NATION

PASSWORD

War against Pigeons?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:02 am

GrarG wrote:
Christmahanikwanzikah wrote: What do you think of mosquitoes?

Without a doubt the most annoying creatures on the planet, save perhaps Frenchmen. At least they are not quite as unsightly, unless you crush them AFTER their assault on your veins and smear your own blood all over the wall. What a mess.

God, those dam Frenchmen!!! Makes my English blood boil just thinking about them. I think we need to go on a chevauchee across France. :twisted:

If only they did not make such good holiday homes...........................
Slava Ukraini

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:03 am

GrarG wrote:
Christmahanikwanzikah wrote: What do you think of mosquitoes?

Without a doubt the most annoying creatures on the planet, save perhaps Frenchmen. At least they are not quite as unsightly, unless you crush them AFTER their assault on your veins and smear your own blood all over the wall. What a mess.

Would you kill them as completely and indiscriminately as you would pigeons?

GrarG
Attaché

Founded: Apr 19, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby GrarG » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:05 am

The Nihilistic view wrote:
God, those dam Frenchmen!!! Makes my English blood boil just thinking about them. I think we need to go on a chevauchee across France. :twisted:

Amen to that. If only they would give us back Normandy, Brittany, Aquitaine and Pas-de-Calais we could put all this unpleasantness behind us.
Earth is hurtling at full speed towards total ecosystem collapse and, with it, the end of all life on this planet.

All other issues are utterly irrelevant in the face of this fact.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:05 am

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:
GrarG wrote:

What Frenchmen?
Slava Ukraini

God Kefka
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby God Kefka » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:06 am

Cetacea wrote:Giant nets strung over all parks, that way you get to feed the homeless too

I still think this is one of the most brilliant ideas proposed so far to solve this very serious problem...

The other idea of deploying WWII flak cannons again has too high a risk of civilian collateral... and I think the falcon strategy would prove counterproductive.
Art thread
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=261761

''WAIT?! Do I look like a waiter to you?''

GrarG
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby GrarG » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:06 am

GrarG wrote:

Mosquitoes or Frenchmen? Despite what you may think, the answer would NOT be the same.
Last edited by GrarG on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Earth is hurtling at full speed towards total ecosystem collapse and, with it, the end of all life on this planet.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:07 am

GrarG wrote:If only they would give us back Normandy, Brittany, Aquitaine and Pas-de-Calais we could put all this unpleasantness behind us.

If only they would give us back the topic of discussion and give Normandy to another thread... :p
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:07 am

God Kefka wrote:I still think this is one of the most brilliant ideas proposed so far to solve this very serious problem...

What problem?
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:07 am

GrarG wrote:
The Nihilistic view wrote:

Amen to that. If only they would give us back Normandy, Brittany, Aquitaine and Pas-de-Calais we could put all this unpleasantness behind us.

Indeed, if they just gave us back this perhaps we would have the time to deal with the pigeons.
Last edited by The Nihilistic view on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Orennana
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Orennana » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:07 am

So exterminating every animal that we consider to be a pest is a much better way to use public money to improve the quality of human existence than, say, helping to alleviate poverty, giving the homeless somewhere to go, stopping the sex trafficking trade, etc? If you insist on spending every penny the government earns on improving the quality of human life, at least make it something that is a major global issue. Looking a little scruufy for your job interview/date/whatever is nowhere near as bad as being sold into slavery (which, shockingly, does still happen - in fact there are probably more slaves in the world today than at any other time, even if the word "slave" isn't officially used)
Male, with strong feminine tendencies. Use whichever personal pronoun you fancy.
Puppet Master of Manchardas and Falupia. This nation more or less follows my political ideals. | Factbook
Sportswire
Official trigram: ORN
IBS V finalists!

God Kefka
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby God Kefka » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:09 am

HorusLand wrote:
GrarG wrote:If only they would give us back Normandy, Brittany, Aquitaine and Pas-de-Calais we could put all this unpleasantness behind us.

If only they would give us back the topic of discussion and give Normandy to another thread... :p

I think he might be suggesting a Decisive Battle doctrine... where you would draw out a large segment of the main pigeon army for a pitched and decisive battle (I'm not sure this would still work though) as opposed to going at it through piece-meal and general sweep operational styles.
Art thread

God Kefka
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby God Kefka » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:11 am

Orennana wrote:So exterminating every animal that we consider to be a pest is a much better way to use public money to improve the quality of human existence than, say, helping to alleviate poverty, giving the homeless somewhere to go, stopping the sex trafficking trade, etc? If you insist on spending every penny the government earns on improving the quality of human life, at least make it something that is a major global issue. Looking a little scruufy for your job interview/date/whatever is nowhere near as bad as being sold into slavery (which, shockingly, does still happen - in fact there are probably more slaves in the world today than at any other time, even if the word "slave" isn't officially used)

Slavery is outlawed in the First World. And there's practically no poverty in the First World (comparatively speaking).

What IS a major problem in the First World, is this infestation we call the Pigeon.

And yes, I'd prefer to look as beautiful as possible for my dates and my job interviews then find myself at risk of being bombed by the flying buggers...

The city owns its people a general measure of protection I should say.
Last edited by God Kefka on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Art thread

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:11 am

Orennana wrote:So exterminating every animal that we consider to be a pest is a much better way to use public money to improve the quality of human existence than, say, helping to alleviate poverty, giving the homeless somewhere to go, stopping the sex trafficking trade, etc? If you insist on spending every penny the government earns on improving the quality of human life, at least make it something that is a major global issue. Looking a little scruufy for your job interview/date/whatever is nowhere near as bad as being sold into slavery (which, shockingly, does still happen - in fact there are probably more slaves in the world today than at any other time, even if the word "slave" isn't officially used)

Well as it happens, where there is the most poverty there is also the most pests etc. So it actually would improve the lives of those in poverty and make their environment a lot less disease ridden and cleaner.
Slava Ukraini

GrarG
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby GrarG » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:12 am

Every pigeon that is culled will improve my quality of life significantly, and you can't possibly suggest this would be more of a waste of public money than half the other things the governments do.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:12 am

GrarG wrote:

Mosquitoes or Frenchmen? Despite what you may think, the answer would NOT be the same.

Indeed. ;)
Slava Ukraini

Orennana
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Orennana » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:12 am

God Kefka wrote:

Slavery is outlawed in the First World. And there's practically no poverty in the First World (comparatively speaking).

What IS a major problem in the First World, is this infestation we call the Pigeon.

And yes, I'd prefer to look as beautiful as possible for my dates and my job interviews then find myself at risk of being bombed by the flying buggers...

Slavery is outlawed. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Male, with strong feminine tendencies. Use whichever personal pronoun you fancy.
Puppet Master of Manchardas and Falupia. This nation more or less follows my political ideals. | Factbook
Sportswire
Official trigram: ORN
IBS V finalists!

God Kefka
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby God Kefka » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:14 am

Orennana wrote:
God Kefka wrote:

Slavery is outlawed. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

You're not going to convince me that illegal slave trade is a widespread epidemic problem in the First World...

The pigeon and its attacks from the sky however... is...
Art thread

Zepplien
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zepplien » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:15 am

God Kefka wrote:
Cetacea wrote:Giant nets strung over all parks, that way you get to feed the homeless too

I still think this is one of the most brilliant ideas proposed so far to solve this very serious problem...

The other idea of deploying WWII flak cannons again has too high a risk of civilian collateral... and I think the falcon strategy would prove counterproductive.

The deaths of a few people is small price to pay for the eradication of Pigeons

One pooped on me once, so I ate a pigeon in front of them, to show I wasn't screwing around
(Great place in Vancouver sells fried pigeon in a wonderful sauce)
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Come to the Communist side, we have Cookies Wheat
I take boring you to a whole new level!
Never mistake my IC nation for communism. think of it as Zepism, something unique and terrifying
Ode to Zepplin:

You Play as a Bisexual think tank, in a woemans body so gracefully... But as quickly as you came you are gone playing a Chineese Clone... Then you are a stupid, homocidal iddiot who will kill 1000 people for his own power... You are my hero.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:16 am

God Kefka wrote:The pigeon and its attacks from the sky however... is...

This has already been responded to. It isn't, and you know it, because silence is agreeing. :p

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:16 am

GrarG wrote:

Mosquitoes, of course, since they were what I was talking about.

GrarG
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby GrarG » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:16 am

God Kefka wrote:
HorusLand wrote:If only they would give us back the topic of discussion and give Normandy to another thread... :p

I think he might be suggesting a Decisive Battle doctrine... where you would draw out a large segment of the main pigeon army for a pitched and decisive battle (I'm not sure this would still work though) as opposed to going at it through piece-meal and general sweep operational styles.

Strategically I would suggest guerilla warfare. They are far too cowardly to ever face us on even terms, but if we arm the people with air rifles (enough to kill a pigeon but not a man!) and set standing orders for all citizens to shoot the vermin on sight we will get them eventually.

Clean up may be a problem.

God Kefka
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby God Kefka » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:16 am

Zepplien wrote:
God Kefka wrote:

The deaths of a few people is small price to pay for the eradication of Pigeons

One pooped on me once, so I ate a pigeon in front of them, to show I wasn't screwing around

Did this work as good deterrence?

I do believe psychological conditioning of the primitive minds of some of these animals is very much in the realm of the proven and the possible...
Art thread

L Ron Cupboard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby L Ron Cupboard » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:17 am

KFP
A leopard in every home, you know it makes sense.

Zepplien
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zepplien » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:18 am

God Kefka wrote:
Zepplien wrote:The deaths of a few people is small price to pay for the eradication of Pigeons

Did this work as good deterrence?

I do believe psychological conditioning of the primitive minds of some of these animals is very much in the realm of the proven and the possible...

They have yet to poo on me or my car sense, so... Yes, it worked
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Come to the Communist side, we have Cookies Wheat
I take boring you to a whole new level!
Never mistake my IC nation for communism. think of it as Zepism, something unique and terrifying
Ode to Zepplin:

You Play as a Bisexual think tank, in a woemans body so gracefully... But as quickly as you came you are gone playing a Chineese Clone... Then you are a stupid, homocidal iddiot who will kill 1000 people for his own power... You are my hero.

GrarG
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby GrarG » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:18 am

GrarG wrote:

Mosquitoes, of course, since they were what I was talking about.

I only wish to kill mosquitoes that enter my home.

Frenchmen on the other hand...

I jest, of course

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General