NATION

PASSWORD

Explain Why You Don't Accept Biological Evolution as a Fact

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:06 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:
Tlaceceyaya wrote:Actually, she's only a CA.

Oh? My Science teacher was wrong? That's what she said to me.

then yes she was wrong, m. eve is a measure based solely on the Mitochondial and thus matrilineal line, a more recent common ancestor using both lines certainly exists. just as a more recent common ancestor using just the Y chromosome exists.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:07 pm

Vitaphone Racing wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:I performed pretty well in Apache: Air Assault. When do I get my license?

Send passport photos and $50 to apachelicences@hotmail.com and I'll hook you up.

Seems legit.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Warda
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Warda » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:08 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Send passport photos and $50 to apachelicences@hotmail.com and I'll hook you up.

Seems legit.

you should just join the army. you can learn to fly a real one for freeeee! :lol2:
Nation Described As
Las Palmeras wrote:Decent enough for the Middle East.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:11 pm

Dracoria wrote:Until trainers in Pokemon have the option to evolve, I will refuse to admit humans have ever had more than one evolutionary state. The anime and manga don't count.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... _of_stones
Atheists:1
Creationists:0
pwnage
Fan of Transformers?|Fan of Star Trek?|你会说中文吗?
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals
Economics: Indifferent

Anachronous Rex
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anachronous Rex » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Chinese Regions wrote:
Dracoria wrote:Until trainers in Pokemon have the option to evolve, I will refuse to admit humans have ever had more than one evolutionary state. The anime and manga don't count.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... _of_stones
Atheists:1
Creationists:0
pwnage

Also:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/celebrity ... evolutions
My humor is like church wine: dry and tasteless.
If you are not sure if I am being serious, assume that I am not.

Summer is coming...

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:15 pm

You know the sad part about all of this? It's actually a poor argument for evolution, what with the same tired arguments used over and over again, along with the craptastic insults, baiting, and assorted other problematic behaviors.

Ponder this on the Tree of Woe. Or um ... yeah,whatever seat you're currently occupying will have to do. Bad, naughty, etc.

Previous

Return to General