NATION

PASSWORD

Is Kosovo part of Serbia?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bolkania
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolkania » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:41 am

Ereria wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:A) Irrelevant to the topic at hand.
B) Good luck with that. I'm sure the rest of the world wouldn't do a damn thing.

Now as to the topic at hand, no it isn't de facto. De jure it ought not to as well.

Of course the rest of the world wouldn't do anything, who cares about Serbs :rofl:

Oh, as if your nation has not already killed enough Balkanars?

Turkey has been the sole cause to most problems in the Balkans, and the last time you tried to crush an ethnic group, the Russians took your capital.

Bolkania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolkania » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:47 am

Bulgar Rouge wrote:I don't care, to be honest. But for one I am deeply convinced it should not exist at all. It's a safe haven for the Albanian mafia and all kinds of filth, and there are no prospects of it changing in the next 50 years. Disband it, depopulate it and move the population to whatever country supports its independence. Turn the territory into a biosphere reserve.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :clap:

Kosovo is a country living on handouts from the west, most notably America, as well as it's security. It relies on Bulgaria for most of it's energy, and couldn't last one minute without any help from foreign governments. There have been rumours (Not sure if it is true) that during the war, the UÇK killed Serbs, and sold their internal organs in neighbouring Albania.

The fact is whether you like it or not (I don't like it), Kosovo is independent. The question is if it will stay like this, say 100 years from now? It is state living beyond it's needs and really has only one friendly neighbour, Albania. The Serbs, Macedonians, and Crna Gora (Montenegro) who are on good terms with Beograd wouldn't blink twice if they had the choice to invade Kosovo without any forcing intervention.
Last edited by Bolkania on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:55 am

No.

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:07 am

Rightfully, not just Kosovo, but all of Serbia should be part of Albania, complete with the population's conversion to islam and adoption of the Albanian language.

Finally, there shall be the peace that'd previously been impossible to achieve.

Lipnitia
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lipnitia » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:09 am

YES. :)
ЖЖЖ Wiki ЖЖ Factbook ЖЖ Esquarium ЖЖ Embassies ЖЖ Anthem ЖЖ Website ЖЖЖ
FOR: Cats, Bacon, Cats (again), Heavy Metal, Classic Rock, '80s music, Bears
AGAINST: Trolls, Flamers, Today's music
Brillnuck wrote:A more Western Belarus.
Fortitudinem wrote:Garish color themes of candycorn.

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:20 am

Nazis in Space wrote:Rightfully, not just Kosovo, but all of Serbia should be part of Albania, complete with the population's conversion to islam and adoption of the Albanian language.

Finally, there shall be the peace that'd previously been impossible to achieve.

Nonsense. Serbia is rightfully part of Greater Vojvodina.
Kosovo is Morrowind. N'wah.
Impeach Dagoth Ur, legalise Daedra worship, the Empire is theft. Nerevarine 3E 427.

Pros: Dunmeri independence, abolition of the Empire, the Daedra, Morag Tong, House Redoran, Ashlander interests, abolitionism, Dissident Priests, canonisation of St. Jiub the Cliff Racer Slayer.
Cons: Imperials, the Empire, the False Tribunal, Dagoth Ur, House Hlaalu, Imperials, the Eight Divines, "Talos", "Nords", Imperial unionism, Imperials.

I am a: Social Democrat | Bright green | Republican | Intersectional feminist | Civic nationalist | Multiculturalist
(and i blatantly stole this from Old Tyrannia)

Unavailable
Attaché

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unavailable » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:20 am

Bolkania wrote:
Bulgar Rouge wrote:I don't care, to be honest. But for one I am deeply convinced it should not exist at all. It's a safe haven for the Albanian mafia and all kinds of filth, and there are no prospects of it changing in the next 50 years. Disband it, depopulate it and move the population to whatever country supports its independence. Turn the territory into a biosphere reserve.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :clap:

Kosovo is a country living on handouts from the west, most notably America, as well as it's security. It relies on Bulgaria for most of it's energy, and couldn't last one minute without any help from foreign governments. There have been rumours (Not sure if it is true) that during the war, the UÇK killed Serbs, and sold their internal organs in neighbouring Albania.

The fact is whether you like it or not (I don't like it), Kosovo is independent. The question is if it will stay like this, say 100 years from now? It is state living beyond it's needs and really has only one friendly neighbour, Albania. The Serbs, Macedonians, and Crna Gora (Montenegro) who are on good terms with Beograd wouldn't blink twice if they had the choice to invade Kosovo without any forcing intervention.

It most definitely will not stay independent. The second their supporters from the west either get into some trouble or something else disturbes the balance in the World, Kosovo will be liberated by Serbia.

As for Kosovo having mostly Albanians, that is a biproduct of several centuries of ethnic cleansing. First by Albanians while the Ottomans were in power, then by Albanians in the first World war, then by Albanians as NAZI allies, then by Tito's communist regime, and last but not least, by Albanians supported by NATO.

Btw, they didn't sell organs during the NATO bombing, they did that afterwards with full support and cooperation of KFOR. They also made another ethnic cleansing in '04 when they had their own crystal nacht.

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:25 am

Serbs bitching about ethnic cleansing is like the Marquis de Sade complaining about the immorality of the Playboy.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:26 am

Rio Cana wrote:They needed to divide Kosovo via ethnic lines. So if they divided it by ethnic lines we would get this. It would prevent much internal fighting.

On this map only the northern red part could be separated and given to Serbia since they border that nation. That other red area borders Macedonia so it cannot really join Serbia.

(Image)

Maybe an international effort to relocate them?

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:28 am

Nazis in Space wrote:Serbs bitching about ethnic cleansing is like the Marquis de Sade complaining about the immorality of the Playboy.

Actually, it's more like Hitler complaining about the Jewish ethnic cleansing of Germans during WW2 - such an event never happened.
Last edited by Arglorand on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impeach Dagoth Ur, legalise Daedra worship, the Empire is theft. Nerevarine 3E 427.

Pros: Dunmeri independence, abolition of the Empire, the Daedra, Morag Tong, House Redoran, Ashlander interests, abolitionism, Dissident Priests, canonisation of St. Jiub the Cliff Racer Slayer.
Cons: Imperials, the Empire, the False Tribunal, Dagoth Ur, House Hlaalu, Imperials, the Eight Divines, "Talos", "Nords", Imperial unionism, Imperials.

I am a: Social Democrat | Bright green | Republican | Intersectional feminist | Civic nationalist | Multiculturalist

Vozt Yurkova
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vozt Yurkova » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:29 am

Why is NS obsessed with Kosovo lately?
'z' before a vowel = zh
'z' before a consonant = sh

Bolkania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolkania » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:39 am

Nazis in Space wrote:Serbs bitching about ethnic cleansing is like the Marquis de Sade complaining about the immorality of the Playboy.

Seriously? Are you saying that right now, if the Albania leadership in Pristina were to kill all the innocent Serbs (Would really haven't then anything, only those like Ratko Mladić and so on have done something worthy of punishment) in the north of the country, where most of the Serbs live, the Serbs wouldn't have the right to cry help?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... osovo.html

This men, women, and children, would had no power on what Milošević did are terrified for their well being, were forced more or less to move back to places like Voivodina because they were afraid for their lives. Atrocities happened on both side, the Albanians are no better, even if that, worse. Inessence, what we have is Europe's Israel, except it is weak and feeble, and no way near as successful as Israel was and is. The Albanian immigrants moved there, and had a bigger children multiplier then the Serbs. They got pushed out, and when they decided to fight back for their land, (bearing in mind Kosovo really was always Serbs and plays an important role in Serbian history), NATO spread it's evil, explosive tentacles around Serbia, killing civilians, traumatising a generation, and ruining the states for decades to come.

Bolkania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolkania » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:39 am

Vozt Yurkova wrote:Why is NS obsessed with Kosovo lately?

It's a controversial topic, and is an interesting debate.

EUstan
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby EUstan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:57 am

Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro wrote:Something I dislike in special about the international policy of the Lula and Dilma governments are the way they almost say Serbia has an inherent right to Kosovo.

We will gain more from Camba independence (eastern flat Bolivia) than we would lose with Rio Grande do Sul independence, that is the most laughable one of all independence movements worldwide (O Sul É O Meu País, República Paulista and O Rio É O Meu País would not be serious business even if the first man on Mars supported it) anyway, so we aren't any like Spain to worry.

Actually, we should recognize an unilateral Camba as soon as one could, to make them sure again being pro-Brazilian is good, and to tell other South American countries who feel so much in their own shoes like Paraguay and Evo's pet project itself who's boss.

She is not recognising Kosovo because she thinks it is a American product.

Off-topic.
I have to say to you that I was two days ago in the local Brasilian embassy and watched a film on the cost of the Brazilian tax payers money. :p

EUstan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby EUstan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:59 am

Bolkania wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:Do you have any knowledge whatsoever of what took place in former yugoslavia during the 1990s?

Yugoslavia can happen, just not now or at least not on that scale. The idea of Pan-Slavism is great, but inter-ethnic rivalry destroyed the state.

Maybe but without Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro.

Vinolici
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vinolici » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:02 am

Kosovo is part of Serbia it always has been

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:04 am

EUstan wrote:
Bolkania wrote:
Yugoslavia can happen, just not now or at least not on that scale. The idea of Pan-Slavism is great, but inter-ethnic rivalry destroyed the state.

Maybe but without Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro.

Basically, Neo-Yugoslavia can be composed of Serbia and Macedonia.

EUstan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby EUstan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:06 am

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro wrote:I truly couldn't give a fuck if people made mixed Brazilian-Hispanic countries all along our border. This is even dumber.

Union of Albania and Kosovo = against the interests of both Serbia and one of its most important allies, Macedonia, that would maybe get vanished in another civil war.

Remember, the northern quarter of Kosovo is mostly Serbian. That's where we make the split. The Albanians have been known to harass Serbs within Kosovo and historically, the opposite has also been true with Serbs harassing Albanians. Maybe the only safe way to avoid future issues is for Kosovo to be in the EU.

If you use Northern Kosovo than give also the part of Serbia that is inhabit by Albanians (Preševo Valley) to Kosovo?

Dangelia
Senator

Founded: Jul 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:06 am

No. No. No. And no. Kosovo is an independent state!

EUstan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby EUstan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:07 am

Arglorand wrote:
EUstan wrote:Maybe but without Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro.

Basically, Neo-Yugoslavia can be composed of Serbia and Macedonia.

Maybe also Bulgaria and even Romania (although they are not Slavs). But you must be aware that such country would be an economic hellhole.

What makes thoose country in common is the antagonism toward Kosovo and anti-Europeanism.
Last edited by EUstan on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dangelia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:08 am

Vozt Yurkova wrote:Why is NS obsessed with Kosovo lately?

I don't know, but I might have a reason for causing that interest.

Nomadic sister of shawnas north africa
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 05, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nomadic sister of shawnas north africa » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:08 am

Kosovo needs fully independence like Nubia does from upper masr ( Egypt ) you see there was so much genocide in Sudan north dinka and other darkness tribes where placed with a newly national south Sudan away from north janjawee Arab raiders control? Touareg Mali Sahelian desert north news independent Aswazad from southern and central malinese government, the Warriors of touareg won't truth independence nomads are the northern inhabitants Of malinese north - Niger - chad - Burkina Faso - northern hausaland tribes Nigeria. Kosovo needs independence.
مصرية الطفل مرحبا NUbian misri, Mediterranean an Nubiiea Sudanese / Aegyptos cooking, Masira children of the dessert SUN. Koranic school ♥ Rashda my baby son ♥ Ghawazee gypsys♥ Nubian Pharaoh an Nefertiti theben Queen, Aswan governance pro Ãfrika Arab people an tribal Tribeca ♥ Sudan - êgypt - Libya - Delta Nile - peacecore works Aegyptos, real Egypto African Asiatic - semantics kush Kemta sistas. Religious Islamic sunni Aegyptos, GalliBaya dressing, Islam cover face Shawhi wearing girls, ♥ mother love, sister friends ♥ Hausan touareg Nigerian father, Nubian ègyptïan mother, Saudi Arabia Jaddah ( touareg) (Grandmother ) Abu simbel Grandpa southern Aegyptos. Tahrir square Cairo, isis aswan resorts as^wan Egypt. Khartoum Sudan, ♥ swimming pools an Bellydance Ghawazee sistas ♥

Dangelia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:09 am

EUstan wrote:
Arglorand wrote:Basically, Neo-Yugoslavia can be composed of Serbia and Macedonia.

Maybe also Bulgaria and even Romania (although they are not Slavs). But you must be aware that such country would be an economic hellhole.

What makes thoose country in common is the antagonism toward Kosovo and anti-Europeanism.

Those countries are slav.

Vinolici
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vinolici » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:13 am

If you guys say that Kosovo should become independent do to the high Albanian population that entered Kosovo....well in that sense shouldn't a bunch of states from the US become independent as well? due to the high Hispanic population? i mean its only fair if one thinks like that

EUstan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby EUstan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:18 am

Port-du-sud wrote:The Kosovo is a part of Serbia according to international law. Resolution 1244

http://www.securitycouncilreport.org/at ... 201244.pdf

Really, when will you stop with this strawmans. According to this resolution Kosovo was an entity with statehood part of Yugoslavia, a state that ended in 2003 and dissoulted in 2006.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General