NATION

PASSWORD

The Official Syria (and all things about it) Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:44 pm

He could just order all soldiers not to wear boots...
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:45 pm

Hornesia wrote:He could just order all soldiers not to wear boots...

Shhh.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Alien Space Bats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: The Official Syria (and all things about it) Thread

Postby Alien Space Bats » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:49 pm

New Chalcedon wrote:Oh God, you're not joking.

:palm:

<madness mantra> It's only Rush Limbaugh...It's only Rush Limbaugh...It's only Rush Limbaugh...It's only Rush Limbaugh...

....who'm I fooling? There're the legions of dittoheads, too.

You live in Australia. You can be forgiven. You don't actually have to listen to American talk radio.

Once you've listened to the full day's lineup, you'll realize that it builds to a crescendo — and, to use a baseball metaphor (because my Tigers are likely to make the playoffs again [hooray!]) — it's a lineup in which Rush Limbaugh is just the lead-off man.

You haven't experience the full horror of conservative talk radio until you spent an entire day immersed in it, beginning with Rush Limbaugh and ending with Mark Levine (with Sean Hannity somewhere in the middle [twice, if you catch him on the air before dinner and on FOX News afterwards]). Every single day of the weak, that Clear Channel/FOX News line-up runs from slander and lies to outright sedition. By the time Levine signs off the air, he's got every red-blooded Republican lovingly fingering his automatic rifle and just waiting for the Minuteman's call.

The report I cited represents the first time Rush has actually come out and called the President a Muslim Marxist mass-murdering monster; what you have to realize is that Levine has called him that just about every night for the last four-and-a-half years. Whatever Limbaugh does, the others amplify — and now Rush has taken it past "11" all the way up to "14".

It would make a wild movie if it wasn't for real: America: Enter the Crazy.
"These states are just saying 'Yes, I used to beat my girlfriend, but I haven't since the restraining order, so we don't need it anymore.'" — Stephen Colbert, Comedian, on Shelby County v. Holder

"Do you see how policing blacks by the presumption of guilt and policing whites by the presumption of innocence is a self-reinforcing mechanism?" — Touré Neblett, MSNBC Commentator and Social Critic

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in."Songwriter Oscar Brown in 1963, foretelling the election of Donald J. Trump

President Donald J. Trump: Working Tirelessly to Make Russia Great Again

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:53 pm

The Picti wrote:No boots on the ground here either..................

;)

The Japanese did send in boots to there main US target.

Main US target of the Japanese in WW II - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssSDELFWdYc
Last edited by Rio Cana on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:56 pm

Must not be allowed to prevail in the Middle East?
You're about two millennia too late, son.

I know I am really, really late but that was the funniest quote I have read today.

Quebec and Atlantic Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and Atlantic Canada » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:
Shofercia wrote: I'm not liking Brown's reelection chances. He's going to be slaughtered. Even the rabidly liberal Erwin Chemerinsky implied that it was a mistake. Also means less votes in California for Democrats in the upcoming election.

Now, this won't shift the 2016 presidential election by much. But it can shift the House of Representatives even more to favor the "Party of No". The Republican strategy emerging here is simple: stay in power and disillusion the voters. And in order to do so, they need the House of Reps, so that they can keep on saying "no!" to the Democrat President, and then accuse the Government of being inept.

Isn't this the same state that voted for the Governator to return in 2007, and then voted for Obama a year later?

Yeah, Brown would have to fuck up HORRIFICALLY to lose next year's GE. Maybe he could be primaried (though I use that "maybe" very loosely), but there's no way Brown will lose to whatever no-name the CA-GOP puts up if he's heading the Democratic ticket. As for Governator, he was a moderate while today's CA-GOP is pretty right-wing, and he only won on name recognition in 2003 anyway.
Last edited by Quebec and Atlantic Canada on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Chalcedon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby New Chalcedon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Alien Space Bats wrote:Let me start with this:

New Chalcedon wrote:Also, this seems to ring true, and I'd like peoples' opinions, particularly ASB's:

The risk of Democrats getting primaried by other Democrats over support for the AUMF is being grossly overestimated by a Beltway media that is congenitally incapable of viewing Democrats and Republicans as anything other than mirror images of one another (eg., "Both Parties have become more radical in recent years", "Neither Party seems capable of compromise", "Both Parties are being overly ideological and obstructionist", etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum).

The thing is, Democrats aren't like Republicans; there isn't any real danger of left-wing antiwar radicals rising up to challenge mainstream Democrats who toe the Party line rather than catering to the grass roots. Just because Republicans are at risk of being "tarred and feathered" (and I'm going to use that phrase in the future to describe what the Tea Party does to "RINO's", since it fits in with their motif better than any other term I can come up with) doesn't mean that a parallel situation exists among Democrats as well.

Beyond that — and again I'd prefer to discuss the 2014 election in a different thread — I'll repeat what I said earlier: Democrats (and, for that matter, Republicans) are (both) going to be more motivated by domestic issues come 2014 that they will be by foreign policy. Syria may seem like big news now, but where will it rate in another 14 months, after all of the crap that we're likely to see from GOP-run States (TRAP laws, union busting, voter suppression, etc.) and the Republican House (playing chicken with the budget, playing chicken with the debt, stalling appointments, manufacturing "scandals", and "repealing" Obamacare for the 69th time) between now and then?

A very interesting analysis, and one I agree with the broad thrust of. However, "Yea" votes on Iraq lost some Democrats their primaries in subsequent electoral cycles...and the fates of (among others) Joe Lieberman and Hillary Clinton, who were both repeatedly beaten over their heads with their Iraq votes in close primaries are probably sticking in the minds of wavering Democrats (particularly those in ultra-safe seats, like urban New York).

Now, I started with that so I could listen with one ear to the latest news while writing what follows:

New Chalcedon wrote:Well, the "briefing" that a number of people (including ASB, if I'm not mistaken) anticipated would sway lawmakers in favour of the proposed AUMF has happened....

.....and it doesn't seem to have changed any. In fact, shortly after leaving the briefing, Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV), one of the most conservative Democrats left in the Senate, announced that he'd vote "nay" to an AUMF, stating that "all diplomatic options must be exhausted first". In the House, people as diverse as Carol Shea-Porter (moderate D-NH) and Elijah Cummings (liberal D-MD) have announced opposition as well, in some cases after hearing the briefing.

I'm going to bring up a point that ASB made earlier, namely that the Administration's "damning evidence" against Assad would be released at the briefings:

I pause for my esteemed colleague's reply, now that it's clear that the evidence isn't all that damning - for if it was, it'd have changed at least a few Democrats' minds.

At this hour, I can't yet link the "A" block from Al Sharpton's show on MSNBC, Politics Nation, but the Reverend just addressed this very question less than 10 minutes ago, as did Ed Schultz on The Ed Show, just beforehand: It's not that Democrats don't believe the President (in fact, the consensus from them is that they do, in fact, believe that Assad was behind the chemical attack on Ghouta; the intelligence appears to have convinced them). No, the problem seems to be that Democrats aren't buying the rest of the Administration's argument (either in the sense that they either don't believe that we can deter further chemical attacks by the Assad regime with military strikes, or that they don't see how the Administration's chosen course of action is going to result in regime change [which in fact it's not intended to do anyway] — or both). This has got Democrats balking, in that they don't want a wider war and apparently don't believe that the Administration will be able to guarantee that their proposed strikes won't get us into one.

As well they shouldn't - history is replete with examples of small wars that didn't stay small.

This explains Sen. Manchin's remarks about wanting to "exhaust" diplomatic options. You don't say that you want to pursue a diplomatic solution if you believe that there wasn't any sarin attack, or that the sarin was unleashed by the rebels; no, you say that if you agree with the Administration that Assad gassed his own people, but you don't see military force as an answer to that problem.

If you agree that Assad gassed his own people (for the record, I consider it unproven as yet - the gassing happened, but I have yet to see or be directed to any conclusive evidence as to who ordered it), then what other option is there? As you yourself have noted, failure to punish the use of chemical weapons, when you're confident about who used them, will only encourage their use in other situations.

And while Putin likes the idea of sticking his thumb in Uncle Sam's eye, even he doesn't want to see the KPA using such weapons if and when Kim the least kicks off another war.

So no, this hasn't changed my position on the issue. I think that when — not if — Congress refuses to authorize force, Assad will go crazy slaughtering his own people (in my view, he launched the attack on Ghouta on the basis of a calculation that the West would do nothing about it)

Who wants to be monarch of a wasteland? From the way he ruled prior to the revolt, Assad's greedy, not stupid.

and Putin will supply him all the arms and support he needs to do it with both hands.

True - Putin's already made his commitment to supporting the Assad regime clear.

The West will scream in horror but do nothing, while Jordan and Turkey get inundated with refugees.

Don't forget Lebanon.

What follows from there depends on how hard Russia wants to push its diplomatic advantage and how pissed off it gets if the world fails to show it the proper "respect" in the wake of its victory (as well as whether or not it thinks that partisan rancor has left Washington completely paralyzed and unable to defend its own interests, allowing Moscow to reshape the planet to its liking while America is "otherwise occupied").

First, I must ask a question: are you sure you haven't applied an excess of Cold War logic to this situation?

Second, I rather doubt that there'll be a second Cold War come out of this situation - Russia's still big and powerful, but no-one pretends that it's the superpower the USSR was.

Alien Space Bats wrote:
New Chalcedon wrote:Oh God, you're not joking.

<madness mantra> It's only Rush Limbaugh...It's only Rush Limbaugh...It's only Rush Limbaugh...It's only Rush Limbaugh...

You live in Australia. You can be forgiven. You don't actually have to listen to American talk radio.

Once you've listened to the full day's lineup, you'll realize that it builds to a crescendo — and, to use a baseball metaphor (because my Tigers are likely to make the playoffs again [hooray!]) — it's a lineup in which Rush Limbaugh is just the lead-off man.

You haven't experience the full horror of conservative talk radio until you spent an entire day immersed in it, beginning with Rush Limbaugh and ending with Mark Levine (with Sean Hannity somewhere in the middle [twice, if you catch him on the air before dinner and on FOX News afterwards]). Every single day of the weak, that Clear Channel/FOX News line-up runs from slander and lies to outright sedition. By the time Levine signs off the air, he's got every red-blooded Republican lovingly fingering his automatic rifle and just waiting for the Minuteman's call.

The report I cited represents the first time Rush has actually come out and called the President a Muslim Marxist mass-murdering monster; what you have to realize is that Levine has called him that just about every night for the last four-and-a-half years. Whatever Limbaugh does, the others amplify — and now Rush has taken it past "11" all the way up to "14".

It would make a wild movie if it wasn't for real: America: Enter the Crazy.

Whoo....and I thought Alan "the Parrot" Jones was bad. But then, he is only one person, not a whole lineup ranging from crazy to treasonous.

EDIT: Grats on the good baseball news :)
Last edited by New Chalcedon on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuck it all. Let the world burn - there's no way roaches could do a worse job of being decent than we have.

Quebec and Atlantic Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and Atlantic Canada » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:28 pm

New Chalcedon wrote:
Alien Space Bats wrote:I forgot the link.

Oh God, you're not joking.

Don't forget the legions of crypto-Stalinists who would unironically parrot claims Obama was roasting babies on open fire and raping their corpses because it made the US look bad.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:55 pm

Shofercia wrote: I'm not liking Brown's reelection chances. He's going to be slaughtered. Even the rabidly liberal Erwin Chemerinsky implied that it was a mistake. Also means less votes in California for Democrats in the upcoming election.

Now, this won't shift the 2016 presidential election by much. But it can shift the House of Representatives even more to favor the "Party of No". The Republican strategy emerging here is simple: stay in power and disillusion the voters. And in order to do so, they need the House of Reps, so that they can keep on saying "no!" to the Democrat President, and then accuse the Government of being inept.

Isn't this the same state that voted for the Governator to return in 2007, and then voted for Obama a year later?

Don't compare the two. For presidential voting, California follow this algorithm:

1. Is Candidate WWII hero? If yes, vote for him. Else, continue...
2. Is Candidate considered to be Californian, by most Californians? If yes, vote for him. Else, continue...
3. If you're here, vote Democrat, in Honor of FDR.

Seriously, that's been the voting algorithm ever since FDR took office.

1932 - FDR
1936 - FDR
1940 - FDR
1944 - FDR
1948 - FDR's bitch (Truman)
1952 - Ike (War Hero)
1956 - Ike (War Hero)
1960 - Nixon (Californian)
1964 - Johnson (Democrat)
1968 - Nixon (Californian)
1972 - Nixon (Californian)
1976 - Ford, VP of Nixon, who was a Californian.
1980 - Reagan (Californian)
1984 - Reagan (Californian)
1988 - Bush, VP of Reagan, who was a Californian.
1992 - Clinton (Democrat)
1996 - Clinton (Democrat)
2000 - Gore (Democrat)
2004 - Kerry (Democrat)
2008 - Obama (Democrat)
2012 - Obama (Democrat)

So with two exceptions, and since WWII heroes are no longer running for president, here's the rule: we'll vote for any Californian, but if none run, then the Dems get our vote. It's just that simple. That's the trend since 1932, with two exceptions in twenty one elections. And yes, smartasses, I'm well aware where Nixon was legally registered, but he was still considered a Californian by many, when he ran.

Source: http://www.270towin.com/states/California

Actually, now that I look at it, the exception came after periods of a Californian as president, and where the candidate served as their vice president, i.e. Ford and Bush.
Last edited by Shofercia on Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Quebec and Atlantic Canada wrote:

Yeah, Brown would have to fuck up HORRIFICALLY to lose next year's GE. Maybe he could be primaried (though I use that "maybe" very loosely), but there's no way Brown will lose to whatever no-name the CA-GOP puts up if he's heading the Democratic ticket. As for Governator, he was a moderate while today's CA-GOP is pretty right-wing, and he only won on name recognition in 2003 anyway.

He did. You don't fuck with the environment. See Carly Fiorina's guide on "How to Not Get Elected". And you don't fuck with the Proposition Process. See Cruz Bustamante's & Darrel Issa's guide on "How to Not Get Elected". Brown fucked with the Proposition Process. What's worse, SCOTUS made that a critical issue. It's going to be used against Brown in 2014. Would you like to bet that he won't be reelected? Cause he pulled a Fiorina, and SCOTUS screamed that he pulled a Fiorina.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Souriya Al-Assad
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Souriya Al-Assad » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:53 pm

Danhanjeedh wrote:Its official, the "evidence" from the US and France isn't solid at all. (Told the Dutch intelligent service to the Dutch gouverment yesterday)
-No link, sorry

In other news, Germany claims to have prove that Assad was involved but still refuses to take part in any military action.

http://nos.nl/artikel/547698-duits-bewijs-tegen-assad.html

This is another to the point Dutch article.

CTALNH wrote:Everyones knows who did it but they won't tell.

The death squads did it, unfortunately their hypocritical neo-imperialist backers do not want to admit that they were wrong in arming these scoundrels to commence with.

The Victorian Empire wrote:
Souriya Al-Assad wrote:
No, because the Gulf will never allow otherwise. Not to mention that almost all the "rebels" on the ground have fantasies of committing sectarian genocide after the war, or moving on to massacring people in neighbouring Lebanon, or pass through Iraq to then massacre against Iranians, which some of these "rebels" already call "Rafidah", "Mushrikis", amongst other names, that to them "must be cleansed".

Trust me, I have heard this rhetoric from lots of them too many times not to think otherwise.

[Citation need]

With all due honourable respect of course I have the sources. I shall post them as soon as I finish assembling them all together. Whilst the Tweets containing this I shall send a telegramme to you since this is what I consider somewhat personal. (I do not want everyone here to flood my social media accounts en masse)

The Picti wrote:No boots on the ground here either..................

;)

I think I am going to quote this... definitely.

San-Silvacian wrote:
Hornesia wrote:He could just order all soldiers not to wear boots...

Shhh.

Roman wooden sandals....ssshhh...
Last edited by Souriya Al-Assad on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Human Beings are humans, not property.Corporations, (Corporate Property), is property; it is not a human being.Once we understand these two simple concepts, we can move on as a society. - Shofercia | What I believe besides agreeing with the above: Corporations/Conglomerates are vile scum that need to be nationalised, centralised, collectivised as well as redistributed directly back to the masses themselves to control via popular committees. Vive le Communisme! Vive l'idéologie Mathaba!
Imperialism makes monsters out of Man. - Comrade Ernesto Che Guevara.
Allah, Souriya, Bashar w bas! - EPIC
Basically, this. Our form of gov..
NS wars: 1/1/1/1.
USSR/Yugo HDIs 1992 - Haters are going to hate
EPIC 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Hezbollah Compass TRUTH

Pacifornia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacifornia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Has anybody else in the US contacted their reps about intervention? I sent an email to mine but I got a generic response :unsure:
Check out our nation's website! http://bam2011.wix.com/pacifornia
IRL: Male, straight, atheist, socialist, Californian, Honduran-American, third year college student

"I know a lot of people think L.A. and they see a picture in their head, but those people obviously don't know me, because I sit on a couch every day. That's my idea of a good time - just being in a sweat suit."-Hayley Williams, Paramore
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Flames? Take a number and have a seat. Have a nice day :)

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:59 pm

Pacifornia wrote:Has anybody else in the US contacted their reps about intervention? I sent an email to mine but I got a generic response :unsure:

I bet they value your feedback and consider it paramount to the democratic process.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Souriya Al-Assad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Souriya Al-Assad » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:59 pm

Pacifornia wrote:Has anybody else in the US contacted their reps about intervention? I sent an email to mine but I got a generic response :unsure:

It will not be enough. I am going to make a petition against Hollande.

I suggest Americans do the same concerning their leaders, a massively signed petition (might) do the work necessary to stop this madness.

Human Beings are humans, not property.Corporations, (Corporate Property), is property; it is not a human being.Once we understand these two simple concepts, we can move on as a society. - Shofercia | What I believe besides agreeing with the above: Corporations/Conglomerates are vile scum that need to be nationalised, centralised, collectivised as well as redistributed directly back to the masses themselves to control via popular committees. Vive le Communisme! Vive l'idéologie Mathaba!

Pacifornia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacifornia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:01 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:

I bet they value your feedback and consider it paramount to the democratic process.

And unicorns and leprechauns exist. I wish they could take their constituents seriously but they're too busy to bother with us :roll:
IRL: Male, straight, atheist, socialist, Californian, Honduran-American, third year college student

"I know a lot of people think L.A. and they see a picture in their head, but those people obviously don't know me, because I sit on a couch every day. That's my idea of a good time - just being in a sweat suit."-Hayley Williams, Paramore
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Flames? Take a number and have a seat. Have a nice day :)

Dangelia
Senator

Founded: Jul 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:03 pm

Doesn't anyone ever get tired talking about Syria?

Pacifornia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacifornia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:05 pm

Dangelia wrote:Doesn't anyone ever get tired talking about Syria?

I guess there are other things to worry about as well, including personal things.

Souriya Al-Assad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Souriya Al-Assad » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:06 pm

No, because I love Syria too much to stop talking about it.

Soviet Russia Republic
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Russia Republic » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:11 pm

If I was tired of it, I wouldn't talk/post about Syria to anyone anywhere.
Head of Government: Lenia Baikova
Head of State: Vasily Kebin
Population: 172 million
Economy: Command
Religion: State Atheism
Chest' i Slava Rossii
Pro:Russia|Serbia|Norway|Just Russia|CSTO|Secularism|Social Equality
Anti:Nazism|Stalinism|Racism|Homophobia|Religious Extremism|Terrorism

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Soviet Russia Republic wrote:

If I was tired of it, I wouldn't talk/post about Syria to anyone anywhere.

Speaking of that, you want to play Risk? :P

Viperco1
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 03, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Viperco1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Just got this from the news.

Senator Dianne Feinstein: "The responses from my constituents are overwhelmingly negative, but then again they don't know what I know."

Well I probably wasn't going to vote for her anyways. Glad I just copied and pasted my e-mail to her from the one I sent to my congressman, same party though so it probably means nothing.
Last edited by Viperco1 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.31

We need to stop separating social problems from the people who cause them.

Those who refuse to coexist shouldn't be allowed to exist at all.
Unitary Secular Global Constitutional Techno-Utopian Meritocratic Republic with a Common Law System based on Sex-Positive, Libertarian and Chinese Legalist principles having a Universal First Language, Gender Equality, Politico-Criminal Eliminationism and Class Collaboration within a Social Market Economy.
Meta: Nihilism
Normative: Preferance Utilitarianism, Natural Law, Ethics of Care
Personal: Hedonism, Intellectuallism
Art: Aestheticism
Metaphysical Naturalism, Atheism, Physicalism, Determinism, Presentism, Monism, Dysteleology, Existential Nihilism

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Viperco1 wrote:Just got this from the news.

Senator Dianne Feinstein: "The responses from my constituents are overwhelmingly negative, but then again they don't know what I know."

Well I probably wasn't going to vote for her anyways. Glad I just copied and pasted my e-mail to her from the one I sent to my congressman, same party though so it probably means nothing.

Speaking of Senator Fienstein: http://www.alternet.org/story/145661/de ... re_farmers

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/200 ... sis/print/

Well, she certainly knows more than the voters :P

Shrillland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Shrillland » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:00 pm

Souriya Al-Assad wrote:

I suggest Americans do the same concerning their leaders, a massively signed petition (might) do the work necessary to stop this madness.

We've tried protesting and petitions. It didn't work with Vietnam, and it didn't work with Iraq either. Once America wants war they will take it.

Not really.
How America Came to This, by Kowani: Racialised Politics, Ideological Media Gaslighting, and What It All Means For The Future
Plebiscite Plaza 2024
Confused by the names I use for House districts? Here's a primer!
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:04 pm

I was just told that Congress voted yes on Syria, I can't find confirmation.

Souriya Al-Assad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Souriya Al-Assad » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:16 pm

Shrillland wrote:
Souriya Al-Assad wrote:

We've tried protesting and petitions. It didn't work with Vietnam, and it didn't work with Iraq either. Once America wants war they will take it.

Not really.

So... all hope is lost then. :(

Genivaria wrote:I was just told that Congress voted yes on Syria, I can't find confirmation.

If this is true, this means our Assemblé Nationale is going to follow suit, which means......... war. :palm:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General