NATION

PASSWORD

Philippines Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri May 30, 2014 6:37 am

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Unless a nuclear power plant’s fail safe’s are compromised Fukushima won’t happen.

So you're telling me, that when a 5 meter tall wave smashes into a nuclear power plant it would all be peachy?

Yes, if it is built in mine that there was a 5 meter wall of water that smashed Fukushima.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Grab your gun, point it at bad guy, pull trigger.

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri May 30, 2014 6:38 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:So you're telling me, that when a 5 meter tall wave smashes into a nuclear power plant it would all be peachy?

Yes, if it is built in mine that there was a 5 meter wall of water that smashed Fukushima.

You do realise how Fukushima went right? :eyebrow:
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri May 30, 2014 6:39 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Yes, if it is built in mine that there was a 5 meter wall of water that smashed Fukushima.

You do realise how Fukushima went right? :eyebrow:

Earthquake, Wall of water, then kaboom?

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Fri May 30, 2014 6:39 am

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:You're forgetting that the Cordillera region is a major agricultural region, the thought of a nuclear power plant there would cause a massive decline in agricultural demand.

Public enlightenment. Propaganda. That's a solution. I could think of no more relevant objections to this matter.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri May 30, 2014 6:40 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:You do realise how Fukushima went right? :eyebrow:

Earthquake, Wall of water, then kaboom?

Precisely, something we don't want to happen in the Philippines.

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri May 30, 2014 6:41 am

Asigna wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:You're forgetting that the Cordillera region is a major agricultural region, the thought of a nuclear power plant there would cause a massive decline in agricultural demand.

Public enlightenment. Propaganda. That's a solution. I could think of no more relevant objections to this matter.

How are you going to do that, we already know what happened to Chernobyl and Fukushima.

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Fri May 30, 2014 6:44 am

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:How are you going to do that, we already know what happened to Chernobyl and Fukushima.

Let us not let a few incidents darken the name of a means that has already been powering countries like Japan, the United states and France for such a long time already. They had been caused by a small number of unfortunate events that all could had been prevented. It happened before, since humanity learns from their mistakes, we can put our faith that it would not happen again.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri May 30, 2014 6:44 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Earthquake, Wall of water, then kaboom?

Precisely, something we don't want to happen in the Philippines.
Spend more time in building a wall that would withstand a gigantic wall of water? Have another generator that would turn on when the other one fails? Be the Netherlands and have tonnes of dikes? Most of these will offset their costs because you guys are no longer importing coal.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri May 30, 2014 6:45 am

Asigna wrote:

How are you going to do that, we already know what happened to Chernobyl and Fukushima.

Chernobyl was because of them being wreckless, Fukushima because of unfortunate events.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri May 30, 2014 6:45 am

Asigna wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:How are you going to do that, we already know what happened to Chernobyl and Fukushima.

Let us not let a few incidents darken the name of a means that has already been powering countries like Japan, the United states and France for such a long time already. They had been caused by a small number of unfortunate events that all could had been prevented. It happened before, since humanity learns from their mistakes, we can put our faith that it would not happen again.

We have a corrupt Administrative, Legislative and Judiciary Branch, I would not recommend it.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri May 30, 2014 6:46 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:

Chernobyl was because of them being wreckless, Fukushima because of unfortunate events.

We're more prone to unfortunate events than Japan... :eyebrow:

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri May 30, 2014 6:46 am

Asigna wrote:

This argument is the same as saying "Why drive a toyota when there are many of those involved in accidents." or "Why cross the street when people get run over when they do so?"

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri May 30, 2014 6:47 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Precisely, something we don't want to happen in the Philippines.
Spend more time in building a wall that would withstand a gigantic wall of water? Have another generator that would turn on when the other one fails? Be the Netherlands and have tonnes of dikes? Most of these will offset their costs because you guys are no longer importing coal.

Ofcourse not, we have our own darn coal. Plus Australia is like super close by.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri May 30, 2014 6:48 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote: Spend more time in building a wall that would withstand a gigantic wall of water? Have another generator that would turn on when the other one fails? Be the Netherlands and have tonnes of dikes? Most of these will offset their costs because you guys are no longer importing coal.

Ofcourse not, we have our own darn coal. Plus Australia is like super close by.

Your coal is a piece of horse shite compared to Germany’s why would you want to be inefficient when you need to ’industrialise?’

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Fri May 30, 2014 6:49 am

Asigna wrote:

We have a corrupt Administrative, Legislative and Judiciary Branch, I would not recommend it.

We are discussing about the possibility of installing this means in the future when good governance is already present not the possibility of this being implanted now, especially since when i have no faith with the rest of the government not even the Noynoy administration in changing the country in a significant level.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri May 30, 2014 6:49 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:

This argument is the same as saying "Why drive a toyota when there are many of those involved in accidents." or "Why cross the street when people get run over when they do so?"

Because the results of these events won't leave a 5-10 mile radius of land uninhabitable for around 500-1,000 years.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri May 30, 2014 6:50 am

Asigna wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:We have a corrupt Administrative, Legislative and Judiciary Branch, I would not recommend it.

We are discussing about the possibility of installing this means in the future when good governance is already present not the possibility of this being implanted now, especially since when i have no faith with the rest of the government not even the Noynoy administration in changing the country in a significant level.

Eh, your inflation is at 1.5% or so so whatever they are doing, they’re doing it right.

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Fri May 30, 2014 6:50 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:This argument is the same as saying "Why drive a toyota when there are many of those involved in accidents." or "Why cross the street when people get run over when they do so?"

Because the results of these events won't leave a 5-10 mile radius of land uninhabitable for around 500-1,000 years.

We can never know what it will really bring to the Philippines unless we try it. It's risky but it is something that should not be removed from our consideration considering it will give a great leap to our economy, our future when we no longer have to rely on coal imports to power our nation. It's a great vision.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri May 30, 2014 6:52 am

Asigna wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Because the results of these events won't leave a 5-10 mile radius of land uninhabitable for around 500-1,000 years.

We can never know what it will really bring to the Philippines unless we try it. It's risky but it is something that should not be removed from our consideration considering it will give a great leap to our economy, our future when we no longer have to rely on coal imports to power our nation. It's a great vision.

Nuclear power plant>all of your coal plants.
In terms of emmision and arguably output.
Last edited by Emilio Aguinaldo on Fri May 30, 2014 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri May 30, 2014 6:52 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Ofcourse not, we have our own darn coal. Plus Australia is like super close by.

Your coal is a piece of horse shite compared to Germany’s why would you want to be inefficient when you need to ’industrialise?’

Because we only need coal for fires, oil which can be pretty abundant in this region is something we can actually boast especially since around $1 trillion is estimated to be within our territory, all we have to do now is sink a bunch of Chinese ships.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri May 30, 2014 6:53 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Your coal is a piece of horse shite compared to Germany’s why would you want to be inefficient when you need to ’industrialise?’

Because we only need coal for fires, oil which can be pretty abundant in this region is something we can actually boast especially since around $1 trillion is estimated to be within our territory, all we have to do now is sink a bunch of Chinese ships.

Goodluck with that.

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Fri May 30, 2014 6:54 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Your coal is a piece of horse shite compared to Germany’s why would you want to be inefficient when you need to ’industrialise?’

We do not need to do that, we have the Benham rise in our eastern flank to provide us that kind of an oil self sufficient future.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri May 30, 2014 6:54 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Asigna wrote:

Eh, your inflation is at 1.5% or so so whatever they are doing, they’re doing it right.

Our target is actually 4-5% if what you're saying is true, then we're failing pretty badly.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri May 30, 2014 6:55 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Eh, your inflation is at 1.5% or so so whatever they are doing, they’re doing it right.

Our target is actually 4-5% if what you're saying is true, then we're failing pretty badly.

WHY WOULD YOU WANT HIGHER INFLATION?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri May 30, 2014 6:55 am

Asigna wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Because we only need coal for fires, oil which can be pretty abundant in this region is something we can actually boast especially since around $1 trillion is estimated to be within our territory, all we have to do now is sink a bunch of Chinese ships.

We do not need to do that, we have the Benham rise in our eastern flank to provide us that kind of an oil self sufficient future.

Yes, but we have to defend our rights.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General