NATION

PASSWORD

War against Pigeons?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:38 am

Sun Wukong wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Pigeons aren't that bad as long as they don't shit on you.

True of most things, really.

Cockroaches are disgusting even if they don't shit on you.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:40 am

Empire of Narnia wrote:These, my comrades are very common where I live.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_control_spike

I oppose such automation. Every bird spike is one less job for our unemployed young people.

You're looking well this morning Dylan. Today, you will be defending the corporate signage from avian vandals ... no, it's not dangerous work. Yes, "avian" means birds. Look, calm down. Relax. There is no such thing as a pterodactyl, those are extinct. No, the birds won't peck you in the eye, they're pigeons not vultures. In any case, you'll be wearing your safety goggles. Now take this avian repellant broom, climb this ladder and attach your safety harness to the sign. If you see any birds approaching, wave the repellant in their direction. It's really pretty simple. Yes, you will get your regular breaks, I'll send Karen or Mike around with the ladder, and if you have any problems, at all, you can call me. Now get up there and do your job!
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

Empire of Narnia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Narnia » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:45 am

Am I the only one thinking this could be made into a decent NationStates issue?

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:12 am

Parhe wrote:I did not know Pigeons were so hated. Though where I now live, around Dallas, Pigeons aren't very common and instead I see grackles everywhere. Seriously, they are everywhere in these big hordes, though I personally find them cute and they look cool in my opinion in their big swarms either flying around or perched together. Then again, I never have been bothered much by their droppings or calls, maybe they aren't as bad a pigeons or I am more lenient with flying rats.

The pigeon has a pleasant sound. Even when they're fighting with each other, their calls aren't ear-piercing.

You know what? In all my life I have never been pooped on by a pigeon. Or any other kind of bird, and I've spend a lot of time outdoors. I've been pecked on the head several times, by birds defending their nests ... and fair enough, I do like an egg for breakfast. One time, when I had dreadlocks (the buttlazy "fuck brushing my hair" kind of dreadlocks, not the "a prophet told me never to brush my hair" kind of dreadlocks) a big black bird stole one of my dreadlocks for its nest. It scared the crap out of me, and my scalp bled a bit after.

But I've never been pooped on. I respect birds and they respect me.

Empire of Narnia wrote:Am I the only one thinking this could be made into a decent NationStates issue?

I'm no expert: it might already be an issue. Got Issues?

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:24 am

Ailiailia wrote:But I've never been pooped on. I respect birds and they respect me.

You're optimistic. I've been shat on several times. But by seagulls, because the local variety likes to hang around places where it can find easy food. And anyway, one species of pigeon is illegal to kill anyway.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:44 am

Costa Fierro wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:But I've never been pooped on. I respect birds and they respect me.

You're optimistic.

Or lucky.

I've been shat on several times. But by seagulls, because the local variety likes to hang around places where it can find easy food. And anyway, one species of pigeon is illegal to kill anyway.

You've been shat on by seagulls. That says more about you than it does about them :p

Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:45 am

Ailiailia wrote:You've been shat on by seagulls. That says more about you than it does about them :p

Considering hundreds of the damned things plagued all the schools I attended as a kid, it's inevitable that I'd be on the receiving end of a bomb at some point.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:08 am

Costa Fierro wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:You've been shat on by seagulls. That says more about you than it does about them :p

Considering hundreds of the damned things plagued all the schools I attended as a kid, it's inevitable that I'd be on the receiving end of a bomb at some point.

Not your fault. But there must be some reason that hundreds of the birds would turn up at lunch time.

Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:12 am

Ailiailia wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:

Not your fault. But there must be some reason that hundreds of the birds would turn up at lunch time.

Free and easy food.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:13 am

Pigeons? I'd be more troubled by seagulls to be honest. Like Costa I'm pretty sure I've also had the misfortune of being struck by their poo on by one of them (luckily it was a rain jacket... the "pretty sure" bit lies in whether or not it was a seagull; I think it was).

I'd also say that blind luck probably has more to do with being hit by bird poo than anything else.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General