NATION

PASSWORD

Semiautomatic rifles to be Assault Weapons in CA

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Personal Defense Force
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Personal Defense Force » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:31 am

Blakk Metal wrote:
Imperializt Russia wrote:California only votes Democrat and Californian.

If you actually knew shit about California you'd realize that California isn't very leftist at all.


Actually living in california over here, and I'm assuming you do as well by your post. The problem we have here is all the bloody lefties in the big cities are preventing a majority of the state which are righties from exerting any power in the state government because lower population centers have almost no say whatsoever in the government here.
Live fight and die for what you believe
Just a few nation Calculators:

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56
http://www.isidewith.com/results/294873095

User avatar
Thanatttynia
Minister
 
Posts: 3486
Founded: Nov 10, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Thanatttynia » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:33 am

Personal Defense Force wrote:
Blakk Metal wrote:If you actually knew shit about California you'd realize that California isn't very leftist at all.


Actually living in california over here, and I'm assuming you do as well by your post. The problem we have here is all the bloody lefties in the big cities are preventing a majority of the state which are righties from exerting any power in the state government because lower population centers have almost no say whatsoever in the government here.


Which is only right for democracy.

User avatar
Volnotova
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8214
Founded: Nov 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Volnotova » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:36 am

Inb4 "From my cold dead hands"
A very exclusive and exceptional ice crystal.

A surrealistic alien entity stretched thin across the many membranes of the multiverse.
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:You are the most lawful neutral person I have ever witnessed.


Polruan wrote:It's like Humphrey Applebee wrote a chapter of the Talmud in here.

User avatar
Blakk Metal
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6691
Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blakk Metal » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:45 am

Personal Defense Force wrote:
Blakk Metal wrote:If you actually knew shit about California you'd realize that California isn't very leftist at all.


Actually living in california over here, and I'm assuming you do as well by your post. The problem we have here is all the bloody lefties in the big cities are preventing a majority of the state which are righties from exerting any power in the state government because lower population centers have almost no say whatsoever in the government here.

Hell, most of the big cities aren't that leftist. Only the core Bay Area is (the West Bay, the coastal East Bay).

User avatar
Personal Defense Force
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Personal Defense Force » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:51 am

Thanatttynia wrote:
Personal Defense Force wrote:
Actually living in california over here, and I'm assuming you do as well by your post. The problem we have here is all the bloody lefties in the big cities are preventing a majority of the state which are righties from exerting any power in the state government because lower population centers have almost no say whatsoever in the government here.


Which is only right for democracy.


Good thing we aren't a democracy eh? The problem with that argument is that the lower population centers have the same population as the larger population centers just not the density, so we have half of the state not being respresented in any of the states politics at all because were in areas that don't have the population density of San Fran and Los ang.
Live fight and die for what you believe
Just a few nation Calculators:

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56
http://www.isidewith.com/results/294873095

User avatar
Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54843
Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperializt Russia » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:53 am

Blakk Metal wrote:
Imperializt Russia wrote:California only votes Democrat and Californian.

If you actually knew shit about California you'd realize that California isn't very leftist at all.

In national elections for the last few decades, they've only voted Democrat and Californian.
Warning! This poster has:
PT puppet of the People's Republic of Samozaryadnyastan.

Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

User avatar
Immoren
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63828
Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Immoren » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:57 am

Personal Defense Force wrote:Good thing we aren't a democracy eh? .

Representative democracy is still a democracy

Personal Defense Force wrote:The problem with that argument is that the lower population centers have the same population as the larger population centers just not the density, so we have half of the state not being respresented in any of the states politics at all because were in areas that don't have the population density of San Fran and Los ang.


You can't try to change system&Voting districts? :0
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ I'ᴠᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ɴᴇᴀʀ Aʀᴀʀᴀɢɪ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇ.
— Death. Probably.

User avatar
Blakk Metal
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6691
Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blakk Metal » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:01 am

Imperializt Russia wrote:
Blakk Metal wrote:If you actually knew shit about California you'd realize that California isn't very leftist at all.

In national elections for the last few decades, they've only voted Democrat and Californian.

That's because Republicans are racist cunts, not because they're hippies (without any of the things that made the hippies respectable, I might add).

User avatar
Free Soviets
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11255
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Soviets » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:11 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Franklin Delano Bluth wrote:
No, though I could see how you might think it would if you settled for superficial thinking rather than critical analysis of how things interact in reality. Weapons possession is an infringement upon individual liberty, because it provides a means by which others can be intimidated and coerced into behaving how the weapons possessor wants them to behave.


This is wrong in every single way. Please do tell me then why Castro disarmed the Cuban people in 1959? Because surely it wasn't to protect other people's freedom which he zoom restriced afterwards.

why did hitler make guns significantly easier to get? because surely it wasn't to protect other people's freedom.

but hey, why bother analyzing the issue when we can yell ridiculous nonsense, right?

User avatar
Personal Defense Force
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Personal Defense Force » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:19 am

Immoren wrote:
Personal Defense Force wrote:Good thing we aren't a democracy eh? .

Representative democracy is still a democracy

Personal Defense Force wrote:The problem with that argument is that the lower population centers have the same population as the larger population centers just not the density, so we have half of the state not being represented in any of the states politics at all because were in areas that don't have the population density of San Fran and Los ang.


You can't try to change system&Voting districts? :0


Technically yes, but if anything on a political ladder democracy and republicanism are side by side on the tree and not a branch of one another. Democracies rarely succeed in populations greater then a few hundred people while republics have succeeded (Nowadays) in the Billions. Politics are a messy business and classifying exactly what system we here in the US have is a problem in itself.

Changing the districts requires for the larger population centers to give up power by increasing the size of the smaller districts to give them equal say as the bigger ones, and being that lefties are pretty notorious for never giving up any power even if its in the name of freedom I doubt thats going to happen. The reason why I know this is because the smaller counties tried to do this a few years ago, combining the smaller districts into larger districts so that they could better combat the areas of higher population density when it came to issues that involved them, and guess what happened.

San Francisco and Sacramento both shot it down, being that here in california its an "All together" policy of where the entire state has to agree to the restructure before it can happen.

So for now us smaller districts have to hope that the legislation for us breaking off into a new state is passed next month, which is doubtful since we represent a good amount of tax profits for the democratic policies which are money hogs.

Free Soviets wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
This is wrong in every single way. Please do tell me then why Castro disarmed the Cuban people in 1959? Because surely it wasn't to protect other people's freedom which he zoom restriced afterwards.

why did hitler make guns significantly easier to get? because surely it wasn't to protect other people's freedom.

but hey, why bother analyzing the issue when we can yell ridiculous nonsense, right?


Hitler took guns away from the people though...He made it so you had to join the military in order to even handle one as he didn't want the people having the capability of revolting against him incase things went south.
Live fight and die for what you believe
Just a few nation Calculators:

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56
http://www.isidewith.com/results/294873095

User avatar
Free Soviets
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11255
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Soviets » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:19 am

Personal Defense Force wrote:The problem we have here is all the bloody lefties in the big cities are preventing a majority of the state which are righties from exerting any power in the state government because lower population centers have almost no say whatsoever in the government here.

2012 CA assembly general election results:

democratic party
6,835,701 votes - 58.46%

republican party
4,765,952 votes - 40.76%

damn those leftists, oppressing the majority by getting literally two million more votes. how dare they!

User avatar
Free Soviets
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11255
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Soviets » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:20 am

Personal Defense Force wrote:
Free Soviets wrote:why did hitler make guns significantly easier to get? because surely it wasn't to protect other people's freedom.

but hey, why bother analyzing the issue when we can yell ridiculous nonsense, right?

Hitler took guns away from the people though...He made it so you had to join the military in order to even handle one as he didn't want the people having the capability of revolting against him incase things went south.

nope.
Last edited by Free Soviets on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Franklin Delano Bluth
Senator
 
Posts: 4962
Founded: Apr 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Franklin Delano Bluth » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:20 am

Personal Defense Force wrote:
Immoren wrote:Representative democracy is still a democracy



You can't try to change system&Voting districts? :0


Technically yes, but if anything on a political ladder democracy and republicanism are side by side on the tree and not a branch of one another. Democracies rarely succeed in populations greater then a few hundred people while republics have succeeded (Nowadays) in the Billions.

You say that like they're mutually exclusive.

A republic is basically anything that's not a monarchy. The US is a democracy, and a republic. Period.

San Francisco and Sacramento both shot it down, being that here in california its an "All together" policy of where the entire state has to agree to the restructure before it can happen.

That's kind of how units of government work, yes.

So for now us smaller districts have to hope that the legislation for us breaking off into a new state is passed next month, which is doubtful since we represent a good amount of tax profits for the democratic policies which are money hogs.

It's like not having the slightest clue what you're talking about is a badge of pride for you.
The American Legion is a neo-fascist terrorist organization, bent on implementing Paulinist Sharia, and with a history of pogroms against organized labor and peace activists and of lynching those who dare resist or defend themselves against its aggression.

Pro: O'Reilly technical books, crew-length socks, Slide-O-Mix trombone lubricant, Reuben sandwiches
Anti: The eight-line signature limit, lift kits, cancelling Better Off Ted, Chicago Cubs

User avatar
Prussseus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 374
Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussseus » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:23 am

Damn liberals.......
What I sound like when I talk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... WihdU#t=67
Add 7153 to my post count.
male
Living in Richmond, IN
Bisexual
Atheist

bananas

“I’m sorry if my atheism offends you. But guess what – your religious wars, jihads, crusades, inquisitions, censoring of free speech, brainwashing of children, murdering of albinos, forcing girls into underage marriages, female genital mutilation, stoning, pederasty, homophobia, and rejection of science and reason offends me. So I guess we’re even.” - Mike Treder

User avatar
Cylarn
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14758
Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:27 am

Image

An assault weapon?
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

User avatar
Personal Defense Force
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Personal Defense Force » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:29 am

Free Soviets wrote:
Personal Defense Force wrote:Hitler took guns away from the people though...He made it so you had to join the military in order to even handle one as he didn't want the people having the capability of revolting against him incase things went south.

nope.


I learned something new today, thank you for that actually I apologize for spouting wrong information, I'll keep that in mind for later accounts.

2012 CA assembly general election results:

democratic party
6,835,701 votes - 58.46%

republican party
4,765,952 votes - 40.76%

damn those leftists, oppressing the majority by getting literally two million more votes. how dare they!


Ah yes, because all democrats are lefties, I forgot about that.

[hr]

And I could spout of the definitions of the politics behind democracies and republics and why they should be regarded as separate forms of government but thats a matter of opinion on my part and I doubt any of you will change your mind even if I push my point.

Oh, and to the last comment, people do like representation in this country and not having it does tend to upset people quite a bit. Being that your comment was a bit, erm...a comment, I'll assume you haven't heard about the issues happening in the state legislation here right now.
Live fight and die for what you believe
Just a few nation Calculators:

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56
http://www.isidewith.com/results/294873095

User avatar
Prussseus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 374
Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussseus » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:29 am

Cylarn wrote:(Image)

An assault weapon?


Apparently my good sir.
What I sound like when I talk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... WihdU#t=67
Add 7153 to my post count.
male
Living in Richmond, IN
Bisexual
Atheist

bananas

“I’m sorry if my atheism offends you. But guess what – your religious wars, jihads, crusades, inquisitions, censoring of free speech, brainwashing of children, murdering of albinos, forcing girls into underage marriages, female genital mutilation, stoning, pederasty, homophobia, and rejection of science and reason offends me. So I guess we’re even.” - Mike Treder

User avatar
Franklin Delano Bluth
Senator
 
Posts: 4962
Founded: Apr 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Franklin Delano Bluth » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:31 am

Personal Defense Force wrote:And I could spout of the definitions of the politics behind democracies and republics and why they should be regarded as separate forms of government but thats a matter of opinion on my part

And your opinion would be objectively wrong, because it is at odds with reality.

Oh, and to the last comment, people do like representation in this country and not having it does tend to upset people quite a bit.

Good thing no one's unrepresented, then.
The American Legion is a neo-fascist terrorist organization, bent on implementing Paulinist Sharia, and with a history of pogroms against organized labor and peace activists and of lynching those who dare resist or defend themselves against its aggression.

Pro: O'Reilly technical books, crew-length socks, Slide-O-Mix trombone lubricant, Reuben sandwiches
Anti: The eight-line signature limit, lift kits, cancelling Better Off Ted, Chicago Cubs

User avatar
New Aerios
Minister
 
Posts: 2250
Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aerios » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:32 am

Free Soviets wrote:
Personal Defense Force wrote:Hitler took guns away from the people though...He made it so you had to join the military in order to even handle one as he didn't want the people having the capability of revolting against him incase things went south.

nope.


What you have just posted simply confirms that Hitler disarmed the people he wished to oppress (namely the Jews). The only difference is he didn't bother disarming everyone else.

So there we have it: Want to take away people's freedoms? Want to oppress them? Want to label them as subhuman scum and send them off to concentration camps? Disarm them!
-------------------------------I--M--P--E--R--I--V--M----N--O--V--A----A--E--R--I--O--S---------------------------------
"No matter how worthy the cause, it is robbery, theft, and injustice to confiscate the property of one person and give it to another to whom it does not belong"

"Prior to capitalism, the way people amassed great wealth was by looting, plundering and enslaving their fellow man. Capitalism made it possible to become wealthy by serving your fellow man."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User avatar
Personal Defense Force
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Personal Defense Force » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:35 am

Ah franklin, I would argue but I have the feeling you consider this a pointless argument and you will just brush it off as "Nonsense" no matter what I say.
Live fight and die for what you believe
Just a few nation Calculators:

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56
http://www.isidewith.com/results/294873095

User avatar
Leningrad Union
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6184
Founded: Jul 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Leningrad Union » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:37 am

Why the fuck should a civilian own a gun in the first place?

User avatar
New Aerios
Minister
 
Posts: 2250
Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aerios » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:38 am

Leningrad Union wrote:Why the fuck should a civilian own a gun in the first place?


Really? I thought we'd got past this stage in the argument by now. :palm:

- Self defence
- Defence of other civilians
- Defence of the country
- Hunting
- Sport e.g. target shooting
- Because the US constitution says so
Last edited by New Aerios on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
-------------------------------I--M--P--E--R--I--V--M----N--O--V--A----A--E--R--I--O--S---------------------------------
"No matter how worthy the cause, it is robbery, theft, and injustice to confiscate the property of one person and give it to another to whom it does not belong"

"Prior to capitalism, the way people amassed great wealth was by looting, plundering and enslaving their fellow man. Capitalism made it possible to become wealthy by serving your fellow man."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User avatar
Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22156
Founded: May 09, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Agritum » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:38 am

New Aerios wrote:
Free Soviets wrote:nope.


What you have just posted simply confirms that Hitler disarmed the people he wished to oppress (namely the Jews). The only difference is he didn't bother disarming everyone else.

So there we have it: Want to take away people's freedoms? Want to oppress them? Want to label them as subhuman scum and send them off to concentration camps? Disarm them!

Because the communists in Nazi Germany totally managed to fight back the regime, given that they were allowed to have guns, and totally didn't get busted and rounded up anyways.
Neoliberal Globalist Ukraine Supporter
Friedmanite Libertarian ALDE Eurofederalist



User avatar
Immoren
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63828
Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Immoren » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:39 am

Leningrad Union wrote:Why the fuck should a civilian own a gun in the first place?


So that they can shoot well when crown calls them to service. *nods*
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ I'ᴠᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ɴᴇᴀʀ Aʀᴀʀᴀɢɪ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇ.
— Death. Probably.

User avatar
Personal Defense Force
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Personal Defense Force » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:41 am

Leningrad Union wrote:Why the fuck should a civilian own a gun in the first place?


To protect personal freedom maybe? Hunting maybe? Wonderful stress reliever to prevent people from going insane maybe (Target shooting, herp derp)? Simply the fact that here in America guns in the hands of civilians reduces crime as a whole in our country?

I could list off plenty of other reasons as well.

I should probably just repost my original post here in this thread every few pages to reiterate my point on why civilians (In the US atleast) should own guns if they wish.
Live fight and die for what you believe
Just a few nation Calculators:

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56
http://www.isidewith.com/results/294873095

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andsed, Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Cop Met, Dumb Ideologies, Greed and Death, Heloin, Ifreann, Kowani, Nanatsu no Tsuki, Negev Chan, No Chocia, Nuroblav, Pax Nerdvana, Reberialack, Rusozak, Skalshovia, Sturmdrungen, The Restored Danelaw, Vassenor

Advertisement

Remove ads