NATION

PASSWORD

"Santa Claus should be white"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

God Kefka
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby God Kefka » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:21 am

Gauthier wrote:
God Kefka wrote:
Only when something is an artistic and cultural gem should we be concerned about cultural misappropriation...

Translation: If it's a positive image, it belongs to whites. If it's a negative image, the darkies can have it.

It's more like...

''If it's a positive image, we have to be careful not to let other groups culturally misappropriate the image and destroy the roots of the image. If it's a negative image, we are less concerned.''
Art thread
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=261761

''WAIT?! Do I look like a waiter to you?''

God Kefka
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby God Kefka » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:22 am

Nationes Pii Redivivi wrote:
God Kefka wrote:
Only when something is an artistic and cultural gem should we be concerned about cultural misappropriation...

So, something like this:

Isn't an artistic and cultural gem.

But something like this:

is.

what does this have to do with anything?
Art thread

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:23 am

God Kefka wrote:
Gauthier wrote:
Translation: If it's a positive image, it belongs to whites. If it's a negative image, the darkies can have it.

It's more like...

''If it's a positive image, we have to be careful not to let other groups culturally misappropriate the image and destroy the roots of the image. If it's a negative image, we are less concerned.''

So the exact same thing I said.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:25 am

God Kefka wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

It's more like...

You mean like how Europeans portray Jesus as looking European?
Last edited by Norstal on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Nationes Pii Redivivi
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationes Pii Redivivi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:25 am

God Kefka wrote:
Well, fuck me, I've been living in America all my life, and this is the first time I've heard of us being connected to the European continent. Fuck, I think now I'll drive my Car to Paris.

The vast majority of people in America trace their immediate ancestry back to Europe, even today so... culturally they are linked.

How does the fact that many Americans are white suddenly mean that we are culturally European?

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:26 am

God Kefka wrote:
The vast majority of people in America trace their immediate ancestry back to Europe, even today so... culturally they are linked.

How does the fact that many Americans are white suddenly mean that we are culturally European?

It doesn't.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:27 am

God Kefka wrote:

No no, I think we should accept this fact. Americans are culturally European. Europeans are culturally Africans.

See, it all works out. *nods*
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Nationes Pii Redivivi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationes Pii Redivivi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:31 am

God Kefka wrote:

So, something like this:

(Image)

But something like this:

(Image)

is.

Somehow, Madonna and Child, which gets depicted Chinese:

Japanese:

Black:

And Mexican:

is less artistically and culturally important than fucking Santa Claus.

So the Sistine Madonna is somehow less of an 'artistic and cultural' gem than fucking Santa Claus.

Michelangelo's Pieta is nothing compared to God damn fucking Santa Claus.

Leonardo da Vinci, El Greco, Caravaggio, Reuben, and most of Western Art, are dust to the greatness that is fucking Santa Claus.
Last edited by Nationes Pii Redivivi on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nationes Pii Redivivi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationes Pii Redivivi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:38 am

God Kefka wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

It's more like...

We must not let other group misappropriate and destroy the root of Santa. I propose a Saladin-Odin-Alexander cross, just to celebrate his Middle Eastern, Nordic, and Greek roots. Though Alexander is Macedonian isn't he...?

Neuhausen
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neuhausen » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:39 am

Who cares what skin color Santa Claus has?
Last edited by Neuhausen on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:44 am

God Kefka wrote:
It's more like...

We must not let other group misappropriate and destroy the root of Santa. I propose a Saladin-Odin-Alexander cross, just to celebrate his Middle Eastern, Nordic, and Greek roots. Though Alexander is Macedonian isn't he...?

And he can be called Darkie Giftgiver, just so people understand he's not an appropriation of White Santa. *nod*
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Independentiance
Civilian

Founded: Dec 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

You dont need to argue santa doesn't exists

Postby Independentiance » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:46 am

Why are you thinking like a child? >:( There is no santa claus. it is just an imaginary character created by someone. You dont need to argue that santa should be white. That's it. :p

Nationes Pii Redivivi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationes Pii Redivivi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:47 am

Gauthier wrote:

And he can be called Darkie Giftgiver, just so people understand he's not an appropriation of White Santa. *nod*

Well, only if he is depicted as Kali, with the bloody head of Santa Claus held in one arm, and a sword in the other.
Last edited by Nationes Pii Redivivi on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:01 am

he should have green fur, eye stalks, ride on an anti-gravity platform, and stop abusing elves and rain-deer.

why "should" 'he" even HAVE a physical appearance at all?

what is with the rediculous human ego, that spirit things should have to look human, or again even have physical aspects?
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Luveria
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:04 am

Cameroi wrote:he should have green fur, eye stalks, ride on an anti-gravity platform, and stop abusing elves and rain-deer.

what is with the rediculous human ego, that spirit things should have to look human, or again even have physical aspects?

Don't forgot about gods being made in man's image too.

God Kefka
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby God Kefka » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:04 am

Gauthier wrote:

How about ''Dark Giftgiver?'' Hey that's a great name I can use for my next short story antagonist...
Art thread

Rationallia
Attaché

Founded: Aug 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Rationallia » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:12 am

This is stupid.

Santa is traditionally a white guy for the majority of people who celebrate Christmas. Although he is magical, last time I checked he wasn't a human-chameleon hybrid though, so having him as different skin tones is kind of impossible (let's forget every other impossible thing to do with him though). Changing his skin colour (unless it's for comedic or other reasons) is totally unnecessary and actually pointless. Yes he represents a set of ideals, which transcends race, but the fact (or tradition) is that he is a white guy. Same goes for his red/white clothing, his reindeer pulled sleigh & the fact he comes from the North pole. Changing these characteristics for the sake of racial inclusion is dumb and ineffective.

And to those who have been arguing for it, all your arguments have ben pretty crap and basically wrong.

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:13 am

Luveria wrote:
Cameroi wrote:he should have green fur, eye stalks, ride on an anti-gravity platform, and stop abusing elves and rain-deer.

oh ghod, don't get me started on that. depictions of god or gods as having human or humanoid apperance, and there are many of these which predate christianity considerably, suggest to me, if anything, that humans have been consuming psychodellic substances at least as long as they've been practicing agriculture.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

=^^=
.../\...

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:14 am

Rationallia wrote:This is stupid.

Santa is traditionally a white guy for the majority of people who celebrate Christmas. Although he is magical, last time I checked he wasn't a human-chameleon hybrid though, so having him as different skin tones is kind of impossible (let's forget every other impossible thing to do with him though). Changing his skin colour (unless it's for comedic or other reasons) is totally unnecessary and actually pointless. Yes he represents a set of ideals, which transcends race, but the fact (or tradition) is that he is a white guy. Same goes for his red/white clothing, his reindeer pulled sleigh & the fact he comes from the North pole. Changing these characteristics for the sake of racial inclusion is dumb and ineffective.

And to those who have been arguing for it, all your arguments have ben pretty crap and basically wrong.

Because hey, Christmas has always been a White Man's Burden. *nod* Gotta take time and resources off to appease those darkie mongrel children.

God Kefka
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby God Kefka » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:17 am

Gauthier wrote:

Because hey, Christmas has always been a White Man's Burden. *nod* Gotta take time and resources off to appease those darkie mongrel children.

Santa has always been white as far the canon goes... hate to break it to you. Just like how fairies, pixies, and elves are white you know... European legends...
Art thread

Luveria
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:17 am

Cameroi wrote:
Luveria wrote:

oh ghod, don't get me started on that. depictions of god or gods as having human or humanoid apperance, and there are many of these which predate christianity considerably, suggest to me, if anything, that humans have been consuming psychodellic substances at least as long as they've been practicing agriculture.

It's not only gods. It's mythological creatures too such as elves, dwarves, and gnomes having mostly been variations of humans.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:18 am

Santa is traditionally a white guy for the majority of people who celebrate Christmas.

For the majority of white people who celebrate Christmas. In other cultures he has other skintones; and which skintone has the majority is an interesting question. Remember: there are a lot of Asians.

And traditionally Santa is invisible. Which means he could be a pink fluffy unicorn.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:19 am

God Kefka wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Santa has always been white as far the canon goes... hate to break it to you. Just like how fairies, pixies, and elves are white you know... European legends...

You should complain to those people who dared to let Morgan Freeman play God. *nod*

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:20 am

God Kefka wrote:

So, something like this:

But something like this:

is.

what it has to do with, is illustrating the pointlessness and idiot city, of the topic.

=^^=
.../\...

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:20 am

God Kefka wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Actually, greenskinned pixies, faeries and elves are quite common in mythology.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General