NATION

PASSWORD

What gender do you identify with?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What gender do you identify with?

Man
74%
Woman
14%
Other
11%

Total votes : 472

Luveria
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:56 am

Occupied Deutschland wrote:
Luveria wrote:
Nah, if the woman is infertile then they can't be allowed to marry, because marriage is only for the purposes of reproductive sex.

Not seeing how the sarcastic remark is related.

The usual homophobia and transphobia that enters these kind of threads.

Freelanderness wrote:
Safi wrote:I'm completely male but how would you fit in if you were a male with female qualities or vice versa.

Male, but feminine male.

Idk, the distinctions seem a little silly. I'm quite masculine myself, but also perform femininity well. Eh.

I categorize it by appearance and little more. If someone looks like a feminine male, I consider them to be a feminine male.

As for identifying as a gender, if someone identifies as a male they are a male regardless of if they are feminine or masculine, as those are traits and not a gender identity.
Last edited by Luveria on Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:57 am

Luveria wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:Not seeing how the sarcastic remark is related.

O-kay.
Not seeing the relation to what I said. But O-kay. :meh:
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:59 am

Luveria wrote:

O-kay.

There was none. It's just that whenever someone mentions an argument like the one you were indirectly replying to:

The Unified Citizen Front wrote:Gender and sex are both useless.

People should be registered by two terms:

Can make babby.

Can't make babby.

I identify as can't make babby, because I do not have the proper equipment required to do so.

If I want babby in future, I seek someone who wants to make babby and identifies as can make babby.

If not, I seek whomever applies.

I can't help but expect the usual barrage of arguments justifying those views by people who believe such things.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:01 am

Luveria wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:O-kay.

There was none. It's just that whenever someone mentions an argument like the one you were indirectly replying to:

The Unified Citizen Front wrote:Gender and sex are both useless.

People should be registered by two terms:

Can make babby.

Can't make babby.

I identify as can't make babby, because I do not have the proper equipment required to do so.

If I want babby in future, I seek someone who wants to make babby and identifies as can make babby.

If not, I seek whomever applies.

I can't help but expect the usual barrage of arguments justifying those views by people who believe such things.

Ah, gotcha.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:05 am

Luveria wrote:

Ah, gotcha.

Personally I find it a bit creepy that someone would categorize women entirely by their fertility, rather than any other feature.

Also, their transphobic argument horribly backfires on them because transgender men like Thomas Beatie can have babies, so Mr Beatie would go into the "can have babies category despite looking like a man."

That means he's clearly dating material for The United Citizen Front since the only thing that matters to him is if his partner can have babies.

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:05 am

Luveria wrote:
Freelanderness wrote:Male, but feminine male.

Idk, the distinctions seem a little silly. I'm quite masculine myself, but also perform femininity well. Eh.

I categorize it by appearance and little more. If someone looks like a feminine male, I consider them to be a feminine male.

As for identifying as a gender, if someone identifies as a male they are a male regardless of if they are feminine or masculine, as those are traits and not a gender identity.

Yes, but I mean in how certain traits are feminine and certain traits are masculine. It makes zero sense to me.
. ♕ I am your LORD and saviour, for I am Jesus Christina Confess your sins, and ye shall be forgiven. ❤ .
One of Le Sexiest NSers 2013. Call me ¡¥. Now a fascist because rape is bad, mmkay.
Meet the TET Pantheon
"What I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you cry with you or kiss you, I love you." - Evey (V for Vendetta)
Alleniana wrote:
New Manvir wrote:Well, it's obvious the Native Americans didn't really have a history. They were just loafing about, waiting for some white people to show up so the real fun could start.

The party don't start till I walk in
-Tik Tok, by Christopher Columbus

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:07 am

Freelanderness wrote:
Luveria wrote:

Yes, but I mean in how certain traits are feminine and certain traits are masculine. It makes zero sense to me.

It's based on sexism more than anything else. Being pretty is feminine, being aggressive is masculine, etc.

Gallowfield
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallowfield » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:08 am

Freelanderness wrote:
Luveria wrote:

It's all cultural. A masculine behavior in one culture is feminine in another, for the most part
Facts are arbitrary. Pleasure is the only truth.
I worship tea.
Here's why I prefer strength over brains- beating a computer at chess is hard, but beating a computer at kickboxing is something anyone can do.
Violence isn't the answer. It's a question and the answer is yes.

Someday, I shall meet Lian and learn the ways of Chinese martial arts, or die trying. More likely the latter, admittedly.

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:08 am

Luveria wrote:
Freelanderness wrote:Yes, but I mean in how certain traits are feminine and certain traits are masculine. It makes zero sense to me.

It's based on sexism more than anything else. Being pretty is feminine, being aggressive is masculine, etc.

Precisely. I feel like it's a silly method of distinguishing. Gender to me seems like something entirely separate.
. ♕ I am your LORD and saviour, for I am Jesus Christina Confess your sins, and ye shall be forgiven. ❤ .
One of Le Sexiest NSers 2013. Call me ¡¥. Now a fascist because rape is bad, mmkay.
Meet the TET Pantheon
"What I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you cry with you or kiss you, I love you." - Evey (V for Vendetta)
Alleniana wrote:
New Manvir wrote:Well, it's obvious the Native Americans didn't really have a history. They were just loafing about, waiting for some white people to show up so the real fun could start.

Gallowfield
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallowfield » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:09 am

Freelanderness wrote:
Luveria wrote:

Precisely. I feel like it's a silly method of distinguishing. Gender to me seems like something entirely separate.

I agree. Not only is that logical, but too many girly things are too awesome for me to miss out on :p
I worship tea.
Here's why I prefer strength over brains- beating a computer at chess is hard, but beating a computer at kickboxing is something anyone can do.

Someday, I shall meet Lian and learn the ways of Chinese martial arts, or die trying. More likely the latter, admittedly.

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:10 am

Gallowfield wrote:
Freelanderness wrote:Precisely. I feel like it's a silly method of distinguishing. Gender to me seems like something entirely separate.

I agree. Not only is that logical, but too many girly things are too awesome for me to miss out on :p

Let's get our nails did.
Meet the TET Pantheon
Alleniana wrote:

Gallowfield
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallowfield » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:12 am

Freelanderness wrote:
Gallowfield wrote:

Let's get our nails did.

My nails are busted up from manual labor. However, we could go shopping for some cute boots after yoga class :lol:
I worship tea.

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:12 am

Freelanderness wrote:
Gallowfield wrote:

Let's get our nails did.

I would prefer clothing and cosmetics were gender neutral. Most males feel pressured to miss out on being pretty.

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:32 am

Safi wrote:I'm completely male but how would you fit in if you were a male with female qualities or vice versa.

Define "female qualities", because at this point I'm pretty sure every quality in existence has been ascribed to the female gender. In the books I've read, whose age ranges from 500-year-old to 50-year-old, people have simultaneously ascribed softness and harshness, coldness and warmth, gregariousness and loneliness, vengefulness and forgiveness to be feminine qualities.
Kosovo is Morrowind. N'wah.
Impeach Dagoth Ur, legalise Daedra worship, the Empire is theft. Nerevarine 3E 427.

Pros: Dunmeri independence, abolition of the Empire, the Daedra, Morag Tong, House Redoran, Ashlander interests, abolitionism, Dissident Priests, canonisation of St. Jiub the Cliff Racer Slayer.
Cons: Imperials, the Empire, the False Tribunal, Dagoth Ur, House Hlaalu, Imperials, the Eight Divines, "Talos", "Nords", Imperial unionism, Imperials.

I am a: Social Democrat | Bright green | Republican | Intersectional feminist | Civic nationalist | Multiculturalist
(and i blatantly stole this from Old Tyrannia)

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:34 am

Arglorand wrote:

Define "female qualities", because at this point I'm pretty sure every quality in existence has been ascribed to the female gender. In the books I've read, whose age ranges from 500-year-old to 50-year-old, people have simultaneously ascribed softness and harshness, coldness and warmth, gregariousness and loneliness, vengefulness and forgiveness to be feminine qualities.

AKA: sexism, and stereotypes.

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:35 am

Luveria wrote:
Arglorand wrote:Define "female qualities", because at this point I'm pretty sure every quality in existence has been ascribed to the female gender. In the books I've read, whose age ranges from 500-year-old to 50-year-old, people have simultaneously ascribed softness and harshness, coldness and warmth, gregariousness and loneliness, vengefulness and forgiveness to be feminine qualities.

Aye. It's like people only talk to one person of the opposite gender and formulate silly idiotic ideas about how every other woman in the world is the same.
Kosovo is Morrowind. N'wah.
Impeach Dagoth Ur, legalise Daedra worship, the Empire is theft. Nerevarine 3E 427.

Pros: Dunmeri independence, abolition of the Empire, the Daedra, Morag Tong, House Redoran, Ashlander interests, abolitionism, Dissident Priests, canonisation of St. Jiub the Cliff Racer Slayer.
Cons: Imperials, the Empire, the False Tribunal, Dagoth Ur, House Hlaalu, Imperials, the Eight Divines, "Talos", "Nords", Imperial unionism, Imperials.

I am a: Social Democrat | Bright green | Republican | Intersectional feminist | Civic nationalist | Multiculturalist
(and i blatantly stole this from Old Tyrannia)

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:38 am

Arglorand wrote:
Luveria wrote:

Aye. It's like people only talk to one person of the opposite gender and formulate silly idiotic ideas about how every other woman in the world is the same.

That is why I categorize 'feminine" and "masculine" by appearance and nothing more. If a male almost looks like a girl, I will consider them to be a feminine male. If a beefy and aggressive gay male is emotionally sensitive, I'm not going to say they are a feminine male if by their appearance they are more masculine than most straight males could be.

Crownariam
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Crownariam » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:21 am

Luveria wrote:
Arglorand wrote:Aye. It's like people only talk to one person of the opposite gender and formulate silly idiotic ideas about how every other woman in the world is the same.

That is why I categorize 'feminine" and "masculine" by appearance and nothing more. If a male almost looks like a girl, I will consider them to be a feminine male. If a beefy and aggressive gay male is emotionally sensitive, I'm not going to say they are a feminine male if by their appearance they are more masculine than most straight males could be.

That makes sense to me.

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:25 am

Man, but sometimes I just say guy in case if in not sure

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General