NATION

PASSWORD

Philippines Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu May 22, 2014 2:58 am

Allentyr wrote:I'm just bored, so, ahoy from your southwestern neighbor! :lol:

Which one? We don't border anyone so theoretically we have around three.
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu May 22, 2014 2:58 am

Allentyr wrote:
Asigna wrote:
Southwest hmmm....Are you another Malaysian?

Yes. Not proud of it :P

Oh... I see.

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Thu May 22, 2014 2:59 am

Allentyr wrote:Yes. Not proud of it :P

You are just one of those "i belong in the developed world and i am not proud of it". Why? :blink:
We Filipinos are still somehow proud as a people even though our country (in terms of society and politics not the environment of our country) is not that great.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Allentyr
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Allentyr » Thu May 22, 2014 3:00 am

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:
Allentyr wrote:I'm just bored, so, ahoy from your southwestern neighbor! :lol:

Which one? We don't border anyone so theoretically we have around three.

Sea borders, m8. Or if you actually don't border anyone by sea... I guess a nearby country?
Steam
Blazedtown wrote:I'll spell reaganomincs in your bathroom mirror in blood, and remove minorities from from your family photo albums

Sediczja wrote:
Basseemia wrote:You sound gross. Learn some hygiene.

Hey, showering is for little girls. You're not a real man until the rot on your crotch is an inch thick.

Mefpan wrote:I don't think we need a source to prove that the economy is interconnected and doesn't run on muahahahaium, the secret element that comes into existence whenever someone hatches a nefarious plan.

Emperial Germany wrote:
Greater Weselton wrote:Would you like her to show up in your bedroom at 3:00 A.M. in full witch attire?

Would you like me to show up in your bedroom at 3:00 A.M in full Joker attire?

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Thu May 22, 2014 3:00 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:As a Catalan...you might know why we hate him here, but as a Spaniard...he did improve the economy by realising that Spain will never match Germany in production, but it can match France as a tourist destination. In thirteen years maybe more, the economy was embiggened six fold. From 12 billion to 76 billion.

Oh, you're one of those "Spaniards", well I can tell you this, the main reason why he did well economically was because he didn't PARTICIPATE in World War 2.

Then why didn’t Liberia experience boom? Why din’t Mexico experience boom?
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Grab your gun, point it at bad guy, pull trigger.

Allentyr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Allentyr » Thu May 22, 2014 3:00 am

Asigna wrote:
Allentyr wrote:Yes. Not proud of it :P

You are just one of those "i belong in the developed world and i am not proud of it". Why? :blink:
We Filipinos are still somehow proud as a people even though our country (in terms of society and politics not the environment of our country) is not that great.

Developed? Oh, you must have been spoonfed propaganda. We're quite backwards.
Steam
Blazedtown wrote:I'll spell reaganomincs in your bathroom mirror in blood, and remove minorities from from your family photo albums

Sediczja wrote:

Hey, showering is for little girls. You're not a real man until the rot on your crotch is an inch thick.

Mefpan wrote:I don't think we need a source to prove that the economy is interconnected and doesn't run on muahahahaium, the secret element that comes into existence whenever someone hatches a nefarious plan.

Emperial Germany wrote:
Greater Weselton wrote:Would you like her to show up in your bedroom at 3:00 A.M. in full witch attire?

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Thu May 22, 2014 3:01 am

Allentyr wrote:
Asigna wrote:

Atleast we’re all in the first world!

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Thu May 22, 2014 3:08 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Atleast we’re all in the first world!

You are just another white man. :p

Allentyr wrote:Developed? Oh, you must have been spoonfed propaganda. We're quite backwards.

I need a word from the neighbor though. What do you think of the Philippines on the other hand? With Malaysia several times had tried to support China instead of backing ASEAN against an assertive China, with is your position about us?
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu May 22, 2014 3:11 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Oh, you're one of those "Spaniards", well I can tell you this, the main reason why he did well economically was because he didn't PARTICIPATE in World War 2.

Then why didn’t Liberia experience boom? Why din’t Mexico experience boom?

Liberia had a different circumstance, Mexico was politically unstable, even back then. Also they were Spanish influenced so it doesn't really surprise me.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Thu May 22, 2014 3:13 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Then why didn’t Liberia experience boom? Why din’t Mexico experience boom?

Liberia had a different circumstance, Mexico was politically unstable, even back then. Also they were Spanish influenced so it doesn't really surprise me.

The Dutch still tell us that we’re bad economists.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu May 22, 2014 3:14 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Allentyr wrote:

Atleast we’re all in the first world!

Yeah.... No, no Spain is a semi-permeable membrane of the E.U. Because they'll lose face the minute they start calling Spain anything less than developed, so even though the reality is opposite you'll kind of maybe remain a "developed" state for the time being.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu May 22, 2014 3:14 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Liberia had a different circumstance, Mexico was politically unstable, even back then. Also they were Spanish influenced so it doesn't really surprise me.

The Dutch still tell us that we’re bad economists.

And they're right.

Luzvimindia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Luzvimindia » Thu May 22, 2014 3:15 am

Well, there it goes. They said it wouldn't be a coup but it was all along. Wishing the best for our Thai neighbors. This is why martial law isn't always the best option.
Republic of Luzvimindia

Non-nation related Roleplays
1500: Brave New World as The Colony of Nueva Aragón
History of Empires as The Kingdom of Medar

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu May 22, 2014 3:18 am

Asigna wrote:

Allentyr wrote:Developed? Oh, you must have been spoonfed propaganda. We're quite backwards.

I need a word from the neighbor though. What do you think of the Philippines on the other hand? With Malaysia several times had tried to support China instead of backing ASEAN against an assertive China, with is your position about us?

You know, Malaysia also has claims in accordance with UNCLOS so our southern neighbour dislikes China too although trade relations prevent them from doing anything more drastic. I view the level of anti-Chinese sentiment as this:
Vietnam= extreme
The Philippines= getting worse
Japan= never good to begin with
Malaysia= neutral leaning towards ASEAN
India= hated
South Korea= very worried
Taiwan= claims it

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu May 22, 2014 3:20 am

Luzvimindia wrote:Well, there it goes. They said it wouldn't be a coup but it was all along. Wishing the best for our Thai neighbors. This is why martial law isn't always the best option.

What source do you have?

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Thu May 22, 2014 3:20 am

Yeah.... No, no Spain is a semi-permeable membrane of the E.U. Because they'll lose face the minute they start calling Spain anything less than developed, so even though the reality is opposite you'll kind of maybe remain a "developed" state for the time being.

Yeah, but we’re still richer than southern Italy. Also I was hinting that first world meant allied with US during cold war. Well, as I ussually say "We’re tenth and falling!" We’re thirteenth now.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu May 22, 2014 3:20 am

Luzvimindia wrote:Well, there it goes. They said it wouldn't be a coup but it was all along. Wishing the best for our Thai neighbors. This is why martial law isn't always the best option.

What source do you have?

Allentyr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Allentyr » Thu May 22, 2014 3:21 am

Asigna wrote:

Eh, personally, I'm fine with ya'll. You're considered family in my book :P
My government... I think they're just scared of China due to economic relations..
Steam

Sediczja wrote:

Emperial Germany wrote:

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu May 22, 2014 3:22 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Yeah.... No, no Spain is a semi-permeable membrane of the E.U. Because they'll lose face the minute they start calling Spain anything less than developed, so even though the reality is opposite you'll kind of maybe remain a "developed" state for the time being.

Yeah, but we’re still richer than southern Italy. Also I was hinting that first world meant allied with US during cold war. Well, as I ussually say "We’re tenth and falling!" We’re thirteenth now.

That would mean that the Philippines is "first world" which seems plausible if the current President decides to run again but no not right now.

Luzvimindia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Luzvimindia » Thu May 22, 2014 3:22 am

What source do you have?

ANC quoting the Associated Press
Republic of Luzvimindia

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu May 22, 2014 3:22 am

Luzvimindia wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:What source do you have?

ANC quoting the Associated Press

Link?

Luzvimindia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Luzvimindia » Thu May 22, 2014 3:23 am

Allentyr wrote:
Asigna wrote:

My government... I think they're just scared of China due to economic relations..

Not only that but the millions in your country that are descended from the Chinese.
Republic of Luzvimindia

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Thu May 22, 2014 3:24 am

It’s a good option if the man or woman with all the power does not concern thrmselves woth wealth, but concern themselves with the proserity of the country a la the ever so often Capetian kings of old.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu May 22, 2014 3:24 am

Allentyr wrote:
Asigna wrote:

We look so much alike that if our language was the same we might as-well form a new country all together, although you guys are British and we're Spanish, Indo is Dutch, Leste is Portuguese, etc.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu May 22, 2014 3:25 am

Luzvimindia wrote:
Allentyr wrote:

Not only that but the millions in your country that are descended from the Chinese.

Yeah so are we, in fact we may have a greater Chinese population than them.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General