NATION

PASSWORD

The DHS's "Constitution Free" Zones

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:07 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:1. For their country. Despite America's flaws, I would not live in any other country willingly. It is my home, and I love it. I just hate the government.
2. Mostly political (see Korea, Vietnam)
3. Yeah, but without us making their trucks for them, they would have had a hell of a time doing that.

Why do you hate the government?

The government is full of corporate slaves who don't give two shits about their people, that's why.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:08 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Why do you hate the government?

The government is full of corporate slaves who don't give two shits about their people, that's why.

And you propose fixing it by....
Forever a Communist

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:08 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:Oh crap, the DHS is watching my computer screen? Thats really not good.....

Nah. It's more like they can stop you while you drive along the border for the silliest shit.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:08 pm

Blasveck wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:1. That happens no matter where you live. At least now we don't have a draft.
2. I didn't say I love it because we always won.

1. I'd rather it never happen, which is why I'm a Libertarian.

Libertarianism, true libertarianism, is unattainable, imo. Whenever you get someone in a position of power, it will be abused.

Final text here.

Bendira
Senator

Founded: Apr 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Hathradic States wrote:1. That happens no matter where you live. At least now we don't have a draft.

If you lived on a street made up entirely of rapists, would you worship your rapist room mate who terrorizes you because he rapes you the least relative to the other rapists in the neighborhood?

Just because in America we get abused less by our state doesn't mean we should suck it off

Wars that didn't have to happen are great right?

I would like to see you be drafted and go fight and die for no god damn reason, then sing the praises of the asshole who enslaved you and sent you there.

That is the problem with history nerds on the internet, they sing praises to war because it seems so glamorous. It probably isn't as glamorous when you actually have to be the one to get traumatic brain injuries when you get the upper portion of your skull blown off.
Political Compass:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.00

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Hathradic States wrote:

That's not simply the government.

That's the whole American Political System. Libertarians included (Koch Brothers, eh.)

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Blasveck wrote:
1. I'd rather it never happen, which is why I'm a Libertarian.

Libertarianism, true libertarianism, is unattainable, imo. Whenever you get someone in a position of power, it will be abused.

Which is why you make their power as limited as humanly possible.
Or shit like this will happen.
Forever a Communist

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:10 pm

Agritum wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:The government is full of corporate slaves who don't give two shits about their people, that's why.

That's not simply the government.

That's the whole American Political System. Libertarians included (Koch Brothers, eh.)

Arent the Koch Brothers Tea Partiers?
Forever a Communist

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:11 pm

Blasveck wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:The government is full of corporate slaves who don't give two shits about their people, that's why.

And you propose fixing it by....

Shoot them
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:11 pm

Blasveck wrote:
Agritum wrote:That's not simply the government.

Arent the Koch Brothers Tea Partiers?

Cato Institute, too.

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:11 pm

I'm assuming the standard, overblown 1984 comparisons have been made?

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:12 pm

The Steel Magnolia wrote:I'm assuming the standard, overblown 1984 comparisons have been made?

Yep. It's still quite a shitty thing, though. Especially for immigrants.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:13 pm

Hathradic States wrote:

You said you prefer a system where the strong dominate the weak. You said you define strength as wealth. Where is the problem here?
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:13 pm

As somebody who is actually hoping to do government contract work during graduate school, I say God bless America!

Honestly though, I've never understood this obsession, this fear of "Oh my god, everything I do online the government can see." Chances are unless you're planning to set off a fucking bomb, they couldn't give two fucks about you.

I know, I know. It's quite the shocker. You not being that important (except maybe to yourself), what a world we live in.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:14 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:As somebody who is actually hoping to do government contract work during graduate school, I say God bless America!

Honestly though, I've never understood this obsession, this fear of "Oh my god, everything I do online the government can see." Chances are unless you're planning to set off a fucking bomb, they couldn't give two fucks about you.

I know, I know. It's quite the shocker. You not being that important (except maybe to yourself), what a world we live in.

Well about that.....
I may or may not have posted several times desires to bomb the dmv.
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:14 pm

Bendira wrote:

If you lived on a street made up entirely of rapists, would you worship your rapist room mate who terrorizes you because he rapes you the least relative to the other rapists in the neighborhood?

Just because in America we get abused less by our state doesn't mean we should suck it off

I would like to see you be drafted and go fight and die for no god damn reason, then sing the praises of the asshole who enslaved you and sent you there.

That is the problem with history nerds on the internet, they sing praises to war because it seems so glamorous. It probably isn't as glamorous when you actually have to be the one to get traumatic brain injuries when you get the upper portion of your skull blown off.

Yeah. Bad comparison.

I respect the soldiers who fought and died, not the war itself. Believe me, I know war is shit. I'll spare you the description of what happens in a firefight, but it's not pretty. That doesn't mean I can't respect and admire the men (and women) who put their lives on the line for their nation.

Final text here.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:As somebody who is actually hoping to do government contract work during graduate school, I say God bless America!

I'm going to post my bomb plans on Facebook! Oh wait, we live in 1984....
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:16 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Bendira wrote:If you lived on a street made up entirely of rapists, would you worship your rapist room mate who terrorizes you because he rapes you the least relative to the other rapists in the neighborhood?

Yeah. Bad comparison.

I respect the soldiers who fought and died, not the war itself. Believe me, I know war is shit. I'll spare you the description of what happens in a firefight, but it's not pretty. That doesn't mean I can't respect and admire the men (and women) who put their lives on the line for their nation.

They put their lives on the line for a bullshit cause.

War isn't just hell, it's complete and utter bullshit.
Forever a Communist

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:16 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:

You said you prefer a system where the strong dominate the weak. You said you define strength as wealth. Where is the problem here?

I prefer for individuals to dominate instead of corporations. Business should be under the government, not the other way around.

Final text here.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:17 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:You said you prefer a system where the strong dominate the weak. You said you define strength as wealth. Where is the problem here?

I prefer for individuals to dominate instead of corporations. Business should be under the government, not the other way around.

Individuals are behind corporations.

Tenebriso
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tenebriso » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:17 pm

Shit like this is why I am a Libertarian. Where are dem conspiracy nuts when you need them. They used to give us all a good laugh...now I can't help but think they are all laughing at us.
American: Ron Paul Supporter. European: David Farage/UKIP Supporter.

NatSov proponent in the WA except in (most) cases of Civil and Human Rights.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:17 pm

Blasveck wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:Yeah. Bad comparison.

Does it matter what the cause? They still had the balls to deal with the bullshit and come home afterwards.

Final text here.

Bendira
Senator

Founded: Apr 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:17 pm

Hathradic States wrote:Yeah. Bad comparison.

Why?

You mean fought and died for literally nothing. And not only fought and died for nothing, but killed other human beings for nothing. Vietnam was a total waste, everybody on both sides died for literally nothing. None of them are heroes, none of them deserve praise. They deserve pity for being the enslaved draftees that had to go in there and get shot at for no reason.

They were enslaved and forced to commit murder, that is pitiful, not heroic or admirable.
Political Compass:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.00

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Agritum wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:I prefer for individuals to dominate instead of corporations. Business should be under the government, not the other way around.

Individuals are behind corporations.

Individuals whose biggest concern is corporate profit, not national good.

Final text here.

Tenebriso
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tenebriso » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Blasveck wrote:

Does it matter what the cause? They still had the balls to deal with the bullshit and come home afterwards.

We still have to know when to say no...
American: Ron Paul Supporter. European: David Farage/UKIP Supporter.

NatSov proponent in the WA except in (most) cases of Civil and Human Rights.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General