NATION

PASSWORD

Booze and Rape

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:26 pm

Dumb Ideologies wrote:This is a tricky one. It's things like this that make the "rape is rape" sloganeering seem pretty disconnected from reality. I mean, yeah, rape is rape, of course it is, buttermilk is buttermilk and mousemats are mousemats. But that doesn't mean there aren't different kinds and levels of severity or that the boundaries can't be a little fuzzy. It's complicated and when people claim it isn't they make me feel like there's some deeper comprehensive definition that's in their bonus edition.

What the heck is a mousemat is that same as a mouse pad? :eyebrow:

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
You know what?

Steel's right.

It's not worth the moral or legal risk.

Plus, how can I fully appreciate a woman if I am buzzed or drunk?

No booze for me when I'm on a date.

... *looks longingly at rum bottle next to my bed*

Surely you mean no booze for your partner when you're on a date?

OKay, neither of us.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:16 pm

Tahar Joblis wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Impaired consent is definitely not consent when the other person is not impaired. But to say that mentally impaired people are inherently incapable of consent is ridiculous.

The Parkus Empire wrote:Yup. And not just with me, with everyone I'd ever seen her have sex with (she'd fuck in the middle of a party). When we booked a room, she'd always get at least one bottle of Jack and we'd kill it first.

Let's say, one night, you were on medication that was incompatible with alcohol. Your friend, who you've talked about, wants to bang. And moreover, wants to get drunk first. But you want to still have a liver that works, so you don't want to drink.

Her end of everything is entirely the same. She's drinking as a prelude to sex, because she wants her sex drunk, damnit. The only difference is that you're not actually drinking with her.

Do you think that it would suddenly become rape if you decided to make her happy by saying that yes, she can have her booze and her happy sex, you're just not going to take shots with her?

No. I probably wouldn't feel comfortable doing it, but if it's all okay and agreed upon prior, then I wouldn't call it rape. It's just like being woken up by sex: if it's something that's agreed upon as okay prior with a particular person, then it's not rape.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

George Kaplan
Envoy

Founded: Nov 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby George Kaplan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah....whoah

Getting a chick wasted, where she's still awake and where she's doing most of the *aheming* for you, is not rape.

It's freedom.
"I am fucking awesome" -Me, 11/16/2011

"Fuck sympathy! I don't need your fuckin' sympathy, man, I need my fucking johnson!" -The Dude

Hot! Dickings!

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:30 pm

George Kaplan wrote:Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah....whoah

Getting a chick wasted, where she's still awake and where she's doing most of the *aheming* for you, is not rape.

It's freedom.

If you're "getting a chick wasted" to increase your chances of consent, it's definitely rape, yeah. Using drugs to get consent is not consent, even if the drugged person initiates.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

George Kaplan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby George Kaplan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:33 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah....whoah

It's freedom.

If you're "getting a chick wasted" to increase your chances of consent, it's definitely rape, yeah. Using drugs to get consent is not consent, even if the drugged person initiates.

Er, offering to get a chick a drink, her wanting to drink more, going back to her place and she doing most of the work, albeit incredibly hammered, is hardly rape. Especially if she is the one who starts. As long as she is conscious and consenting, where drugs weren't involuntarily given, it's not rape.

"Fuck sympathy! I don't need your fuckin' sympathy, man, I need my fucking johnson!" -The Dude

Hot! Dickings!

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:38 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:If you're "getting a chick wasted" to increase your chances of consent, it's definitely rape, yeah. Using drugs to get consent is not consent, even if the drugged person initiates.

Er, offering to get a chick a drink, her wanting to drink more, going back to her place and she doing most of the work, albeit incredibly hammered, is hardly rape. Especially if she is the one who starts. As long as she is conscious and consenting, where drugs weren't involuntarily given, it's not rape.

Would she consent without the drugs?
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

George Kaplan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby George Kaplan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:40 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:

Would she consent without the drugs?

Well yeah.

Hot! Dickings!

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:43 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Would she consent without the drugs?

Well yeah.

If she gives explicit prior consent, then it's fine. But "getting a chick wasted" is a phrase used by a lot of pieces of shit who get women drunk to rape them, you see.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

George Kaplan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby George Kaplan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:47 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:
Well yeah.

If she gives explicit prior consent, then it's fine. But "getting a chick wasted" is a phrase used by a lot of pieces of shit who get women drunk to rape them, you see.

Even then, I don't consider it rape. When you go to a bar and a chick voluntarily gets drunk, she's responsible for how uninhibited she becomes. Especially if she's the one that invites you back to her place, and if she is the one who starts. It's not like I'm running around with roofies for fuck's sake.

Hot! Dickings!

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:50 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:If she gives explicit prior consent, then it's fine. But "getting a chick wasted" is a phrase used by a lot of pieces of shit who get women drunk to rape them, you see.

Even then, I don't consider it rape. When you go to a bar and a chick voluntarily gets drunk, she's responsible for how uninhibited she becomes. Especially if she's the one that invites you back to her place, and if she is the one who starts. It's not like I'm running around with roofies for fuck's sake.

No, it's more like letting a twelve-year-old blow you.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:08 pm

Dumb Ideologies wrote:This is a tricky one. It's things like this that make the "rape is rape" sloganeering seem pretty disconnected from reality. I mean, yeah, rape is rape, of course it is, buttermilk is buttermilk and mousemats are mousemats. But that doesn't mean there aren't different kinds and levels of severity or that the boundaries can't be a little fuzzy. It's complicated and when people claim it isn't they make me feel like there's some deeper comprehensive definition that's in their bonus edition.

"Fuzzy" zones fall under "rape", because if they didn't, all rape would be "fuzzy". Hell there are probably people who want to get threatened and brutally fucked on their way home from work at night, but that doesn't make it "fuzzy". That's why it's a good idea to stay away the concept of "grey areas" and "blurred lines".
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:33 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:If you're "getting a chick wasted" to increase your chances of consent, it's definitely rape, yeah. Using drugs to get consent is not consent, even if the drugged person initiates.

Yeah except drunk consent isn't consent.

So, uh, yeah.

Sorry. You're actually a rapist and you legitimately deserve to be in jail.
Last edited by The Steel Magnolia on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:40 pm

The Steel Magnolia wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:

Yeah except drunk consent isn't consent.

So, uh, yeah.

Sorry. You're actually a rapist and you legitimately deserve to be in jail.

"Rape is relative" is the new fedora crowd slogan, it seems.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Chishimotata
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chishimotata » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:59 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:If she gives explicit prior consent, then it's fine. But "getting a chick wasted" is a phrase used by a lot of pieces of shit who get women drunk to rape them, you see.

Uh... you do realize that the most commonly used date rape drug happens to be ethanol AKA alcohol, right? (source)

I'm sorry, but if you get a girl so drunk that she doesn't know what she's consenting to, you're a rapist.

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:10 pm

Chishimotata wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:

Uh... you do realize that the most commonly used date rape drug happens to be ethanol AKA alcohol, right? (source)

I'm sorry, but if you get a girl so drunk that she doesn't know what she's consenting to, you're a rapist.

Then why on earth is alcohol legal in the united states. If it truly causes such great impairment that people can't control their own bodies and wills, then ican't imagine how any sane person would say people should be allowed to consume it (even if it is mostly used in moderation though I question given this because of the purported stats on rape).

Alternatively I would positive a theory of "transitive consent" that is if you consent to surrender your free will to a mind altering substance then by extension you have consented to anything you may agree to while in that altered state. :)

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:10 pm

Llamalandia wrote:
Chishimotata wrote:Uh... you do realize that the most commonly used date rape drug happens to be ethanol AKA alcohol, right? (source)

Then why on earth is alcohol legal in the united states. If it truly causes such great impairment that people can't control their own bodies and wills, then ican't imagine how any sane person would say people should be allowed to consume it (even if it is mostly used in moderation though I question given this because of the purported stats on rape).

Alternatively I would positive a theory of "transitive consent" that is if you consent to surrender your free will to a mind altering substance then by extension you have consented to anything you may agree to while in that altered state. :)

Holy shit.

Like seriously, holy shit. How fucking badly do you want to rape people?

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:12 pm

Llamalandia wrote:

Holy shit.

I have never and shall never rape anyone. Why would you even ask such question, I seriously don't like the insinuation here with all due respect.

Chishimotata
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chishimotata » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Llamalandia wrote:
Chishimotata wrote:Uh... you do realize that the most commonly used date rape drug happens to be ethanol AKA alcohol, right? (source)

What in the flying fuck is wrong with you?! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A DEFAULT STATE OF CONSENT.

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Perhaps because you just spoke about how badly you wanted a world where you'd be free to rape every fucking person you see.

Jesus Christ almighty. Get some fucking help.

Edlichbury
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Edlichbury » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Llamalandia wrote:
Holy shit.

I have never and shall never rape anyone. Why would you even ask such question, I seriously don't like the insinuation here with all due respect.

Then perhaps you should not make a post that states a desire to rape people through copious amounts of drugs.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:21 pm

Llamalandia wrote:

Dude, what the fuck is the matter with you? Can you not be a fucking creepy rapist, is that so much to ask?
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Chishimotata
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chishimotata » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:25 pm

Llamalandia wrote:
Holy shit.

Llamalandia wrote:Alternatively I would positive a theory of "transitive consent" that is if you consent to surrender your free will to a mind altering substance then by extension you have consented to anything you may agree to while in that altered state.

Yeah, no. If you have this particular mindset, you are either a rapist or a rape apologist. In either case, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:25 pm

Chishimotata wrote:
Llamalandia wrote:

What in the flying fuck is wrong with you?! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A DEFAULT STATE OF CONSENT.

I didn't say default state of consent did I? I say that if you consent to one thing it may be worth considering that said consent extends to other things as a result. For example if you consent to whole organ donation by extension you have also consented to tissue donation (despite the fact that nowhere is tissue donation stated in the authorization.)

Also keep in mind until the 70's I believe marital rape wasn't even considered a crime. The logic was a consent to marry was consent to sex in perpetuity. It was until like the 80 or 90's that it became outlawed in the whole USA and if not too much mistaken marital rape is still treated differently today in some states the rape between unrelated persons.

Additionally and no offense but men and women have plyed each other with alcohol to get things from the other for centuries if not millennia, doesn't mean it was right but as a historical truth it certainly happened alot in the past and so by default many of us are at some point descended from a "drunk rapist".

Also just because I don't necessarily by the argument that alcohol impaired consent is equal to rape doesn't mean I have a desire to rape anyone. :)

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:26 pm

Edlichbury wrote:
Llamalandia wrote:

Then perhaps you should not make a post that states a desire to rape people through copious amounts of drugs.

To what post are you referring in which I claim "I personally" wish to rape anyone through copious amounts of drugs (and it was solely alcohol that was being discussed in the first place). :)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General