NATION

PASSWORD

Ron Paul

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
South East Europe
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Ron Paul

Postby South East Europe » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:00 pm

I hate how people support Ron Paul, he is a complete jerk. They really don't know anything about him. There is one thing that people need to realize.
1. He opposed the ADA and said disabled people are insignificant. Meaning he didnt want any disabled people to get an education or healthcare or pursue a career. If the ADA were not passed, taxes would be much higher because at least 1% of the population would be eliminated from the workforce.
I'm a transgirl in her mid-twenties with multiple disabilities, my name is Maria and my pronouns are female ones.

Beachchairs
Envoy

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Ron Paul

Postby Beachchairs » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:04 pm

People like Ron Paul because Ron Paul wanted a small government.

And not a small government like most Republicans think is small government.

No other serious candidate really did this. So if small government was a top issue for you, Paul was your man.

Duckley
Envoy

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Duckley » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:05 pm

I dont really know much about this ron paul guy but I know hes an old doctor who tried to become president,

from the sound of things, I think hes trying to appeal to the marjority, because its the marjoritys votes that win, I dont know if hes A cheat or a ultilitarian

The_pantless_hero
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The_pantless_hero » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:06 pm

Fact: Ron Paul opposes federal government controlling your life.
Also Fact: Ron Paul hates you and hates your freedom. He wants states to have ultimate control not only of the nation but unchallengeably of their own people.
Bottle wrote:Equality is a slippery slope, people, and if you give it to the gays you have to give it to the polygamists and if you give it to the polygamists you have to give it to the serial dog molesters and if you give it to the serial dog molesters you have to give it to the machine fetishists and the next thing you know you're being tied up by a trio of polygamist lesbian powerbooks and you can't get out because the safety word is case sensistive!

Doing what we must because we can

Beachchairs
Envoy

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Beachchairs » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:07 pm

The_pantless_hero wrote:Fact: Ron Paul opposes federal government controlling your life.
Also Fact: Ron Paul hates you and hates your freedom. He wants states to have ultimate control not only of the nation but unchallengeably of their own people.

Truth. Most people just focused on fact 1.

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluth Corporation » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:08 pm

South East Europe wrote:1. He opposed the ADA

As he should. Laws requiring handicapped parking and accessibility in privately-owned businesses are an illegitimate violation of sacred natural private property rights.

If the ADA were not passed, taxes would be much higher because at least 1% of the population would be eliminated from the workforce.

Your conclusion does not follow from your premises.
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X

You should really be using Slackware

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:10 pm

The_pantless_hero wrote:Fact: Ron Paul opposes federal government controlling your life.

A statist is a statist. It's only the layer of government that runs your life that differentiates him from any dictator.

Political Spectrum
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Political Spectrum » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Fact 2 is not rue. He is about personal freedom. Sure certain things he says should be up to the states. And they SHOULD be up to the states as far as the constitution is concerned.

Sarkhaan
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarkhaan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:11 pm

Bluth Corporation wrote:
South East Europe wrote:1. He opposed the ADA

As he should. Laws requiring handicapped parking and accessibility in privately-owned businesses are an illegitimate violation of sacred natural private property rights.

If the ADA were not passed, taxes would be much higher because at least 1% of the population would be eliminated from the workforce.

Your conclusion does not follow from your premises.

Do you ever tire of posting the same mad-lib style sentence in every thread?

Laws requiring ________ in priavtely-owned ________ are an illigitimate violation of sacred natural __________ rights.

And there we have just about every post Bluth Corp. has ever made.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:13 pm

Sarkhaan wrote:
Laws requiring ________ in priavtely-owned ________ are an illigitimate violation of sacred natural __________ rights.

And it's nearly always true.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

The_pantless_hero
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The_pantless_hero » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:13 pm

Political Spectrum wrote:Fact 2 is not rue. He is about personal freedom.

Personal freedom to not challenge the states on matters Ron Paul thinks you shouldn't have freedom to challenge them on. Look up the Soviet propagana-inspired naming convention bill "We the People Act."
Last edited by The_pantless_hero on Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bottle wrote:Equality is a slippery slope, people, and if you give it to the gays you have to give it to the polygamists and if you give it to the polygamists you have to give it to the serial dog molesters and if you give it to the serial dog molesters you have to give it to the machine fetishists and the next thing you know you're being tied up by a trio of polygamist lesbian powerbooks and you can't get out because the safety word is case sensistive!

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:14 pm

Let's forget that the Constitution would still apply.

Let's forget the fact local rule is inherently more democratic.

Let's forget the fact the 10th and 14th amendment are not mutually exclusive.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:15 pm

Political Spectrum wrote:

Fact 2 is not rue. He is about personal freedom. Sure certain things he says should be up to the states. And they SHOULD be up to the states as far as the constitution is concerned.

That's right, if the states decide they want slavery back that's their right. And Ron Paul will lead the charge.

The_pantless_hero
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The_pantless_hero » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:16 pm

Allanea wrote:

Let's forget that the Constitution would still apply.

Let's forget the fact local rule is inherently more democratic.

Let's forget the fact the 10th and 14th amendment are not mutually exclusive.

Let's forget the fact that many parts of the Constitution are malleable by acts of Congress. Mainly the ones where you can go to the courts for redress of grievances.
Let's forget the fact I looked up Ron Paul and you didn't.

Greater Americania
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Americania » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:16 pm

Ron Paul would worked to return America to the Articles of Confederation era, which in turn would destroy America.
Federal Republic of Greater Americania: “Liberty, Soveriegnty, Freedom!”
Original Founder of the Nationalist Union
Member of the Santiago Anti-Communist Treaty Organization

Nationalist Republic, governed by the National Republican Party
Economic Left/Right: 2.0, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 6.21
President: Austin Farley
Vice President: John Raimark
Secretary of State: Jason Lee
Secretary of Defense: Shane Tomlinson
Secretary of Federal Security: Ross Ferrell
-Chief of Interior Security Forces: General James Calley
Secretary of Territorial Administration: Brandon Terry
-Governor of Tlozuk: Jarod Harris
-Governor of Comaack: John Fargo
*Territories are foreign nations which have been annexed by the Federal Republic

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:17 pm

Let's forget the fact I looked up Ron Paul and you didn't.

I read two of his books. I am intimately familiar with his views in a way you can not be.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sarkhaan
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarkhaan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Allanea wrote:
Sarkhaan wrote:

And it's nearly always true.

How exactly is it illigitimate? We vote in our law makers.

The_pantless_hero
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The_pantless_hero » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Allanea wrote:I read two of his books. I am intimately familiar with his views in a way you can not be.

I, instead, looked up what bills he has proposed and supported. Which is why I oppose Ron Paul and anyone who supports him knowing what he is. Most people who support him know really nothing about his positions. I just consider them idiots.

The_pantless_hero
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The_pantless_hero » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Greater Americania wrote:Ron Paul would worked to return America to the Articles of Confederation era, which in turn would destroy America.

This. Alot of Americans apparently never had decent American History classes.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:20 pm

He opposed the ADA and said disabled people are insignificant.

That right there, setting aside all the other reasons (which are legion), is enough to make me oppose him with my dying breath.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:21 pm

The_pantless_hero wrote:
Greater Americania wrote:Ron Paul would worked to return America to the Articles of Confederation era, which in turn would destroy America.

This. Alot of Americans apparently never had decent American History classes.

US History Class:

1) We kicked British ass.
2) We kicked their asses again in 1812 when they invaded without provocation.
3) We kicked ass in WWI.
4) We kicked ass in WWII.

Yes I'm aware that's not remotely accurate.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Re: Ron Paul [I have 1200 posts now]

Postby Allanea » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:22 pm

I am well familiar with Ron Paul's record. With the exception of H.J.RES.46, (repealing birth-right citizenship) and H.J.RES.80, (the flag-burning bill, which I think he submitted so he could show how retarded flag-burning bans were - he spoke against it in the Congressional debate), I either agree with his bills or don't give a shit about them (the whole abortion crap falls in that category).
Last edited by Allanea on Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

The_pantless_hero
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The_pantless_hero » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:23 pm

Khadgar wrote:US History Class:

1) We kicked British ass.
2) We kicked their asses again in 1812 when they invaded without provocation.
3) We kicked ass in WWI.
4) We kicked ass in WWII.

Yes I'm aware that's not remotely accurate.

Tell me about it. Even my Constitution class barely touched on the Articles.

You know why America is 200+ years old? You know why the Constitution was created? Because the Articles almost destroyed the hell of the new confederation of former British colonies.

Pantera
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pantera » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:24 pm

I don't think I would ever have voted for him but I did like his 'FUCK YOU!' stance on alot of things. I doubt 99% of his bat-shit policies would have made it through but the radical change he pushed was very tempting to some people. I can see why even if I don't agree with it.

His drug policies and chopping Income Tax made me look closer at him, but his other bag of loopy BS made me wish I hadn't wasted my time.
Tremble with the dawn, for it heralds the Long Night to come...
Tremble, for He brings the darkness as dusk never could...

Fire and Blood.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:24 pm

The_pantless_hero wrote:
You know why America is 200+ years old? You know why the Constitution was created? Because the Articles almost destroyed the hell of the new confederation of former British colonies.

Way to exaggerate all to fuck.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General