NATION

PASSWORD

What gender do you identify with?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What gender do you identify with?

Man
74%
Woman
14%
Other
11%

Total votes : 472

Luveria
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:49 am

The Carlisle wrote:
EUstan wrote:Gender=sex.

No offence.

Jews= Userers

No offense

The purpose of saying "no offense" is when a person is being intentionally offensive and doesn't want to be called out on it.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:51 am

Luveria wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Jews= Userers

No offense

The purpose of saying "no offense" is when a person is being intentionally offensive and doesn't want to be called out on it.

I'm not sure if your quoting my post as an example or trying to correct me.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:52 am

The Carlisle wrote:
Luveria wrote:

I'm not sure if your quoting my post as an example or trying to correct me.

As an example. I'm letting EUstan know I see through his act.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:55 am

Luveria wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:I'm not sure if your quoting my post as an example or trying to correct me.

Oh. My time on general has made me panicky. Each time I see my post quoted on here, I think "What did I do?!"
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

The Emerald Dawn
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dawn » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:56 am

The Carlisle wrote:
Luveria wrote:

Oh. My time on general has made me panicky. Each time I see my post quoted on here, I think "What did I do?!"

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID.

Lies and Ignorance
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lies and Ignorance » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:57 am

I mean, to literally claim that gender equals sex is to fly in the face of almost everything we know in human anthropology, sociology, archaeology, and psychology. I don't get it.

You can even point to everyday events and show people the distinction between gender and sex. It's pretty much common sense that they're different. (i.e. intersex individuals conforming to one of society's two primary genders despite not biologically matching it, or women who have hysterectomies continuing to be women, etc)
✡☭♀

EUstan
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby EUstan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:59 am

Luveria wrote:..

The case of David Reimer prooves that gender is not something learned but it is something natural.

Transsexual people are just suffering from gender indentity disorder, which does not make them evil people but rather some who need medical help.

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:59 am

The Carlisle wrote:
Luveria wrote:

Two counts of flaming, four counts of trolling, one count of flamebaiting, and two counts of spamming moderation.

Your sentence will be 90 days in the slammer.

Lies and Ignorance wrote:I mean, to literally claim that gender equals sex is to fly in the face of almost everything we know in human anthropology, sociology, archaeology, and psychology. I don't get it.

You can even point to everyday events and show people the distinction between gender and sex. It's pretty much common sense that they're different. (i.e. intersex individuals conforming to one of society's two primary genders despite not biologically matching it, or women who have hysterectomies continuing to be women, etc)

To the people who have the belief gender is sex, then they must admit intersex people have two genders by their reasoning, regardless of which gender intersex people identify as.

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 pm

EUstan wrote:

The case of David Reimer prooves that gender is not something learned but it is something natural.

Transsexual people are just suffering from gender indentity disorder, which does not make them evil people but rather some who need medical help.

Is there a reason you edited out my post?

The Emerald Dawn
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dawn » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 pm

EUstan wrote:

I know what all of these words mean individually, but I have no fucking clue what this is saying as a whole.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:01 pm

EUstan wrote:

The case of David Reimer really only proves that David Reimer identified as a male.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

EUstan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby EUstan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:
EUstan wrote:

The case of David Reimer really only proves that David Reimer identified as a male.

The doctor who treated him wanted to proove whether is gender learned or not. He was dissapointed as the result gave other than he expected.

Gallowfield
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallowfield » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Neoliberal Hellhole of Rio de Janeiro wrote:
Gallowfield wrote:My gender means nothing to me.

Woah, this place has way more fellow demigendered closer-to-cis/agender-intergendered people* than what I thought.

* Yes, in the Western world, this is a relatively accurate explanation of the mindset of those who have gender = human or gender = yourself, IMHO, and since "human" and "yourself" aren't tagged in our culture to any biological sex... people like us are genderqueer or non-binary, and thus sort of trans* people.

I go by male because my body is very much male and I don't object to being called a man, but if someone said I were feminine I wouldn't take it as an insult
Facts are arbitrary. Pleasure is the only truth.
I worship tea.
Here's why I prefer strength over brains- beating a computer at chess is hard, but beating a computer at kickboxing is something anyone can do.
Violence isn't the answer. It's a question and the answer is yes.

Someday, I shall meet Lian and learn the ways of Chinese martial arts, or die trying. More likely the latter, admittedly.

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:09 pm

EUstan wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:The case of David Reimer really only proves that David Reimer identified as a male.

The doctor who treated him wanted to proove whether is gender learned or not. He was dissapointed as the result gave other than he expected.

So you have one example? That's nice. It takes more than one example for something to be proven or disproven.

EUstan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby EUstan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Luveria wrote:
EUstan wrote:The doctor who treated him wanted to proove whether is gender learned or not. He was dissapointed as the result gave other than he expected.

So you have one example? That's nice. It takes more than one example for something to be proven or disproven.

There is also no examples that prooves that gender is learned, since it is very unethical to experiment on people.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:11 pm

EUstan wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:The case of David Reimer really only proves that David Reimer identified as a male.

That's all fine.
But it's one case. For something like that, one would need a multitude of such cases.

Besides that, all it proves is that Reimer identified as male. It doesn't bear any connection to trans* individuals as they may identify as either one.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:11 pm

EUstan wrote:
Luveria wrote:

There is also no examples that prooves that gender is learned, since it is very unethical to experiment on people.

So you admit you have nothing either way? Then why bring it up?

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:13 pm

EUstan wrote:

Regardless of whether it's learned or not, people have a right to be who they are, as long as they aren't hurting themselves or others.

Why would someone need medical help? Sending the message that there's something innately wrong with him/her just because of who he/she is causes far more problems than just letting people be.

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:13 pm

The Emerald Dawn wrote:
EUstan wrote:

I know what all of these words mean individually, but I have no fucking clue what this is saying as a whole.

I'm lost too.

EUstan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby EUstan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:13 pm

Luveria wrote:
EUstan wrote:There is also no examples that prooves that gender is learned, since it is very unethical to experiment on people.

No, I said that your side has not any example that show that you are right. It is unetchical to experiment on people and Reimer was used in the experiment because his parents were forced to do so.

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:16 pm

EUstan wrote:
Luveria wrote:

No, I said that your side has not any example that show that you are right. It is unetchical to experiment on people and Reimer was used in the experiment because his parents were forced to do so.

What side is mine? What are my beliefs? How would you know when I haven't said it in this thread...? What's with this "your side" rhetoric?

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:19 pm

EUstan wrote:
Luveria wrote:

I'm very confused by this.

Murbleflip
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Murbleflip » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:19 pm

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Conkerials wrote:Shoot, you got me there.

We have an artists impression of Conkerials here....

Conkerials! Show us the artistic alchemy technique that has been passed down in your family for generations!
Last edited by Murbleflip on the day when the swirly creatures invaded the earth, edited too many times to count.

Ximea wrote:This is somepony's fetish, but I don't know whose...

It turned out to be the Time Alliance's.
Greater Istanistan wrote:the Eldar, an ancient race, had too much sex and woke a dark god.
The UK in Exile wrote: It's perfectly logical if you hit yourself several times round the head with the daily mail.

I shall approach the art of bantering with renewed vigour. - Mr Stevens, The Remains of the Day

United British Union wrote:Never talk to me again

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Aeken wrote:
EUstan wrote:No, I said that your side has not any example that show that you are right. It is unetchical to experiment on people and Reimer was used in the experiment because his parents were forced to do so.

I'm very confused by this.

If I'm not mistaken, EUstan is using 'YOU'RE AGAINST ME SO CLEARLY YOU'RE PART OF THEIR SIDE!" when there has been nothing to indicate which "side" I'm on, or what my beliefs are as I haven't mentioned it anywhere...
Last edited by Luveria on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:22 pm

I identify as male, though I was a little confused a while back with what I wanted to be. I'm still bisexual, but I like my boy/girl relationship right now. It's too romantic and exciting to want to be with anyone else.
Divair wrote:Hladcore.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're a nut. I like that.
Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Anti: ignorance and intolerance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." -Stephen Hawking

"The purpose of our life is to be happy." -Dali Lama

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide." -Gandhi

"Don't worry, be happy!" -Bobby McFerrin

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General