NATION

PASSWORD

How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Gun Manufacturers
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9326
Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:03 pm

Icelavic wrote:
Maurepas wrote:
Bavin wrote:How about if you are more heavily armed then the Vatican Guards...

The real question is, Who shouldnt be more heavily armed than the Vatican Guards? Dont they use swords and spears?

I believe the ceremonial swill guards have pikes. The real ones are packing shit.


EW! :shock:
Any accident you can walk away from is one I can laugh at.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...


Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo


Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.


Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 100228
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Gun Manufacturers wrote:
Icelavic wrote:
Maurepas wrote:The real question is, Who shouldnt be more heavily armed than the Vatican Guards? Dont they use swords and spears?

I believe the ceremonial swill guards have pikes. The real ones are packing shit.


EW! :shock:

Well, the ceremonial ones are guarding swill ...
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Indri
Secretary
 
Posts: 36
Founded: Aug 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Indri » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:48 pm

Maurepas wrote:Depends, I would say the government has no right to take your guns away....

However if your arsenal starts to out step the US military, then there are problems...

Why? The whole point of the 2nd Amendment had nothing to do with protecting hunters' right to a single bolt-action rifle or pump shotty, it was meant to protect the people's right to revolt against the government if it ever overstepped it's bounds. That's what the whole "well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state" thing was about. They knew that you need a formal military or you'll get invaded by every dictator wanting to expand their empire so they made the right to own and use the same weapons carried and used by militia forces a right that the state militia could never take away. Everyone should be able to own a fucking tank if they can afford it and don't use it to rob banks.

User avatar
NERVUN
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 29372
Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Right-wing Utopia

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby NERVUN » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Secruss wrote:To Cat-Tribe:
*snip the silly image*

:palm:

I love it how people just ignore history and torture cause and effect, don't you?
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

User avatar
Gun Manufacturers
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9326
Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Off topic, but with all the mention of tanks, I've been wondering something: What would a Suburban body on an Abrams chassis be like? If you skeletonized the Abrams chassis, it should be a bit faster than a stock Abrams and have more seating, while having better off road ability than a suburban as well. But what would it ride like?
Any accident you can walk away from is one I can laugh at.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...


Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo


Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.


Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

User avatar
Saige Dragon
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1202
Founded: Dec 06, 2003
Ex-Nation

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Saige Dragon » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Gun Manufacturers wrote:Off topic, but with all the mention of tanks, I've been wondering something: What would a Suburban body on an Abrams chassis be like? If you skeletonized the Abrams chassis, it should be a bit faster than a stock Abrams and have more seating, while having better off road ability than a suburban as well. But what would it ride like?


Fun as hell but they ride like shit on anything less than mud or snow.

Image

User avatar
Gun Manufacturers
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9326
Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:00 pm

Saige Dragon wrote:
Gun Manufacturers wrote:Off topic, but with all the mention of tanks, I've been wondering something: What would a Suburban body on an Abrams chassis be like? If you skeletonized the Abrams chassis, it should be a bit faster than a stock Abrams and have more seating, while having better off road ability than a suburban as well. But what would it ride like?


Fun as hell but they ride like shit on anything less than mud or snow.

http://image.internetautoguide.com/f/au ... tracks.jpg


That's not what I'm talking about. I mean, rip the turret off the Abrams, and replace it with the Suburban body (bonus points if the Suburban body can rotate on the Abrams chassis like the turret can).
Last edited by Gun Manufacturers on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any accident you can walk away from is one I can laugh at.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...


Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo


Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.


Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

User avatar
Saige Dragon
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1202
Founded: Dec 06, 2003
Ex-Nation

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Saige Dragon » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:15 pm

Gun Manufacturers wrote:That's not what I'm talking about. I mean, rip the turret off the Abrams, and replace it with the Suburban body (bonus points if the Suburban body can rotate on the Abrams chassis like the turret can).


I know, that's just the closest thing to what you're getting at that's street legal as far as I know.

User avatar
Gun Manufacturers
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9326
Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:16 pm

Saige Dragon wrote:
Gun Manufacturers wrote:That's not what I'm talking about. I mean, rip the turret off the Abrams, and replace it with the Suburban body (bonus points if the Suburban body can rotate on the Abrams chassis like the turret can).


I know, that's just the closest thing to what you're getting at that's street legal as far as I know.


Ah, ok.
Any accident you can walk away from is one I can laugh at.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...


Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo


Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.


Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

User avatar
Jahka
Attaché
 
Posts: 92
Founded: Apr 22, 2008
Capitalizt

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Jahka » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:23 pm

Maurepas wrote:
Icelavic wrote:
Bavin wrote:The real question is, Who shouldnt be more heavily armed than the Vatican Guards? Dont they use swords and spears?

I believe the ceremonial swill guards have pikes. The real ones are packing shit.


EW! :shock:

:lol:

You bet. They smell terrible.

User avatar
Coringstadt
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: May 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Coringstadt » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:30 pm

Gun Control requires a balance in policy. Both a left-wing Ban Gun policy fails, as then people feel insecure, and are more likely to be killed when a robber brings a gun, which one can get a gun, they can make one, they can steal one from a cop, or a security guard, unless you ban guns from them, which means that cops cant be as effective to enforce the law (this scenario being vindicated in the UK), and crime goes up, and it's clearly against the 2nd Amendment.

You Cant fully loosen tension on guns, that means guns are way too accessible, and the world turns into a game of "Grand Theft Auto IV" where guns are everywhere, and murderers and psychopaths wont be afraid if you have a gun, that doesnt alway work, their psycho's, they like that.

You need to make guns as accessible to hunter's, and people who want to be secure, while concurrently keeping them out of the hands of psychopaths. You definetly need background checks, and gun registration, but that is really it. I am for the moderate approach, to limit the limitation you can place on the sale of weapons.

User avatar
Bluth Corporation
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6849
Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Bluth Corporation » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:43 pm

Galloism wrote:All governments levy taxes in some form or another.


Not necessarily. A government that operates without taxes is perfectly conceivable, and perfectly possible.
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X


You should really be using Slackware

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59419
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Galloism » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:44 pm

Bluth Corporation wrote:
Galloism wrote:All governments levy taxes in some form or another.


Not necessarily. A government that operates without taxes is perfectly conceivable, and perfectly possible.


Then explain how it would be possible. Also, if there was one example in history at all, it would lend credence to the idea that it's possible.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Bluth Corporation
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6849
Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Bluth Corporation » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:46 pm

Coringstadt wrote:You definetly need background checks, and gun registration, but that is really it.


Not acceptable; when it comes time to revolt the government in power will have much too easy a time tracking everyone down who might pose a threat.
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X


You should really be using Slackware

User avatar
Bluth Corporation
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6849
Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Bluth Corporation » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:46 pm

Galloism wrote:
Der Teutoniker wrote:So, you're saying that because all governments currently levy taxes, that the only governemnt possible, ever, would have to levy taxes? No situation could ever occur in which a government did not levy taxes? That seems to be a bit of a stretch.


Explain, on even a basic level, how a government can operate without taking in any income.


Who's saying it could or should?
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X


You should really be using Slackware

User avatar
Bluth Corporation
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6849
Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Bluth Corporation » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:49 pm

Galloism wrote:Then explain how it would be possible.


Lots of ways; what follows is by no means an exhaustive list:
Seizure of assets of convicted criminals
Putting said criminals to work
Government-operated business concerns, provided the government doesn't use its status as such to gain a market position it would otherwise not have.

Remember, too, that the budget for a proper government is nowhere near what the current U.S. government's budget is.
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X


You should really be using Slackware

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59419
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Galloism » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:52 pm

Bluth Corporation wrote:
Galloism wrote:Then explain how it would be possible.


Lots of ways; what follows is by no means an exhaustive list:


Yay, let's break it down.

Seizure of assets of convicted criminals


What about the families of those convicted criminals? What about wife, children, etc? Shouldn't they have first crack at the loot?

Putting said criminals to work


Slavery, or you planning on paying them?

Government-operated business concerns, provided the government doesn't use its status as such to gain a market position it would otherwise not have.


I don't see how that would even be possible. The government has a tendency to edge out its competitors.

Remember, too, that the budget for a proper government is nowhere near what the current U.S. government's budget is.


Our budget is a little crazy, I know.


So, no historical examples proving that it's ever been done anywhere at any time?
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Secruss
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1232
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Secruss » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:52 pm

Bluth Corporation wrote:
Galloism wrote:Then explain how it would be possible.


Lots of ways; what follows is by no means an exhaustive list:
Seizure of assets of convicted criminals
Putting said criminals to work
Government-operated business concerns, provided the government doesn't use its status as such to gain a market position it would otherwise not have.

Remember, too, that the budget for a proper government is nowhere near what the current U.S. government's budget is.

Thank you bail-outs and government handouts.
"How now!" cried Jupiter "Are you not yet content? You have what you asked for and so you have only yourselves to blame for your misfortunes."

User avatar
Bluth Corporation
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6849
Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Bluth Corporation » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:02 pm

Galloism wrote:
Seizure of assets of convicted criminals


What about the families of those convicted criminals? What about wife, children, etc? Shouldn't they have first crack at the loot?

No, because they didn't own it.

Putting said criminals to work


Slavery, or you planning on paying them?

They gave up their humanity when they chose to commit their crimes; therefore, they have no rights and so it's not slavery.

So, no historical examples proving that it's ever been done anywhere at any time?


Of course not, because it hasn't.

How is that even relevant?

Right is right, regardless of its consequences.
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X


You should really be using Slackware

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59419
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Galloism » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:05 pm

Bluth Corporation wrote:
Galloism wrote:
Seizure of assets of convicted criminals


What about the families of those convicted criminals? What about wife, children, etc? Shouldn't they have first crack at the loot?

No, because they didn't own it.


So, if a husband and wife bought a house, you think she should give it up because he committed a crime? You think small children should be cut loose with nothing if their dad commits a crime?

Bluth Corporation wrote:
Putting said criminals to work


Slavery, or you planning on paying them?

They gave up their humanity when they chose to commit their crimes; therefore, they have no rights and so it's not slavery.


:roll: Their DNA changed? This will make it easier for us to identify criminals.

Bluth Corporation wrote:
So, no historical examples proving that it's ever been done anywhere at any time?


Of course not, because it hasn't.

How is that even relevant?

Right is right, regardless of its consequences.


Yes, because the consequences of peoples' rights getting trampled all over, the people getting left out in the cold and hungry due to no fault of their own, and the inevitable slavery of someone who jaywalked is all "reasonable" for this little utopia you've constructed.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Saige Dragon
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1202
Founded: Dec 06, 2003
Ex-Nation

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Saige Dragon » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:07 pm

Galloism wrote:Yes, because the consequences of peoples' rights getting trampled all over, the people getting left out in the cold and hungry due to no fault of their own, and the inevitable slavery of someone who jaywalked is all "reasonable" for this little utopia you've constructed.


Don't worry. You can revolt, Bluth won't mind, it's inevitable.

User avatar
The South Islands
Diplomat
 
Posts: 983
Founded: Apr 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby The South Islands » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:10 pm

I think everyone except the Jews should be able to own guns.
IL Ruffino: The wind flows / The hair on TSI's ass glides as if airborn / Smell the freshly cut grass
Gravlen: If I can blame you? Of course I can! I mean, you're like a walking cathalyst for homosexuality, driving otherwise straight men to write haikus about your ass hair...

So it's a wonder that your presence alone in any thread don't derail them and lead to debates about world leaders and homoerotic desires.


Sarkhaan: You. Put your pants back on.

User avatar
Bluth Corporation
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6849
Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Bluth Corporation » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:23 pm

Galloism wrote:So, if a husband and wife bought a house

Yeah, you see where I said "they don't own it"? So if the wife DOES own it, then it doesn't fall under that, does it?

Please start paying attention.

Bluth Corporation wrote:They gave up their humanity when they chose to commit their crimes; therefore, they have no rights and so it's not slavery.


:roll: Their DNA changed? This will make it easier for us to identify criminals.[/quote]
We've been over this already, in another thread.

Bluth Corporation wrote:
So, no historical examples proving that it's ever been done anywhere at any time?


Of course not, because it hasn't.

How is that even relevant?

Right is right, regardless of its consequences.


Yes, because the consequences of peoples' rights getting trampled all over,

Actually, no, the whole point of this is that NO ONE'S rights will be violated.

the people getting left out in the cold and hungry due to no fault of their own,

Whose fault it is is irrelevant; they don't own it, so they have no entitlement to it.

and the inevitable slavery of someone who jaywalked is all "reasonable" for this little utopia you've constructed.

Who said jaywalking was a legitimate crime?
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X


You should really be using Slackware

User avatar
UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11988
Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:45 pm

Brogavia wrote:Or maybe its because so many criminals are let out of prision because they have been "rehabilitated".

Which everyone knows is street slang for being worse than when they went in.


It wouldn't be anywhere near the problem it is today if we'd end the stupid and failed drug war. Don't arrest people for victimless crimes.
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59419
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Re: How did we go 24 pages w/o a gun control debate?

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:18 am

Bluth Corporation wrote:
Galloism wrote:So, if a husband and wife bought a house

Yeah, you see where I said "they don't own it"? So if the wife DOES own it, then it doesn't fall under that, does it?

Please start paying attention.


But he half owns it. Does the government own half the house?

Bluth Corporation wrote:
They gave up their humanity when they chose to commit their crimes; therefore, they have no rights and so it's not slavery.


:roll: Their DNA changed? This will make it easier for us to identify criminals.

We've been over this already, in another thread.


Yes, your flawed definition of what counts as "human" is still as absurd now as it was then.

Bluth Corporation wrote:
So, no historical examples proving that it's ever been done anywhere at any time?


Of course not, because it hasn't.

How is that even relevant?

Right is right, regardless of its consequences.


:roll: You haven't proven that anything you say is right. You've just asserted it - over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Bluth Corporation wrote:
Yes, because the consequences of peoples' rights getting trampled all over,

Actually, no, the whole point of this is that NO ONE'S rights will be violated.


Wasn't it you that just talked about enslaving humans against their will? Oh right, they're not "human" anymore, despite the fact that they'll still be bipedal creatures that walk upright, part of the homo sapien species, and can think and reason just like everyone else can. I forgot.

Bluth Corporation wrote:
the people getting left out in the cold and hungry due to no fault of their own,

Whose fault it is is irrelevant; they don't own it, so they have no entitlement to it.


So you don't believe in inheritances either? A child should not inherit his father's/mother's home, farm, etc, since they don't own it? This is how we're financing the government - I get it. We take everyone's stuff when they die.

and the inevitable slavery of someone who jaywalked is all "reasonable" for this little utopia you've constructed.

Who said jaywalking was a legitimate crime?


If would be, if you don't own the street and violated someone's property rights by jaywalking across it.
Last edited by Galloism on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -Ocelot-, Absentira, Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Catsfern, Chan Island, Dangine, Demirestad, Dooom35796821595, Electic, Estanglia, Geneviev, Greater Loegria, Hyperbia, Ifreann, Katharsis, Kowani, Land of Conservation, Loben The 2nd, Lord Dominator, Munkcestrian Republic, New Genoa, Nova Cyberia, Pacomia, Phoenicaea, Ravennog, Shrillland, Silver Commonwealth, South Acren, Telconi, The New California Republic, The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord, Thermodolia, Tuthina, Tybra, Vivolkha, Zurkerx

Advertisement

Remove ads