NATION

PASSWORD

Top Anti-Gay Group Attempts Public Meeting Over LGBT Rights

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:45 am

Tsmida Eri wrote:These people are fools if they think this will work, Liberalism has already destroyed America, there's no going back now. We're doomed to be a nation of ignorance and chaos, a true anarchy if ever there was one. At least countries like Russia are still sensible and enlightened... for the moment.

Perhaps you should double check. As I was last aware, Russia has an abysmal human rights record, poor civil rights, and was lagging far behind the States. Furthermore, I could have sworn the US still existed, and benefits from its arena of political difference.

Resora
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Resora » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:46 am

Tsmida Eri wrote:These people are fools if they think this will work, Liberalism has already destroyed America, there's no going back now. We're doomed to be a nation of ignorance and chaos, a true anarchy if ever there was one. At least countries like Russia are still sensible and enlightened... for the moment.

If only it would lead towards anarchism...that would be a massive step in the right direction.
The history of progress is written in the blood of men and women who have dared to espouse an unpopular cause.

Member of the Free Communists (District 108)
Left/Right: -10.00
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.45
Alternate Test
Political Views

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:47 am

Franklin Delano Bluth wrote:No, it's not okay because their opinion directly causes harm to others.

This is not difficult.

Bluth, stop. It's not harmful. It's stupid, it's immature, it's juvenile and it's irrational, but it's not harmful. Harmful would be the senators listening to them and trying to "do what Russia did" as they seem to want. You are not a champion of freedom if you think that this is okay to ban. That's a fucking thought crime.
password scrambled

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:47 am

Lost heros wrote:

What? How will allowing gays getting married lead to anarchy?

Because using the legislative process to increase civil rights in a democratic way is totes chaotic, lmao.

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:49 am

The Truth and Light wrote:

Perhaps you should double check. As I was last aware, Russia has an abysmal human rights record, poor civil rights, and was lagging far behind the States. Furthermore, I could have sworn the US still existed, and benefits from its arena of political difference.

"I am a devout Christian, a Fascist, a Conservative, and a Patriotic American. Get over it."

Don't even bother, he's already drinking more kool-aid than all the members of the Peoples Temple.
password scrambled

Lost heros
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost heros » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:49 am

The Truth and Light wrote:
Lost heros wrote:What? How will allowing gays getting married lead to anarchy?

Because using the legislative process to increase civil rights in a democratic way is totes chaotic, lmao.

Oh yeah. How could I forget?
Last edited by Lost Heros on Sun Mar 6, 2016 12:00, edited 173 times in total.

You can send me a TG. I won't mind.

"The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot." - Salvador Dali

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:49 am

Tsmida Eri wrote:
Menassa wrote:By allowing homosexuals to have rights we will be doomed?

What's the math there?

There is no math there, because that's not math. You're not making any sense.

And yes, we will be doomed, doomed to be a cesspool of ignorance to how things are supposed to work, a breeding pit for sin, a nation for Satan.

Okay, so the problem with allowing homosexual rights is it will increase sin?
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Soul Edge
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soul Edge » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:53 am

Condunum wrote:"I am a devout Christian, a Fascist, a Conservative, and a Patriotic American. Get over it."

You could make the Starbursts commercial with that sort of contradiction.
-Crap signature is crap-

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:58 am

Soul Edge wrote:
Condunum wrote:"I am a devout Christian, a Fascist, a Conservative, and a Patriotic American. Get over it."

There is already a commercial for that, it is called the tea party movement. :p

But in all seriousness, let people to believe whatever they wish; laughs are free. :lol:
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Wikipedia and Universe
Senator

Founded: Jul 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikipedia and Universe » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:58 am

Let them exercise their rights to free speech and assembly. Then, sit back and laugh at their impending failure. It isn't as though they're lobbying anyone who isn't in line with them to begin with.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, if they get pissed, they'll be a mile away- and barefoot.
Proud Member and Co-Founder of the MDISC Alliance
An ODECON Naval Analyst wrote:Superior tactics and training can in fact triumph over force of numbers and missile spam.
Bottle wrote:This is not rocket surgery, folks.
Senestrum wrote:This is relativity, the theory that takes everything we know about the world, bends it over, and fucks it to death with a spiked dildo.

Gallup
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallup » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:02 pm

This OP is as balanced as me while ice skating. This bias is so thick you need a knife to cut it.
Economic Left/Right: 6.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.92
NSG's Official Hero of Kvatch and Prophet of NSG
Have you seen Evita? Best musical ever.
╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong Argonian maid ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no Nord ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Gallup wrote:This OP is as balanced as me while ice skating. This bias is so thick you need a knife to cut it.

Bias towards reality is generally a good thing.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Gallup wrote:This OP is as balanced as me while ice skating. This bias is so thick you need a knife to cut it.

Well, yeah. It's an opinion post with a protocol at the end to share agreements and/or misgivings.

Gallup
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallup » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Threlizdun wrote:

Hah. Never heard that before. Ever.

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:10 pm

Gallup wrote:
Threlizdun wrote:Bias towards reality is generally a good thing.

Hah. Never heard that before. Ever.

You could learn from their example. That, or you could continue to deny that the psychiatric community actually knows anything about mental health.
She/they

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Caecuser
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:10 pm

Tsmida Eri wrote:
Menassa wrote:By allowing homosexuals to have rights we will be doomed?

What's the math there?

And yes, we will be doomed, doomed to be a cesspool of ignorance to how things are supposed to work, a breeding pit for sin, a nation for Satan.

There is no set and permanent "way that things are supposed to work" despite what your faith might tell you. I don't care if allowing Human rights is making America or other countries "nations of Satan" because Satan does not exist.

The religious viewpoint taken to this extreme is outdated and useless - utterly trivial in the amount of importance it should have because it is not grounded in reality.

Gallup
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallup » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:11 pm

Threlizdun wrote:
Gallup wrote:Hah. Never heard that before. Ever.

You could learn from their example. That, or you could continue to deny that the psychiatric community actually knows anything about mental health.

I said that when?

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:13 pm

Caecuser wrote:
Tsmida Eri wrote:

There is no set and permanent "way that things are supposed to work" despite what your faith might tell you. I don't care if allowing Human rights is making America or other countries "nations of Satan" because Satan does not exist.

The religious viewpoint taken to this extreme is outdated and useless - utterly trivial in the amount of importance it should have because it is not grounded in reality.

In any case, Satan is a servant of God... so it would be a nation of God... which I assume our friend would want.
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:37 pm

Gallup wrote:
Threlizdun wrote:You could learn from their example. That, or you could continue to deny that the psychiatric community actually knows anything about mental health.

I said that when?

When you have routinely rejected trans rights and declared sources supporting them to be unfairly biased.
She/they

Saveyou Island
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saveyou Island » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:47 pm

So, because we are now treating people equally, we're doomed to chaos?
Ambassador Jack Fort, author of GA#264
Anything I posted before 2016 is stupid and should be ignored. That partially includes GA 264.

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:47 pm

Threlizdun wrote:

I wouldn't call demanding the squelching of rights a good thing.
Last edited by Condunum on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
password scrambled

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:55 pm

Threlizdun wrote:
Gallup wrote:I said that when?

When you have routinely rejected trans rights and declared sources supporting them to be unfairly biased.

Woah, what the fuck? Do a little bit of research on the poster first. On a quick* search of his posts, transsexual doesn't pop up once, and his only mentioning of his position when trans is hilited is "I'm on the fence about Trans issues, but at least I [now] know more" and "To me, Having a penis = Being Male. I need to read up more about gender, though."

Literally not at all an aggressive or anti-trans stance, just one where he openly acknowledges he doesn't know much about the issue.

*typo edited
Last edited by Condunum on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
password scrambled

ALMF
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ALMF » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Arcadonisia wrote:
ALMF wrote:If true, then religion is a crime agenst humanity that should be excised.

I wouldn't say religion is a crime against humanity..just the people who abuse it for their own agenda are.

I said IF what the poster said was true.
a left social libertarian (all on a scale 0-10 with a direction: 0 centrist 10 extreme)
Left over right: 5.99
Libertarian over authoritarian: 4.2,
non-interventionist over neo-con: 5.14
Cultural liberal over cultural conservative: 7.6

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 16 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 5 percent are more extremist than you.

Conservative Conservationists
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative Conservationists » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:18 pm

So the OP is concerned that someone with a different opinion than their own gets to express it. Either ban all groups from contacting politicians or ban none.
People have different points of view, get over it.

ALMF
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ALMF » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Soul Edge wrote:
Condunum wrote:"I am a devout Christian, a Fascist, a Conservative, and a PatrioticNationalistic American. Get over it."

contradiction fixed.
a left social libertarian (all on a scale 0-10 with a direction: 0 centrist 10 extreme)
Left over right: 5.99
Libertarian over authoritarian: 4.2,
non-interventionist over neo-con: 5.14
Cultural liberal over cultural conservative: 7.6

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 16 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 5 percent are more extremist than you.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General