NATION

PASSWORD

2016 NFL Offseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Will the Broncos make the playoffs in 2016?

Yes
35%
No
28%
The Raiders have a better chance
37%

Total votes : 106

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:08 pm

Former NFL player Darren Sharper is going to prison for 18 years for creating a plot to drug and rape 16 women.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:13 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Maurepas wrote:Speaking of which, Sheldon Rankins broke his fibula, might be going in for surgery, :(

Nick Fairley was probably going to be the starter anyway, but that is a devastating blow nonetheless, he was going to have a big role to play.

Ugh...so 8 weeks or so before he can play. Crud. Get well soon, bruh. :/

Well his prognosis seems to be a bit better, merely 6 weeks is what they're predicting. We'll likely get him back by the Panthers game I think. So not good, obviously, but not as bad as it could be.

Delvin Breaux and Zach Strief gave a bit of a scare, but it was just cramps because they moved practice to Houston for the preseason game Saturday.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:14 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:Former NFL player Darren Sharper is going to prison for 18 years for creating a plot to drug and rape 16 women.

I just don't understand how people do that. It's not like he had a problem picking up chicks, he was a wealthy NFL legend, he had his pick of anyone, and yet he drugs and rapes people? Like, wtf!? :blink:

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Maurepas wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:Former NFL player Darren Sharper is going to prison for 18 years for creating a plot to drug and rape 16 women.

I just don't understand how people do that. It's not like he had a problem picking up chicks, he was a wealthy NFL legend, he had his pick of anyone, and yet he drugs and rapes people? Like, wtf!? :blink:

I think some of these men are just creepy even though they don't need to drug women.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Melon feud
Envoy

Founded: Aug 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Melon feud » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:23 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Maurepas wrote:I just don't understand how people do that. It's not like he had a problem picking up chicks, he was a wealthy NFL legend, he had his pick of anyone, and yet he drugs and rapes people? Like, wtf!? :blink:

I think some of these men are just creepy even though they don't need to drug women.

I don't think you're that far off of the X-ring/bullseye, friend!

Just figure these primo jock tockular /PRIMA-DONNAS have been coddled/ protected by ' overseers so they can produce/ preform!,, when the levey breaks/ they reach ' upper crust status',, they are delusional.

That's my learnered opinion.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:31 pm

Maurepas wrote:

In kindergarten, every child is taught, "Keep your hands to yourself." Some kids take it to heart. Some kids don't. Darren Sharper belongs to the latter half, and I pray that he learns his lesson in jail. :(
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Melon feud
Envoy

Founded: Aug 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Melon feud » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:54 pm

Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:
Melon feud wrote:
RIGHT-ON, BROTHER MAN! (LOL)

Sister-Girl :P

Reading that quote again, now I'm imagining someone fumbling their head. Quite funny! XD

Copy that on the sister!,, I've two older ones myself, in fact my friend, when I was about 13-14 years old I didn't know if my name was queer OR dildo! cuz my sisters were mean and snooty! Prolly cuz I'd chase them around with a dead squirrel and stuff(yeah, I didn't give a shit what they thought about me back then either, LOL.)

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:58 pm

Maurepas wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Ugh...so 8 weeks or so before he can play. Crud. Get well soon, bruh. :/

Well his prognosis seems to be a bit better, merely 6 weeks is what they're predicting. We'll likely get him back by the Panthers game I think. So not good, obviously, but not as bad as it could be.

Delvin Breaux and Zach Strief gave a bit of a scare, but it was just cramps because they moved practice to Houston for the preseason game Saturday.

BREAUX! STRIEF! STAY HEALTHY! DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE!!!
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:02 pm

Melon feud wrote:Well, if yer a true fan of yer team preseason is absolutely a must to follow: simple point of uninterested, I parked the peterbuilt somewhere in the middle of Utah Saturday afternoon and got a $100 room/ 12 pack of buds to watch DALLAS/L.A.,,listen up baby boys and girls "we dem boys" done gots us a back up quarterback in 'Dak'(never got the memo on just how Kellen Moore broke his frickin ankle, anybody know?) Needless to say I was pretty pleased actually SEEING him drilling his first string receivers (not that I approved of them being on the field to begin with,,, that was straight up/ no chaser JERRY JONES flash call putting them in) although I was a bit disappointed not seeing the second coming of EMMET SMITH take the field,, all in all, it was well worth the lay over(their were 2 young couples wanting me to rendezvous at the hot tub around tenish , I told them all I had was my underware,, BOTH chicks said "that's all you need" smiling,,, SHEESE, I went to sleep after the game, woke up around 1 a m.,, you snooze you lose, gentlemen)

(I'm gonna forego the prerequisite Neil young b.s. today)

I wanted the Saints to draft Dak so bad. Kid is gonna be a star and I knew it. I have a few friends who went to Mississippi State for Engineering and so I watched him, and called it. Better than his coach even because he just kept running him up the middle 80 times a game when I've seen him throw and run an offense better than that.

And on the one hand, I'm vindicated to see him perform, but on the other the Saints were rumored to be an interested party and I would've liked to see that happen.

Trumpostan
Minister

Founded: Sep 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumpostan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:13 am

Injury might keep Tom Terrific out of the first 4 regular season games :p

A big FU to BadGoodell, I like it 8)
I do not support Donald J. Trump
Inverted Flag Law: US Code Title 4 Section 8 Paragraph (a): The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
The United States of America has been in a state of dire distress since November 8, 2016. Flying the flag upside down is not only our right, it is our duty!
Make Maine Massachusetts again!

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:08 pm

LeVeon Bell's suspension has been reduced from four games to three.

Kid's talented, he just needs to stay out of trouble, or he'll be the league's next Josh Gordon.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:54 pm

Idzequitch wrote:LeVeon Bell's suspension has been reduced from four games to three.

Kid's talented, he just needs to stay out of trouble, or he'll be the league's next Josh Gordon.

LeVeon Bell can get a suspension reduced after he literally was proven to violate league policy but Tom Brady can't do shit about being suspended because 'it sorta kinda looks bad?' Fucking bullshit.
Bailey Quinn, Nice ta meet ya! (Female Pronouns Please)
Also known as Harley
NS Stats are not used here.
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3
Normal is a setting on the dryer

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:01 pm

I decided to look up the so called butt fumble. Needless to say, my computer screen needed wiping of Pepsi.

Idzequitch wrote:LeVeon Bell's suspension has been reduced from four games to three.

LeVeon Bell can get a suspension reduced after he literally was proven to violate league policy but Tom Brady can't do shit about being suspended because 'it sorta kinda looks bad?' Fucking bullshit.

tbh the commissioner doesn't seem... Good.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:06 pm

Val Halla wrote:

tbh the commissioner doesn't seem... Good.

Not only is Goodell not good, the opposite of good, fucking horrible, and the worst commissioner in history, but if I had to pick between Satan and Goodell, I'd pick fucking Satan.
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:14 pm

Val Halla wrote:tbh the commissioner doesn't seem... Good.

Not only is Goodell not good, the opposite of good, fucking horrible, and the worst commissioner in history, but if I had to pick between Satan and Goodell, I'd pick fucking Satan.

Eh I've known sports with worse bosses.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:16 pm

Val Halla wrote:

Eh I've known sports with worse bosses.

David Stern was pretty far up there by the end.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:10 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Val Halla wrote:Eh I've known sports with worse bosses.

David Stern was pretty far up there by the end.

Yeah. He's no Blatter or Ecclestone, but Stern is probably the worst leader in major American sports history.

Goodell is pretty shit, but he's no David Stern.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:11 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:David Stern was pretty far up there by the end.

Yeah. He's no Blatter or Ecclestone, but Stern is probably the worst leader in major American sports history.

Ooh. Blatter. A guy whose name even suggests that he's full of human waste.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:20 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Val Halla wrote:Yeah. He's no Blatter or Ecclestone, but Stern is probably the worst leader in major American sports history.

I think Ecclestone is worse. $2 billion in tax evasion, $100 million in bribes, praising Hitler, offering leadership to the son of a British fascist leader, suggesting women should only be allowed in F1 if they were "a black girl with super looks, preferably Jewish or Muslim, who speaks Spanish", and strong arming the UK to change rules on tobacco is hard to beat. I don't think a Goodell-Stern mega hybrid could outdo that.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Ooh. Blatter. A guy whose name even suggests that he's full of human waste.

I think Ecclestone is worse. $2 billion in tax evasion, $100 million in bribes, praising Hitler, offering leadership to the son of a British fascist leader, suggesting women should only be allowed in F1 if they were "a black girl with super looks, preferably Jewish or Muslim, who speaks Spanish", and strong arming the UK to change rules on tobacco is hard to beat. I don't think a Goodell-Stern mega hybrid could outdo that.

I had to google him. I literally know nothing about Formula One, but I'll take your word for it.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:31 pm

Val Halla wrote:I decided to look up the so called butt fumble. Needless to say, my computer screen needed wiping of Pepsi.

You'd seriously never seen it? Hell, SportsCenter ran that damn clip almost every day for like a year after it happened.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:37 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Val Halla wrote:I decided to look up the so called butt fumble. Needless to say, my computer screen needed wiping of Pepsi.

You'd seriously never seen it? Hell, SportsCenter ran that damn clip almost every day for like a year after it happened.

I'm not from the US. All I really know about ESPN's sports coverage in the US is how terrible Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless are.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:38 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:You'd seriously never seen it? Hell, SportsCenter ran that damn clip almost every day for like a year after it happened.

I'm not from the US. All I really know about ESPN's sports coverage in the US is how terrible Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless are.

Ah. Well, you're not wrong on that part.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:14 pm

I'm in a fantasy league. I am thinking Luck with my first round pick. Good if he falls to me, right?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Val Halla wrote:Yeah. He's no Blatter or Ecclestone, but Stern is probably the worst leader in major American sports history.

Sepp as in Nazi boi

Blatter as in 'literal bag of piss.'

This guy should defs be trusted!
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General