NATION

PASSWORD

The DHS's "Constitution Free" Zones

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Bendira wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:First: find the nearest Marine, and go up and shout to him about how he is nothing but a murdering slave. I would love to see the results.

I am a small guy, the marine would probably punch me out.

He would punch me out because he probably doesn't actually believe in the very same 1st Amendment rights he supposedly fought for in the war. So this is when his true colors would be revealed, that he is a jingoist asshole who joined to kill brown people out of pure hatred, or because he was broke and didn't have the moral fiber to find a real fucking job.

Regardless, they went, and they fought. It does not matter the reason or the cause, they were there. They put up with hell, and some of them came home. Whether you agree with the wars or not, you respect the soldiers fighting them.

I don't respect people blindly, I wouldn't go kiss some Waffen-SS boots because they were really heroic in battle.

stay classy Bendira. Stay classy.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Bendira wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:First: find the nearest Marine, and go up and shout to him about how he is nothing but a murdering slave. I would love to see the results.

He would punch me out because he probably doesn't actually believe in the very same 1st Amendment rights he supposedly fought for in the war. So this is when his true colors would be revealed, that he is a jingoist asshole who joined to kill brown people out of pure hatred, or because he was broke and didn't have the moral fiber to find a real fucking job.

And how many actual soldiers do you know? You know, like the one you are talking to. I can't straight up fucking tell you that I didn't join to kill brown people, or because I didn't find a real job. Now, how about instead of talking shit about soldiers on the internet, you go out and meet a few?

Regardless, they went, and they fought. It does not matter the reason or the cause, they were there. They put up with hell, and some of them came home. Whether you agree with the wars or not, you respect the soldiers fighting them.

I don't respect people blindly, I wouldn't go kiss some Waffen-SS boots because they were really heroic in battle.

I wouldn't kiss their boots, but I would shake their hand. Same with a soldier from the Red Army or the PLA. Enemies in battle, comrades in the bar.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Agritum wrote:
Blasveck wrote:
Mike also said that National Good doesnt matter, Right? Or was that someone else who said it? (Not me I mean)

Nope. He said that it doesn't matter TO some people.

Ah.

Well, to address you point, I thought Hath meant National Good as some sort of patriotic good "for the nation".

So a bit of a mix of communication. Otherwise, I support taxation, as long as it goes to important things, like education.
Last edited by Blasveck on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever a Communist

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Bendira wrote:

And how many actual soldiers do you know? You know, like the one you are talking to. I can't straight up fucking tell you that I didn't join to kill brown people, or because I didn't find a real job. Now, how about instead of talking shit about soldiers on the internet, you go out and meet a few?

I wouldn't kiss their boots, but I would shake their hand. Same with a soldier from the Red Army or the PLA. Enemies in battle, comrades in the bar.

...but the Waffen-SS openly believed in Nazi Eugenetics and were tasked to round up Jewish people and other undesiderables. That's still quite different from the ordinary Red Army or PLA soldiers.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:There are a few who do. But, those who do are rarely, if ever, in power.

Politics is for megalomaniacs. Let's be honest here. You have a class of people who think they alone are the ones who can lead society in the right direction. That without them, change can't come. There is no hope. The narcissism is unbearable, it borders on the psychotic.

Like I said, if you are concerned about the national good. Teach kids. Otherwise, cut out the national good BS. People who strive for political power are narcissistic-meglomaniacs, who have made themselves believe they are on some divine mission to make the world a better place. And only through them can this be achieved. They care for themselves. Their legacy, their prestige, their power.

They are no different than the so called "titans of industry" you decry so much for running this country. Except the so called titans are at least being honest with themselves. Not trying to masks their wants with some good-feeling, public service BS.

I do teach kids, though. :unsure: Well, did, anyways.

Final text here.

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:33 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Bendira wrote:

Any soldier who blindly follows orders and slaughters 6 million innocent people isn't worth any shred of respect.
Forever a Communist

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:33 pm

Agritum wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:And how many actual soldiers do you know? You know, like the one you are talking to. I can't straight up fucking tell you that I didn't join to kill brown people, or because I didn't find a real job. Now, how about instead of talking shit about soldiers on the internet, you go out and meet a few?

...but the Waffen-SS openly believed in Nazi Eugenetics and were tasked to round up Jewish people and other undesiderables. That's still quite different from the ordinary Red Army or PLA soldiers.

I had thought that a different branch of the SS, but I very could be wrong.

Yeah, come to think of it, the Waffen-SS thing would really depend on which SS guy it was.

Final text here.

Kaito Corporation
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaito Corporation » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:33 pm

Land of the Free my bloody ass. American paranoia at it's height again I see.
The only absolute is the inevitable destruction of all

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:34 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Agritum wrote:...but the Waffen-SS openly believed in Nazi Eugenetics and were tasked to round up Jewish people and other undesiderables. That's still quite different from the ordinary Red Army or PLA soldiers.

I had thought that a different branch of the SS, but I very could be wrong.

Yeah, come to think of it, the Waffen-SS thing would really depend on which SS guy it was.

The Waffen were the military branch of the SS. They did lots, LOTS of shit.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:35 pm

Bendira wrote:
Olthar wrote:Welp, I guess if I suddenly stop posting on this site, you'll know that I was probably arrested by Homeland Security for some nonsense because I'm one of those 197 million people.

Don't worry, i'll come bust you out

I don't know who you are, but thanks. I'll be counting on you. :) :hug:
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Agritum wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:I had thought that a different branch of the SS, but I very could be wrong.

The Waffen were the military branch of the SS. They did lots, LOTS of shit.

Again, it depends on which soldier. Some of them were nothing more than combat duty, some were...nasty (Otto Skronzey[which I think I misspelled]).

My great-grandfather was in the Waffen-SS, and the worst he did was shoot NKVD guys they took prisoner.

Final text here.

Bendira
Senator

Founded: Apr 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Hathradic States wrote:And how many actual soldiers do you know? You know, like the one you are talking to. I can't straight up fucking tell you that I didn't join to kill brown people, or because I didn't find a real job. Now, how about instead of talking shit about soldiers on the internet, you go out and meet a few?

I live practically on top of Fort Drum, and I come in contact with 10th Mountain rednecks all the time.

The guys at my current place of employment that just joined the airforce are some of the least introspective, racist and sexist treacherous animals I have ever met.

If you would shake your enemies hand outside of battle, then he probably isn't really your enemy. I think that it is a pretty good indication that you are fighting somebody elses war when the whole thing is so matter-of-fact that you would go drinking with them after the whole thing is over.
Political Compass:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.00

Tenebriso
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tenebriso » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:37 pm

Blasveck wrote:

Any soldier who blindly follows orders and slaughters 6 million innocent people isn't worth any shred of respect.

But then again, a Soldier out in Stalingrad or Normandy shouldn't be expected to just lay down and die. In situations like those I can see defending one's life and the lives of his comrades to be very honorable. But yeah, the ones actually killing innocents are not worthy of respect.
American: Ron Paul Supporter. European: David Farage/UKIP Supporter.

NatSov proponent in the WA except in (most) cases of Civil and Human Rights.

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:37 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Agritum wrote:The Waffen were the military branch of the SS. They did lots, LOTS of shit.

Again, it depends on which soldier. Some of them were nothing more than combat duty, some were...nasty (Otto Skronzey[which I think I misspelled]).

My great-grandfather was in the Waffen-SS, and the worst he did was shoot NKVD guys they took prisoner.

Isn't that a war crime?

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:37 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Agritum wrote:The Waffen were the military branch of the SS. They did lots, LOTS of shit.

I don't care if he was a simple soldier or a General.

War is wrong. War is hell. And nobody, NOBODY, should be able to send my son to one on a whim.
Forever a Communist

Stern des Meeres
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Stern des Meeres » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:38 pm

On the one hand, yeah, this totally isn't cool and shouldn't be legal. On the other, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one," so it's difficult to decide if personal freedom or national security is more important. I'm on the fence about this one, I guess.
Sun Wukong wrote:All hail Stern. Empress of Nerds. Dread-Queen of TeT.
Other Thafoo wrote:hey stern, you should put this quote into your sig, it'll be fun

"bananas"
Esternial wrote:You're a good student, Sterny.

You'll accomplish great things.

Or end up faced down in the gutter, completely wasted.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:38 pm

Bendira wrote:

I live practically on top of Fort Drum, and I come in contact with 10th Mountain rednecks all the time.

The guys at my current place of employment that just joined the airforce are some of the least introspective, racist and sexist treacherous animals I have ever met.

If you would shake your enemies hand outside of battle, then he probably isn't really your enemy. I think that it is a pretty good indication that you are fighting somebody elses war when the whole thing is so matter-of-fact that you would go drinking with them after the whole thing is over.

Are they, or is that just want you chose to see?

Respect for the trade. Your enemy has gone through the same shit you have, and, if you meet eachother during peacetime, you two can always swap stories about how shitty the war was.

Final text here.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:39 pm

Bendira wrote:

Bendira, have you met ALL the soldiers?

Because until you have, categorizing ALL the soldiers based on your own personal experience with some of them is...rather ill-conceived.
Now, the system they are involved in might encourage this behavior (much as many police may be encouraged by the culture to behave in a particular manner) but that doesn't mean all of them conform to that standard.
Last edited by Occupied Deutschland on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:40 pm

The Steel Magnolia wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:Again, it depends on which soldier. Some of them were nothing more than combat duty, some were...nasty (Otto Skronzey[which I think I misspelled]).

Isn't that a war crime?

Yes and no. NKVD and Gestapo weren't always considered combatants. Both the Red Army and the Wehrmacht shot enemy secret policemen on sight.

Final text here.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:40 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Mike the Progressive wrote:
Politics is for megalomaniacs. Let's be honest here. You have a class of people who think they alone are the ones who can lead society in the right direction. That without them, change can't come. There is no hope. The narcissism is unbearable, it borders on the psychotic.

Like I said, if you are concerned about the national good. Teach kids. Otherwise, cut out the national good BS. People who strive for political power are narcissistic-meglomaniacs, who have made themselves believe they are on some divine mission to make the world a better place. And only through them can this be achieved. They care for themselves. Their legacy, their prestige, their power.

They are no different than the so called "titans of industry" you decry so much for running this country. Except the so called titans are at least being honest with themselves. Not trying to masks their wants with some good-feeling, public service BS.

I do teach kids, though. :unsure: Well, did, anyways.

What I'm saying is I don't agree with this "the corporations run America" crap, but if they did, I'd rather have them. That way at least you know when they are fucking you. Whereas with "public servants" they liquor you up on hollow and empty promises, before plunging deep into the recesses of your anus.

But like I said, I don't believe corporations run America. I think corporations influence America. I think people influence America. I think as long as either one influences America, some asshole (sorry) with some bizarre beliefs nobody can see except him or her will tell us how corporations or people are destroying America.

Tenebriso
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tenebriso » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:40 pm

Blasveck wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:Again, it depends on which soldier. Some of them were nothing more than combat duty, some were...nasty (Otto Skronzey[which I think I misspelled]).

War is wrong. War is hell. And nobody, NOBODY, should be able to send my son to one on a whim.

No, but if your son enlists does that automatically make him a war criminal?
American: Ron Paul Supporter. European: David Farage/UKIP Supporter.

NatSov proponent in the WA except in (most) cases of Civil and Human Rights.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:40 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:
Bendira wrote:

Because until you have, categorizing ALL the soldiers based on your own personal experience with some of them is...rather ill-conceived.
Now, the system they are involved in might encourage this behavior (much as many police may be encouraged by the culture to behave in a particular manner) but that doesn't mean all of them conform to that standard.

And saying all soldiers are that way is really offense to, you know, soldiers.

Final text here.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:41 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
The Steel Magnolia wrote:
Isn't that a war crime?

Yes and no. NKVD and Gestapo weren't always considered combatants. Both the Red Army and the Wehrmacht shot enemy secret policemen on sight.

....shooting prisoners, regarding of their status, is a war crime, so moot point.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:42 pm

Blasveck wrote:

So? It doesn't automatically make all soldiers detestable human beings.

And, if your son enlists, he is volunteering for whatever war he is thrown into.

Final text here.

Bendira
Senator

Founded: Apr 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:42 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:
Bendira wrote:

I have met only two soldiers that I liked on a personal level, and both joined after we stopped talking because we went our separate ways. I have literally never met a soldier I really liked who was actively in the military. They all have this really sickening and, frankly, disturbing attitude about war and killing. To be honest I am afraid of those people, they are deranged.
Political Compass:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.00

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General