Page 165 of 494

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:42 am
by The REAL Glasers
Idzequitch wrote:
Bythyrona wrote:No, I wasn't. I was talking about an individual QB's skill, or Tebow's lack thereof.

wat

That statement makes no sense. At all. A QB who can COMPLETE A PASS is far more likely to win than one who can't. You're ignoring everything that article said, which blatantly refutes the ignorant and obsolete notion that QB wins matters.



QB wins is one of the meaningless statistics in all of sports, and it's utterly laughable that you assert anything to the contrary. "All he does is win" is a phrase only meaning that a bad QB lucked out on a good team.

Might I point out that Stafford's record was only that bad because he had no supporting cast? Though respectable now, the Lions were the laughingstock of the league when he joined the team. He's a good quarterback, but not even Peyton or Brady would have been able to win on that team. In much the same way, Tebow had the proper supporting cast to win in Denver, but not with the Jets, not that he was even given a chance there. Was he elite? Hell no. Was he good? Not statistically, no. Was he adequate? Yes, and you may remember that that was my original argument. Tebow is probably never going to be an everyday starter, especially with the idiotic media circus that follows him everywhere he goes. He is, however, good enough to be the backup somewhere. Easily.
Maurepas wrote:I disagree, just due to the nature of what the game has become. I've seen Tom Brady take subpar teams deep in the playoffs consistently. I've seen Houston consistently fail to make the playoffs.

The difference is in QB play. A Franchise QB is the lynchpin of any decent team in the NFL. The past decade has really borne this out through the haves and the have-nots.

I see what you're saying, and I respect your opinion, but I stand by my earlier statement. There is no doubt that having a good quarterback significantly increases a team's chances of being successful, but at the same time, this isn't the NBA. LeBron isn't here to take a team of nobodies to the championship. Brady has been impressive in making due with the team he has, but I wouldn't describe any of those teams as subpar. It's a quarterback-heavy league, but with the right players in other positions, you can do without a great QB (See: Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco in Baltimore, Brad Johnson in Tampa Bay, and Rex Grossman in Chicago,)


Do you really think Tebow is that good? What tangible skills does he have (note: winning doesn't count)? He can't throw and was held up by a spectacular defense and run game. He hasn't been in the league for a reason and if you have an argument against that that doesn't consist of nonsense like "media circus" then I'd love to hear it, because the NFL doesn't refuse jobs to people that can play.

Yeah you can win in this league without a QB, but only if your team is anchored by an all-time great defense and that's proven to be much harder to come by.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:19 am
by Armeia
Outer Sparta wrote:In other news, Greg Hardy has been suspended 10 games. Good job Cowboys. Good job.

He got jobbed by the NFL. They just didn't want to upset sponsors and feminists, despite him being innocent.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:14 pm
by Bythyrona
Idzequitch wrote:Tebow had the proper supporting cast to win in Denver, but not with the Jets, not that he was even given a chance there. Was he elite? Hell no. Was he good? Not statistically, no. Was he adequate? Yes, and you may remember that that was my original argument. Tebow is probably never going to be an everyday starter, especially with the idiotic media circus that follows him everywhere he goes. He is, however, good enough to be the backup somewhere. Easily.

46.5 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE IS NOT ADEQUATE. HOW ARE YOU DISPUTING THIS? HE HAS ALL THE TALENT OF RYAN LINDLEY IN THE PROS WITH A PERMANENT ESPN TARGET ON HIS BACK. HE'S AWFUL, HE'S SHIT, HE'S ABYSMAL AT THE QUARTERBACK POSITION; PEYTON MANNING MANAGED TO RACK UP 5,000 YARDS AND A 68% COMPLETION RATE WITH THE SAME TWO PRIMARY RECEIVERS THAT TEBOW HAD FOR TWO YEARS. ALL TEBOW HAS ARE "WINS", WHICH, AS I ESTABLISHED, ARE A MEANINGLESS INDICATOR OF ANYTHING BUT TEAM TALENT.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:37 pm
by Abidawe
Bythyrona wrote:46.5 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE IS NOT ADEQUATE. HOW ARE YOU DISPUTING THIS? HE HAS ALL THE TALENT OF RYAN LINDLEY IN THE PROS WITH A PERMANENT ESPN TARGET ON HIS BACK.


Can I quote this in my sig xD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:08 pm
by United Dependencies
I'm just looking to see if the panthers can pick up some receiver and offensive line talent. I would understand if they went for some DBs instead though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:37 pm
by Bythyrona
Abidawe wrote:
Bythyrona wrote:46.5 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE IS NOT ADEQUATE. HOW ARE YOU DISPUTING THIS? HE HAS ALL THE TALENT OF RYAN LINDLEY IN THE PROS WITH A PERMANENT ESPN TARGET ON HIS BACK.


Can I quote this in my sig xD

lol sure, if you want

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:54 pm
by Tiami
Bythyrona wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Tebow had the proper supporting cast to win in Denver, but not with the Jets, not that he was even given a chance there. Was he elite? Hell no. Was he good? Not statistically, no. Was he adequate? Yes, and you may remember that that was my original argument. Tebow is probably never going to be an everyday starter, especially with the idiotic media circus that follows him everywhere he goes. He is, however, good enough to be the backup somewhere. Easily.

46.5 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE IS NOT ADEQUATE. HOW ARE YOU DISPUTING THIS? HE HAS ALL THE TALENT OF RYAN LINDLEY IN THE PROS WITH A PERMANENT ESPN TARGET ON HIS BACK. HE'S AWFUL, HE'S SHIT, HE'S ABYSMAL AT THE QUARTERBACK POSITION; PEYTON MANNING MANAGED TO RACK UP 5,000 YARDS AND A 68% COMPLETION RATE WITH THE SAME TWO PRIMARY RECEIVERS THAT TEBOW HAD FOR TWO YEARS. ALL TEBOW HAS ARE "WINS", WHICH, AS I ESTABLISHED, ARE A MEANINGLESS INDICATOR OF ANYTHING BUT TEAM TALENT.

Now, you would have gotten your point across without using CAPS. :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:39 am
by Luminesa
Outer Sparta wrote:In other news, Greg Hardy has been suspended 10 games. Good job Cowboys. Good job.


Regardless of whether or not he was guilty of his crimes, the Cowboys should have known better than to try and invest in a sketchy player like that. 'Sketchy' meaning 'not sure how this guy is gonna turn-out because he's swimming in a hot cup of controversy'.

Oh, but they never learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:42 pm
by Edward Richtofen
Luminesa wrote:
Outer Sparta wrote:In other news, Greg Hardy has been suspended 10 games. Good job Cowboys. Good job.


Regardless of whether or not he was guilty of his crimes, the Cowboys should have known better than to try and invest in a sketchy player like that. 'Sketchy' meaning 'not sure how this guy is gonna turn-out because he's swimming in a hot cup of controversy'.

Oh, but they never learn.

just shows you have to be white and named Ben to get out of trouble in the NFL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:17 pm
by Tiami
I've added a new poll and did a slight update to the OP. If you all have any ideas for the OP, poll, or something else, please, send me a TG and I'll add it in! Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:28 pm
by United Russian Soviet States
I predict that Tampa Bay will draft Jameis Winston. I hope the Chargers draft good players.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:51 am
by Luminesa
United Russian Soviet States wrote:I predict that Tampa Bay will draft Jameis Winston. I hope the Chargers draft good players.


Jameis Winston isn't gonna be much help, even if he DOES end-up being halfway decent (though I doubt he will). Tampa Bay needs other players, too. I mean, yes, they have Mike Evans and...do they still have Muscle Hamster (Doug Martin)? Still, it's always a bad idea to build-up a struggling team around a sketchy rookie QB. :/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:46 am
by United Russian Soviet States
Luminesa wrote:
United Russian Soviet States wrote:I predict that Tampa Bay will draft Jameis Winston. I hope the Chargers draft good players.


Jameis Winston isn't gonna be much help, even if he DOES end-up being halfway decent (though I doubt he will). Tampa Bay needs other players, too. I mean, yes, they have Mike Evans and...do they still have Muscle Hamster (Doug Martin)? Still, it's always a bad idea to build-up a struggling team around a sketchy rookie QB. :/

They have Doug Martin.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:18 am
by Luminesa
United Russian Soviet States wrote:
Luminesa wrote:
Jameis Winston isn't gonna be much help, even if he DOES end-up being halfway decent (though I doubt he will). Tampa Bay needs other players, too. I mean, yes, they have Mike Evans and...do they still have Muscle Hamster (Doug Martin)? Still, it's always a bad idea to build-up a struggling team around a sketchy rookie QB. :/

They have Doug Martin.


Okay. I was just wondering.

Any Bucs fans: We'll give you Mark Ingram for Muscle Hamster! PLEASE?!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:19 pm
by Psycentric
Luminesa wrote:
United Russian Soviet States wrote:They have Doug Martin.


Okay. I was just wondering.

Any Bucs fans: We'll give you Mark Ingram for Muscle Hamster! PLEASE?!

Why would we get rid of the RB were building around?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:13 pm
by Torisakia
Now Jameis WInston can buy all the crab legs he wants...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:24 pm
by Outer Sparta
With the 2nd overall pick, the Tennessee Titans select Marcus Mariota, QB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:25 pm
by Edward Richtofen
Goodbye future.
Time to burn my bucs jerseys.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:25 pm
by Bythyrona
Outer Sparta wrote:With the 2nd overall pick, the Tennessee Titans select Marcus Mariota, QB

With all the picks in the first round but the first two, Tennessee builds a championship team and doesn't fall a yard short.

EDIT: FUCK NO WHY TITANS WHY DIDNT YOU FUCKING TRADE FUCK FUCK FUCK

...lol rip bucs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:26 pm
by Czesc
Mariota just got drafted, I wish the Eagles drafted him

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:27 pm
by Outer Sparta
I thought the Jets were gonna draft Mariota...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:28 pm
by Outer Sparta
With the 3rd overall pick, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Dante Fowler Jr., OLB.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:29 pm
by Czesc
Outer Sparta wrote:I thought the Jets were gonna draft Mariota...

the eagles need a qb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:34 pm
by Outer Sparta
With the 4th pick of the 2015 Draft, the Oakland Raiders select Amari Cooper, WR.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:36 pm
by Torisakia
I actually wished Oakland had picked someone else in hopes that Atlanta would pick Amari Cooper. Just imagine Amari Cooper and Julio Jones both on the field. Be one hell of a threat.