NATION

PASSWORD

The Republican Path To Victory II

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:55 am

Pilotto wrote:This was kinda from earlier in the thread.
Ashmoria wrote:
they pass laws like that one in Arizona where if you look illegal you can be forced to produce papers to prove you are a legal resident.

And how do they determine who "looks" illegal? The law specifically prohibits law enforcement from racially profiling. They can use other evidence, such as maybe the person they suspect of being an illegal immigrant doesn't speak English, or they look really dusty and dirty (like maybe they had been walking through the desert), or they have no form of identification on them whatsoever.

or are wearing Mexican shoes...
whatever

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:56 am

Mcnernia wrote:Libertarians are non-interventionist meaning that they want USA to be like Switzerland. And well if Rand is elected then if he is an isolationist...mehh.

Switzerland is amazing and you know it :p
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

Keyboard Warriors
Minister

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Keyboard Warriors » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:56 am

Mcnernia wrote:Libertarians are non-interventionist meaning that they want USA to be like Switzerland. And well if Rand is elected then if he is an isolationist...mehh.

Not particularly like Switzerland, just not as willing to directly intervene in foreign affairs as most post WW2 presidents have been.
Yes.

Estormo
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estormo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:56 am

Spartan Philidelphia wrote:
Estormo wrote:That "Rubio" bloke sounds promising.

So do you believe that Marco Rubio is part of a Republican Path to Victory? If you do, why?

He seems rational, and I see him as someone who can handle bad situations with calm calculation.
......ϟ Elven Supremacy is the only Truth! ϟ......
French Male, the women call me Goldenrod. I am a Roman Catholic, also an Opera, Wine, Fashion, and Classical music aficionado.
I am neither "Left" or "Right", but I am syncretic. I agree with both sides on certain issues and disagree with both sides on certain issues. There would be too much to explain, if you would like to know my views on certain things, then go to my factbook. Or just see me on NSG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsY4vK2BUzg

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:56 am

Hakio wrote:The only republican nominee I even respect just a little right now is Ron Paul. Because at least he does something different than the rest. I'll tell you in a Republican debate, that idiot Ron Paul totally sounds like the smartest guy in the room.

you must be so sad now that he is retired from politics.
whatever

Estormo
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estormo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:58 am

Belmaria wrote:

Switzerland is amazing and you know it :p

So much rifles, not quite a bad thing.
......ϟ Elven Supremacy is the only Truth! ϟ......
French Male, the women call me Goldenrod. I am a Roman Catholic, also an Opera, Wine, Fashion, and Classical music aficionado.
I am neither "Left" or "Right", but I am syncretic. I agree with both sides on certain issues and disagree with both sides on certain issues. There would be too much to explain, if you would like to know my views on certain things, then go to my factbook. Or just see me on NSG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsY4vK2BUzg

Wickedly evil people
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 14, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Wickedly evil people » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:04 am

Economically their message is much more viable than the tax everyone until they have nothing message of the Obamacrats.

That said GOP views on social issues and the like need to be buried, they need to take a considerably more Libertarian view.

Then they need to blast the Obamacrats for the Orwellian society they're building in the name of security, it is indefensible in a free society to have a government that is all intrusive, between the NSA and IRS scandals no one should every vote Obamacratic ever again.
Eli

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:06 am

Estormo wrote:
Belmaria wrote:Switzerland is amazing and you know it :p

So much rifles, not quite a bad thing.

And a bomb shelter under practically every home. I wouldn't want to mess with the Swiss any time soon.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:10 am

Wickedly evil people wrote:Economically their message is much more viable than the tax everyone until they have nothing message of the Obamacrats.

That said GOP views on social issues and the like need to be buried, they need to take a considerably more Libertarian view.

Then they need to blast the Obamacrats for the Orwellian society they're building in the name of security, it is indefensible in a free society to have a government that is all intrusive, between the NSA and IRS scandals no one should every vote Obamacratic ever again.

really?

isn't their economic message "cut taxes for the rich and fuck everyone else with austerity"?
whatever

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:11 am

Ashmoria wrote:
Wickedly evil people wrote:Economically their message is much more viable than the tax everyone until they have nothing message of the Obamacrats.

really?

isn't their economic message "cut taxes for the rich and fuck everyone else with austerity"?

You are confusing Neo-cons with the entire GOP. The more libertarian-leaning Republicans like Ron/Rand/Cruz want to cut taxes across the board.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:16 am

Belmaria wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:really?

You are confusing Neo-cons with the entire GOP. The more libertarian-leaning Republicans like Ron/Rand/Cruz want to cut taxes across the board.

no im going with the congressional republicans. they keep trying to cut stuff that helps middle America--unemployment benefits, food stamps, infrastructure spending, education spending. all while proposing tax cuts that cut the upper rates while keeping the total amount of tax collected the same.
whatever

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:28 am

Ashmoria wrote:
Belmaria wrote:You are confusing Neo-cons with the entire GOP. The more libertarian-leaning Republicans like Ron/Rand/Cruz want to cut taxes across the board.

no im going with the congressional republicans. they keep trying to cut stuff that helps middle America--unemployment benefits, food stamps, infrastructure spending, education spending. all while proposing tax cuts that cut the upper rates while keeping the total amount of tax collected the same.

Establishment Republicans, yes. But all Republicans? No. Not by a long shot.

Also, how do the middle class and poor benefit from increased federal education spending? The USA already spends more on education than many other, more educated nations, yet we lag behind them. There is obviously waste in the system and just throwing more money at the problem isn't going to fix it.

Myrensis
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Myrensis » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:29 am

Saiwania wrote:What I want is no different from an ethnic Jew wishing to migrate to Israel to be among their own kind. It is less about fear of non-Whites as it is my desire to be with my people. But please, do go on about how much of a despicable person I am for wanting to bask in my ancestral heritage and continue it.

There is a difference actually. That being that "Jew" is actually a distinct ethnoreligious group. "White" is not. Didn't you say that Iceland was one of your top picks to escape the sea of brown, even though you have absolutely no cultural, linguistic, or historical ties to it? "Skin color" is not an ancestral heritage, and the only thing you'll be basking in is blank stares and sighs of "Dumb Americans" as you running around blithering (in English) about "MY PEOPLE!!".

You have far more in common with brown Americans than you do with lily-white Icelanders.

Maybe if we lived in an alternate reality where Free Market Jesus guides things for the betterment of mankind with his Invisible Hands. There is more to economics than taxes, and a lot of people don't find the GOP message of "Gut social safety, gut regulation, gut protections for workers, gut benefits, gut wages, then sit back and watch as the inherent benevolence of the Job Creators leads us to Utopia" all that viable.

Won't happen. The whole "tough on crime" "tough on terror" "those who have nothing to fear have nothing to hide" cowardice is far too ingrained in the GOP. There's a reason why the actual "scandal on a silver platter" things like the NSA and Drones have been largely ignored by the GOP, while they continue endlessly bitching and moaning about Bhengazi and the IRS being slow with paperwork.
Last edited by Myrensis on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:30 am

Belmaria wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:no im going with the congressional republicans. they keep trying to cut stuff that helps middle America--unemployment benefits, food stamps, infrastructure spending, education spending. all while proposing tax cuts that cut the upper rates while keeping the total amount of tax collected the same.

Establishment Republicans, yes. But all Republicans? No. Not by a long shot.

Also, how do the middle class and poor benefit from increased federal education spending? The USA already spends more on education than many other, more educated nations, yet we lag behind them. There is obviously waste in the system and just throwing more money at the problem isn't going to fix it.

uhhuh

establishment republicans and those who vote for them are all im really interested in.

if you remove federal education spending then local property taxes will have to go up in order to make up that money or lots of people will have to be laid off, also bad for middle income people.
whatever

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:34 am

Ashmoria wrote:
Belmaria wrote:Establishment Republicans, yes. But all Republicans? No. Not by a long shot.

uhhuh

establishment republicans and those who vote for them are all im really interested in.

if you remove federal education spending then local property taxes will have to go up in order to make up that money or lots of people will have to be laid off, also bad for middle income people.

Not necessarily. State income taxes could be modestly hiked to compensate for the cut in federal spending.

And if you are only concerned with one particular group in a huge party, you're making a big mistake. The establishment Neo-cons are a dying breed and the new libertarian and liberal-leaning Republicans that are taking over the party are very, very different.
Last edited by Belmaria on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:35 am

Belmaria wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:uhhuh

Not necessarily. State income taxes could be modestly hiked to compensate for the cut in federal spending.

And if you are only concerned with one particular group in a huge party, you're making a big mistake. The establishment Neo-cons are a dying breed and the new libertarian and liberal-leaning Republicans that are taking over the party are very, very different.

we'll see if the libertarians can do anything more than go along to get along and just talk about the rest of it.
whatever

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:36 am

Myrensis wrote:You have far more in common with brown Americans than you do with lily-white Icelanders.

No, I actually do not; and I know enough about non-Whites to know that I don't want to live next to them. Even my Vietnamese friend from high school can understand wanting to stick to your own kind. Why else do you think there are Chinatowns or other ethnic enclaves in every major city? Do you know what other location I've been considering as a close second? Argentina. That would probably be easier for me to move to, given that it has a lower cost of living and a warm climate.

By the way, I've read that as the Democrats appeal to minorities, they are losing White voters. Only 38% of the White electorate voted Democrat in 2010. I expect that in the long term White liberals will be inclined to switch to Republican if not Independent. If the GOP can capture more White votes, it would pay off for 1 or 2 more election cycles at most before being too late in that Whites will be too small of a group to matter.
Last edited by Saiwania on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:09 am

Pilotto wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:its the lies.

foxnews is the only channel that I have seen cause people to break into spontaneous rants in public.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. All news is biased to a certain degree, and Fox News just happens to be the only cable news channel with a conservative slant. So I find it amusing when die-hard MSNBC fans attack Fox News, and blind themselves to their own hypocrisy.

Are you assuming people how attack Fox News are MSNBC fans?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:11 am

Viritica wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:that wouldn't be very republican.

that's why it would be better to stop advocating those things that drive Hispanics away, like demonizing immigration reform.

Immigration reform is fine. But we should also secure the border which is something Dems haven't even considered.

Secure the border? The darkies are terrorists?
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:12 am

Viritica wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:there is no sense debating foxnews in a thread that isn't about foxnews.

Yet somehow it manages to get brought up.

Well when you debate Republicans or their "plans." It is usually there spewing nonsense in support of the plans.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:15 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Viritica wrote:Immigration reform is fine. But we should also secure the border which is something Dems haven't even considered.

Make it so they can't just hop over all whilly billy.
Empire of Viritica (PMT) · Factbook (Incomplete)
Hamas started this after all
NSG's Resident KKKoch Rethuglican Shill
Watch Mark Levin shred Jon Stewart
The Jewish Reich is upon us

Conservative Atheist, Pro-Choice, Pro-LGBT rights, Pro-Israel, Zionist, Anti-UN

Viritica
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:15 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Viritica wrote:Yet somehow it manages to get brought up.

Well when you debate Republicans or their "plans." It is usually there spewing nonsense in support of the plans.

So you say.
Empire of Viritica (PMT) · Factbook (Incomplete)
Hamas started this after all
NSG's Resident KKKoch Rethuglican Shill
Watch Mark Levin shred Jon Stewart
The Jewish Reich is upon us

Conservative Atheist, Pro-Choice, Pro-LGBT rights, Pro-Israel, Zionist, Anti-UN

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:19 am

Estormo wrote:[nation][/nation]
Divair wrote:Abandon ship yet?

Well, they don't lie. But they put the truth on a biased perspective.

Indeed. Fair and Balanced after all. Problem is they regurgitate the same discredited nonsense to fit the agenda. Point Oreily interviewed General Clark twice during the Hadita affair. One question was about how Americans massacred Germans at Malmandy. Clark corrected him. Next interview the same question came up again and again Clark corrected him. Fox even had it on their web site until the second time and corrected it without a retraction.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:21 am

Viritica wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Make it so they can't just hop over all whilly billy.

Like the Canadian borders or the water based ones eh?

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:22 am

Switzerland is a mindset the US could never achieve.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General