NATION

PASSWORD

LGBT Rights & Issues Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:23 am

-Palaven- wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:
Nope, they can't lose citizenship for this. They might (probably not) lose the next election though.

Shame, such a dishonor requires a massive punishment.

At the end of the day, this is a distraction that puts the focus on a non issue, a normal thing...and thus taking heat away from important things...such as the economy, or heathcare....I assume at least, even if there wasn't anything to do, there is no reason to be bringing this up.

These gays and lesbians are doing a fine job being citizens, and as far as I know, they are not halting progress, in fact they are going for it.

You Humans won't make it to space at this rate, even we were to hand you Eezo and all that, you would only end up a mess.

Ugh...Humans in space, I like some of you, but its going to be a pain having to bring you under the Hierarchy if you cause trouble in space.

Hopefully you and me will have passed long before that.

I hate to tell you this, but humans have made it into space. We have landed on the moon a couple of times. We seem to progress in engineering feats far quicker then we do social feats.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:24 am

Llamalandia wrote:
Soldati senza confini wrote:
Illegal immigration is not the point I am trying to make though.

What I am trying to make a footnote with illegal immigration is that Arizona is nearing the point where almost every demographic which is not a White Christian Republican won't want to be there, driving off most of their business and they being EXACTLY like Oklahoma, which is to say in a condition so deplorable that anyone can go invest in peanuts in their land and they will have to take it because it's the best they can do with their properties plummeting into the ground.

Ok, fine with me, that's just how the market works. But seriously driving out illegals isnt going to kill property values come on that's just ridiculous. ;)

Tell that to Oklahoma, who right now has the lowest Property tax of the entire union, and the lowest property values I have seen since my dad bought this house in '97 here in Dallas, TX.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:25 am

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:
Didn't Arizona already lose a lot of money due to the paper's please law?

It's already costing them millions of dollars a year just to keep up with it. This is without counting the mass migration of 200,000 immigrants out of state which has caused them to lose God knows how many more hundreds of millions of dollars in production and making their state's GDP go into a crunch.

And they still want to do this??? Brilliant. :palm:
Just A Little though

-Palaven-
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Palaven- » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:25 am

Neutraligon wrote:
-Palaven- wrote:
Shame, such a dishonor requires a massive punishment.

At the end of the day, this is a distraction that puts the focus on a non issue, a normal thing...and thus taking heat away from important things...such as the economy, or heathcare....I assume at least, even if there wasn't anything to do, there is no reason to be bringing this up.

These gays and lesbians are doing a fine job being citizens, and as far as I know, they are not halting progress, in fact they are going for it.

You Humans won't make it to space at this rate, even we were to hand you Eezo and all that, you would only end up a mess.

Ugh...Humans in space, I like some of you, but its going to be a pain having to bring you under the Hierarchy if you cause trouble in space.

Hopefully you and me will have passed long before that.

I hate to tell you this, but humans have made it into space. We have landed on the moon a couple of times. We seem to progress in engineering feats far quicker then we do social feats.

I read about that, and its impressive, I don't think any other race did....

Well what I meant was become a, what do you say...Type 1?

Yeah, I mean with space ships and all that.

Anyways thats a discussion for another time, lets talk about promoting rights.
Read my sig please!

UEG Puppet :P
In the Nation States General forum, I RP a Turian citizen, why do so in a OOC forum? Discussion, humor, etc.

"I die for the cause, for my country, I stand against the tide of xeno aggression and open my heart to xeno compassion. I honor my family as my life bearers, and honor the state which I was brought into."

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:26 am

Dragoria wrote:
Aeken wrote:http://news.msn.com/us/arizona-governor-asked-to-nix-bill-angering-gays
After hearing that the legislation was approved, Rocco DiGrazia, owner of Rocco's Little Chicago Pizzeria in Tucson, put up a sign on a window Thursday night that reads "We reserve the right to refuse service to Arizona legislators."

DiGrazia calls the bill's approval "appalling."

DiGrazia, who grew up Catholic but doesn't follow any religion now, said he cares more about dishing out pizza to customers — gay or straight. He isn't sure if he'll follow what's on his sign.

I like that guy.
Give him a medal. Or five.

Indeed. I'd be nice to see if he'll act upon his sign. If the bill happens to pass, of course.
Last edited by Aeken on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:26 am

-Palaven- wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

What's so sad about this is how this is likely to harm the state and business owners because they will make less money.
Just A Little though

Dragoria
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:28 am

Aeken wrote:
Dragoria wrote: Give him a medal. Or five.

Indeed. I'd be nice to see if he'll act upon his sign. If the bill happens to pass, of course.
More medals if he does.
"Alliances are fun. I'm in. Unless this is an alliance which I already joined, in which case I'm out. Quint's an asshole." ~Quintolania
"I thought you were like the manliest man ever. If someone told me you were a brilliant swordsman and hunted deer on foot and unarmed, I wouldn't have thought that it was much of an exaggeration." ~Murbleflip

Que Sera, Sera

-Palaven-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby -Palaven- » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:29 am

Neutraligon wrote:
-Palaven- wrote:

What's so sad about this is how this is likely to harm the state and business owners because they will make less money.

True, its a disappointment, I admire a lot of what the country has done, its a story fitting of a legend...but...it doesn't hold up to the dream.

There are a lot of things that need to be taken care of, and unfortunately you have to do it yourselves. >:E
Read my sig please!

In the Nation States General forum, I RP a Turian citizen, why do so in a OOC forum? Discussion, humor, etc.

"I die for the cause, for my country, I stand against the tide of xeno aggression and open my heart to xeno compassion. I honor my family as my life bearers, and honor the state which I was brought into."

Dragoria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:30 am

-Palaven- wrote:
Dragoria wrote: General is an Out Of Character forum...

OOC: I take it you don't know the secondary concept behind this account then. Its to add discussion from an alien view point, I find the Turians to be the best example to do this since they seem the most unique. I raise discussions or participate, but from a alien perspective, its a new way to communicate, like some sort of social experiment. It works so long as people go along with it :)

And yeah, I got clearance from Dread lady first, (She responded first) and as long as I follow the rules, I'm fine :)
I find that very strange, but if no rules is bein' broke then have at it I guess.
"Alliances are fun. I'm in. Unless this is an alliance which I already joined, in which case I'm out. Quint's an asshole." ~Quintolania
"I thought you were like the manliest man ever. If someone told me you were a brilliant swordsman and hunted deer on foot and unarmed, I wouldn't have thought that it was much of an exaggeration." ~Murbleflip

Que Sera, Sera

-Palaven-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby -Palaven- » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:31 am

Dragoria wrote:
-Palaven- wrote:
OOC: I take it you don't know the secondary concept behind this account then. Its to add discussion from an alien view point, I find the Turians to be the best example to do this since they seem the most unique. I raise discussions or participate, but from a alien perspective, its a new way to communicate, like some sort of social experiment. It works so long as people go along with it :)

And yeah, I got clearance from Dread lady first, (She responded first) and as long as I follow the rules, I'm fine :)
I find that very strange, but if no rules is bein' broke then have at it I guess.

OOC: I find it weird too, but I like the idea of trying something different, it helps me improve my imagination because I need to fill the part ^_^

We should get on topic now :)
Read my sig please!

Dragoria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:33 am

-Palaven- wrote:
Dragoria wrote: I find that very strange, but if no rules is bein' broke then have at it I guess.

OOC: I find it weird too, but I like the idea of trying something different, it helps me improve my imagination because I need to fill the part ^_^

Are there gay aliens?

Que Sera, Sera

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:34 am

I think this Arizona law, if it passes. Is gonna ask some interesting questions about discrimination law.

ALMF
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ALMF » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:36 am

Dragoria wrote:
-Palaven- wrote:OOC: I find it weird too, but I like the idea of trying something different, it helps me improve my imagination because I need to fill the part ^_^

Are there gay aliens?

According to the encyclopedia Romulan society has no gender roles whatever so approximately 1/2 relationships should be same sex.
a left social libertarian (all on a scale 0-10 with a direction: 0 centrist 10 extreme)
Left over right: 5.99
Libertarian over authoritarian: 4.2,
non-interventionist over neo-con: 5.14
Cultural liberal over cultural conservative: 7.6

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 16 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 5 percent are more extremist than you.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:37 am

ALMF wrote:
Dragoria wrote: Are there gay aliens?

According to the encyclopedia Romulan society has no gender roles whatever so approximately 1/2 relationships should be same sex.

Klingon society has similar structure.

ALMF
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby ALMF » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:37 am

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:I think this Arizona law, if it passes. Is gonna ask some interesting questions about discrimination law.

Like will Tommas and Roberts stick to there previous reasoning and lafe it out of court?
a left social libertarian (all on a scale 0-10 with a direction: 0 centrist 10 extreme)

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 16 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 5 percent are more extremist than you.

-Palaven-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby -Palaven- » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:38 am

Dragoria wrote:Are there gay aliens?

Hm?

Homosexuality is not found in Turians, its why I initially tried to ask about it a lot, but my answers were short and few because of that weird person that was thread jacking.
Read my sig please!

ALMF
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby ALMF » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:41 am

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
ALMF wrote:According to the encyclopedia Romulan society has no gender roles whatever so approximately 1/2 relationships should be same sex.

Klingon society has similar structure.

cannon elements (DS9) suggest Klingon cature is rather chauvinistic.
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/The_House_of_Quark_(episode)
http://www.startrek.com/watch_episode/6UBN5jpeXXNH

Osterreichischen Faschistischen Republik
Envoy

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Osterreichischen Faschistischen Republik » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:42 am

Homosexuals simply should not be given the same rights.

-Palaven-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby -Palaven- » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:44 am

Osterreichischen Faschistischen Republik wrote:Homosexuals simply should not be given the same rights.

Why?

They are not harming anything, denying their rights and getting pissy about it only causes stagnation, pain, and waste of time.

I don't know what ideology you subscribe to, but its ineffective. ]:E
Last edited by -Palaven- on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read my sig please!

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Osterreichischen Faschistischen Republik » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:44 am

-Palaven- wrote:
Osterreichischen Faschistischen Republik wrote:Homosexuals simply should not be given the same rights.

Why?

They are not harming anything, denying their rights and getting pissy about it only causes stagnation, pain, and waste of time.

I don't know what ideology you subscribe to, but its ineffective for being the most optimal at a government position.

They are not part of the Neues Volk.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:44 am

There's no rational justification for discrimination.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

-Palaven-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby -Palaven- » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:45 am

Osterreichischen Faschistischen Republik wrote:
-Palaven- wrote:Why?

I don't know what ideology you subscribe to, but its ineffective for being the most optimal at a government position.

Neues Volk?

What are you on about?
Read my sig please!

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:45 am

Osterreichischen Faschistischen Republik wrote:
-Palaven- wrote:Why?

Der ficken?
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:46 am

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:I think this Arizona law, if it passes. Is gonna ask some interesting questions about discrimination law.

Among them the economic consequences of the law.

Because right now what I am seeing here is NOT the social issue of the law (I know in and of itself is wrong) but it will help lawmakers re-examine how their laws impact the economy of their states.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Osterreichischen Faschistischen Republik » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:46 am

-Palaven- wrote:
Osterreichischen Faschistischen Republik wrote:They are not part of the Neues Volk.

Neues Volk?

What are you on about?

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/top ... he-new-man

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General