NATION

PASSWORD

Obama asks schools to ignore bad behavior by black students

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39459
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Jehuddah wrote:Hussein does things which harm America? What's new about that?


Right-wingers with persecution complexes and hateons for Obama use shitty, biased sources and misread articles to support their delusional paranoia?

Who knew?
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo

User avatar
The Holy Therns
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26864
Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:31 pm

Jehuddah wrote:Hussein does things which harm America? What's new about that?


What a rational assessment.
My fans rate me higher than Brussels sprouts.
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. Will be addressed as she. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

User avatar
Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27544
Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:40 pm

Avenio wrote:I'm shocked, shocked to find out that The Poster Formerly Known As Hippostania stooped to the point of using a tabloid to fuel his own racist arguments.


Your winnings, sir.

User avatar
Greed and Death
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48574
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:41 pm

2012 ....
Yeah ok nothing to see here.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

User avatar
Scholencia
Minister
 
Posts: 3017
Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Scholencia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Imperializt Russia wrote:They made the idiotic mistake of invading and fighting Russia.

That may be, but they had to get somehow their territories back that they lost in Winter war. The Allies would never let them have Vipuri and other territories, which was not fair toward the Finns.

User avatar
Saint Jade IV
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6441
Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Jade IV » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:15 pm

Amazingly, he did the exact fucking opposite.
When you grow up, your heart dies.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of son of a b*tch or another.
RIP Dyakovo...we are all poorer for your loss.

User avatar
Shofercia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28260
Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Fontoria wrote:So just because a student is black means they can get away with anything? Now I'm glad I like in the UK.

You know, ace equality and racism works both ways. So all races are equal. Not white people falling over themselves to try and not look racist.
If this is true, then Obama is a twat.


If Hippo posts something about Putin or Obama, odds are that it's wrong.


Cannot think of a name wrote:Reading executive orders is some dry ass shit. So anyway...I found the part that we're supposed to be 'worried' about...
(vi) reducing the dropout rate of African American students and helping African American students graduate from high school prepared for college and a career, in part by promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools, and by supporting successful and innovative dropout prevention and recovery strategies that better engage African American youths in their learning, help them catch up academically, and provide those who have left the educational system with pathways to reentry;
...
(iii) decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals of African American children from general education to special education by addressing the root causes of the referrals and eradicating discriminatory referrals;

Those, I'm guessing, are the passages that are supposed to lead us all to our doom or some such nonsense.


Obama prevented another version of "Separate but Equal"... wait, how's this a bad thing?


Ifreann wrote:If something is being sold as "Obama asks schools to ignore bad behavior by black students", then without reading into it I will bet that its actually a perfectly reasonable attempt to combat racism involving no actual ignoring of bad behaviour by black students.


Yep. Obama basically blocked another version of "Separate but Equal". Made Hippo mad!
Ukraine - stop bombing innocent people! Pricks who burn other people alive should be punished.
Feel the Bern! Two actual females that can beat Trump: Gabbard & Klobuchar
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
If we tell the radical Republicans that there's proof that Global Warming doesn't exist in Death Valley, and the radical Democrats that there's proof of Russian Collusion there, would we have a better America?

(North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia! DonBass is De Facto Independent! Stand with NovoRossiya!
Tecumseh was a Real American

User avatar
Viritica
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7790
Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Shimon-Zhivago wrote:I think you need to use your brain just a bit more. Yes, the homicide rate among Blacks is higher, and the misbehavior rate is higher, but did you ever stop to think about why that is, or do you just stop at the first door and assume that those figures stand the way they do because that's just the way Blacks are?

Because obviously, poor education, drugs, racist cops, racist real estate workers, and the like have nothing to do with that. It's obvious that Blacks are poorer, less educated, and more violent because they are Black, nothing else.

Think for yourself. Think deeper than some idiotic agenda-based article tells you to.

Racists. Racists everywhere, eh?

Oh the mind of a liberal is a funny thing.
Empire of Viritica (PMT) · Factbook (Incomplete)
Hamas started this after all
NSG's Resident KKKoch Rethuglican Shill
Watch Mark Levin shred Jon Stewart
The Jewish Reich is upon us

Conservative Atheist, Pro-Choice, Pro-LGBT rights, Pro-Israel, Zionist, Anti-UN

User avatar
Minarchist States
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1532
Founded: Aug 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Minarchist States » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Viritica wrote:
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:I think you need to use your brain just a bit more. Yes, the homicide rate among Blacks is higher, and the misbehavior rate is higher, but did you ever stop to think about why that is, or do you just stop at the first door and assume that those figures stand the way they do because that's just the way Blacks are?

Because obviously, poor education, drugs, racist cops, racist real estate workers, and the like have nothing to do with that. It's obvious that Blacks are poorer, less educated, and more violent because they are Black, nothing else.

Think for yourself. Think deeper than some idiotic agenda-based article tells you to.

Racists. Racists everywhere, eh?

Oh the mind of a liberal is a funny thing.


Only the mindset of using big gubbermint to atone for it, creating an endless amount of loopholes.
Otherwise known as The Liberated Territories
Join Team Vestmark - NSGS Reboot

User avatar
Cannot think of a name
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25196
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Shofercia wrote:Obama prevented another version of "Separate but Equal"... wait, how's this a bad thing?

I've been trying to figure this out, I don't have a satisfying answer.

My best understanding of it so far involves making theoretical physicists mad by once again using a partial understanding of one of their things to half-assedly explain something completely unrelated.

But who really cares if theoretical physicists get mad, anyway? So here goes:

I think it's like some sort of Schrodinger's Cat kind of thing where a problem both exists and doesn't exist until someone addresses it. The act of addressing a problem, by some people's reasoning, thereby collapses the possibilities and somehow creates the problem. If we just hadn't noticed there was a problem there wouldn't be a problem (but really, there was a problem, we were just ignoring it...)

Or something.

Oh physics...is there nothing a complete bullshit understanding of won't explain if you shoehorn it hard enough?
Everything for the cat.

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39459
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Viritica wrote:
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:I think you need to use your brain just a bit more. Yes, the homicide rate among Blacks is higher, and the misbehavior rate is higher, but did you ever stop to think about why that is, or do you just stop at the first door and assume that those figures stand the way they do because that's just the way Blacks are?

Because obviously, poor education, drugs, racist cops, racist real estate workers, and the like have nothing to do with that. It's obvious that Blacks are poorer, less educated, and more violent because they are Black, nothing else.

Think for yourself. Think deeper than some idiotic agenda-based article tells you to.

Racists. Racists everywhere, eh?

Oh the mind of a liberal is a funny thing.


Yes. Deny reality becuase you think its 'liberal hogwash'. The mind of a conservative is astounding.

Minarchist States wrote:
Viritica wrote:Racists. Racists everywhere, eh?

Oh the mind of a liberal is a funny thing.


Only the mindset of using big gubbermint to atone for it, creating an endless amount of loopholes.


Government is the only way to solve the problem. As for loopholes, they are finite and can be fixed.

The mindset that "big government" is inherently evil and can do no good is a shitty one indeed that creates more problems than it solves.
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo

User avatar
Franklin Delano Bluth
Senator
 
Posts: 4962
Founded: Apr 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Franklin Delano Bluth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Shofercia wrote:Obama prevented another version of "Separate but Equal"... wait, how's this a bad thing?

I've been trying to figure this out, I don't have a satisfying answer.

My best understanding of it so far involves making theoretical physicists mad by once again using a partial understanding of one of their things to half-assedly explain something completely unrelated.

But who really cares if theoretical physicists get mad, anyway? So here goes:

I think it's like some sort of Schrodinger's Cat kind of thing where a problem both exists and doesn't exist until someone addresses it. The act of addressing a problem, by some people's reasoning, thereby collapses the possibilities and somehow creates the problem. If we just hadn't noticed there was a problem there wouldn't be a problem (but really, there was a problem, we were just ignoring it...)

Or something.

Oh physics...is there nothing a complete bullshit understanding of won't explain if you shoehorn it hard enough?


Sounds like a problem that could be best solved by...
NEUNUNDNEUNZIG LUFTBALLONS!
The American Legion is a neo-fascist terrorist organization, bent on implementing Paulinist Sharia, and with a history of pogroms against organized labor and peace activists and of lynching those who dare resist or defend themselves against its aggression.

Pro: O'Reilly technical books, crew-length socks, Slide-O-Mix trombone lubricant, Reuben sandwiches
Anti: The eight-line signature limit, lift kits, cancelling Better Off Ted, Chicago Cubs

User avatar
Cannot think of a name
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25196
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Franklin Delano Bluth wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:I've been trying to figure this out, I don't have a satisfying answer.

My best understanding of it so far involves making theoretical physicists mad by once again using a partial understanding of one of their things to half-assedly explain something completely unrelated.

But who really cares if theoretical physicists get mad, anyway? So here goes:

I think it's like some sort of Schrodinger's Cat kind of thing where a problem both exists and doesn't exist until someone addresses it. The act of addressing a problem, by some people's reasoning, thereby collapses the possibilities and somehow creates the problem. If we just hadn't noticed there was a problem there wouldn't be a problem (but really, there was a problem, we were just ignoring it...)

Or something.

Oh physics...is there nothing a complete bullshit understanding of won't explain if you shoehorn it hard enough?


Sounds like a problem that could be best solved by...
NEUNUNDNEUNZIG LUFTBALLONS!

That's your answer for everything...
Everything for the cat.

User avatar
Terran Faction
Diplomat
 
Posts: 675
Founded: Jul 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Terran Faction » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:38 pm

Whoever said it was only blacks that cause bad behavior? I went to school with well-behaved black kids and there are tons of white,asian and hispanic kids that cause a lot of trouble.


Tolerating bad behavior because of race is probably the most racist I have ever heard ever.
Terran Faction's 5 goals.
--------------------------------------------------------------
5 threats to Mankind : Anarchy,Disobedience,Nationalism,Socialism,Aliens.
5 Good Things for Mankind : Order,Respect,Duty,Honor, and Globalism.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember children, Terran Faction is always right!

User avatar
Cannot think of a name
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25196
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Terran Faction wrote:
Tolerating bad behavior because of race is probably the most racist I have ever heard ever.

Good thing no one advocated that.
Everything for the cat.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 126801
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Terran Faction wrote:
Tolerating bad behavior because of race is probably the most racist I have ever heard ever.

Good thing no one advocated that.

But Obama!
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm.
He/Him
What do we have that they should want?
We have a wall to work upon!
We have work and they have none
And our work is never done
My children, my children
And the war is never won

The enemy is poverty
And the wall keeps out the enemy
And we build the wall to keep us free
That's why we build the wall
We build the wall to keep us free
We build the wall to keep us free

User avatar
Geilinor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41328
Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Geilinor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Viritica wrote:
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:I think you need to use your brain just a bit more. Yes, the homicide rate among Blacks is higher, and the misbehavior rate is higher, but did you ever stop to think about why that is, or do you just stop at the first door and assume that those figures stand the way they do because that's just the way Blacks are?

Because obviously, poor education, drugs, racist cops, racist real estate workers, and the like have nothing to do with that. It's obvious that Blacks are poorer, less educated, and more violent because they are Black, nothing else.

Think for yourself. Think deeper than some idiotic agenda-based article tells you to.

Racists. Racists everywhere, eh?

Oh the mind of a liberal is a funny thing.

Why is everything due to stupid liberals according to you?
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

User avatar
Geilinor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41328
Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Geilinor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Ifreann wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Good thing no one advocated that.

But Obama!

:p
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

User avatar
Saint Jade IV
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6441
Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Jade IV » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:22 pm

Terran Faction wrote:Whoever said it was only blacks that cause bad behavior? I went to school with well-behaved black kids and there are tons of white,asian and hispanic kids that cause a lot of trouble.


Tolerating bad behavior because of race is probably the most racist I have ever heard ever.


That's a really nice story. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble seeing your point? Since that is not at all what is being suggested or implemented.
When you grow up, your heart dies.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of son of a b*tch or another.
RIP Dyakovo...we are all poorer for your loss.

User avatar
Esternial
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 51673
Founded: May 09, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Esternial » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Strange, Google doesn't know this mythical African American Education Initiative that allows black children to "misbehave".

It knows unicorns, though.

Congrats, your shitty source's content is more fictional than unicorns.
Last edited by Esternial on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Franklin Delano Bluth
Senator
 
Posts: 4962
Founded: Apr 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Franklin Delano Bluth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Ifreann wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Good thing no one advocated that.

But Obama!


And not just any Obama--Black HUSSEIN Obama!
The American Legion is a neo-fascist terrorist organization, bent on implementing Paulinist Sharia, and with a history of pogroms against organized labor and peace activists and of lynching those who dare resist or defend themselves against its aggression.

Pro: O'Reilly technical books, crew-length socks, Slide-O-Mix trombone lubricant, Reuben sandwiches
Anti: The eight-line signature limit, lift kits, cancelling Better Off Ted, Chicago Cubs

User avatar
Franklin Delano Bluth
Senator
 
Posts: 4962
Founded: Apr 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Franklin Delano Bluth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Viritica wrote:Racists. Racists everywhere, eh?

Oh the mind of a liberal is a funny thing.

Why is everything due to stupid liberals according to you?

Because it's easier than having to think about things.
The American Legion is a neo-fascist terrorist organization, bent on implementing Paulinist Sharia, and with a history of pogroms against organized labor and peace activists and of lynching those who dare resist or defend themselves against its aggression.

Pro: O'Reilly technical books, crew-length socks, Slide-O-Mix trombone lubricant, Reuben sandwiches
Anti: The eight-line signature limit, lift kits, cancelling Better Off Ted, Chicago Cubs

User avatar
Geilinor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41328
Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Geilinor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:30 pm

Franklin Delano Bluth wrote:
Ifreann wrote:But Obama!


And not just any Obama--Black HUSSEIN Obama!

EBUL MUSLIM! AND HE'S BLACK! :rofl:
Last edited by Geilinor on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39459
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Esternial wrote:Strange, Google doesn't know this mythical African American Education Initiative that allows black children to "misbehave".

It knows unicorns, though.

Congrats, your shitty source's content is more fictional than unicorns.


Getting AQ'd.
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo

User avatar
Terran Faction
Diplomat
 
Posts: 675
Founded: Jul 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Terran Faction » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:50 pm

Saint Jade IV wrote:
Terran Faction wrote:Whoever said it was only blacks that cause bad behavior? I went to school with well-behaved black kids and there are tons of white,asian and hispanic kids that cause a lot of trouble.


Tolerating bad behavior because of race is probably the most racist I have ever heard ever.


That's a really nice story. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble seeing your point? Since that is not at all what is being suggested or implemented.

When we try to fix social problems, it's usually defined by the skin color of someone when it is not true. There are people of all "races" that are a menace to society.
Terran Faction's 5 goals.
--------------------------------------------------------------
5 threats to Mankind : Anarchy,Disobedience,Nationalism,Socialism,Aliens.
5 Good Things for Mankind : Order,Respect,Duty,Honor, and Globalism.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember children, Terran Faction is always right!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Auzkhia, Bombadil, Constaniana, East Germanic Countries, Flanderlion, Genivaria, Google Adsense [Bot], Greater Westralia, Hediacrana, Imperium of The Huron, Khasinkonia, Kisinger, LiberNovusAmericae, Licana, Natanya, Neanderthaland, Novus America, Soviet Technocracy4, Stoner Anime Gang, The Greater Ohio Valley, United Muscovite Nations, United Syndicates of Sol

Advertisement

Remove ads