NATION

PASSWORD

The DHS's "Constitution Free" Zones

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:You said you prefer a system where the strong dominate the weak. You said you define strength as wealth. Where is the problem here?

I prefer for individuals to dominate instead of corporations. Business should be under the government, not the other way around.

Well many individuals dominate those businesses. In fact their personality is why that business is the way it is. So in a way, individuals are dominating, they just happen to be titans of industry as well.

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Blasveck wrote:
They put their lives on the line for a bullshit cause.

War isn't just hell, it's complete and utter bullshit.

Does it matter what the cause? They still had the balls to deal with the bullshit and come home afterwards.

They shouldn't fucking have to.

Nobody should have to fucking die for bullshit.
Forever a Communist

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Agritum wrote:Individuals are behind corporations.

Individuals whose biggest concern is corporate profit, not national good.

*pats*

Welcome to leftism, Hath.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:19 pm

Hathradic States wrote:

Well when you prefer a system where national good equals the rich dominating the weak....
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:21 pm

Bendira wrote:You mean fought and died for literally nothing. And not only fought and died for nothing, but killed other human beings for nothing. Vietnam was a total waste, everybody on both sides died for literally nothing. None of them are heroes, none of them deserve praise. They deserve pity for being the enslaved draftees that had to go in there and get shot at for no reason.

They were enslaved and forced to commit murder, that is pitiful, not heroic or admirable.

First: find the nearest Marine, and go up and shout to him about how he is nothing but a murdering slave. I would love to see the results.

Regardless, they went, and they fought. It does not matter the reason or the cause, they were there. They put up with hell, and some of them came home. Whether you agree with the wars or not, you respect the soldiers fighting them.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:21 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:Individuals whose biggest concern is corporate profit, not national good.

Well when you prefer a system where national good equals the rich dominating the weak....

That's kinds the basis of Ancap thought.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Hathradic States wrote:

Let me tell you something. Nobody cares about the national good, except maybe some teachers. Everybody else is doing it for their ego, for their own power, even if they lie to themselves. National good. What a load of crap.

Want to help the national good? Pay taxes and teach underprivileged inner city kids.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:22 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:Individuals whose biggest concern is corporate profit, not national good.

I prefer the smart dominating the fools.

Believe me, my ideal society would take more than a few words to describe.

Final text here.

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Bendira wrote:You mean fought and died for literally nothing. And not only fought and died for nothing, but killed other human beings for nothing. Vietnam was a total waste, everybody on both sides died for literally nothing. None of them are heroes, none of them deserve praise. They deserve pity for being the enslaved draftees that had to go in there and get shot at for no reason.

They were enslaved and forced to commit murder, that is pitiful, not heroic or admirable.

First: find the nearest Marine, and go up and shout to him about how he is nothing but a murdering slave. I would love to see the results.

Regardless, they went, and they fought. It does not matter the reason or the cause, they were there. They put up with hell, and some of them came home. Whether you agree with the wars or not, you respect the soldiers fighting them.

It's not the soldiers who I don't have respect for.

It's the system and the people who forced them to fucking go there and kill people.
Nobody should have to die over a patch of dirt.
Forever a Communist

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:23 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:

Let me tell you something. Nobody cares about the national good, except maybe some teachers. Everybody else is doing it for their ego, for their own power, even if they lie to themselves. National good. What a load of crap.

Want to help the national good? Pay taxes and teach underprivileged inner city kids.

There are a few who do. But, those who do are rarely, if ever, in power.

Final text here.

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:23 pm

Well, at least I'm out of that zone but still. Holy fuck. I'm honestly really afraid of my government right now.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Tenebriso
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tenebriso » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:24 pm

Blasveck wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:First: find the nearest Marine, and go up and shout to him about how he is nothing but a murdering slave. I would love to see the results.

It's the system and the people who forced them to fucking go there and kill people.

This is how I feel 110% as a soldier.
American: Ron Paul Supporter. European: David Farage/UKIP Supporter.

NatSov proponent in the WA except in (most) cases of Civil and Human Rights.

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:24 pm

Hathradic States wrote:

And that's a good thing.

Who gives a shit about "National Good"?
It doesn't benefit me or anybody else in any way.
Forever a Communist

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:24 pm

Threlizdun wrote:Well, at least I'm out of that zone but still. Holy fuck. I'm honestly really afraid of my government right now.

I wouldn't be actually much afraid.

Unless I was an immigrant or a minority member.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:25 pm

Blasveck wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:First: find the nearest Marine, and go up and shout to him about how he is nothing but a murdering slave. I would love to see the results.

Again, it is inevitable. No matter what your system of government is, you will eventually have to fight a war.

Final text here.

Bendira
Senator

Founded: Apr 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:25 pm

I am a small guy, the marine would probably punch me out.

He would punch me out because he probably doesn't actually believe in the very same 1st Amendment rights he supposedly fought for in the war. So this is when his true colors would be revealed, that he is a jingoist asshole who joined to kill brown people out of pure hatred, or because he was broke and didn't have the moral fiber to find a real fucking job.

I don't respect people blindly, I wouldn't go kiss some Waffen-SS boots because they were really heroic in battle.
Political Compass:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.00

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:26 pm

Yeah, I'm inside the CFZ. It was actually a pretty major issue in local/state politics the last time around. Nothing's been done since then of course, but it got raised.

It's fucked as...fuck. It's so fucked I do not have a proper expression to convey the fuckedness of it. It's just...fucked.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:26 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Blasveck wrote:

Again, it is inevitable. No matter what your system of government is, you will eventually have to fight a war.

Not if there's a government small enough so as to not need wars at all.

Hence, Libertarian.
Forever a Communist

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:26 pm

Blasveck wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:There are a few who do. But, those who do are rarely, if ever, in power.

And that's a good thing.

Given that Mike gave the example of paying taxes, I can think that he was referring to the use of taxpayer money to fund welfare programs and public infrastructure.

Isn't that National Good?

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:27 pm

Hathradic States wrote:

Politics is for megalomaniacs. Let's be honest here. You have a class of people who think they alone are the ones who can lead society in the right direction. That without them, change can't come. There is no hope. The narcissism is unbearable, it borders on the psychotic.

Like I said, if you are concerned about the national good. Teach kids. Otherwise, cut out the national good BS. People who strive for political power are narcissistic-meglomaniacs, who have made themselves believe they are on some divine mission to make the world a better place. And only through them can this be achieved. They care for themselves. Their legacy, their prestige, their power.

They are no different than the so called "titans of industry" you decry so much for running this country. Except the so called titans are at least being honest with themselves. Not trying to masks their wants with some good-feeling, public service BS.
Last edited by Mike the Progressive on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tenebriso
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tenebriso » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:27 pm

Bendira wrote:

I am a small guy, the marine would probably punch me out.

He would punch me out because he probably doesn't actually believe in the very same 1st Amendment rights he supposedly fought for in the war. So this is when his true colors would be revealed, that he is a jingoist asshole who joined to kill brown people out of pure hatred, or because he was broke and didn't have the moral fiber to find a real fucking job.

I don't respect people blindly, I wouldn't go kiss some Waffen-SS boots because they were really heroic in battle.

Exactly. A prerequisite for respect is honorable actions.
American: Ron Paul Supporter. European: David Farage/UKIP Supporter.

NatSov proponent in the WA except in (most) cases of Civil and Human Rights.

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Agritum wrote:
Blasveck wrote:
And that's a good thing.

Given that Mike gave the example of paying taxes, I can think that he was referring to the use of taxpayer money to fund welfare programs and public infrastructure.

Mike also said that National Good doesnt matter, Right? Or was that someone else who said it? (Not me I mean)
Last edited by Blasveck on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever a Communist

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Welp, I guess if I suddenly stop posting on this site, you'll know that I was probably arrested by Homeland Security for some nonsense because I'm one of those 197 million people.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Blasveck wrote:
Agritum wrote:Given that Mike gave the example of paying taxes, I can think that he was referring to the use of taxpayer money to fund welfare programs and public infrastructure.

Mike also said that National Good doesnt matter, Right? Or was that someone else who said it? (Not me I mean)

Nope. He said that it doesn't matter TO some people.

Bendira
Senator

Founded: Apr 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Olthar wrote:Welp, I guess if I suddenly stop posting on this site, you'll know that I was probably arrested by Homeland Security for some nonsense because I'm one of those 197 million people.

Don't worry, i'll come bust you out
Political Compass:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.00

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General