NATION

PASSWORD

Is immigration positive or negative to the EU?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torvalyn
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Torvalyn » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Positive: the media sensationalizing of 'benefit tourism' and the like is a load of rubbish. Immigration is good for people, the economy and culture.
Frempa Torvalin!
News
Wiki
Government

Republic of Greater America
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Greater America » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:00 pm

As long as the immigrants are skilled, hard working, pay taxes, and don't commit crime or go on welfare. College educated immigrants should especially be welcomed.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:Immigration from Conservative religious nations is a good thing since it brings positive values to the EU, and refreshes Europe with good new ideas.

Conservative ideas aren't new ideas.
Last edited by Othelos on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrehonryn
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrehonryn » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:02 pm

It is good and bad.

Good side: You get more workers: ect more production in work.

Bad side: Your citizens jobs get taken over by low paid immigrants, who makes the citizens a bit annoyed and they start protesting.

Neutral side: You make it so immigrants can't take over a citizens job but they can work with them. Making everyone happy and all the racist craps can be kicked out of their country.

Empire of Narnia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Narnia » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:09 pm

Othelos wrote:
Empire of Narnia wrote:Immigration from Conservative religious nations is a good thing since it brings positive values to the EU, and refreshes Europe with good new ideas.

Conservative ideas aren't new ideas.

Conservative Islamic ideas are new to Europe for example the ideas of Sharia law which Europe has never enacted before. Apparently Europe is getting many new immigrants from conservative Muslim countries, and they bring good values to the continent as well as new ideas about how to run a government and courts.

72o
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby 72o » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:14 pm

The problem is the type of immigrants europe gets. The uneducated muslim immigrants are an economic burden. On top of that they bring backward cultures, often don't accept western values and tend to form parallel societies. They don't integrate very well.

Nova_Ravenna
Envoy

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova_Ravenna » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:14 pm

Negative, the continued introduction of non-white immigrants will lead to the eventual extinction of the white race in their home continent of Europe.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:15 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:
Othelos wrote:Conservative ideas aren't new ideas.

Conservative Islamic ideas are new to Europe for example the ideas of Sharia law which Europe has never enacted before. Apparently Europe is getting many new immigrants from conservative Muslim countries, and they bring good values to the continent as well as new ideas about how to run a government and courts.

You think bringing the idea of Sharia Law to Europe is a good thing? :eyebrow:

Aren't you Christian?

And explain how Muslim ideals are good values.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Nova_Ravenna wrote:Negative, the continued introduction of non-white immigrants will lead to the eventual extinction of the white race in their home continent of Europe.

White people are eventually going to disappear anyway.

Nova_Ravenna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova_Ravenna » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:19 pm

Othelos wrote:
Nova_Ravenna wrote:Negative, the continued introduction of non-white immigrants will lead to the eventual extinction of the white race in their home continent of Europe.

White people are eventually going to disappear anyway.

They will if the current course is upheld, but that itself is not an excuse for genocide.

Edlichbury
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Edlichbury » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:21 pm

It was going to happen anyways: fertility rates in the western world are too low to sustain themselves through births alone.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:23 pm

Nova_Ravenna wrote:
Othelos wrote:White people are eventually going to disappear anyway.

They will if the current course is upheld, but that itself is not an excuse for genocide.

Whoa, explain how you're jumping from immigration to genocide.

Edlichbury
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Edlichbury » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:28 pm

Nova_Ravenna wrote:

You have no understanding of genocide.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:31 pm

This is why I am racist.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Nova_Ravenna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova_Ravenna » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Edlichbury wrote:
Nova_Ravenna wrote:

You have no understanding of genocide.

No, it is you who is clueless about genocide.

Luveria
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:36 pm

It's more positive than negative.

Edlichbury
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Edlichbury » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:36 pm

Nova_Ravenna wrote:
Edlichbury wrote:You have no understanding of genocide.

The mingling of whites and non-whites in entirely voluntary manners resulting in offspring that are not perfectly white does not constitute genocide.

Nova_Ravenna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova_Ravenna » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:37 pm

Edlichbury wrote:
Nova_Ravenna wrote:

The mingling of whites and non-whites in entirely voluntary manners resulting in offspring that are not perfectly white does not constitute genocide.

Forced racial integration where someone who opposes mixed race marriages is socially ostracized as a racist does constitute genocide.

Volantyz
Envoy

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Volantyz » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:38 pm

Mostly negative. Once upon a time, people came here escaping from tyranny. These days too many immigrants are mad mullahs who leave tyrannous states not to escape tyranny, but to build tyranny over here.

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:40 pm

From an economic point of view, it's mostly positive. From a cultural point of view, not at all.

This nation does not reflect my RL views.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:I'm only saying that, well, even commies have reached the level of selling counterfeit and drugs in their storefronts, we can't be any less.

The Holy Therns wrote:Politicians make statements. It's their substitute for achievement.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:40 pm

Saiwania wrote:

This is why I am racist.

Because somehow having light skin is a quality too special and ethereal to exist forever?

Nova_Ravenna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova_Ravenna » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:41 pm

Othelos wrote:
Saiwania wrote:
This is why I am racist.

Because somehow having light skin is a quality too special and ethereal to exist forever?

There is more to race than skin color.

Edlichbury
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Edlichbury » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:41 pm

Nova_Ravenna wrote:
Edlichbury wrote:The mingling of whites and non-whites in entirely voluntary manners resulting in offspring that are not perfectly white does not constitute genocide.

Forced racial integration where someone who opposes mixed race marriages is socially ostracized as a racist does constitute genocide.

There is no force. You don't like mixed-race marriages. You are under no obligation to have one yourself. No one is under any obligation to have a mixed-race marriage. Your belief that mixed-race marriages are bad is in fact racism; your belief that this is forcing racial integration is false.

Unless you can present actual evidence that "whites" are being compelled by the government into mixed-race marriages you have no argument. Even if you could, that still is not genocide. I'd suggest you learn definitions before deciding to broadcast your lamentable ignorance.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:41 pm

Othelos wrote:Because somehow having light skin is a quality too special and ethereal to exist forever?

I'm not going to let my beloved Whites disappear if I can help it.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Camelza
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Camelza » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:42 pm

Immigration is a blessing to any nation, if said nation knows how to use it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General