NATION

PASSWORD

Explain Why You Don't Accept Biological Evolution as a Fact

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:52 pm

Ah, shit sorry everyone.

Kinda got my wires crossed there.

Anyway, yeah, Creationism is moronic -> does not follow -> God is moronic, sorry.

Anyway, yeah, Creationism is moronic, Intelligent Design is moronic, people should read a book that isn't The Bible and religious propaganda.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:52 pm

Chishimotata wrote:
Wolfmanne wrote:I'm sorry, but anthropology proves otherwise that we did indeed evolve from Apes.

We didn't evolve from apes. We share a common ancestor with modern day primates. There's a difference.

No, we did not evolve from apes. Not for the reason you said, however.
We are apes. We are primates. We are not bonobos, however, nor are we monkeys.
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:52 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:It's not copy pasta when you wrote it yourself.

The point stands. When did Miller Ulray or any other scientist for that matter, produce life from amino acids?

/ threadjack.

yes

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/05/ribonucleotides/

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/323/5918/1229.abstract

http://www.gizmag.com/first-synthetic-organism-created/15165/

in fact self replicating molecules have been produced from even simpler materials. It turns out Urey and Miller were trying to hard, it works better if you leave the stuff alone.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Chishimotata wrote:
Wolfmanne wrote:I'm sorry, but anthropology proves otherwise that we did indeed evolve from Apes.

We didn't evolve from apes. We share a common ancestor with modern day primates. There's a difference.

I just said we are Apes.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Ok guys, we should really stop thread jacking. If someone wants to make another thread about if God is real or not I'll contribute but keep it off this thread.
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Chishimotata
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chishimotata » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:
Chishimotata wrote:We didn't evolve from apes. We share a common ancestor with modern day primates. There's a difference.

I know we're primates. I should have phrased it better though, but it's true that we share a common ancestor.

Wolfmanne
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:
Chishimotata wrote:We didn't evolve from apes. We share a common ancestor with modern day primates. There's a difference.

Hey, I made a mistake, I know we are Apes.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Lydenburg
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:54 pm

The Rich Port wrote:Ah, shit sorry everyone.

Anyway, yeah, Creationism is moronic -> does not follow -> God is moronic, sorry.

Anyway, yeah, Creationism is moronic, Intelligent Design is moronic, people should read a book that isn't The Bible and religious propaganda.

Quite. So I read the Koran.

I realised it was behind the times around the part which prophesied the fall of Constantinople.

Ek bly in Australie nou, maar Afrika sal altyd in my hart wees. Maak nie saak wat gebeur nie, ek is trots om te kan sê ek is 'n kind van hierdie ingewikkelde soms wrede kontinent. Mis jou altyd my Suid-Afrika, hier met n seer hart al die pad van Melbourne af!

Keronians
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Keronians » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:54 pm

That really wasn't necessary.
Proud Indian. Spanish citizen. European federalist.
Political compass
Awarded the Bronze Medal for General Debating at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards. Awarded Best New Poster at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards.
It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning.
George Orwell
· Private property
· Free foreign trade
· Exchange of goods and services
· Free formation of prices

· Market regulation
· Social security
· Universal healthcare
· Unemployment insurance

This is a capitalist model.

Smoya
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:54 pm

I just love it when people never respect anyone else's opinions. :roll:
Visit Sunalaya!

Solaray
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Solaray » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Smoya wrote:Evolution...uh oh. This isn't going to end well.

But anyways, I believe in evolution with the elements of creationism.

So, theistic evolution?
Sig closed for construction.

Est. completion date: Summer 2054

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Smoya
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Solaray wrote:
Smoya wrote:Evolution...uh oh. This isn't going to end well.

But anyways, I believe in evolution with the elements of creationism.

So, theistic evolution?

Basically.
Visit Sunalaya!

Lydenburg
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Smoya wrote:

Don't take it personally, BTW. He does that to everyone on these threads.

Ek bly in Australie nou, maar Afrika sal altyd in my hart wees. Maak nie saak wat gebeur nie, ek is trots om te kan sê ek is 'n kind van hierdie ingewikkelde soms wrede kontinent. Mis jou altyd my Suid-Afrika, hier met n seer hart al die pad van Melbourne af!

Chishimotata
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chishimotata » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:

I just said we are Apes.

Sorry, I was just corrected by someone else who presumably knows more than me. My understanding of it makes me think of silverback apes as apes and humans as humans (of the genus Homo).

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Smoya wrote:
Blasveck wrote:
Which elements?

Some Christian elements.

Please specify.
Forever a Communist

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Sociobiology wrote:
Vazdania wrote:The point stands. When did Miller Ulray or any other scientist for that matter, produce life from amino acids?

/ threadjack.

yes

in fact self replicating molecules have been produced from even simpler materials. It turns out Urey and Miller were trying to hard, it works better if you leave the stuff alone.

None of these were produced via the Miller Ulray experiment.
NSG's Resident Constitutional Executive Monarchist!
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Wolfmanne
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:55 pm

This is just plain disrespectful.

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Smoya wrote:

There is nothing intrinsic to the state of being an opinion which grants an idea respect. An opinion is an interpretation of data. If it's wrong, why the fuck should anyone respect it?
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Mbone
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mbone » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:And we have more than enough evidence that we can put all the pieces of evidence together as proof.

viewtopic.php?p=11560697#p11560697
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=254663&p=15799474#p15799474

The Miller Ulrey experiment was an experiment designed to simulate the conditions thought at the time to be present on the early Earth, and tested for the occurrence of chemical origins of life. It created amino acids....it didn't however, produce life.

Until you produce life with such an experiment, I've no choice but to assume that abiogenesis didn't occur.

Purden of proof is on you to prove to me that life can be created through those means.

The burden of proof is also on those who are religious to provide evidence for there beliefs, especially god.
There is no/little "evidence", so I can assume god doesn't exist and religion isn't true.

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Chishimotata wrote:

actually we did, we also share a common ancestor with modern apes, all of those common ancestors would be apes as well.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Smoya wrote:

Respect is earned. I will acknowledge your right to hold an opinion, but I will not respect said opinion.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Sociobiology wrote: yes

so?

Chishimotata
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chishimotata » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:57 pm

Vazdania wrote:

:palm: Do you think that scientists would say "yep, we did it, we're done, let's all go home!" when they did the Miller Ulray experiment?

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:57 pm

Vazdania wrote:

Vazdania wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:It's not copy pasta when you wrote it yourself.

The point stands. When did Miller Ulray or any other scientist for that matter, produce life from amino acids?

/ threadjack.

Holy shit, are these goalposts of yours powered by an alcubierre drive?
Last edited by Regnum Dominae on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Chishimotata
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chishimotata » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:57 pm

Sociobiology wrote:

actually we did, we also share a common ancestor with modern apes, all of those common ancestors would be apes as well.

Again, my mistake. Someone else corrected me on this point.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General