NATION

PASSWORD

What made you become Christian or religious in general?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:08 pm

Menassa wrote:
Othelos wrote:Praying never helped. I only prayed because I was supposed to.

It's a shame you've had such an experience, but sincerity can sometimes be key.

I don't think I ever truly believed in God, I really only did things and felt a certain way because of what other people did/felt.

I feel much more true to myself now that I've left, and I've finally been able to leave personal issues behind.

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Menassa » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:09 pm

Othelos wrote:
Menassa wrote:It's a shame you've had such an experience, but sincerity can sometimes be key.

I don't think I ever truly believed in God, I really only did things and felt a certain way because of what other people did/felt.

I feel much more true to myself now that I've left, and I've finally been able to leave personal issues behind.

Perhaps it's time to reexamine the case for yourself, instead of for what others tell you.
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Bojikami
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bojikami » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:13 pm

I became atheist after a decaying faith in god.
Be gay, do crime.
23 year old nonbinary trans woman(She/They), also I'm a Marxist-Leninist.
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.33

UED
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby UED » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:14 pm

Atheist/Buddhist

Brought up as a Buddhist, I like the theory and I think the soul might reincarnate.
Though then again I believe most religions are just plain old myths
Political and religious views don't define whether you are a good or bad person, unless you want to actively hurt everyone who doesn't believe what you say.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Menassa wrote:
Othelos wrote:I don't think I ever truly believed in God, I really only did things and felt a certain way because of what other people did/felt.

Perhaps it's time to reexamine the case for yourself, instead of for what others tell you.

I agree. Honestly, I'm open to joining something that aligns with my beliefs as a person, but it would have to be non-theistic, and spiritually rather than emotionally or morally based.
Last edited by Othelos on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:52 am

I was Protestant until about 13. Now I'm a firm Athiest. It's amasing how much actually looking into your 'faith' can change how you see things. The Bible is at best, to myself - an above par collection of ficticious novels full of contradictions and irrationality.

Vulpae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulpae » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:42 pm

Menassa wrote:If by 'Christ' you mean God, that's not limited to Christianity....

I know, but I choose to focus on Christ's teachings, and found christanity fit me well. Other religions are no less right, I found the Torah and Koran perticularly illumniating. But in the end I liked christ's teachings about selflessness, forgiveness, and love. So took them to heart.
We're all trying to get to heaven, and have pretty much the same virtues.
PS: Paul was a good guy, and a devout man. Sometimes I wonder if he tried a little to hard sometimes, but I enjoyed his writings.

Lenciland wrote:Yep, calling Paul and Barnabas Zeus and Hermes, respectively, and then stoning them is a sign of real acceptance. No they realized the same thing I did, religion is the opioid of society keeping them mollified as they are unable to accept that when they die they are gone.

I'm going to respond to this directly. Because it's a lot more complex than some proto-revoloutionary simplification created in the wake of the french revoloution, and embraced by later communists.

Greeks didn't "realize religion is an opiate." In Greece and Rome keeping the gods happy was what kept the wheels of civilization turning. They embraced the religion completely. Greeks feared their gods who were petty & spiteful, but rewarded people too. Read Homer's Oddesy and note the fact that 18 years of hell for the hero was touched off by refusing to sacrifice a lamb to posidon.

Christians don't sacrifice, because to do so belittles the fact that their god did the sacrifice for them, and offered himself up, to himself, and went through a torturious crucifixion in the process.
That caused a major issue because keeping the gods happy kept the wheels of prosparity turning. "Christians don't sacrifice? Don't they care if our city goes bankrupt because they didn't sacrifice to hadies god of wealth and death!" was the overriding mentality. Many priests of the greek gods acrively whipped up trouble too to avoid loosing influence to the new kids in town. (after constantine rome kept on perscucating people, they just changed the symbol under which it was done.)

Second with things like christians calling eachother "brother" and "sister" dispite being married, romans thought it was incest or somthing darker.

Third: christians focused on the afterlife, somthing gods of the time didn't give a crap about. For those at the bottom of socity, slaves and the poor, there's a lot of appeal in a god that accepts all, blesses all, forgives all, and promises a better life in the next world. Especally as the one you lived in grew bleaker, and the rich kept getting richer, while you kept getting poorer.

Fourth: Christians preached that all men & women were born equal, somthing revolutionariy, and dangerious at the time. (we all know the later churches weren't perfect, especally in western europe. But that comes from existing alongside fudalisim, and the church absorbing the sexisim of roman culture.) Christ broke bread with whores, theves, and tax colectors as equals. He preached about giving charity and that wealth and earlthy power meant nothing in the eyes of god. Not exactly encouraging to those looking down from powerful places when your people start believing themselves your equal...

They converted quickly, I didn't say it was an insta-switch, and change is always marred with reactionary ignorance, & violence. But within three generations most greeks had abandoned the old gods.

Lastly it's important to remember when Rome and Greece became Christian, Christanity also became Roman & Greek. Their faith changed, the root culture did not.

The USOT
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The USOT » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:20 pm

Menassa wrote:
Othelos wrote:Not really. I've always had to ultimately depend on myself to get through difficult situations, even as a devout Christian.

The beliefs I was brought up to believe in are entirely emotionally based, because my mother isn't a strong person and a lot of times she needs it to center herself so she doesn't fall apart.

I'm not like that at all, because I spent years and years feeling secretly alone and depressed, even when I was supposed to feel loved by God. I'm a lot stronger because of it, and I don't need religion to patch up wounds. I'd rather actually address them and get over issues, not glaze over things to avoid dealing with the truth.

If you put your effort in, is a little help along the way so bad?

A little help is never bad. But its worth considering what the help is.
If you build up a system of help based around someone who may not be real, if you stop believing in that someone it can be really awful. Many people first going through the change from Theism to Atheism who were devout find that much of their sense of identity and an identity crisis whilst going through other major problems can leave you in a bad way.

Unless the issue is directly religious based (e.g. somebody having an issue over theology) I dont think its a good idea to direct them to any path which has any orientation on faith position. Letting people deal with the issue in their own way, and supporting them through secular means poses far less risks than potentially making the situation worse.
Eco-Friendly Green Cyborg Santa Claus

Contrary to the propaganda, we live in probably the least materialistic culture in history. If we cared about the things of the world, we would treat them quite differently. We would be concerned with their materiality. We would be interested in their beginnings and their ends, before and after they left our grasp.

Peter Timmerman, “Defending Materialism"

Lenciland
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenciland » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Vulpae wrote:
Menassa wrote:If by 'Christ' you mean God, that's not limited to Christianity....

Lenciland wrote:Yep, calling Paul and Barnabas Zeus and Hermes, respectively, and then stoning them is a sign of real acceptance. No they realized the same thing I did, religion is the opioid of society keeping them mollified as they are unable to accept that when they die they are gone.

I'm going to respond to this directly. Because it's a lot more complex than some proto-revoloutionary simplification created in the wake of the french revoloution, and embraced by later communists.

Greeks didn't "realize religion is an opiate." In Greece and Rome keeping the gods happy was what kept the wheels of civilization turning. They embraced the religion completely. Greeks feared their gods who were petty & spiteful, but rewarded people too. Read Homer's Oddesy and note the fact that 18 years of hell for the hero was touched off by refusing to sacrifice a lamb to posidon.

Christians don't sacrifice, because to do so belittles the fact that their god did the sacrifice for them, and offered himself up, to himself, and went through a torturious crucifixion in the process.
That caused a major issue because keeping the gods happy kept the wheels of prosparity turning. "Christians don't sacrifice? Don't they care if our city goes bankrupt because they didn't sacrifice to hadies god of wealth and death!" was the overriding mentality. Many priests of the greek gods acrively whipped up trouble too to avoid loosing influence to the new kids in town. (after constantine rome kept on perscucating people, they just changed the symbol under which it was done.)

Second with things like christians calling eachother "brother" and "sister" dispite being married, romans thought it was incest or somthing darker.

Third: christians focused on the afterlife, somthing gods of the time didn't give a crap about. For those at the bottom of socity, slaves and the poor, there's a lot of appeal in a god that accepts all, blesses all, forgives all, and promises a better life in the next world. Especally as the one you lived in grew bleaker, and the rich kept getting richer, while you kept getting poorer.

Fourth: Christians preached that all men & women were born equal, somthing revolutionariy, and dangerious at the time. (we all know the later churches weren't perfect, especally in western europe. But that comes from existing alongside fudalisim, and the church absorbing the sexisim of roman culture.) Christ broke bread with whores, theves, and tax colectors as equals. He preached about giving charity and that wealth and earlthy power meant nothing in the eyes of god. Not exactly encouraging to those looking down from powerful places when your people start believing themselves your equal...

They converted quickly, I didn't say it was an insta-switch, and change is always marred with reactionary ignorance, & violence. But within three generations most greeks had abandoned the old gods.

Lastly it's important to remember when Rome and Greece became Christian, Christanity also became Roman & Greek. Their faith changed, the root culture did not.

Yes religion was an opiate to a society to them, not necessarily their's but that of their gods.

Second:Incest was okay with the Romans because to them sex meant nothing.
Source:http://www.roman-empire.net/society/soc-household.html

Third: On the contrary, their hard views on the after life made most Romans do good things, but as human nature tells us we focus on the bad person instead of the good person so it is mostly bad and occasionally good.
Source:http://death.wikia.com/wiki/Death_in_Ancient_Rome

Fourth:Ahh, yes, the Church was always very equal and that is why it is in the Bible that women cannot have public church roles. To say they adopted their sexism from the Romans is a completely wrong idea. Rome had some of the most progressive women's rights laws that the world would see for almost two thousand years. They went to school, owned land, wrote their own wills, could marry whom they pleased, could divorce when they wanted, had laws protecting them from spousal abuse, played many of the game's that Roman boys played, and got to exert overt political power.
Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Ancient_Rome
Last edited by Lenciland on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quotes:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Lenciland wrote:No there is no Messiah only the Misoiah and that is the Greta One. Bombadil and I am his prophet.

Misoyah Heathens, there is only the one true Ass.
Lo, for his prophet Andy Kaufman came down from on high, to show the ways of the troll.

Karlsreich wrote:And on the fourth day, God created Saturn. And he liked it. So he put a ring on it.

C is for colonies. Rightly we boast. That of all the great nations. Great Britain has the most.
Lenciland & Saint Kitten, neighbors in Hell.
Cthulu be praised!!

Vulpae
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulpae » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Lenciland wrote:
Yes religion was an opiate to a society to them, not necessarily their's but that of their gods.

Second:Incest was okay with the Romans because to them sex meant nothing.
Source:http://www.roman-empire.net/society/soc-household.html

Third: On the contrary, their hard views on the after life made most Romans do good things, but as human nature tells us we focus on the bad person instead of the good person so it is mostly bad and occasionally good.
Source:http://death.wikia.com/wiki/Death_in_Ancient_Rome

Fourth:Ahh, yes, the Church was always very equal and that is why it is in the Bible that women cannot have public church roles. To say they adopted their sexism from the Romans is a completely wrong idea. Rome had some of the most progressive women's rights laws that the world would see for almost two thousand years. They went to school, owned land, wrote their own wills, could marry whom they pleased, could divorce when they wanted, had laws protecting them from spousal abuse, played many of the game's that Roman boys played, and got to exert overt political power.
Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Ancient_Rome

I'm refuting wiki pages, from various wikis now... Link me to a university dissertation and archeological study.
It's important to differentiate between the early republic, late republic, early empire, mid empire, and dying empire, periods in roman history and culture.
Please do some actual research, and you'll realize that some of what you are spouting at me are preconceived notions and stereotypes. Some of which were first spread as propaganda by the Anglican/Dutch churches about Catholics during the age of sail, largely to counter the power of catholic missionaries in the New World and Far East.

2:Among common romans but the Greeks had a dim view of it at the time (were totally cool with homosexuality though). But the idea of a cult where all the marriages are "Brothers" & "Sisters" now that raised some eyebrows.

3: Right, the heroic romans go to Elysium, the damnati (slaves, criminals, and so forth) go to Tartarus. But everyone else gets a grey endless afterlife. The primary concern is keeping the bastards in the grey depressing afterlife, and not here menacing the living.
Christanity offered those damnati a much better afterlife, especially those who had been born into slavery for generations.

4: Roman society was progressive to their own citizens (again it's Rome, so anyone who's not Roman gets the raw end of politics.) during the republican era. But after the reforms of Augustus, it became more and more sexist, and more abusive to the slave caste, not that they were that kind initially. but it got worse as the imperial system calcified and the empire rotted from within. Your data is flawed and sees things from one perspective, and assumes Rome was the same Rome all the way through.
It is no coincidence that Peter was crucified for preaching what amounted to women's liberation. Almost all the slave girls in the city refused to sell their bodies as a result of his preaching, in roman socity by telling the whores they don't have to put out. He was committing treason.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_rol ... ristianity
note the difference between egalitarian, and patriarchy thought sets. You are doing the religious equivalent of claiming all Americans are Republicans because you hate republicans.

Stop thinking in propaganda & stereotypes man.
Last edited by Vulpae on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Vulpae wrote:Read Homer's Oddesy and note the fact that 18 years of hell for the hero was touched off by refusing to sacrifice a lamb to posidon.

I would suggest you go and read it first before you go and lord yourself over other people. Odysseus was cursed to his voyage because he blinded Polyphemus and made the mistake of boasting and proclaiming his name to Polyphemus as he escaped. Polyphemus then told his father, Poseidon, what Odysseus had done and Poseidon cursed him to wander the earth for ten years.

Vulpae wrote:2:Among common romans but the Greeks had a dim view of it at the time (were totally cool with homosexuality though). But the idea of a cult where all the marriages are "Brothers" & "Sisters" now that raised some eyebrows.

The Greeks were not 'totally okay' with homosexuality. They had homosexual relationships, but men were also expected to have wives and bear children to them as well. Being solely attracted to men and having no interest in marrying would have been very weird to them.

Vulpae wrote:4: Roman society was progressive to their own citizens (again it's Rome, so anyone who's not Roman gets the raw end of politics.) during the republican era.

Sure, if you ignore all of Roman Republican history. Seriously, almost all of pre-Imperial Roman history is punctuated by struggles between groups like the optimates and the novi homines over the disenfranchisement of Rome's poor citizens. Marius and Sulla, the Gracchi brothers, the list goes on.

Vulpae wrote:It is no coincidence that Peter was crucified for preaching what amounted to women's liberation. Almost all the slave girls in the city refused to sell their bodies as a result of his preaching, in roman socity by telling the whores they don't have to put out. He was committing treason.

Seeing as the only source we have for the crucifixion of Peter is Tertullian in the 2nd century, who most certainly had a vested interest in portraying him as such, we can barely prove he was crucified at all, let alone the reasons for it.
Last edited by Avenio on Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vulpae
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulpae » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:42 am

Avenio wrote:I would suggest you go and read it first before you go and lord yourself over other people. Odysseus was cursed to his voyage because he blinded Polyphemus and made the mistake of boasting and proclaiming his name to Polyphemus as he escaped. Polyphemus then told his father, Poseidon, what Odysseus had done and Poseidon cursed him to wander the earth for ten years.
True, I spoke out of a bit of spite there. But It was the refusal of sacrifice that had Poseidon knock him off course in the first place.

Avenio wrote:The Greeks were not 'totally okay' with homosexuality. They had homosexual relationships, but men were also expected to have wives and bear children to them as well. Being solely attracted to men and having no interest in marrying would have been very weird to them..
True, though I meant they were alright with it.

Avenio wrote:Sure, if you ignore all of Roman Republican history. Seriously, almost all of pre-Imperial Roman history is punctuated by struggles between groups like the optimates and the novi homines over the disenfranchisement of Rome's poor citizens. Marius and Sulla, the Gracchi brothers, the list goes on..

I know, I suppose I shouldn't sum up so much history so quickly. Puts me on the same ground as my opponent.

Avenio wrote:Seeing as the only source we have for the crucifixion of Peter is Tertullian in the 2nd century, who most certainly had a vested interest in portraying him as such, we can barely prove he was crucified at all, let alone the reasons for it.

There are also the Dead Sea Scrolls, but like all historic documents they are suspect.

Terra Sector Union
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Sector Union » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:50 am

Raised Roman Catholic. Instead of choosing the atheist/agnostic approach, I continued to believe there is some god but not a christian god. I also thought organized religion in general was too manipulative and controlling. Especially since there is so many different parts of Christianity. I could create my own christian religion if I wanted too.
For so long, Mankind has been plagued by division. Division by culture, creed, skin color, religion and nationality. These very divisions have been the cause of most human conflicts. But in the age of globalism, we can finally have that chance to implement a world government where all human beings are seen as equals. Isn't that what everyone wants? World peace? I do. You should support that too. It may not end all conflicts, but the reductions of Man on Man violence will be at an all time low when the entire planet gets administered by one governing body.

Strobe Talbot. wrote:n the next century (now), nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single global authority and realize national sovereignty wasn’t such a great deal after all.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:53 am

I was born into a Christian(I'm not very religious, but I do believe in God), though I never got baptized.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:56 am

New haven america wrote:I was born into a Christian(I'm not very religious, but I do believe in God), though I never got baptized.

Interesting. I was born catholic. I was baptized. Currently I'm agnostic.

Kratu
Senator

Founded: Dec 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kratu » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:56 am

I started to listen to the scientific minds of the past few generations and thus my mind started to question and I consider this a good thing and thus I am a Agnostic-Athiest.
Revolutionary Socialist

Zottistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zottistan » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:27 am

Born and raised Catholic. But I was a reflective child, and at about age 10, following no particularly interesting turn of events, I became irreligious.
Ireland, BCL and LLM, Training Barrister, Cismale Bi Dude and Gym-Bro, Generally Boring Socdem Eurocuck

Parhe
Powerbroker

Founded: May 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Parhe » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:31 am

My friends and fear.
Hey, it is Parhe :D I am always open to telegrams.
I know it is a Work-In-Progress, but I would love it if y'all looked at my new factbook and gave me some feedback!

BRING BACK THE ICE CLIMBERS

Menassa
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Menassa » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:32 am

Parhe wrote:My friends and fear.

Fear?
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Regenburg
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regenburg » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:34 am

I was atheist some time ago,supernatural events that were so close to me and death of my pop made me believe in something
my family never was very religious
caps lock sucks
pro:russian language,shashlik,hardbass,blood sausages,samogitia,weed,kvass,anarchism,the doors,gta,paganism,cats
con:america,military,politics,swag,ios,school,pop music,school,capitalism,
Kalbajobai babaužei dėdlietuovenenkai-tuteušiei,vuon no Žemaitiu ruodos!
dont expect me being useful in discussion that would be a big mistake
i dont know why im here either

Aethrys
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aethrys » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:35 am

I was dipped in a basin of water before I had the capacity to develop or vocalize an opinion on the matter.
"Concentration of power in a political machine is bad; and an Established Church is only a political machine; it was invented for that; it is nursed, cradled, preserved for that; it is an enemy to human liberty, and does no good which it could not better do in a split-up and scattered condition." - Mark Twain

Bunkeranlage
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bunkeranlage » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:36 am

Neo Arcad wrote:I quit Christianity after no one would address the continuity errors in their stupid book, and I became Zen Buddhist when I realized that they didn't worship books.

Perhaps you could name some of the errors, and I, being a Christian, could help explain... :)
~+~+~ RIP, Mr. Lee | (1923 - 2015) ~+~+~
Economic Left: 4.00 Social Libertarian: 1.59 | Ich bin INFP
My Manga Gallery | Bertrand Russell: The Case for Socialism | On Holocaust Denial | My Views
"What a talentless bastard! It irritates me that this self-fellated mediocrity is acclaimed as genius."

- P. I. Tchaikovsky, on Brahms

~+~+~+~

"I liked everything about the opera. Everything, except for the music."

- B. Britten, on Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress

~+~+~+~

"Hell is full of musical amateurs."

- George Bernard Shaw

Rapidblaze
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rapidblaze » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:38 am

faith made me strong

Menassa
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Menassa » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:39 am

Bunkeranlage wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:I quit Christianity after no one would address the continuity errors in their stupid book, and I became Zen Buddhist when I realized that they didn't worship books.

Perhaps you could name some of the errors, and I, being a Christian, could help explain... :)

You do realize how large the Christian Bible is correct?

Parhe
Powerbroker

Founded: May 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Parhe » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:46 am

Menassa wrote:
Parhe wrote:My friends and fear.

Fear?

Of multiple things. Of course on top is the common fear many had of "What If it is real". I carried that for a while, and will comment I possibly might now. It is hard for me to understand what it is that I feel and believe as I always question myself on every little thing. Even now I am not sure since in my darkest moments I like to go to him, or thank him in my bests, through prayer or talking. Though at the same time I cannot tell if my intended audience or partner really is a God or myself, as I catch myself responding to myself all the time even while in prayer. At this rate I'll probably be bartering with a God on my death bed regardless of what I believe.

Then there is the shallower fear of being ostracized to an extent. When I believed I really met God of the Bible, in around Early Middle School through friends although I had been to church a few times before, I began attending a church and got very active in it, for a while later teaching classes to the younger children(all the while not being an adult myself), helping to lead praise in youth, and joining the welcoming team. Much my life at the time revolved around my church and about all my main group of friends at my school went to the same church. I feared losing my friends and everything good that came with them, though once they disappeared for other reason it was more a reason for me to stop attending church. Of course that ignored the fact that I could have been a Christian long after I left church, or attended church as a non Christian, but that too was a turning point in my faith.
Hey, it is Parhe :D I am always open to telegrams.
I know it is a Work-In-Progress, but I would love it if y'all looked at my new factbook and gave me some feedback!

BRING BACK THE ICE CLIMBERS

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General