NATION

PASSWORD

Maine threatens mom feeding baby goat's milk

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Remove ads

User avatar
Greed and Death
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48453
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Greed and Death » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:20 am

http://www.news4sanantonio.com/news/fea ... 1587.shtml

Seems the issue is because the goats milk lacks vitamins needed for infants, so that is why the state is interceding.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 95807
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:20 am

Ailiailia wrote:Goat's milk is the best milk for kids. :)

:lol:
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo| In support of Arch

User avatar
Napkiraly
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36679
Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Napkiraly » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:20 am

The Independent States wrote:Another example of overreactions from the state, Maine made threatened a local mom with arrest for feeding her baby non-GMO, healthy goat milk. Goat milk was used for thousands of years to treat allergies and build immunity, it also has no preservatives and is a perfect alternative for babies intolerant of human/cow milk. Before I even get into the fact that GMO made formulas can have negative affects on growth, can anybody possibly provide reason for this?

http://www.naturalnews.com/041653_Depar ... abies.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ACamPgUXV0

A source devoted to quackery and a video with a man beyond the realm of batshit insane.

Should this be taken seriously? Decisions, decisions...
Potentially converting to Orthodox Christianity. Aspirant MD-PhD in medical genetics.

User avatar
Torcularis Septentrionalis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9398
Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:22 am

Neo Arcad wrote:
Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:Oh, I couldn't tell if sarcasm or serious.


You couldn't tell that "The government invented facts" was sarcasm? :eyebrow:

The things I've seen on the good ol' internet in the past 15 years...
The Andromeda Islands wrote:This! Is! A! Bad! Idea!
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.



20 year old female. Camgirl/student. Call me Torc/TS/Alix

User avatar
The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12498
Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:22 am

Tell me, TIS, are you against the MMR jab?

User avatar
The Independent States
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 177
Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent States » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:24 am

Farnhamia wrote:
The Independent States wrote:
You're saying that fluoride, MSG, and aspartame are safe? Nope, even some mainstream articles are hinting that they're not but very blindly. Fluoride has been proven to reduce IQ and testosterone, and aspartame was proven to increase hunger and obesity in children (aspartame transfers into the body as wood alcohol, which is linked to blindness and seizures). But I can see that someone would doubt it if they have been listening to puppet stations such as NBC or CNN. Do you know who discredits the vaccine claims? People that sell them. Mercury causes brain damage, and mercury is in the vaccines, if that isn't common sense then nothing is.


http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/featur ... jean-choi/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/201 ... ition.html

http://vactruth.com/2013/07/04/vaccinat ... es-autism/

The fluoride source is a meta-study of other studies and the conclusion was, maybe we should look at this more. It is not a total condemnation of fluoride.

Gosh, science finds new evidence that artificial sweeteners might be bad for you. Remind me what this proves?

Mercury does not occur in vaccines. It was removed - although it was harmless - more than ten years ago, except for some influenza and tetanus vaccines.


Um, perhaps you haven't heard that mercury poisons people? :palm:

User avatar
Avenio
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11113
Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:24 am

Farnhamia wrote:Mercury does not occur in vaccines. It was removed - although it was harmless - more than ten years ago, except for some influenza and tetanus vaccines.


And shockingly, amazingly, the rate of diagnosis for autism hasn't been affected. It's following the same pattern it has for the last twenty years uninterrupted.
Last edited by Avenio on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Independent States
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 177
Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent States » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:27 am

Napkiraly wrote:
The Independent States wrote:Another example of overreactions from the state, Maine made threatened a local mom with arrest for feeding her baby non-GMO, healthy goat milk. Goat milk was used for thousands of years to treat allergies and build immunity, it also has no preservatives and is a perfect alternative for babies intolerant of human/cow milk. Before I even get into the fact that GMO made formulas can have negative affects on growth, can anybody possibly provide reason for this?

http://www.naturalnews.com/041653_Depar ... abies.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ACamPgUXV0

A source devoted to quackery and a video with a man beyond the realm of batshit insane.

Should this be taken seriously? Decisions, decisions...


You know he's had NSA generals and health professionals on his show right?

User avatar
Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11242
Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:27 am

Avenio wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Mercury does not occur in vaccines. It was removed - although it was harmless - more than ten years ago, except for some influenza and tetanus vaccines.


And shockingly, amazingly, the rate of diagnosis for autism hasn't been affected. It's following the same pattern it has for the last twenty years uninterrupted.


I hate to kill a good conversation/angry shouting match in the making, but let's not make this an autism and vaccines thread. It's about a New England witch-woman feeding her spawn a bizarre goat secretion, and Big Brother's attempts to stop her.
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

User avatar
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 30416
Founded: Antiquity
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Katganistan » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:27 am

The Independent States wrote:Another example of overreactions from the state, Maine made threatened a local mom with arrest for feeding her baby non-GMO, healthy goat milk. Goat milk was used for thousands of years to treat allergies and build immunity, it also has no preservatives and is a perfect alternative for babies intolerant of human/cow milk. Before I even get into the fact that GMO made formulas can have negative affects on growth, can anybody possibly provide reason for this?

http://www.naturalnews.com/041653_Depar ... abies.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ACamPgUXV0

I find that hard to believe. No one pisses and moans about feeding kids cow's milk, and it's more likely to upset the digestion.

Goat's milk is often used when kids are allergic to cow's.

Or is this another "government wants to force you to feed your kids chemicals!!!101111!!!! thingie?

Maybe this goat's milk isn't pasteurized or something? I mean ffs, they sell goat's milk in my supermarket.
Incorrigible Punsters
Kat, I am your father!
Why I Should Be One of the New Moderators

Kat: "What crime am I to be charged with?"
Sgt Toomey: "Being off the market and denying the many legions of Katganifans the chance to hope they will be the next to be putty in your Katganihands. Sorry. Just Hammasturbating."

Ahhhhh. look at all the Statesy people....
In the Beginning...
The Skeptic's Elite
Katganistan can!
My Little Nations

Drasnia's description of the Nationstates Experience

Learning English: It's Not Just for Non-Native Speakers
The Hivemind... isn't. Your mileage may vary.

User avatar
United Furry Alliance
Diplomat
 
Posts: 795
Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Furry Alliance » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:28 am

Damn this topics "hot" IMO they should have just got damn liquid vitamins or put them in the milk.
Past-A small island nation of warrior monks
Modern-continent sized nation Run by Scholars.
Futuristic-Star sized mobile station that travels the multiverse run by scientists.
Pros-Science and democracies,USA(mostly),Atheism,Blueberries.
Cons-Religon,Monarchy,Cherries,

User avatar
Napkiraly
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36679
Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Napkiraly » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:29 am

The Independent States wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:The fluoride source is a meta-study of other studies and the conclusion was, maybe we should look at this more. It is not a total condemnation of fluoride.

Gosh, science finds new evidence that artificial sweeteners might be bad for you. Remind me what this proves?

Mercury does not occur in vaccines. It was removed - although it was harmless - more than ten years ago, except for some influenza and tetanus vaccines.


Um, perhaps you haven't heard that mercury poisons people? :palm:

In certain amounts of concentrations it does.

Do you eat fish?
Potentially converting to Orthodox Christianity. Aspirant MD-PhD in medical genetics.

User avatar
Gauthier
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52887
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:30 am

The Independent States wrote:
Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:Please, tell us all about your conspiracy theory that the AAP only publishes things that Obama has stamped.


Again, they encourage GMO made formulas made from high fructose corn syrup (which slows growth in infants btw). I'm not sure what makes this a "conspiracy theory", anyone can say that their argument is truth but haven't we seen this over and over? You cant have knowledge without truth, dont deny it.


Which is why we let Christian Scientists off the hook when their children die because they thought praying for God and Jesus to cast Cure Critical Wounds instead of taking them to the hospital is sound medical advice.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

User avatar
Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10235
Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:30 am

Ailiailia wrote:Goat's milk is the best milk for kids. :)

Pretty sure medical experts would recommend human or donkey milk instead.

Human is obviously problematic for our place at the top of various alimentar webs, meaning we end up with a greater concentration of toxines in our bodies, but still it is very important until 6 months.
Aequalitia's bromancey mancrush.
Test: Seemingly, libertarian communism was renamed "social democracy"
Compass: economic left -9.85, social libertarian -8.97
Socio-Economic Ideology: Democratic Socialist (92% ditto/Marxist, 75% Anarchist/Social democrat, 0% etc)

Born 12/94. Weird in all senses starting at 07/2000. NSG's resident euro-carioca bara-fudanshi useless lazy perv. Agnostic atheist (not anti-religious), bi-affective homosexual/demiheterosexual (and bi-curious i.e. chronologically 95% bisexual-ish but 5% true bi), slightly more masculine of both tad neutral and tad ambiguous gender (human-/oneself-identified genderqueer; he, xe or ou, your preference), naturist, "worker" class, mildly hipster/japanophile, etc.

User avatar
Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10235
Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:31 am

United Furry Alliance wrote:Damn this topics "hot" IMO they should have just got damn liquid vitamins or put them in the milk.

Alimentar balance is not that easy to obtain.

Artificial nutrification isn't a guarantee it will be absorbed by the digestion proccess even of adults.
Aequalitia's bromancey mancrush.
Test: Seemingly, libertarian communism was renamed "social democracy"
Compass: economic left -9.85, social libertarian -8.97
Socio-Economic Ideology: Democratic Socialist (92% ditto/Marxist, 75% Anarchist/Social democrat, 0% etc)

Born 12/94. Weird in all senses starting at 07/2000. NSG's resident euro-carioca bara-fudanshi useless lazy perv. Agnostic atheist (not anti-religious), bi-affective homosexual/demiheterosexual (and bi-curious i.e. chronologically 95% bisexual-ish but 5% true bi), slightly more masculine of both tad neutral and tad ambiguous gender (human-/oneself-identified genderqueer; he, xe or ou, your preference), naturist, "worker" class, mildly hipster/japanophile, etc.

User avatar
The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12498
Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:32 am

The Independent States wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:The fluoride source is a meta-study of other studies and the conclusion was, maybe we should look at this more. It is not a total condemnation of fluoride.

Gosh, science finds new evidence that artificial sweeteners might be bad for you. Remind me what this proves?

Mercury does not occur in vaccines. It was removed - although it was harmless - more than ten years ago, except for some influenza and tetanus vaccines.


Um, perhaps you haven't heard that mercury poisons people? :palm:

The thing is, I trust somebody who's fucking job it is to mix this stuff up- the same stuff then having to go through a series of rigorous medical trials- more than I trust an misinformed non-chemists' opinion.

There's questioning authority, and there's being absurd.

User avatar
Torcularis Septentrionalis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9398
Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:32 am

Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:Goat's milk is the best milk for kids. :)

Pretty sure medical experts would recommend human or donkey milk instead.

Human is obviously problematic for our place at the top of various alimentar webs, meaning we end up with a greater concentration of toxines in our bodies, but still it is very important until 6 months.

You missed the joke.
The Andromeda Islands wrote:This! Is! A! Bad! Idea!
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.



20 year old female. Camgirl/student. Call me Torc/TS/Alix

User avatar
United Furry Alliance
Diplomat
 
Posts: 795
Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Furry Alliance » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:36 am

Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro wrote:
United Furry Alliance wrote:Damn this topics "hot" IMO they should have just got damn liquid vitamins or put them in the milk.

Alimentar balance is not that easy to obtain.

Artificial nutrification isn't a guarantee it will be absorbed by the digestion proccess even of adults.

Did they give it a chance. (no they didn't) So it stays an option till they do.
Past-A small island nation of warrior monks
Modern-continent sized nation Run by Scholars.
Futuristic-Star sized mobile station that travels the multiverse run by scientists.
Pros-Science and democracies,USA(mostly),Atheism,Blueberries.
Cons-Religon,Monarchy,Cherries,

User avatar
Torcularis Septentrionalis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9398
Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:36 am

My question is, the woman clearly tried to feed from the breast. Why didn't she just put breast milk in a bottle? Why did she abandon breast milk and head straight for fucking goat's milk?
The Andromeda Islands wrote:This! Is! A! Bad! Idea!
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.



20 year old female. Camgirl/student. Call me Torc/TS/Alix

User avatar
AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27722
Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:36 am

Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:Goat's milk is the best milk for kids. :)

Pretty sure medical experts would recommend human or donkey milk instead.


Human milk? That's just weird ...

Image
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

User avatar
The Corparation
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33851
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Corporate Police State

Postby The Corparation » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:38 am

Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:My question is, the woman clearly tried to feed from the breast. Why didn't she just put breast milk in a bottle? Why did she abandon breast milk and head straight for fucking goat's milk?

Obviously she accidentally drank fluoridated water and the breast milk thus had concentrated Flourine that would of given her child Downs Syndrome and also somehow AIDS,
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Prop 65, CA Health & Safety
This Cell is intentionally blank.

User avatar
Torcularis Septentrionalis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9398
Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:39 am

The Corparation wrote:
Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:My question is, the woman clearly tried to feed from the breast. Why didn't she just put breast milk in a bottle? Why did she abandon breast milk and head straight for fucking goat's milk?

Obviously she accidentally drank fluoridated water and the breast milk thus had concentrated Flourine that would of given her child Downs Syndrome and also somehow AIDS,

About as much sense as anything that the conspiracy theorists are coming up with.
The Andromeda Islands wrote:This! Is! A! Bad! Idea!
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.



20 year old female. Camgirl/student. Call me Torc/TS/Alix

User avatar
Brocwika
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1362
Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brocwika » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:40 am

Neo Arcad wrote:
Avenio wrote:
And shockingly, amazingly, the rate of diagnosis for autism hasn't been affected. It's following the same pattern it has for the last twenty years uninterrupted.


I hate to kill a good conversation/angry shouting match in the making, but let's not make this an autism and vaccines thread. It's about a New England witch-woman feeding her spawn a bizarre goat secretion, and Big Brother's attempts to stop her.


You're my new favorite person.
Vintery, Mintery, Cuttery, Corn
Appleseed and Applethorn
Wire, Briar, Limberlock
Three geese in a flock
One flew east, one flew west...
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Current Time To Doomsday
"A fear of weapons is a sign of undeveloped emotional and sexual maturity"~~Sigmund Freud.

My Website (it's not finished but check it out)

User avatar
Ashmoria
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46718
Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:53 am

The Independent States wrote:Another example of overreactions from the state, Maine made threatened a local mom with arrest for feeding her baby non-GMO, healthy goat milk. Goat milk was used for thousands of years to treat allergies and build immunity, it also has no preservatives and is a perfect alternative for babies intolerant of human/cow milk. Before I even get into the fact that GMO made formulas can have negative affects on growth, can anybody possibly provide reason for this?

http://www.naturalnews.com/041653_Depar ... abies.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ACamPgUXV0

when I was a baby 56 years ago it was common to make your own infant formula out of canned milk, corn syrup and...whatever else was available.

today we have scientifically formulated infant formula that has an excellent chance of giving your baby everything it needs to grow and thrive. the next best thing to breast milk.

I think the state is very right to stop this mother from making her own formula based on stuff she read online.
whatever

User avatar
Ashmoria
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46718
Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:55 am

Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:My question is, the woman clearly tried to feed from the breast. Why didn't she just put breast milk in a bottle? Why did she abandon breast milk and head straight for fucking goat's milk?


....

she tried and was unsuccessful. there are many kinds of unsuccessful but pretty much all of them result in not making enough milk to feed the baby.
whatever

PreviousNext

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aggicificicerous, Ethel mermania, Majestic-12 [Bot], Platypus Bureaucracy, The blAAtschApen, The Grims, The Two Jerseys

Remove ads