NATION

PASSWORD

Is Kosovo part of Serbia?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kadolha
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kadolha » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:11 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:
Kadolha wrote:NOPE. Kosovo is Serbia.

Why?

We have Kosovo, about 1000 years as a part of Serbia. Kosovo is a historic province were the Serbs fought against the Turks. Plus, there are more Serbs in it. Kosovo is Serbia.
dead signature

Corumm
Envoy

Founded: May 11, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Corumm » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:12 pm

The serbian majority north should be, the rest is not.

Neoconstantius
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:13 pm

This thread is just so ridiculous...
Regnum Dominae wrote:
Kadolha wrote:(Also, yes, Kosovo is Serbia. Serbia is Serbia. Kosovo is forever Serbia)

And I'm off, going to watch some youtube videos.

What makes Kosovo part of Serbia, aside from irredentism that has absolutely no relevance?

It's not really irredentism, seeing as Kosovo has been a unit of the Serbian state since the 13th century and is still widely regarded as such.
Last edited by Neoconstantius on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO ILLINI
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Kadolha wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Kosovo is independent.

NOPE. Kosovo is Serbia.

No, Kosovo is not part of Serbia. Kosovo is independent. It has been that way for more than a decade. That is a fact, there is no denying it.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:14 pm

Kadolha wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:Why?

We have Kosovo, about 1000 years as a part of Serbia. Kosovo is a historic province were the Serbs fought against the Turks. Plus, there are more Serbs in it. Kosovo is Serbia.

No, there aren't.
Last edited by Regnum Dominae on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:15 pm

Kadolha wrote:

No, that is fucking wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Kosovo#Ethnic_groups

92% of Kosovars are Albanian.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Petrovia-
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrovia- » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:15 pm

Until the Government of Serbia recognizes Kosovo's independence, which it has no legitimate basis for except ethnic nationalism, then it will always be a part of Serbia.
Male, Russian, Heterosexual, Orthodox Christian, Capitalist, Liberal(with slightly Conservative leanings)

IMPEACH CHARLES XII - LEGALIZE MODERNIZATION - ISOLATION IS THEFT - PETER THE GREAT 1682

R.I.P. Petrovsegratsk - Unjustly, unfairly, and cruelly deleted Septemeber 29th, 2013 - Add 1327 to Post Count

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:15 pm

Kadolha wrote:

We have Kosovo, about 1000 years as a part of Serbia.

For most of history, Europe was devoid of humans. Clearly everyone should leave - no wait, thy argument is terrible. Things change - live with it.
Kadolha wrote:Kosovo is a historic province were the Serbs fought against the Turks. Plus, there are more Serbs in it. Kosovo is Serbia.

Not true.
Last edited by Conscentia on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:16 pm

Petrovia- wrote:Until the Government of Serbia recognizes Kosovo's independence, which it has no legitimate basis for except ethnic nationalism, then it will always be a part of Serbia.

109 of the world's 193 nations have recognized Kosovo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... _of_Kosovo

Serbia is not the be-all and end-all here.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Omorov-Nier
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Omorov-Nier » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:18 pm

Kadolha wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:I don't think you do, otherwise you would not have claimed that Russia has a blue water navy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-water_navy

(also, no, Kosovo is Kosovo. Serbia is Serbia. Kosovo is not Serbia.)

(Also, yes, Kosovo is Serbia. Serbia is Serbia. Kosovo is forever Serbia)

And I'm off, going to watch some youtube videos.

lel of course all of balkans is serbia amirite?
Economic Left/Right: 1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.08

My country is part of the NATO, which means it relies on the US military while being morally superior.

Je suis indifférent

Kadolha
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kadolha » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:19 pm

Petrovia- wrote:Until the Government of Serbia recognizes Kosovo's independence, which it has no legitimate basis for except ethnic nationalism, then it will always be a part of Serbia.

We will never say that Kosovo is independent. KOSOVO IS SERBIA FOREVER! And I don't care if there are more Albanians, cause KOSOVO WILL BE SERBIA FOR ALL TIME!
dead signature

Petrovia-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrovia- » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:19 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:

109 of the world's 193 nations have recognized Kosovo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... _of_Kosovo

As the rightful ruler of the land since before the Ottoman incursion into the Balkans, it damn well has more of a say on Kosovo's independence than the rest of the world.
Male, Russian, Heterosexual, Orthodox Christian, Capitalist, Liberal(with slightly Conservative leanings)

IMPEACH CHARLES XII - LEGALIZE MODERNIZATION - ISOLATION IS THEFT - PETER THE GREAT 1682

R.I.P. Petrovsegratsk - Unjustly, unfairly, and cruelly deleted Septemeber 29th, 2013 - Add 1327 to Post Count

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:19 pm

You apart from the fact Kosovo is largely running itself these days, and is recognised by 107 out of 193 UN members. Serbia's opinion has no legit basis.
Last edited by Conscentia on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:20 pm

Kadolha wrote:

We will never say that Kosovo is independent. (1) KOSOVO IS SERBIA FOREVER! And I don't care if there are more Albanians, cause (2) KOSOVO WILL BE SERBIA FOR ALL TIME!

1) Why?
2) That's demonstrably false.

Moroada
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Moroada » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:20 pm

Kosovo is an independent nation. The Serbians just need to accept that whether they like it or not.

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:21 pm

Petrovia- wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:109 of the world's 193 nations have recognized Kosovo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... _of_Kosovo

As the rightful ruler of the land since before the Ottoman incursion into the Balkans, it damn well has more of a say on Kosovo's independence than the rest of the world.

Claiming a territory one no longer controls is meaningless.

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:22 pm

Kadolha wrote:

We will never say that Kosovo is independent. KOSOVO IS SERBIA FOREVER! And I don't care if there are more Albanians, cause KOSOVO WILL BE SERBIA FOR ALL TIME!

I can guarantee Serbia won't even exist for all time.

Petrovia-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrovia- » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:22 pm

Conscentia wrote:

You apart from the fact Kosovo is largely running itself these days, and is recognised by 107 out of 193 UN members. Serbia's opinion has no legit basis.

Okay, so, if Mexicans become the majority in Texas, and then secede from the US, and then have most of the world recognize the newly independent Texas, even if the US does not, that means the US will just have to sit and deal with it, right?

No. That's not how it works.

Rosenfeld
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rosenfeld » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:23 pm

Kosovo is Uruguay.

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:24 pm

Petrovia- wrote:
Conscentia wrote:You apart from the fact Kosovo is largely running itself these days, and is recognised by 107 out of 193 UN members. Serbia's opinion has no legit basis.

Okay, so, if Mexicans become the majority in Texas, and then secede from the US, and then have most of the world recognize the newly independent Texas, even if the US does not, that means the US will just have to sit and deal with it, right?

That's exactly how it works, provided in this example that the US no longer administrates the newly seceded Mexican Texas. Again, Claiming a territory one no longer controls is meaningless.
Last edited by Conscentia on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:24 pm

North Kosovo is Serbia. The people there want to be Serbian and no amount of whining by Albanian nationalists will change that.

As for the rest of Kosovo... :meh:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Neoconstantius
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:25 pm

So I think we've heard enough "Kosovo is Serbia!!!1!one!" for a while. What, in your opinion, are the primary arguments/justifications for Kosovar independence?
GO ILLINI
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:26 pm

Kadolha wrote:

No. The Kosovars don't want to be part of Serbia anymore. So Kosobo is no longer part of Serbia.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Bolkania
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolkania » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:27 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Petrovia- wrote:Okay, so, if Mexicans become the majority in Texas, and then secede from the US, and then have most of the world recognize the newly independent Texas, even if the US does not, that means the US will just have to sit and deal with it, right?

That's exactly how it works, provided in this example that the US no longer administrates the newly seceded Mexican Texas. Again, Claiming a territory one no longer controls is meaningless.

America has proven throughout to be a hypocrite. Bombs the shit out of our western brothers in Beograd and other Serb cities, and did they do jack shit when Rwanda went ape shit? I think not. If the hypothetical situation Petrov constructed happened, Amercia would not let Texas go.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General