NATION

PASSWORD

Obama asks schools to ignore bad behavior by black students

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:18 pm

So... Wait...

The source is shit, Hippo is just making up bullshit...

Why is this thread still up?
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Saint Kitten wrote:Does this effect private school?

Probably not.

Saint Kitten
Senator

Founded: Jul 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Kitten » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Shaggai wrote:

I don't think so, unfortunately.

Good thing I live in a nice area :P
Must suck for inner city kids though.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."
-Mark Twain
I Side With
Political Compass
Dear Future Generations

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:23 pm

Saint Kitten wrote:
Shaggai wrote:I don't think so, unfortunately.

Good thing I live in a nice area :P
Must suck for inner city kids though.

Why? Why does equality suck? I said it was unfortunate this doesn't affect private schools.
piss

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:24 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Probably not.

Au contraire. If you take the 3rd letter of the 12th word in each sentence on the odd-numbered pages of the original order, you'll see that it clearly spells out "And you too you elitist scum."
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:40 pm

The Rich Port wrote:So... Wait...

The source is shit, Hippo is just making up bullshit... OP appears to have been a hit and run...

Fixed that for you.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Have you ever been fishing and caught a fish that clearly has been on a lot of hooks? That's why this thread is still going.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:11 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:

Have you ever been fishing and caught a fish that clearly has been on a lot of hooks? That's why this thread is still going.

Wait, what?

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:17 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Have you ever been fishing and caught a fish that clearly has been on a lot of hooks? That's why this thread is still going.

Wait, what?

Some fish are suckers for the hook.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

RobCo Industries
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby RobCo Industries » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:39 pm

All of his threads end up like this. Most realize it is bullshit, but there are others that believe it and try to argue for it, and others that take it away in another direction. He makes a comment, runs, and feels glory in his thread even though he adds nothing to it.
Theodore Roosevelt wrote:"There is nothing to fear,
but running out of beer."

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:42 pm

RobCo Industries wrote:

All of his threads end up like this. Most realize it is bullshit, but there are others that believe it and try to argue for it, and others that take it away in another direction. He makes a comment, runs, and feels glory in his thread even though he adds nothing to it.

Indeed.

And he's gotten off light, compared to other hit and run OPs (YGO comes to mind).
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:43 pm

No. It isn't bullshit.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/07/26/executive-order-white-house-initiative-educational-excellence-african-am
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:15 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

No. It isn't bullshit.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/07/26/executive-order-white-house-initiative-educational-excellence-african-am

However, the claim that it's a blank check on African American student conduct is bullshit.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

No. It isn't bullshit.

Have you actually read any of the responses to the OP in this thread? Any of the sources that were provided to show that the claims being made were not only baseless and inaccurate, but outright lies obviously designed to increase racial animosity? If not, then while you certainly have the right to make a fool out of yourself through this contribution, it would be better for everyone if you simply sat this one out.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:25 am

And let's stick a fork in this.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General