NATION

PASSWORD

Shooting in Chicago park

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:04 pm

Ifreann wrote:
Libertarian California wrote:Chicago's strict gun laws seem to have failed yet again.

Weird that it's only gun control laws that fail when people break them.

Because there isn't a National Murderers' Association or a National Rapists' Association to push for making those legal.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Trelso
Envoy

Founded: Jul 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Trelso » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:09 am

Gauthier wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Weird that it's only gun control laws that fail when people break them.

Because there isn't a National Murderers' Association or a National Rapists' Association to push for making those legal.

I daren't google it, because of the fact I don't honestly want to know... but there probably is.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:37 am

Trelso wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

I daren't google it, because of the fact I don't honestly want to know... but there probably is.
Well if one were willing to wade into a bit of a hyperbole excrement storm one could certainly make the case for the current iteration of the NRA being called the National Murderer's Association...
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:47 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
Trelso wrote:
Well if one were willing to wade into a bit of a hyperbole excrement storm one could certainly make the case for the current iteration of the NRA being called the National Murderer's Association...

By supporting the right for people to defend themselves? Ri-i-i-i-ght.

Come to think about it, considering that many anti-gunners consider self-defense to be murder, you could be right.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:00 am

Big Jim P wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Well if one were willing to wade into a bit of a hyperbole excrement storm one could certainly make the case for the current iteration of the NRA being called the National Murderer's Association...

Come to think about it, considering that many anti-gunners consider self-defense to be murder, you could be right.
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Murder denotes pulling the trigger yourself.

Now accessory to murder association, that's a bit more apt. I mean the defense of "lulz firearms control doesn't work" is used often enough as you know since you've used it, but the weapons don't come from this state. They come from states which have governors who are bought out by the NRA like Mike Pence in Indiana or Scott Walker in Wisconsin, states which probably won't be closing the gun show loophole anytime in this decade. So, one could make the argument that by extension, the NRA is sponsoring the violence here in Chicago.

So, since this is about rights in your estimation, what about our rights? What about the rights of the city and the state to enforce or own laws? Do we not have rights to defend ourselves from the tide of firearms coming in from veritable black markets over the border?
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:16 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Murder denotes pulling the trigger yourself.

Now accessory to murder association, that's a bit more apt. I mean the defense of "lulz firearms control doesn't work" is used often enough as you know since you've used it, but the weapons don't come from this state. They come from states which have governors who are bought out by the NRA like Mike Pence in Indiana or Scott Walker in Wisconsin, states which probably won't be closing the gun show loophole anytime in this decade. So, one could make the argument that by extension, the NRA is sponsoring the violence here in Chicago.

So, since this is about rights in your estimation, what about our rights? What about the rights of the city and the state to enforce or own laws? Do we not have rights to defend ourselves from the tide of firearms coming in from veritable black markets over the border?

I bet the reply will be somewhere along the line of, "You liberal pussies have the right to leave people defenseless and vulnerable to so much as a raindrop within your own states, while Real Men have the right to Defend Themselves with Pure Firepower in their own states and bring it to your Liberal Pussy states to show just how defenseless and vulnerable you liberals really are."
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:24 am

Gauthier wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Murder denotes pulling the trigger yourself.

I bet the reply will be somewhere along the line of, "You liberal pussies have the right to leave people defenseless and vulnerable to so much as a raindrop within your own states, while Real Men have the right to Defend Themselves with Pure Firepower in their own states and bring it to your Liberal Pussy states to show just how defenseless and vulnerable you liberals really are."
In which case I'd be willing to aquiesce... if us "non-manly librul pussies" are given level IV body armor free of charge from the NRA, y'know since proper instruction and ethical training isn't automatically administered as a precursor to carrying a firearm in public.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General