NATION

PASSWORD

Teen Gunned Down by Police for Answering Door with WiiMote

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 133411
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:33 pm

Viritica wrote:
Gravlen wrote:What was his father on probation for then? I haven't seen any sources talking about it, so please, do tell.

You assume that I know.

So she could actually have been storming the apartment of a known drug dealer.


Viritica wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Well I'd been under the impression that the whole "WiiMote in his hand" was true, which this contradicts.



No amount of training with a taser can allow one to view the future and know how many people you'll need to deal with when the door opens.


Same place your one was, somewhere in the thread.

There wasn't any army beyond that door. If anything it was a father and son.

That's one person more than can be subdued with a taser.
Last edited by Ifreann on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him

Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot
starts

User avatar
Gravlen
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11650
Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:57 pm

Viritica wrote:
Gravlen wrote:What was his father on probation for then? I haven't seen any sources talking about it, so please, do tell.

You assume that I know.

Well why else would you say that it wasn't likely he was a known drug dealer?
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

User avatar
Gravlen
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11650
Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:01 pm

Ifreann wrote:
Gravlen wrote:Actually, I don't think it does. Not yet, not before it's confirmed by someone with more authority or based on something more than this spokesperson seems to have to go on. But it is an important piece of information we need to not loose sight of.

Well I'd been under the impression that the whole "WiiMote in his hand" was true, which this contradicts.

I see.


Uncontradictorily...
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

User avatar
Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Feb 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:07 pm

The female officer should be locked up in a prison for life.

Police officers should be penalised more heavily when they break a law and should be fired if they break a serious law (like how lawyers and judges are disbarred for committing crimes) because it is these same people who are suppose to uphold the law and yet they break the law themselves.
Alternate Soviet Union
Puppet of: Ardoki
Population: 3 578 000 000
Map
National Anthem
I am a Teenager.
I have Aspergers (Mild High-Functioning Autism) and ADHD.
I am also a Perfectionist and a Control Freak.

Economic Left/Right: -9.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.54
My Political Compass
Likes: Socialism, Communism, Democracy, Anarchism, Republicanism, Science, Humanism, Secularism
Dislikes: Capitalism, Fascism, Oligarchies, Autocracies, Theocracies, Conservatism, Liberalism, LOLbertarianism (Libertarianism), "Anarcho"-capitalism, Religion (particularly Christianity)

User avatar
Bratislavskaya
Minister
 
Posts: 2201
Founded: Jun 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislavskaya » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:07 pm

So if the Officer was going to do something about a probation, why the hell did they have a gun drawn when they went in? What kind of training do they give the police over there? Police officers over here in the UK don't have guns and they still go into houses (I'm not saying more gun control) so I don't know why this retard did.
Last edited by Bratislavskaya on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glory to the Soviet Socialist Republic of Bratislavskaya!
Communist Party of Britain Member

Je suis Donbass

User avatar
Alliir
Minister
 
Posts: 3058
Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Im honestly really sad now.

I feel that the officer should be put on trial. I honestly think that the murderer should be executed.

Im no longer in my happy mood.
Major things to note about me-
I'm religious.
I'm feminist (Or Egalitarian, I guess)
I'm stupid.

Not necessarily in that order.

User avatar
Gravlen
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11650
Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:15 pm

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:The female officer should be locked up in a prison for life.

Police officers should be penalised more heavily when they break a law and should be fired if they break a serious law (like how lawyers and judges are disbarred for committing crimes) because it is these same people who are suppose to uphold the law and yet they break the law themselves.

What law did she break?

Alliir wrote:Im honestly really sad now.

I feel that the officer should be put on trial. I honestly think that the murderer should be executed.

Im no longer in my happy mood.

I don't mind seeing her put on trial, but let's not execute the horse before the cart, mmkay?
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

User avatar
Bratislavskaya
Minister
 
Posts: 2201
Founded: Jun 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislavskaya » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:22 pm

Gravlen wrote:
Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:The female officer should be locked up in a prison for life.

Police officers should be penalised more heavily when they break a law and should be fired if they break a serious law (like how lawyers and judges are disbarred for committing crimes) because it is these same people who are suppose to uphold the law and yet they break the law themselves.

What law did she break?

I believe she broke the "Don't kill people" one.
Glory to the Soviet Socialist Republic of Bratislavskaya!
Communist Party of Britain Member

Je suis Donbass

User avatar
Stovokor
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1109
Founded: Dec 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stovokor » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:24 pm

I seriously want new information on this, this back and fourth is getting stupid.
If i'm responding to you directly, it is generally safe to disregard everything that was said and assume i'm calling you a twit.
I Roleplay as such my nation is not a representation of my political, economic, and spiritual beliefs.

Economic Left/Right: 1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.92

User avatar
Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Feb 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:24 pm

Gravlen wrote:
Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:The female officer should be locked up in a prison for life.

Police officers should be penalised more heavily when they break a law and should be fired if they break a serious law (like how lawyers and judges are disbarred for committing crimes) because it is these same people who are suppose to uphold the law and yet they break the law themselves.

What law did she break?
The one titled Homocide.
Last edited by Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alternate Soviet Union
Puppet of: Ardoki
Population: 3 578 000 000
Map
National Anthem
I am a Teenager.
I have Aspergers (Mild High-Functioning Autism) and ADHD.
I am also a Perfectionist and a Control Freak.

Economic Left/Right: -9.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.54
My Political Compass
Likes: Socialism, Communism, Democracy, Anarchism, Republicanism, Science, Humanism, Secularism
Dislikes: Capitalism, Fascism, Oligarchies, Autocracies, Theocracies, Conservatism, Liberalism, LOLbertarianism (Libertarianism), "Anarcho"-capitalism, Religion (particularly Christianity)

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 133411
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:25 pm

Bratislavskaya wrote:So if the Officer was going to do something about a probation, why the hell did they have a gun drawn when they went in?

The better to shoot people with.
What kind of training do they give the police over there?

How to use their guns to shoot people who are posing a threat to the officers themselves, to their colleagues, or to someone else. Or something along those lines, I imagine.
Police officers over here in the UK don't have guns and they still go into houses (I'm not saying more gun control) so I don't know why this retard did.

Well Euhralee, Georgia isn't in the UK.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him

Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot
starts

User avatar
Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Feb 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Bratislavskaya wrote:
Gravlen wrote:What law did she break?

I believe she broke the "Don't kill people" one.
There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.
Alternate Soviet Union
Puppet of: Ardoki
Population: 3 578 000 000
Map
National Anthem
I am a Teenager.
I have Aspergers (Mild High-Functioning Autism) and ADHD.
I am also a Perfectionist and a Control Freak.

Economic Left/Right: -9.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.54
My Political Compass
Likes: Socialism, Communism, Democracy, Anarchism, Republicanism, Science, Humanism, Secularism
Dislikes: Capitalism, Fascism, Oligarchies, Autocracies, Theocracies, Conservatism, Liberalism, LOLbertarianism (Libertarianism), "Anarcho"-capitalism, Religion (particularly Christianity)

User avatar
Alliir
Minister
 
Posts: 3058
Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:28 pm

Ifreann wrote:
Bratislavskaya wrote:So if the Officer was going to do something about a probation, why the hell did they have a gun drawn when they went in?

The better to shoot people with.
What kind of training do they give the police over there?

How to use their guns to shoot people who are posing a threat to the officers themselves, to their colleagues, or to someone else. Or something along those lines, I imagine.
Police officers over here in the UK don't have guns and they still go into houses (I'm not saying more gun control) so I don't know why this retard did.

Well Euhralee, Georgia isn't in the UK.


You're acting as if you're siding with the officer.
Im not going to like you.
Major things to note about me-
I'm religious.
I'm feminist (Or Egalitarian, I guess)
I'm stupid.

Not necessarily in that order.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 133411
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:31 pm

Bratislavskaya wrote:
Gravlen wrote:What law did she break?

I believe she broke the "Don't kill people" one.

Are you not aware that it can sometimes be legal to kill another person?


Alliir wrote:
Ifreann wrote:The better to shoot people with.

How to use their guns to shoot people who are posing a threat to the officers themselves, to their colleagues, or to someone else. Or something along those lines, I imagine.

Well Euhralee, Georgia isn't in the UK.


You're acting as if you're siding with the officer.
Im not going to like you.

Somehow I think I'll cope.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him

Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot
starts

User avatar
Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21356
Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Bratislavskaya wrote:
Gravlen wrote:What law did she break?

I believe she broke the "Don't kill people" one.


Killing people isn't a crime. There are crimes that involve killing people, yes; but merely because Set B is a subset of Set A does not mean all A is B.
Such heroic nonsense!

User avatar
Shaggai
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9342
Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Alliir wrote:
Ifreann wrote:The better to shoot people with.

How to use their guns to shoot people who are posing a threat to the officers themselves, to their colleagues, or to someone else. Or something along those lines, I imagine.

Well Euhralee, Georgia isn't in the UK.


1.You're acting as if you're siding with the officer.
2. Im not going to like you.

1. From what I can tell, Ifreann is arguing that the officer might not be guilty. That's pretty reasonable, I would say. Especially because of the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing.
2. Honestly, I don't think Ifreann will care.
If you come into contact with the Shining Trapezohedron, please bring it to me. Or just look into it. Either one is fine.

SEVEN INTO SEVEN INTO SEVEN

The "Who is Salt?" ending of Seeking Mr. Eaten's Name is a link between Fallen London and Cultist Simulator.

User avatar
Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21356
Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:34 pm

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:
Gravlen wrote:What law did she break?
The one titled Homocide.


It has not been ascertained if the criteria of this event constitute criminal homicide.
Such heroic nonsense!

User avatar
Shemiki
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1072
Founded: Jun 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shemiki » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:35 pm

@Ifreann I don't see how that's relevant; maybe you should just see my big mega-post that Starvation is Fun complained about; I meant the investigation results; why not; that wasn't serious -_-; and yet it doesn't matter because the kid's still dead; if he hasn't released all info to the public, he isn't exactly worthy of more attention than anyone else; it was a WiiM- actually, let's not start this again; and I meant protocol, not the situation.

@Gravlen Not sporadic, it's actually quite widespread; it may be speculation, but it's still backed up by evidence; in certain circumstances, yes; that's all well and good, and I await investigation results as much as you, I'm just saying that for the most part the evidence points in that direction; that's fine as well, have fun waiting for your investigation results; actually, I'm not wrong, I'm just speculating and could be right :P; perhaps you'd like to not take take things out of context, as I merely said she's responsible for someone's death, and that's a fact; also what's most likely; which is(?); I don't see why not, unless your saying she was paralyzed from the waist down; some vs most; reasonable; this one I'll concede; from what we know, yes; and yet they're the only picture; yeah, it's either most or few; so the cop broke down for no reason, I suppose; yeah, because eyewitnesses aren't reliable; already posted; source; I hope that's not true; and i suppose you haven't; oh no, no need to worry for me; except they're all we have; yes we do; no, but we can follow up on the possibilities that are more likely; I won't pretend to be an expert, but I'd generally expect that avoiding being shot takes precedence to shooting; yes, because she's very incapable of getting wrappings or something to stop the flow of blood; which has been established; already posted; reasonably doing so; I guess real-world experience is meaningless in solving these matters; nothing that's been released; already posted.
82,312,875

User avatar
Bratislavskaya
Minister
 
Posts: 2201
Founded: Jun 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislavskaya » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:36 pm

Ifreann wrote:How to use their guns to shoot people who are posing a threat to the officers themselves, to their colleagues, or to someone else. Or something along those lines, I imagine.

But there was no threat, it would be more understandable if she drew the gun when he opened the door, but she had the gun drawn before she went in, unless its a raid I don't think (I'm not too familiar with Police training) you should have a gun drawn.
Ifreann wrote:Well Euhralee, Georgia isn't in the UK.

:clap: Good work you know geography. Seriously though the same general concept of "Don't pull out a gun knock on the door and shoot the person that comes to it if they have a gun, when I'm doing a Probation" thing apply's.
Glory to the Soviet Socialist Republic of Bratislavskaya!
Communist Party of Britain Member

Je suis Donbass

User avatar
Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Feb 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:38 pm

Tekania wrote:
Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote: The one titled Homocide.


It has not been ascertained if the criteria of this event constitute criminal homicide.
According to witness statements it was homicide. In courts of law witnesses are believed unless there is evidence to refute them or they are proven to be unreliable.
Last edited by Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alternate Soviet Union
Puppet of: Ardoki
Population: 3 578 000 000
Map
National Anthem
I am a Teenager.
I have Aspergers (Mild High-Functioning Autism) and ADHD.
I am also a Perfectionist and a Control Freak.

Economic Left/Right: -9.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.54
My Political Compass
Likes: Socialism, Communism, Democracy, Anarchism, Republicanism, Science, Humanism, Secularism
Dislikes: Capitalism, Fascism, Oligarchies, Autocracies, Theocracies, Conservatism, Liberalism, LOLbertarianism (Libertarianism), "Anarcho"-capitalism, Religion (particularly Christianity)

User avatar
Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21356
Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:39 pm

Bratislavskaya wrote:
Ifreann wrote:How to use their guns to shoot people who are posing a threat to the officers themselves, to their colleagues, or to someone else. Or something along those lines, I imagine.

But there was no threat, it would be more understandable if she drew the gun when he opened the door, but she had the gun drawn before she went in, unless its a raid I don't think (I'm not too familiar with Police training) you should have a gun drawn.
Ifreann wrote:Well Euhralee, Georgia isn't in the UK.

:clap: Good work you know geography. Seriously though the same general concept of "Don't pull out a gun knock on the door and shoot the person that comes to it if they have a gun, when I'm doing a Probation" thing apply's.


IT should be noted that depending on the context of the warrant(s) being served, a perceived threat that would require a gun being drawn could exist. We do know they had warrants they were attempting to execute against the boys father and one other person. The context of those warrants other than the one relating the father who was on probation is unknown at this point.
Such heroic nonsense!

User avatar
Bratislavskaya
Minister
 
Posts: 2201
Founded: Jun 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislavskaya » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Tekania wrote:
Bratislavskaya wrote:I believe she broke the "Don't kill people" one.


Killing people isn't a crime. There are crimes that involve killing people, yes; but merely because Set B is a subset of Set A does not mean all A is B.

Ok then, she broke the "don't kill a random unarmed person for no reason" one.
Glory to the Soviet Socialist Republic of Bratislavskaya!
Communist Party of Britain Member

Je suis Donbass

User avatar
Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21356
Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:42 pm

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:
Tekania wrote:
It has not been ascertained if the criteria of this event constitute criminal homicide.
According to witness statements it was homicide. In courts of law witnesses are believed unless there is evidence to refute them or they are proven to be unreliable.


Those are not official statements. They are alleged quotes from witnesses. Additionally at least one other piece of information being supplied is fraudulent (the ROTC claim) so it causes me to doubt the reliability of the article or its sources.
Such heroic nonsense!

User avatar
Bratislavskaya
Minister
 
Posts: 2201
Founded: Jun 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislavskaya » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:42 pm

Tekania wrote:
Bratislavskaya wrote:But there was no threat, it would be more understandable if she drew the gun when he opened the door, but she had the gun drawn before she went in, unless its a raid I don't think (I'm not too familiar with Police training) you should have a gun drawn.

:clap: Good work you know geography. Seriously though the same general concept of "Don't pull out a gun knock on the door and shoot the person that comes to it if they have a gun, when I'm doing a Probation" thing apply's.


IT should be noted that depending on the context of the warrant(s) being served, a perceived threat that would require a gun being drawn could exist. We do know they had warrants they were attempting to execute against the boys father and one other person. The context of those warrants other than the one relating the father who was on probation is unknown at this point.

Ok I accept that, that is a valid reason.
Glory to the Soviet Socialist Republic of Bratislavskaya!
Communist Party of Britain Member

Je suis Donbass

User avatar
Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21356
Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Bratislavskaya wrote:
Tekania wrote:
Killing people isn't a crime. There are crimes that involve killing people, yes; but merely because Set B is a subset of Set A does not mean all A is B.

Ok then, she broke the "don't kill a random unarmed person for no reason" one.


There is an alleged reason. Investigation is still pending.
Such heroic nonsense!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arachkya, Arumdaum, Asherahan, Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Blueflarst, Cetacea, Emulation White, Graag Brom, Greallemonsland, Hirota, Hurdergaryp, Kiruri, Miami Shores, MSN [Bot], Necroghastia, North Prarie, Osaareeperrielufrtopia, Ostroeuropa, Risottia, San Lumen, Senkaku, Shrillland, Telconi, The New California Republic, Torrocca, Totenborg, Vassenor, Victorious Decepticons, Zurkerx

Advertisement

Remove ads