NATION

PASSWORD

North Korea & U.S.A

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Remove ads

User avatar
Surfistan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1700
Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Surfistan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:31 am

North Korea, except for sinking a few ships (sadly enough), maybe go ape the next decade (again) but overall will do nothing, simply because China won't allow it.

The US... Really has other stuff to do except going to another useless long war, that will cost billions upon billions.
Last edited by Surfistan on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Timna
Envoy
 
Posts: 295
Founded: Aug 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Timna » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:31 am

Australasia wrote:
Conscentia wrote:Their so-called missiles. Their hypothetical range allows them to hit Guam, provided Japan or South Korea don't stop the missile, which they are entirely capable of doing.


Fixed.

I suspect any Japanese, South Korean, or American officers responsible for coordinating defense against North Korea's hilarious little missiles aren't losing any sleep.

I'm pretty sure it was Sun-Tzu who said "if you underestimate your enemy, he can make you look like a huge cunt in front of all your mates".

User avatar
Business Cat
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 55
Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Business Cat » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:32 am

Lancaster of Wessex wrote:
Business Cat wrote:
Nonsense? Look above what I said. "As far as I know of." Jeez, quit makeing a big deal about it. :3


I am making a big deal of it because it's your thread and your op, which notes the possibility of North Korea attacking the USA, which I'm convinced will never happen, because the N Korean regime knows the consequences. That's all. :P


... :3

User avatar
Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21600
Founded: May 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Horusland » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:33 am

Lancaster of Wessex wrote:
Business Cat wrote:
Nonsense? Look above what I said. "As far as I know of." Jeez, quit makeing a big deal about it. :3


I am making a big deal of it because it's your thread and your op, which notes the possibility of North Korea attacking the USA, which I'm convinced will never happen, because the N Korean regime knows the consequences. That's all. :P

So, say that it won't happen, and state a reason for it. Don't say that it's nonsense and ask where he got it from.
Luckily, this OP didn't overreact, which is common on this site.
Last edited by Horusland on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

User avatar
Blekksprutia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5957
Founded: Mar 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Blekksprutia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:37 am

If Kim Jong-Un could get his sizeable behind out of his throne to nuke the US, I would applaud his upper body strength, and then grow extra eyes and die.
KILLUGON and BERNIE SANDERS and my moirail, ERIDEL.
Founder of Kotturheim, home to my GAY POLECATS, who are TOO FABULOUS FOR YOU.
Arg: Blekk does that. The topics of same sex marriage and the human race's fight against idiocy motivate him to write some truly impressive and glorious rants that deserve to be remembered and sigged.
Zott: I see our Blekky has discovered the joys of amphetamines.
Horus: blekky you are blekky i am horus
Rio: Blekky you are the best person on this website. Figuratively, kiss me.
Blekky is like a bunny. He looks adorable, yet he might bite you till it hurts.
Veccy: you're the worst blekky
The Balkens: Blekk does that, he has been taught by NSG's greatest practitioners of Snark to Snark combat.
Napki: Marry me, Blekk
Aeq: Blekk, you are Jesus!!!

User avatar
Business Cat
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 55
Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Business Cat » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:39 am

HorusLand wrote:
Lancaster of Wessex wrote:
I am making a big deal of it because it's your thread and your op, which notes the possibility of North Korea attacking the USA, which I'm convinced will never happen, because the N Korean regime knows the consequences. That's all. :P

So, say that it won't happen, and state a reason for it. Don't say that it's nonsense and ask where he got it from.
Luckily, this OP didn't overreact, which is common on this site.


Thank you! Good god! Finally, someone is friendly around here! I owe you one. Even though it wasn't much...

User avatar
Lancaster of Wessex
Senator
 
Posts: 4925
Founded: Feb 21, 2004
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:39 am

HorusLand wrote:
Lancaster of Wessex wrote:
I am making a big deal of it because it's your thread and your op, which notes the possibility of North Korea attacking the USA, which I'm convinced will never happen, because the N Korean regime knows the consequences. That's all. :P

So, say that it won't happen, and state a reason for it. Don't say that it's nonsense and ask where he got it from.
Luckily, this OP didn't overreact, which is common on this site.


My apologies then. But when people post items with no sources and is pure conjecture, it doesn't make for a very healthy thread at the outset.
Lancaster.
Duke of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Lancaster of Wessex

The Most High, Potent, and Noble Prince, Lancaster, By the Grace of God, Duke of Wessex, Protector of the Enclaved Pious Estates of The Church of Wessex, Lord of Saint Aldhelm Islands, Prince and Great Steward of Celtic Wessex, Keeper of the Great Seal of the Duchy and House of Lancaster of Wessex, Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Illustrious Order of the Gold Gryphon, etc.

User avatar
Elmo Logic
Envoy
 
Posts: 220
Founded: Nov 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Elmo Logic » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:40 am

Business Cat wrote:Okay, well, I have heard that North Korea is planning to attack U.S.A. Or U.S.A attacking North Korea. Either way, I find it odd since the fact that we done nothing to them. Or,... as far as I know of....

What might be your opinion on this matter? Do you think it's true?


Yes, I think it's probably true. America has probably made plans to attack you again. Who knows why? They're just a bit like that.

What kind of business do you have in North Korea, Business Cat? Maybe selling dogs to restaurants?

User avatar
Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21600
Founded: May 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Horusland » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:41 am

Business Cat wrote:
HorusLand wrote:So, say that it won't happen, and state a reason for it. Don't say that it's nonsense and ask where he got it from.
Luckily, this OP didn't overreact, which is common on this site.


Thank you! Good god! Finally, someone is friendly around here! I owe you one. Even though it wasn't much...

I like the way you post. You're sociable.
NS is full of people who get angry from the first thing that someone says that seems to be the tiniest bit wrong. I should know, I was one of them.
I guess we always learn to change for the better. :)

Off topic post, we should switch back.
Last edited by Horusland on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

User avatar
Zepplien
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6725
Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zepplien » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:42 am

I do take a little issue on this:
I find it odd since the fact that we done nothing to them.

We were the ones who divided the Korean Peninsula with an illegal UN action, preventing the North from unifying with the south (Something that wasn't as unpopular as it would be today)

To make an analogy, if during the US Civil War Brittan came in, killed a bunch of union soldiers, then proclaimed that the union was now North America, and the Confederacy was South America, and if North did anything to try and make its country whole then Brittan would come and take over. I think Americans would be really pissed, like the North Koreans are
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Come to the Communist side, we have Cookies Wheat
I take boring you to a whole new level!
Never mistake my IC nation for communism. think of it as Zepism, something unique and terrifying
Ode to Zepplin:

You Play as a Bisexual think tank, in a woemans body so gracefully... But as quickly as you came you are gone playing a Chineese Clone... Then you are a stupid, homocidal iddiot who will kill 1000 people for his own power... You are my hero.

User avatar
Timna
Envoy
 
Posts: 295
Founded: Aug 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Timna » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:42 am

Lancaster of Wessex wrote:
HorusLand wrote:So, say that it won't happen, and state a reason for it. Don't say that it's nonsense and ask where he got it from.
Luckily, this OP didn't overreact, which is common on this site.


My apologies then. But when people post items with no sources and is pure conjecture, it doesn't make for a very healthy thread at the outset.

Well until Manbrad Lee or similar leaks the strength and disposition of the DPRK's military, as well as some kind of huge set of memos saying "do we want to attack the US really, y/n?" with responses, we're not going to get very many sources for this.

User avatar
Benuty
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34332
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Benuty » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:43 am

Surfistan wrote:North Korea, except for sinking a few ships (sadly enough), maybe go ape the next decade (again) but overall will do nothing, simply because China won't allow it.

The US... Really has other stuff to do except going to another useless long war, that will cost billions upon billions.


Implying China would risk its money cow by defending North Korea seems rather redundant don't you think?
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity.
Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

User avatar
Business Cat
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 55
Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Business Cat » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:43 am

HorusLand wrote:
Business Cat wrote:
Thank you! Good god! Finally, someone is friendly around here! I owe you one. Even though it wasn't much...

I like the way you post. You're sociable.
NS is full of people who get angry from the first thing that someone says that seems to be the tiniest bit wrong. I should know, I was one of them.
I guess we always learn to change for the better. :)

Off topic post, we should switch back.


Of course! The great Pudding of Business Cat never get's angry. For this cat calms down with... CATNIP! But overall, that is just what I heard. I've also heard that they have 15,000,000 troops. But I don't believe it.

User avatar
Australasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 934
Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Australasia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:46 am

Zepplien wrote:I do take a little issue on this:
I find it odd since the fact that we done nothing to them.

We were the ones who divided the Korean Peninsula with an illegal UN action, preventing the North from unifying with the south (Something that wasn't as unpopular as it would be today)

To make an analogy, if during the US Civil War Brittan came in, killed a bunch of union soldiers, then proclaimed that the union was now North America, and the Confederacy was South America, and if North did anything to try and make its country whole then Brittan would come and take over. I think Americans would be really pissed, like the North Koreans are


What a silly analogy, and utterly ridiculous. The United Nations, in accordance with international law, authorized an intervention force to save South Korea from North Korean aggression. Today South Korea is a prosperous and stable liberal democracy while North Korea is an impoverished tyrannical regime (not to mention very weird and nutty too).
Last edited by Australasia on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Positive: Equality, world peace, Universal Human Rights (Gender equality, LGBT rights, minority rights), the United Nations, secular constitutional liberal democracy, moderate progressivism, EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia, NZ, Nordic countries, Switzerland, Argentina, Japan, South Korea, all other developed countries & civilized democracies, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Humanism, free market socialism, universal healthcare & education, environmentalism, Animal welfare, internationalism
Negative: Extremism, dictatorship, fascism, communism, totalitarianism, racism, sexism, homophobia, bigotry, backwardness, authoritarian regimes (Saudi Arabia, Iran, Uganda, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, NK, etc), Islam, Mormonism, Sharia, ignorance, inequality

User avatar
Blekksprutia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5957
Founded: Mar 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Blekksprutia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:46 am

HorusLand wrote:
Business Cat wrote:
Thank you! Good god! Finally, someone is friendly around here! I owe you one. Even though it wasn't much...

I like the way you post. You're sociable.
NS is full of people who get angry from the first thing that someone says that seems to be the tiniest bit wrong. I should know, I was one of them.

WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY MOTHER??? :p
KILLUGON and BERNIE SANDERS and my moirail, ERIDEL.
Founder of Kotturheim, home to my GAY POLECATS, who are TOO FABULOUS FOR YOU.
Arg: Blekk does that. The topics of same sex marriage and the human race's fight against idiocy motivate him to write some truly impressive and glorious rants that deserve to be remembered and sigged.
Zott: I see our Blekky has discovered the joys of amphetamines.
Horus: blekky you are blekky i am horus
Rio: Blekky you are the best person on this website. Figuratively, kiss me.
Blekky is like a bunny. He looks adorable, yet he might bite you till it hurts.
Veccy: you're the worst blekky
The Balkens: Blekk does that, he has been taught by NSG's greatest practitioners of Snark to Snark combat.
Napki: Marry me, Blekk
Aeq: Blekk, you are Jesus!!!

User avatar
Timna
Envoy
 
Posts: 295
Founded: Aug 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Timna » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:48 am

Zepplien wrote:I do take a little issue on this:
I find it odd since the fact that we done nothing to them.

We were the ones who divided the Korean Peninsula with an illegal UN action, preventing the North from unifying with the south (Something that wasn't as unpopular as it would be today)

Let's not get crazy here.

"We have done nothing to them" - well no, millions of Koreans died in a stupid war that everyone got involved in for bad reasons.

But the Korean Peninsula was very much divided before then, and whether it was Lee or Kim who kicked off the war (there had been skirmishes on the border since it was created, and a guerilla campaign against Southern landowners, many of whom had worked closely with the Japanese), it would be unfair to characterise it as Not A Korean Thing until the arrival of the US in mid-late 1950.

User avatar
The Face of Ozzy
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Apr 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Face of Ozzy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:49 am

Blekksprutia wrote:
HorusLand wrote:I like the way you post. You're sociable.
NS is full of people who get angry from the first thing that someone says that seems to be the tiniest bit wrong. I should know, I was one of them.

WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY MOTHER??? :p


HE SAID THAT SHE WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIM! NOT THAT I BLAME HIM! GAH! :geek:
The one and only, God of orange and white cats.

User avatar
Timna
Envoy
 
Posts: 295
Founded: Aug 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Timna » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:50 am

Australasia wrote:Today South Korea is a prosperous and stable liberal democracy

It's the kind of stable, liberal democracy with a massive army that held power until the end of the eighties. South Korea is only about a generation into being a 'Western' state.

User avatar
Australasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 934
Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Australasia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:51 am

Timna wrote:
Australasia wrote:Today South Korea is a prosperous and stable liberal democracy

It's the kind of stable, liberal democracy with a massive army that held power until the end of the eighties. South Korea is only about a generation into being a 'Western' state.


The operative word being TODAY of course.

Seriously.
Positive: Equality, world peace, Universal Human Rights (Gender equality, LGBT rights, minority rights), the United Nations, secular constitutional liberal democracy, moderate progressivism, EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia, NZ, Nordic countries, Switzerland, Argentina, Japan, South Korea, all other developed countries & civilized democracies, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Humanism, free market socialism, universal healthcare & education, environmentalism, Animal welfare, internationalism
Negative: Extremism, dictatorship, fascism, communism, totalitarianism, racism, sexism, homophobia, bigotry, backwardness, authoritarian regimes (Saudi Arabia, Iran, Uganda, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, NK, etc), Islam, Mormonism, Sharia, ignorance, inequality

User avatar
Timna
Envoy
 
Posts: 295
Founded: Aug 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Timna » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:51 am

Australasia wrote:
Timna wrote:It's the kind of stable, liberal democracy with a massive army that held power until the end of the eighties. South Korea is only about a generation into being a 'Western' state.


The operative word being TODAY of course.

Seriously.

"Listen, today it's stable". Nice one.

User avatar
Zepplien
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6725
Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zepplien » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:51 am

Australasia wrote:
Zepplien wrote:I do take a little issue on this:

We were the ones who divided the Korean Peninsula with an illegal UN action, preventing the North from unifying with the south (Something that wasn't as unpopular as it would be today)

To make an analogy, if during the US Civil War Brittan came in, killed a bunch of union soldiers, then proclaimed that the union was now North America, and the Confederacy was South America, and if North did anything to try and make its country whole then Brittan would come and take over. I think Americans would be really pissed, like the North Koreans are


What a silly analogy, and utterly ridiculous. The United Nations, in accordance with international law, authorized an intervention force to save South Korea from North Korean aggression. Today South Korea is a prosperous and stable liberal democracy while North Korea is an impoverished tyrannical regime (not to mention very weird and nutty too).

The UN did not have the approval of the security council, which I believe is necessary to 'save a country'

And it is impossible to say how amazing a unified Korea might have been
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Come to the Communist side, we have Cookies Wheat
I take boring you to a whole new level!
Never mistake my IC nation for communism. think of it as Zepism, something unique and terrifying
Ode to Zepplin:

You Play as a Bisexual think tank, in a woemans body so gracefully... But as quickly as you came you are gone playing a Chineese Clone... Then you are a stupid, homocidal iddiot who will kill 1000 people for his own power... You are my hero.

User avatar
Australasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 934
Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Australasia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:52 am

Timna wrote:
Australasia wrote:
The operative word being TODAY of course.

Seriously.

"Listen, today it's stable". Nice one.


:palm:

South Korea has been a stable liberal democracy for over a decade now. Give it up.
Positive: Equality, world peace, Universal Human Rights (Gender equality, LGBT rights, minority rights), the United Nations, secular constitutional liberal democracy, moderate progressivism, EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia, NZ, Nordic countries, Switzerland, Argentina, Japan, South Korea, all other developed countries & civilized democracies, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Humanism, free market socialism, universal healthcare & education, environmentalism, Animal welfare, internationalism
Negative: Extremism, dictatorship, fascism, communism, totalitarianism, racism, sexism, homophobia, bigotry, backwardness, authoritarian regimes (Saudi Arabia, Iran, Uganda, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, NK, etc), Islam, Mormonism, Sharia, ignorance, inequality

User avatar
Post War America
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5378
Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:52 am

Business Cat wrote:Okay, well, I have heard that North Korea is planning to attack U.S.A. Or U.S.A attacking North Korea. Either way, I find it odd since the fact that we done nothing to them. Or,... as far as I know of....

What might be your opinion on this matter? Do you think it's true?


The North Korean Nation would likely be turned into a self-lighting parking lot very quickly if they tried anything. So I'm sure the course will be stayed, namely a whole lot of griping. Shelling every now and then, and hollow threats.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

User avatar
Australasia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 934
Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Australasia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:53 am

Zepplien wrote:
Australasia wrote:
What a silly analogy, and utterly ridiculous. The United Nations, in accordance with international law, authorized an intervention force to save South Korea from North Korean aggression. Today South Korea is a prosperous and stable liberal democracy while North Korea is an impoverished tyrannical regime (not to mention very weird and nutty too).

The UN did not have the approval of the security council, which I believe is necessary to 'save a country'

And it is impossible to say how amazing a unified Korea might have been


:rofl:

Next time, check your facts before typing. The UN Security Council did in fact approve the intervention.
Positive: Equality, world peace, Universal Human Rights (Gender equality, LGBT rights, minority rights), the United Nations, secular constitutional liberal democracy, moderate progressivism, EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia, NZ, Nordic countries, Switzerland, Argentina, Japan, South Korea, all other developed countries & civilized democracies, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Humanism, free market socialism, universal healthcare & education, environmentalism, Animal welfare, internationalism
Negative: Extremism, dictatorship, fascism, communism, totalitarianism, racism, sexism, homophobia, bigotry, backwardness, authoritarian regimes (Saudi Arabia, Iran, Uganda, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, NK, etc), Islam, Mormonism, Sharia, ignorance, inequality

User avatar
Timna
Envoy
 
Posts: 295
Founded: Aug 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Timna » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:54 am

Zepplien wrote:The UN did not have the approval of the security council

Stop being wrong.

PreviousNext

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Little Tin Hat, New haven america

Remove ads