether or not they want to join Russia.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:58 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:

Arbitrary calculations + no actual source saying that this is require = not good enough. Try again.

Oh that's right, I forgot. As long as it's against "Nazis", it's perfectly fine for other people to act violently and beyond the law? Thought so. And what is the Ukraine doing? Are these militias sanctioned by the government? No. Are their actions sanctioned by the government? No.

1) To adopt an impeachment resolution, a minimum two-thirds of the parliament must support the impeachment procedure. To remove the President from office, a minimum three-quarters of parliament must support the resolution. The Constitutional and the Supreme Court of Ukraine's conclusions and decisions are considered at the parliamentary meetings.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_ ... succession

2) The Communist Party of Ukraine was not acting violently or against the law, yet many Maideners still want it banned. Yet, they have taken little action to ban Svoboda or the Right Sector, which have acted violently.

Imperial Nilfgaard
Senator

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Nilfgaard » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:59 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
Sure thing.

Crimea joins Russia.

And here we are

You missed the part where Russia illegally invades and occupies Crimea before organizing a dubious "referendum" to ask the Crimeans whether or not they want to join Russia.

It's not an invasion if it's welcomed by the local population. Thats called liberation.
Down with the Banderovists!
Remember Odessa!
Крым
это часть России. Россия Своих Не Бросает!

We are the Great Souled Men of NS.
General-Secretary of the American Compartmentalist Party. ComPart for short.
Great Souled Idols: Vladimir Putin, Aleksandr Dugin, Nigel Farage, Marine Le Pen, Eric Zemmour
Manifesto - A Treatise on Souls

Proud Supporter of Bashar al-Assad's fight against terrorism

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General