NATION

PASSWORD

Is Kosovo part of Serbia?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neoconstantius
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:29 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Kadolha wrote:We will never say that Kosovo is independent. KOSOVO IS SERBIA FOREVER! And I don't care if there are more Albanians, cause KOSOVO WILL BE SERBIA FOR ALL TIME!

No. The Kosovars don't want to be part of Serbia anymore. So Kosobo is no longer part of Serbia.

So, whenever a majority of people in a subnational region don't want to be part of a state anymore, they just don't have to be? That's absurd, frankly.
GO ILLINI
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

Bolkania
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolkania » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:30 pm

Kadolha wrote:
Petrovia- wrote:Until the Government of Serbia recognizes Kosovo's independence, which it has no legitimate basis for except ethnic nationalism, then it will always be a part of Serbia.

We will never say that Kosovo is independent. KOSOVO IS SERBIA FOREVER! And I don't care if there are more Albanians, cause KOSOVO WILL BE SERBIA FOR ALL TIME!

Come on, enough of the "Kosovo je Srbija" lines. At least push in a "Remove all signs of Kebab" somewhere there? ;)

Muzztopia
Minister

Founded: Oct 17, 2012
Libertarian Police State

Postby Muzztopia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:30 pm

Kosovo is independent

God Kefka
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby God Kefka » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:30 pm

The Democratic States of Khazakia wrote:I don't know if there's already a thread for this, or if it was locked by a mod. If so, :palm:.
I just want to hear everyone's opinion on this, and/or the other un-internationally recognized nations. It's not my intention to start some cyber-war or anything.
First of all, I fully support Kosovo, Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Nagorno-Karabakh, Somaliland, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic/Western Sahara, and Transnistria. What about you guys?

None of these countries should be allowed to commit treason against their respective governments by declaring independence...

Kosovo has always been an important Serbian city.
Art thread
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=261761

''WAIT?! Do I look like a waiter to you?''

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:31 pm

Neoconstantius wrote:This thread is just so ridiculous...

If you can count on anything, it's that Balkan political discussions will inevitably devolve into squabbles about 15th century warlords and the undying rights of one nationality or another to countries or territories the size of postage stamps.

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:32 pm

God Kefka wrote:
The Democratic States of Khazakia wrote:I don't know if there's already a thread for this, or if it was locked by a mod. If so, :palm:.
I just want to hear everyone's opinion on this, and/or the other un-internationally recognized nations. It's not my intention to start some cyber-war or anything.
First of all, I fully support Kosovo, Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Nagorno-Karabakh, Somaliland, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic/Western Sahara, and Transnistria. What about you guys?

None of these countries should be allowed to commit treason against their respective governments by declaring independence...

Kosovo is not a city.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Bolkania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolkania » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:33 pm

Avenio wrote:
Neoconstantius wrote:This thread is just so ridiculous...

If you can count on anything, it's that Balkan political discussions will inevitably devolve into squabbles about 15th century warlords and the undying rights of one nationality or another to countries or territories the size of postage stamps.

Lol. Balkans. The size of a tin can, but with more ethnicities than anywhere else on the continent. We would kill half the population fighting for scraps, and we're all to blind and arrogant to work together and focus on the bigger targets. :(

God Kefka
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby God Kefka » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:34 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:
God Kefka wrote:

Kosovo is not a city.

Hmmm... I guess not...
Art thread

Bolkania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolkania » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:34 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:
God Kefka wrote:

Kosovo is not a city.

Unless he means Pristina?

Neoconstantius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:40 pm

Guys, guys, I know how to fix the Balkans!

We have a LIVE! group dance competition between three teams: Team Byzantine, Team Ottoman, and Team Yugoslav. Whoever wins gets the Balkans. We can call it "Dancing With the Kosovars".

You heard it here first on NS, folks. See ya'll in Stockholm when I accept my Nobel Prize.
Last edited by Neoconstantius on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO ILLINI

God Kefka
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby God Kefka » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:41 pm

Neoconstantius wrote:Guys, guys, I know how to fix the Balkans!

We have a LIVE! group dance competition between three teams: Team Byzantine, Team Ottoman, and Team Yugoslavia. Whoever wins gets the Balkans. We'll call it "Dancing With the Kosovars".

You heard it here first on NS, folks. See ya'll in Stockholm when I accept my Nobel Prize.

We should consider re-instating the Austro-Hungarian Empire as a way to fix the problems in the Balkans... certainly it will make the region globally relevant again.
Art thread

Parhe
Powerbroker

Founded: May 10, 2011
Anarchy

Is Kosovo part of Serbia?

Postby Parhe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:42 pm

Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro wrote:
Rio Cana wrote:They needed to divide Kosovo via ethnic lines. So if they divided it by ethnic lines we would get this. It would prevent much internal fighting.

No. Playing along ethnicity is dangerous and nothing like the Balkans proved this.

Someone should slap any residual demonstration of ethnic pride and all these Serbian loyalties to Serbia against their own countries are good examples of such.

Wasn't not playing by ethnic and tribes part of the problem in Africa? Not to say it is the biggest or not, but it surely did not help.

Kadolha wrote:
Dasha Kovachevich wrote:Muslim Kosovo isn't for dang sure

I know your Albanian, so shut it.

You mean Albanian as in how most people in Kosovo are Albanian? Why should they shut it about who should be their government?

Bolkania wrote:
The North Polish Union wrote:Kosovo is not a city.

Unless he means Pristina?

That is like saying "South Korea is has always been an important of Korea". You cannot refer to a specific city by naming the country or region it is in.

Bolkania wrote:
Conscentia wrote:That's exactly how it works, provided in this example that the US no longer administrates the newly seceded Mexican Texas. Again, Claiming a territory one no longer controls is meaningless.

America has proven throughout to be a hypocrite. Bombs the shit out of our western brothers in Beograd and other Serb cities, and did they do jack shit when Rwanda went ape shit? I think not. If the hypothetical situation Petrov constructed happened, Amercia would not let Texas go.

As unlikely as your hypothetical is America in its current state would likely not peacefully let Texas go. Of course then it would possibly lead to some form of war and then the winner will probably decide the end result. Same as anywhere such as Kosovo. Serbia can accept it or continue claiming land it does not control which won't do anything but make Serbia look like a whinny child nation and reinforce already highly negative perceptions of Serbia in the world.
Hey, it is Parhe :D I am always open to telegrams.
I know it is a Work-In-Progress, but I would love it if y'all looked at my new factbook and gave me some feedback!

BRING BACK THE ICE CLIMBERS

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:44 pm

God Kefka wrote:
We have a LIVE! group dance competition between three teams: Team Byzantine, Team Ottoman, and Team Yugoslavia. Whoever wins gets the Balkans. We'll call it "Dancing With the Kosovars".

We should consider re-instating the Austro-Hungarian Empire as a way to fix the problems in the Balkans... certainly it will make the region globally relevant again.

The Austro-Hungarians didn't control most of the Balkans - we need to re-instate the Ottoman Empire.
Last edited by Conscentia on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God Kefka
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby God Kefka » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:45 pm

Conscentia wrote:
God Kefka wrote:We should consider re-instating the Austro-Hungarian Empire as a way to fix the problems in the Balkans... certainly it will make the region globally relevant again.

The Austro-Hungarians didn't control most of the Balkans - we need to re-instate the Ottoman Empire.

well if it brings back stability and order in the Middle East...
Art thread

Neoconstantius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:51 pm

Conscentia wrote:
God Kefka wrote:We should consider re-instating the Austro-Hungarian Empire as a way to fix the problems in the Balkans... certainly it will make the region globally relevant again.

Yeah, no...
GO ILLINI

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:01 pm

North Kosovo is a de facto part of Serbia. South Kosovo got its de facto independence through ethnic cleansing, destruction of property and mafia rule. If the "enlightened" recognizers think that's a good approach, they can feel free to recognize Kosovo.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

God Kefka
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby God Kefka » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:03 pm

Shofercia wrote:North Kosovo is a de facto part of Serbia. South Kosovo got its de facto independence through ethnic cleansing, destruction of property and mafia rule. If the "enlightened" recognizers think that's a good approach, they can feel free to recognize Kosovo.

it definitely should not have been recognized... Europe doesn't need more fragmentation... it's already on the decline (which is unfortunate)...
Art thread

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:04 pm

God Kefka wrote:
Shofercia wrote:North Kosovo is a de facto part of Serbia. South Kosovo got its de facto independence through ethnic cleansing, destruction of property and mafia rule. If the "enlightened" recognizers think that's a good approach, they can feel free to recognize Kosovo.

it definitely should not have been recognized... Europe doesn't need more fragmentation... it's already on the decline (which is unfortunate)...

Unfortunate for whom? Europe's loss, be it decline or Russia, is Asia's gain. It's a matter of perspective.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Dasha Kovachevich
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dasha Kovachevich » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:08 pm

Bolkania wrote:Lol. Balkans. The size of a tin can, but with more ethnicities than anywhere else on the continent. We would kill half the population fighting for scraps, and we're all to blind and arrogant to work together and focus on the bigger targets. :(

^NS needs to install a "like" button
About Me: 17, Female, H.S. *~*SENIOR*~*, Bosnian, Muslim, Moderate, Conservative
Puppets: Slovenya Slovinka

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:09 pm

Don't make it sound like Serbia's innocent while Kosovo is the bad guy.

Neoconstantius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:09 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Neoconstantius wrote:Yeah, no...

That wasn't a serious suggestion.

I couldn't tell but thanks for clarifying.
GO ILLINI

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:12 pm

Conscentia wrote:

Don't make it sound like Serbia's innocent while Kosovo is the bad guy.

Where did I say that Serbia was innocent? I simply stated facts from my perspective. You're welcome to state facts from yours. Then we can compare. It's how a debate works.

The Pan Slavian Union
Secretary

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pan Slavian Union » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:13 pm

Parhe wrote:Serbia can accept it or continue claiming land it does not control which won't do anything but make Serbia look like a whinny child nation and reinforce already highly negative perceptions of Serbia in the world.

Once again, we have the typical westerner who takes advantage of Serbia's misfortune and crappy position in this affair due to the demographic apocalypse sponsored in part by his very nation, whatever it may be. It's not our fault we don't control it. If it were left to us, and the bloody American hands and silent yet all-mighty media misleading tendencies stayed out of our affairs, one could walk into any major town in Kosovo and seldom acquaint himself with the opportunity to find an Albanian. Now, what we see is an inversion of this, as the reality is the very opposite.

Our claims to Kosovo don't make us whiny, and people who do consider us as such for the said reason merely make us sit back and like the rest of the world, become inheretly dissatisfied with the stark level of incompetence and dullness showcased in the views towards Serbia held by people just like you. Don't even get me started on the "child" remark either. If you want to speak of ages, the entity of Serbia is 1246 years old (and the Serbian tribe which dates back nearly 2 millenia).

As for the "highly negative perceptions of Serbia in the world", that phrase itself is broken. The world doesn't hate Serbia. It's people like you that hate Serbia and discriminate against it in innumerable aspects, and in all honesty, I know that if you could make it so, the entire world would hate Serbia.

So go on, argue with my response, and state some more anti-Serb cliches. No one's stopping you. And before drop the Albanian bomb, know that I have nothing against the Albanians. Their culture and traditions were beautiful, and inspired us and their neighbouring nations.
Last edited by The Pan Slavian Union on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Pan Slavian Union
Secretary

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pan Slavian Union » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:16 pm

We have a LIVE! group dance competition between three teams: Team Byzantine, Team Ottoman, and Team Yugoslav. Whoever wins gets the Balkans. We can call it "Dancing With the Kosovars".

You want me to choose between Team Yugoslav and Team Byzantine? D:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General