NATION

PASSWORD

Facebook allows nonbinary gender identities

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Seaxeland
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Seaxeland » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:58 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Seaxeland wrote:
Bullshit. I was falsely accused of trolling/baiting/flaming on several occasions, without them even bothering to let me explain that what I said was my viewpoint, leading to bans from the forum and finally a deletion. The Mods are biased towards the Left and Far-Left.

It doesn't matter if its your viewpoint. You can still be banned for trolling. Otherwise trolls would do exactly like you just did, and attempt to hide behind the "BUT ITS MY OPINION" line.

Also, right and far right trolls have a history of taking longer to be banned than left and far left trolls. Therefore, mods are biased towards the right and far right.

But I WASN'T trolling, that's my whole point. And just because some trolls are smart enough to not get caught so easily, doesn't mean the Mods look over them.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:58 pm

Seaxeland wrote:
Othelos wrote:
Sex =/= gender.

What a ridiculous thing to say. There is no difference between the two.

Yes, there are.

By your non-logic:

-There can only be 26 English words, as there are 26 English letters.
-There are only seven possible songs, as there are 7 notes
-There can only be three colors, as those are the only primary colors
-There are exactly 10 different numbers, because there are ten digits.
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:58 pm

The Time Alliance wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Nope, there's more than two.

Also, the mods are biased, but TOWARDS conservatives, not against. If you as a conservative get banned/deleted for trolling/flaming/baiting, then its probably because you have been.

That's a Load of bull.....

No its not. Again, right trolls get banned less often than left trolls. The reason they do that is so they can appear to be non-biased, and to be able to honestly deny the "mods are biased against the right" line.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:59 pm

The Time Alliance wrote:
Othelos wrote:If you didn't have a problem with LGBT people, that wouldn't have happened.

Exactly....If your against the left you have a higher chance of Mods banning you. Thanks for helping his point.

Okay, wow. So if someone is reprimanded for demeaning LGBT people, that's suddenly leftist?

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:00 pm

Can we not get into the wo gets banned more debate, it has nothing to do with this thread.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

The Time Alliance
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Time Alliance » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:00 pm

Othelos wrote:
The Time Alliance wrote:Exactly....If your against the left you have a higher chance of Mods banning you. Thanks for helping his point.

Okay, wow. So if someone is reprimanded for demeaning LGBT people, that's suddenly leftist?

No..It can be Centrist....But most of the time it is Leftist.....I don't see the right fighting for Gay right's.

The thing is I want to know EXACTY WHY he got banned. I WANT a Quote from the guy to see the exact reason he was banned.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:00 pm

Seaxeland wrote:
Othelos wrote:If you didn't have a problem with LGBT people, that wouldn't have happened.

I'm sorry if I don't think like the Social Anarchist hivemind, but last I checked, said hivemind believes in Freedom of Speech, doesn't it? Rights? Fairness? Equality? The latter two sound grand, and yet, they seem to be absent. I'm sorry if you don't like my views, I'm sorry if you're offended by them. I'm not out to piss people off or make enemies, I'm out to share my opinion, as the law allows me to. If you have a problem with that, then you have a problem with the law.

Except you're on a website with specific rules. You have to follow those rules to be on the website.

If you have a problem with that, don't go on this website.

Wytenigistan
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Wytenigistan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:00 pm

A lot of them seem pointless dublicates of other options. cis female, cisgender female...I mean really.
Union busting is anti-capitalist, unpatriotic and self-destructive.
The Honker Banditess
Your mom's ***** was kosovo last night, just ask her how much iraq.
Right: 2.89
Libertarian: 5.23
Non-interventionist: 5.93
Cultural liberal: 3.22
United Timelines Outpost Number 99999999 wrote:When the Landfill comes to town, old people congeal to their rocking chairs and branch out like meat fungus.

Neoconstantius wrote:NSG: ad hoc ad hominem ad nauseum

Estado Paulista wrote:You can never have too much Xanax.

Kebaballah!

Seaxeland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Seaxeland » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Death Metal wrote:
Seaxeland wrote:
What a ridiculous thing to say. There is no difference between the two.

Yes, there are.

By your non-logic:

Don't presume, it makes you look short-sighted.

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:01 pm

The concept of gender is an anachronism.

This is just a simple step towards its abolition.
"You know what I was. You see what I am. Change me, change me!" - Randall Jarrell.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:01 pm

The Time Alliance wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
It doesn't matter if its your viewpoint. You can still be banned for trolling. Otherwise trolls would do exactly like you just did, and attempt to hide behind the "BUT ITS MY OPINION" line.

Also, right and far right trolls have a history of taking longer to be banned than left and far left trolls. Therefore, mods are biased towards the right and far right.

Why is Hammer and Sickle not banned(Not that I'm upset about that)? But Swastika(Which is a symbol of Peace) Is? Left is favored.

Because the Swastika has been used as an explicit symbol of genocide, and you have to ban it altogether to keep nazi trolls from using the "I was using the symbol of peace version" line.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Big Brain City
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 09, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Big Brain City » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Shamhnan Insir wrote:I never realized there were 53 gender identities?
But yay progress!

What happened to the other 51? Were they deleted centuries ago?
Anyways, wow. I'm awed. This doesn't affect my fragged identity, unless "Sometimes 4% female" is a gender there, and if I even got a Facebook account.
THE STATE OF BIG BRAIN CITY
EXITUS ACTA PROBAT

The Big Brain wrote:Freedom? People are fools and unworthy of much freedom. Even I am a fool. Many people have recognized that and want me to suffer for it.
Unfortunately for them, I can glass their planets.

Seaxeland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Seaxeland » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Othelos wrote:
Seaxeland wrote:
I'm sorry if I don't think like the Social Anarchist hivemind, but last I checked, said hivemind believes in Freedom of Speech, doesn't it? Rights? Fairness? Equality? The latter two sound grand, and yet, they seem to be absent. I'm sorry if you don't like my views, I'm sorry if you're offended by them. I'm not out to piss people off or make enemies, I'm out to share my opinion, as the law allows me to. If you have a problem with that, then you have a problem with the law.

Except you're on a website with specific rules. You have to follow those rules to be on the website.

I've never broken any of the rules of this site. I was singled out by the bias overlords of said site because I think differently than them. There's a reason why most Rightists avoid NSG.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:02 pm

The Time Alliance wrote:
Othelos wrote:Okay, wow. So if someone is reprimanded for demeaning LGBT people, that's suddenly leftist?

No..It can be Centrist....But most of the time it is Leftist.....I don't see the right fighting for Gay right's.

Gay people are people. You can be a right winger and opposed to flaming/demeaning/etc. any kind of people.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:03 pm

Srboslavija wrote:
Death Metal wrote:
False. There are three sexes, and from them, an infinite number of possible genders.

Only limited by your imaginations? That's cute.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/personal-incredulity
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:03 pm

Seaxeland wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

But I WASN'T trolling, that's my whole point. And just because some trolls are smart enough to not get caught so easily, doesn't mean the Mods look over them.

Poe's law comes into effect.

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:03 pm

Seaxeland wrote:
Othelos wrote:Except you're on a website with specific rules. You have to follow those rules to be on the website.

I've never broken any of the rules of this site. I was singled out by the bias overlords of said site because I think differently than them. There's a reason why most Rightists avoid NSG.

Do you have anything to say about the topic and people opposing you or just ranting about the mods?
speed weed ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:03 pm

Seaxeland wrote:
Othelos wrote:Except you're on a website with specific rules. You have to follow those rules to be on the website.

Maybe that's a sign of a deeper problem than 'the mods are biased'.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:03 pm

Seaxeland wrote:

Sorry, but there are a lot of conservatives and fascists here. Enough to convince me you're making shit up out of persecution complex.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:04 pm

Wytenigistan wrote:A lot of them seem pointless dublicates of other options. cis female, cisgender female...I mean really.

See my earlier poboy/sub sandwich comparison for why the duplication isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Seaxeland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Seaxeland » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:06 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Seaxeland wrote:

Sorry, but there are a lot of conservatives and fascists here. Enough to convince me you're making shit up out of persecution complex.

Bull frickin' horseshit.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:06 pm

Seaxeland wrote:

You rightists and your persecution complexes. :roll:

Seriously, you CAN (and many rightists DO) express your opinions within the rules.

The Joseon Dynasty
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Joseon Dynasty » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:07 pm

Srboslavija wrote:Had a squizz at ye olde' HuffPost user comments, apparently the new additions are not good enough.

Better but still kinda cissexist & binarist, insofar as it still has male and female as "default" genders and anything else is a deviation from that. And also cis/trans* status has been tagged onto gender rather than being put as a separate field (which is problematic because whether you're cis or trans* doesn't actually effect your gender or the way in which you are that gender, it's a socially constructed relationship between your gender and your assigned sex). And you still have to pick your gender from a list ANYWAY, it's just a bigger list (which is problematic because gender being defined by the individual, it's impossible to have an exhaustive list of all possible genders)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/13/facebook-gender_n_4782477.html

One day Facebook will have a continuous linear mapping from the uncountable set of genders to an n-dimensional vector of gender identity. What a time to be a mathematics student!
  • No, I'm not Korean. I'm British and as white as the Queen's buttocks.
  • Bio: I'm a PhD student in Statistics. Interested in all sorts of things. Currently getting into statistical signal processing for brain imaging. Currently co-authoring a paper on labour market dynamics, hopefully branching off into a test of the Markov property for labour market transition rates.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:07 pm

Seaxeland wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

Bull frickin' horseshit.

Right back atcha, sweetie.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:08 pm

Seaxeland wrote:
Death Metal wrote:
Yes, there are.

By your non-logic:

Don't presume, it makes you look short-sighted.

I am using examples of your statement applied to other facets of life to show you how fallacious your assertion is.

That's not presumption, that's demonstrating how astronomically wrong the "Sex = Gender" argument is.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General