NATION

PASSWORD

The Republican Path To Victory II

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:38 am

Belmaria wrote:[quote="Ashmoria";p="19273369"
Not necessarily. State income taxes could be modestly hiked to compensate for the cut in federal spending.[\quote]

Modest hikes? Ok. Less income out of your consumers. Local economy starts going down.

And if you are only concerned with one particular group in a huge party, you're making a big mistake. The establishment Neo-cons are a dying breed and the new libertarian and liberal-leaning Republicans that are taking over the party are very, very different.

Liberal leaning Republicans? Not while the tea party remains. Didn't you get the memo? Negotiations are for traitors.

Libertarians? They have been talking about taking over for over 20 years.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Gallup
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallup » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:41 am

Divair wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:there is no sense debating foxnews in a thread that isn't about foxnews.

There is no sense in debating kids who will regurgitate nonsense they picked up on InfoWars and blogs. And yet..

Who pissed in your cornflakes, Div?
Economic Left/Right: 6.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.92
NSG's Official Hero of Kvatch and Prophet of NSG
Have you seen Evita? Best musical ever.
╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong Argonian maid ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no Nord ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Myrensis
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Myrensis » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:45 am

Saiwania wrote:
Myrensis wrote:You have far more in common with brown Americans than you do with lily-white Icelanders.

No, I actually do not; and I know enough about non-Whites to know that I don't want to live next to them. Even my Vietnamese friend from high school can understand wanting to stick to your own kind. Why else do you think there are Chinatowns or other ethnic enclaves in every major city? Do you know what other location I've been considering as a close second? Argentina. That would probably be easier for me to move to, given that it has a lower cost of living and a warm climate.

Your problem is you seem to think skin color is an ethnicity. It isn't. So yes, I suppose given your hilariously skewed obsession with the idea that skin color is the one and only relevant identity anybody has, you probably wouldn't be comfortable with non-whites. In Argentina, or Iceland, or pretty much anywhere else however, "Your people" are going to consider you an outsider/foreigner/stranger/not at all one of their people, because normal people don't operate on the principle of "Oh, it's cool guys, he's got the same skin color as us! That totally overrides all those other minor things like culture, religion, language, actual ethnicity and so on."

By the way, I've read that as the Democrats appeal to minorities, they are losing White voters. Only 38% of the White electorate voted Democrat in 2010. I expect that in the long term White liberals will be inclined to switch to Republican if not Independent. If the GOP can capture more White votes, it would pay off for 1 or 2 more election cycles at most before being too late in that Whites will be too small of a group to matter.

The Democrat percentage of the white vote has waffled between 34 and 44% for the last 40 years, Lacking your particular obsession with purity of skin color, I don't see any massive shift of white liberals defecting to the GOP for the sake of basking in their ancestral melanin levels. But beyond that you are correct, whites are shrinking as an absolute percentage of the population, while minorities (particularly hispanics) are growing. So barring some bizarre chain of events that leads to the GOP getting white numbers the way Democrats get minorities, being the party by, for, and of whites isn't going to do much for them in the long term.

Scholmeria
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Scholmeria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:19 am

The GOP has freed the slaves, so they desirve a little more votes from the unthankful American public.
GAZA 2014
For the brave Israeli soldiers <3

Viritica
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:41 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Viritica wrote:Make it so they can't just hop over all whilly billy.

Like the Canadian borders or the water based ones eh?

The difference between the Canadian border and the Mexican one is that there's no real need to secure it. We don't have millions of Canadians living here illegally and we don't have hundreds of Canadians hoping over the border on a daily basis. We need to secure the border with Mexico so we can stop this massive influx of illegal immigrants. You can beat around the bush about some things but there's no getting around the need to secure the border.
Last edited by Viritica on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Empire of Viritica (PMT) · Factbook (Incomplete)
Hamas started this after all
NSG's Resident KKKoch Rethuglican Shill
Watch Mark Levin shred Jon Stewart
The Jewish Reich is upon us

Conservative Atheist, Pro-Choice, Pro-LGBT rights, Pro-Israel, Zionist, Anti-UN

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:47 am

Viritica wrote:
Pilotto wrote:Fox News is incredibly biased. But at least they have some liberals on their channel. MSNBC, on the other hand, is nothing but a perpetual liberal circle-jerk.

Fox News is literally the only conservative news source on television and that somehow makes libs have nervous breakdowns.

Nervous breakdown? You wish. More like breakdown of laughter. Any other network ever make palm trees grow in Wisconsin?

Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:49 am

Scholmeria wrote:The GOP has freed the slaves, so they desirve a little more votes from the unthankful American public.

"We deposed Saddam Hussein, so we deserve a little more gratitude from the unthankful Iraqi public."
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:53 am

Gauthier wrote:
Viritica wrote:Fox News is literally the only conservative news source on television and that somehow makes libs have nervous breakdowns.

Nervous breakdown? You wish. More like breakdown of laughter. Any other network ever make palm trees grow in Wisconsin?

Uh-huh. I don't see the word "Wisconsin" anywhere in that picture.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:54 am

Gauthier wrote:
Scholmeria wrote:The GOP has freed the slaves, so they desirve a little more votes from the unthankful American public.

"We deposed Saddam Hussein, so we deserve a little more gratitude from the unthankful Iraqi public."

"We deposed Hasni Mubarak, so we deserve a little more gratitude from the unthankful Egyptian public."

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:58 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Mcnernia wrote:Libertarians are non-interventionist meaning that they want USA to be like Switzerland. And well if Rand is elected then if he is an isolationist...mehh.

Switzerland is a mindset the US could never achieve.

And i'm glad of that.

The consequences of the US going back to be isolationism would be disastrous for their fellow NATO allies.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:59 am

Viritica wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Uh-huh. I don't see the word "Wisconsin" anywhere in that picture.

I'm not surprised I have to babystep you through the whole explanation rather than hope you have enough media awareness to understand what that photo is referencing.

While covering Wisconsin Fox News runs video with palm trees in background

Stephen Colbert Wants To Know Why Bill O'Reilly's Wisconsin Union Protest Video Had Palm Trees In It

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:00 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Mcnernia wrote:Libertarians are non-interventionist meaning that they want USA to be like Switzerland. And well if Rand is elected then if he is an isolationist...mehh.

Unfortunately.

I fucking love Switzerland. It is, to me, the only perfect country in the world.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:01 am

Viritica wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

"We deposed Hasni Mubarak, so we deserve a little more gratitude from the unthankful Egyptian public."

"We deposed Mossadegh, so we deserve a little more gratitude from the unthankful Iranian public."

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:02 am

Gauthier wrote:
Viritica wrote:Uh-huh. I don't see the word "Wisconsin" anywhere in that picture.

I'm not surprised I have to babystep you through the whole explanation rather than hope you have enough media awareness to understand what that photo is referencing.

Stephen Colbert Wants To Know Why Bill O'Reilly's Wisconsin Union Protest Video Had Palm Trees In It

Okay? Seems like a relatively honest mistake to me.

Not nearly as bad as MSNBC's little George Zimmerman tape fuck up.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:03 am

Gauthier wrote:
Viritica wrote:"We deposed Hasni Mubarak, so we deserve a little more gratitude from the unthankful Egyptian public."

"We deposed Mossadegh, so we deserve a little more gratitude from the unthankful Iranian public."

"We desposed Muammar Gaddafi, so we deserve a little more gratitude from the unthankful Libyan public."

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:09 am

Viritica wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

"We desposed Muammar Gaddafi, so we deserve a little more gratitude from the unthankful Libyan public."

And that's where you stumble at analogy, because the United States did not directly depose Qaddafi. At all. The Libyans did that pretty much on their own.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:18 am

Gauthier wrote:
Viritica wrote:"We desposed Muammar Gaddafi, so we deserve a little more gratitude from the unthankful Libyan public."

And that's where you stumble at analogy, because the United States did not directly depose Qaddafi. At all. The Libyans did that pretty much on their own.

Except, you know, they would of lost had it not been for US air support.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Last edited by Yumyumsuppertime on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Viritica wrote:Okay? Seems like a relatively honest mistake to me.

Oh? Well, here's a few more "honest mistakes".

Fox News claims that an attempt to expand early voting to all citizens of a state is an attempt to restrict early voting by military members.

Photoshopping a photo of Trayvon Martin O.J.-style to make him look darker and more foreboding.

A chart showing that an 8.6% unemployment rate is the same as a 9% employment rate, and that an 8.8% employment rate is lower that an 8.6% one.

Their polls add up to well over 100%.

A handful of other "honest mistakes" regarding misleading footage that misleadingly casts conservative crowds in a favorable light, or non-conservatives in an unfavorable one. How has no one in the control booth been fired yet?

If there's an honest and honorable path to victory for the GOP, it doesn't lie through Fox News.

A. They're welcome to their own interpretations of things.

B. Which I find to be better than the baby pictures other networks were showing to try and make him look like a sweet and innocent child.

C. Both the Fox chart and the MMFA chart are using distorted information.

D. That's the fault of Rasmussen. Not them. Though they probably should of reviewed that poll.

E. Relatively minor fuck ups. Though they do need to correct themselves.

Scholmeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Scholmeria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Viritica wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

If it comes to the democratic party and Obama slavery would exists even today.
GAZA 2014

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Scholmeria wrote:
Viritica wrote:"We deposed Hasni Mubarak, so we deserve a little more gratitude from the unthankful Egyptian public."

I don't think that its too much to say "what have they done for me lately" when they have done nothing for African americans since they helped to pass the civil rights legislation of the 60s.
whatever

Pilotto
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pilotto » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:26 pm

Agritum wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

And i'm glad of that.

The consequences of the US going back to be isolationism would be disastrous for their fellow NATO allies.

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

Viritica wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Unfortunately.

I fucking love Switzerland. It is, to me, the only perfect country in the world.

Switzerland: for when you don't feel like taking sides.

Viritica wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Okay? Seems like a relatively honest mistake to me.

Indeed. That was unconscionable.
Last edited by Pilotto on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:26 pm

Scholmeria wrote:

Curious claim... how would Obama have been elected in this bizarre alternate reality?
I identify as
a problem

Scholmeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Scholmeria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Scholmeria wrote:If it comes to the democratic party and Obama slavery would exists even today.

I don't think that its too much to say "what have they done for me lately" when they have done nothing for African americans since they helped to pass the civil rights legislation of the 60s.

But than again, what the Democrtats did for the African-Americans? Looking at history the GOP has a little bit more credit for civil rights than the Democrats. But than again, everybody is critizing the GOP and not the Democrats, it is not fair.
GAZA 2014

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Viritica wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Oh? Well, here's a few more "honest mistakes".

Fox News claims that an attempt to expand early voting to all citizens of a state is an attempt to restrict early voting by military members.

Photoshopping a photo of Trayvon Martin O.J.-style to make him look darker and more foreboding.

A chart showing that an 8.6% unemployment rate is the same as a 9% employment rate, and that an 8.8% employment rate is lower that an 8.6% one.

Their polls add up to well over 100%.

A handful of other "honest mistakes" regarding misleading footage that misleadingly casts conservative crowds in a favorable light, or non-conservatives in an unfavorable one. How has no one in the control booth been fired yet?

If there's an honest and honorable path to victory for the GOP, it doesn't lie through Fox News.

A. They're welcome to their own interpretations of things.

This was not a matter of an interpretation of the truth. This was a direct, and intentional misrepresentation of basic facts. In other words, a lie. "You are entitled to your own opinion. You are not entitled to your own facts." -Sen. Daniel Moynihan.

B. Which I find to be better than the baby pictures other networks were showing to try and make him look like a sweet and innocent child.

You think that intentionally darkening and blurring a picture in order to make him look more intimidating is ethical journalistic practice?

C. Both the Fox chart and the MMFA chart are using distorted information.

That's...that's not just distorted information. That is a basic mathematical impossibility.

D. That's the fault of Rasmussen. Not them. Though they probably should of reviewed that poll.

No. If you'd bothered to read the article, you would have seen that Fox admitted to intentionally doing that, and claimed that it was proper to do so, since they never outright said that it would add up to 100%. Seriously, if you're going to blatantly and dishonestly shill on behalf of them, at least make sure that you're telling the same story.

E. Relatively minor fuck ups. Though they do need to correct themselves.

How many minor fuck-ups do they need to make, all of which portray conservatives and conservative causes in a favorable light (and liberals and liberal causes in a negative one) before you begin to think that there might just be an intentional pattern of deceit?

Don't bother answering that. You've already shown that there is no length of tortured reasoning that you won't go to on their behalf, no lie that you won't repeat for them, no gnat that you won't strain at while swallowing a camel.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General