NATION

PASSWORD

The Republican Path To Victory II

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pilotto
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pilotto » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Pilotto wrote:I am unaware of the details of the particular examples you gave of misinformation on the part of Fox News, so I cannot offer any response as to what happened or what should be done.

Then, excuse my French, exactly why the fuck am I bothering to link anything?

However, I think it would be very naive to say that MSNBC does not have similar factual errors in their daily reporting.

Fine. Provide examples. Link to them, as I've done.

I'll fire up Google.

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Pilotto wrote:Coupled with their persistent and near blinding bias and their unwillingness to cover stories that make Obama and other Democrats look bad,

Source?

Do I really need a source to show that MSNBC is biased and does not provide equal coverage?
Okay, fine then.

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Pilotto wrote: and you have a potent concoction of bullshit that is nearly unwatchable. At least you can get some good political analysis out of Fox News (Special Report at the 6 o'clock hour) rather that the non-stop propaganda that comes from MSNBC.

Such as?

Here and here.

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Pilotto wrote:And you say that people always get fired at MSNBC for the examples of misinformation that I have given, but those examples were so extreme that there is no way that MSNBC could have not fired someone. The examples you gave were generally obscure and bizarre.

Whereas you have given no examples of anyone ever being fired from Fox News for similar issues. Which is my entire point.

Provide me with an example of misinformation on par with what I gave you.
Last edited by Pilotto on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:35 pm

Pilotto wrote:\
Do I really need a source to show that MSNBC is biased and does not provide equal coverage?

And yet again. what does that have to do with the question of the integrity of fox news?

Justification for their actions?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:36 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

And yet again. what does that have to do with the question of the integrity of fox news?

A tu quoque false equivalency apologism.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Pilotto
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilotto » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:39 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

If you read a bit of the thread, you would see that I am not trying to defend the integrity of Fox News, I am meerly trying to show that MSNBC is just as bad, if not worse.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:41 pm

Pilotto wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

If you read a bit of the thread, you would see that I am not trying to defend the integrity of Fox News, I am meerly trying to show that MSNBC is just as bad, if not worse.

False Equivalency. Yep.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Pilotto
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilotto » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:43 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Pilotto wrote:If you read a bit of the thread, you would see that I am not trying to defend the integrity of Fox News, I am meerly trying to show that MSNBC is just as bad, if not worse.

False Equivalency. Yep.

I don't see how it is a false equivalency when the equivalency is very, very real. Maybe you should venture outside of your far-left bubble some time, have your political views challenged once in a while. It would do you some good.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:45 pm

So, and I'm just going on the last few pages here...the Republican path to victory is to convince people that Fox is okay because MSNBC?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Pilotto
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilotto » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:46 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:So, and I'm just going on the last few pages here...the Republican path to victory is to convince people that Fox is okay because MSNBC?

We got a little off topic... I'd say that the Republican path to victory would be to bring back Ronald Reagan. Maybe through cloning?
Last edited by Pilotto on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Keyboard Warriors
Minister

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Keyboard Warriors » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Pilotto wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:So, and I'm just going on the last few pages here...the Republican path to victory is to convince people that Fox is okay because MSNBC?

We got a little off topic... I'd say that the Republican path to victory would be to bring back Ronald Reagan.

Wouldn't work because of the 22nd amendment. They'd need to clone him, change his name and somehow keep his identity intact.
Yes.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:49 pm

Keyboard Warriors wrote:
Pilotto wrote:We got a little off topic... I'd say that the Republican path to victory would be to bring back Ronald Reagan.

Wouldn't work because of the 22nd amendment. They'd need to clone him, change his name and somehow keep his identity intact.

They tried that but were not able to duplicate his public speaking ability and he got beat in 2012.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:49 pm

Pilotto wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Oh I read it.

You see I have seen this argument ad nauseam when ever the credibility of Fox is questioned.

Conservatives LOVE to raise it.

"Fox news is bullshit!"
"OH YEA LOOK AT MSNBC!"

It is nothing more then a distraction and it hardly props up Fox as better.

In fact, I think there was a link posted to a study which showed Fox viewers less informed in general. Msnbc did a little better but it was still pretty low.

Defend Fox on the claims made against them. Writing "BUT MSNBC!" is not a defense.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Edlichbury
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Edlichbury » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:49 pm

Republicans, camera three.

See what Pilotto is doing? See the bullshit wavering, goalpost moving, false equivalencies, and other logical flaws? See the obvious intellectual dishonesty, coupled with smug self-righteousness? Grating, isn't it?

That's what you've become. And unless you dig down and purge them from the intellectual realm, or even from what passes for the "intellectual" like CPAC and FOX News, you'll turn people away. You don't gain votes by repeating scandals ad naseum. You just come off as petty, grating asses. Which is never good.

So you better find a way to run from the Tea Party or prepare for shit to keep going downhill for you.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Well? Are they not the mouth piece of the Republicans? :p

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Keyboard Warriors wrote:
Pilotto wrote:We got a little off topic... I'd say that the Republican path to victory would be to bring back Ronald Reagan.

Even then the Tea Party would purge Reagan as being too much of a hippy liberal.

Pilotto
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilotto » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Keyboard Warriors wrote:

I see... maybe we could implant his memories into someone else's mind, Total Recall style?

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Pilotto wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Then, excuse my French, exactly why the fuck am I bothering to link anything?

Fine. Provide examples. Link to them, as I've done.

I'll fire up Google.

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Source?

Okay, fine then.

First link shows that MSNBC has more opinion shows than news shows. Okay. That doesn't make their news department biased.

Second link is a list of opinions stated on opinion shows, which once again doesn't address the issue of news bias or error.

The third is a forum post that links to a number of YouTube clips without context, so I'll hold off on judging that until you provide some.

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Such as?

Here and here.

An editorial stating that MSNBC is giving too much time to the bridge scandal. I agree. That's not an example of refusal to cover stories that make Democrats look bad.

A reporter complaining about the network after getting criticized by his bosses--but not otherwise punished or otherwise acted against--for defending a controversial figure who broke the law.

Neither of these address the major point.

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Whereas you have given no examples of anyone ever being fired from Fox News for similar issues. Which is my entire point.

Provide me with an example of misinformation on par with what I gave you.

Please scroll back a bit in the conversation. I've already linked them.
Last edited by Yumyumsuppertime on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keyboard Warriors
Minister

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Keyboard Warriors » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Keyboard Warriors wrote:Wouldn't work because of the 22nd amendment. They'd need to clone him, change his name and somehow keep his identity intact.

Even then the Tea Party would purge Reagan as being too much of a hippy liberal.

They'll be RINO hunting again.

Pilotto wrote:
Keyboard Warriors wrote:Wouldn't work because of the 22nd amendment. They'd need to clone him, change his name and somehow keep his identity intact.

I see... maybe we could implant his memories into someone else's mind, Total Recall style?

Well keep in mind the only reason people would vote for Reagan is because he's Ronald Reagan. The guy wasn't a policy genius or anything of the sort.
Yes.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:52 pm

Pilotto wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Why are you bringing up MSNBC at all, then, if the subject is Fox News, if not to defend them?

Mkuki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:52 pm

Gauthier wrote:

Even? As if they come close to Reagan. LBJ is closer to Reagan than any Tea Partiers. Let alone those in Congress.
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?
Vision of the Justice Party - Justice Party Platform
John Rawls wrote:In justice as fairness, the concept of right is prior to that of the good.
HAVE FUN BURNING IN HELL!

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:53 pm

Pilotto wrote:

We got a little off topic... I'd say that the Republican path to victory would be to bring back Ronald Reagan. Maybe through cloning?

I don't know if Ronnie could do well with the Tea party.

People also forget that much of his "attraction" was due to President Carter and the embargo.

Mkuki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:53 pm

Keyboard Warriors wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

They'll be RINO hunting again.

Should RINOs be included under the Endangered Species Act?

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?
John Rawls wrote:In justice as fairness, the concept of right is prior to that of the good.

Mkuki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:54 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Pilotto wrote:We got a little off topic... I'd say that the Republican path to victory would be to bring back Ronald Reagan. Maybe through cloning?

I don't know if Ronnie could do well with the Tea party.

People also forget that much of his "attraction" was due to President Carter and the embargo.

Kinda like Obama. Wonder if we'll be seeing a Granada, anytime soon.

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?

Pilotto
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilotto » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:54 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Pilotto wrote:If you read a bit of the thread, you would see that I am not trying to defend the integrity of Fox News, I am meerly trying to show that MSNBC is just as bad, if not worse.

Oh I read it.

You see I have seen this argument ad nauseam when ever the credibility of Fox is questioned.

Conservatives LOVE to raise it.

"Fox news is bullshit!"
"OH YEA LOOK AT MSNBC!"

It is nothing more then a distraction and it hardly props up Fox as better.

In fact, I think there was a link posted to a study which showed Fox viewers less informed in general. Msnbc did a little better but it was still pretty low.

Defend Fox on the claims made against them. Writing "BUT MSNBC!" is not a defense.

I do not intend to defend the credibility of Fox News, just to knock MSNBC watchers off of their sanctimonious perch.

Nationes Pii Redivivi
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationes Pii Redivivi » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:54 pm

The Republican Party is still a viable and living party, with a firm base in the more conservative areas of America. They represent their constituents, and when their constituents change, they will change with them.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:55 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

Well? Are they not the mouth piece of the Republicans? :p

Relevant, conservative pleading to conservatives.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General