NATION

PASSWORD

Obama asks schools to ignore bad behavior by black students

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The Orson Empire
Post Czar
 
Posts: 30822
Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:15 am

The article is full of crap, anyway. Read the actual order. Plus, it's from 2012.
Heterosexual male and from the US of A

User avatar
Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54791
Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby Imperializt Russia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:16 am

The American school system sucks.
We knew this and we still know it.

Why the hell'd he have to do that on my birthday?
Warning! This poster has:
PT puppet of the People's Republic of Samozaryadnyastan.

Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

User avatar
Zutroy
Diplomat
 
Posts: 925
Founded: May 01, 2004
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Zutroy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:16 am

Fontoria wrote:So just because a student is black means they can get away with anything? Now I'm glad I like in the UK.

You know, ace equality and racism works both ways. So all races are equal. Not white people falling over themselves to try and not look racist.
If this is true, then Obama is a twat.


When you're done ripping that strawman to pieces, please read the actual article and note that black students aren't allowed to get away with "anything."
"The USA is the most suitable country for socialism. Communism will come there sooner than in other countries."
- Vyacheslav Molotov, 3 June 1981

User avatar
Shimon-Zhivago
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1299
Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shimon-Zhivago » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:16 am

I think you need to use your brain just a bit more. Yes, the homicide rate among Blacks is higher, and the misbehavior rate is higher, but did you ever stop to think about why that is, or do you just stop at the first door and assume that those figures stand the way they do because that's just the way Blacks are?

Because obviously, poor education, drugs, racist cops, racist real estate workers, and the like have nothing to do with that. It's obvious that Blacks are poorer, less educated, and more violent because they are Black, nothing else.

Think for yourself. Think deeper than some idiotic agenda-based article tells you to.
Did you enjoy the 1870s Real-World RP? If so, click here to assist in the planning of my next RP!



Interested in international relations with Shimon-Zhivago? Then visit the Foreign Embassy Offices or go to the Shimon-Zhivago Embassy Program Page! We look forward to working with you!

User avatar
Ashmoria
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46718
Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:17 am

Nevanmaa wrote: So, what do you think? Is this yet another attempt by Obama and liberals to create a magical society where everyone are equal and cotton candy rains down from the sky, or a desperate attempt to cover up reality and facts?

I see it as nothing more than desperate attempt by the liberals attempting to create a some kind of alternative reality where everyone are equal and there are no conflicts whatsoever. It doesn't matter if such fantasy cannot be achieved, as long as it's out of sight, it's out of mind. The funniest, and also the saddest thing is that the bill doesn't even attempt to take measures to influence the behavior of African-American students in a better direction: it just covers up their misdeeds.

This is just sad. Obama is actually being the biggest racist of all, thinking that African-Americans need some kind of special protection like this.


it is gigantic mistake to think that punishment is going to improve school performance. the whole attitude of "if we just punish more they will start to behave" doesn't work at home, in school, or internationally.
whatever

User avatar
Desocia
Attaché
 
Posts: 86
Founded: Mar 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Desocia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:18 am

Shimon-Zhivago wrote:I think you need to use your brain just a bit more. Yes, the homicide rate among Blacks is higher, and the misbehavior rate is higher, but did you ever stop to think about why that is, or do you just stop at the first door and assume that those figures stand the way they do because that's just the way Blacks are?

Because obviously, poor education, drugs, racist cops, racist real estate workers, and the like have nothing to do with that. It's obvious that Blacks are poorer, less educated, and more violent because they are Black, nothing else.

Think for yourself. Think deeper than some idiotic agenda-based article tells you to.


Yes because every cop and real estate worker is racist.
IMPEACH LENIN, LEGALIZE CORPORATISM, COMMUNISM IS THEFT. BENITO MUSSOLINI 1922


Political Compass Results:
Economic Left/Right: -3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.51

User avatar
The Unified Commonwealth
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Aug 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Commonwealth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:19 am

Pacifornia wrote:
The Unified Commonwealth wrote:To me it sounds like American hard right wingers attempting to create an alternative reality where whites are a prosecuted people. :palm:


Its embarrassing for the rest of America, glade I'm not one of them.


^This is a win lol :clap:



Cheers
This is my second nation. My first and foremost is the Militarist Union of the British Stratocracy, which reflects my true political beliefs.

User avatar
Souseiseki
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17889
Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:21 am

Desocia wrote:
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:I think you need to use your brain just a bit more. Yes, the homicide rate among Blacks is higher, and the misbehavior rate is higher, but did you ever stop to think about why that is, or do you just stop at the first door and assume that those figures stand the way they do because that's just the way Blacks are?

Because obviously, poor education, drugs, racist cops, racist real estate workers, and the like have nothing to do with that. It's obvious that Blacks are poorer, less educated, and more violent because they are Black, nothing else.

Think for yourself. Think deeper than some idiotic agenda-based article tells you to.


Yes because every cop and real estate worker is racist.

yes. also every black person has a poor education and loves their drugs.

oh wait, that's not actually what they said. nevermind.
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

User avatar
The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 57959
Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Serbian Empire » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:24 am

The Orson Empire wrote:The article is full of crap, anyway. Read the actual order. Plus, it's from 2012.

Old news is old and worse yet of poor quality.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Left Wing Market Anarchist/Mutualist
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

User avatar
Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14942
Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:24 am

Wind in the Willows wrote:That's fucking unfair. >:(


It's also Complete and utter bullshit on Hippos part
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Posts: 1653
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.


Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

User avatar
Cannot think of a name
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25198
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:25 am

Reading executive orders is some dry ass shit. So anyway...I found the part that we're supposed to be 'worried' about...
(vi) reducing the dropout rate of African American students and helping African American students graduate from high school prepared for college and a career, in part by promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools, and by supporting successful and innovative dropout prevention and recovery strategies that better engage African American youths in their learning, help them catch up academically, and provide those who have left the educational system with pathways to reentry;
...
(iii) decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals of African American children from general education to special education by addressing the root causes of the referrals and eradicating discriminatory referrals;

Those, I'm guessing, are the passages that are supposed to lead us all to our doom or some such nonsense.
Everything for the cat.

User avatar
New Stephensland
Attaché
 
Posts: 73
Founded: Mar 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Stephensland » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:26 am

The Unified Commonwealth wrote:To me it sounds like American hard right wingers attempting to create an alternative reality where whites are a prosecuted people. :palm:


Its embarrassing for the rest of America, glade I'm not one of them.


You, sir, just became my hero. :bow:
Economic Left/Right: -3.7
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.8

User avatar
Austro-German Prussia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 125
Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Austro-German Prussia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:27 am

(iii) decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals of African American children from general education to special education by addressing the root causes of the referrals and eradicating discriminatory referrals;


I don't think Obama understands that it's possible for one race to do more bad than another. Black people think it's racism, but no, it's just that there HAPPEN to be more black kids who do bad than white kids. It's statistics, not racism.
"People say politics is the world's second oldest profession. I have come to know it bears a resemblance to the first."
-Ronald Reagan
Pro: War in Syria, Free Market, Christianity, SOPA

User avatar
Shimon-Zhivago
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1299
Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shimon-Zhivago » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:27 am

Yes because every cop and real estate worker is racist.


I never said that they were. Just like the OP, you're jumping to a conclusion based on an assumption.

I know that not all cops are racist, and that not all real estate workers are racist. That's common sense. But the truth is that many of them are, and because they are many Blacks are stuck in a cycle of poverty and crime.

Please please please don't make the same mistake you did before and assume that I'm saying that racist cops and racist real estate workers are the sole reason that many Blacks are in the situation they are today, that's not what I'm saying, because it's not true. But it is a major factor, which is why Obama tried to get passed what he tried to get passed.

Besides, as most people here have stated, the law doesn't give Black students a free card to do whatever they want.
Did you enjoy the 1870s Real-World RP? If so, click here to assist in the planning of my next RP!



Interested in international relations with Shimon-Zhivago? Then visit the Foreign Embassy Offices or go to the Shimon-Zhivago Embassy Program Page! We look forward to working with you!

User avatar
Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11595
Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:28 am

It needs to be a little more 'The blicks are after our pure white women!'

OBAMA DEMANDS THE CANE FOR WHITE FEMALE STUDENTS

BLACK HONOUR STUDENTS TO SWING IT

There. That gets attention. And gives the tissue industry a boost to boot.

User avatar
The Unified Commonwealth
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Aug 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Commonwealth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:28 am

New Stephensland wrote:
The Unified Commonwealth wrote:To me it sounds like American hard right wingers attempting to create an alternative reality where whites are a prosecuted people. :palm:


Its embarrassing for the rest of America, glade I'm not one of them.


You, sir, just became my hero. :bow:


Does that mean I should start wearing tights and my pants over my trousers? :p

Not sure my girlfriend would approve.
This is my second nation. My first and foremost is the Militarist Union of the British Stratocracy, which reflects my true political beliefs.

User avatar
Franklin Delano Bluth
Senator
 
Posts: 4962
Founded: Apr 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Franklin Delano Bluth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:29 am

Distruzio wrote:I'm really not seeing the reason to be afraid of this, Hippo.


You should be afraid of it because Black HUSSEIN Obama did it, and Black HUSSEIN Obama is literally Hitler.
The American Legion is a neo-fascist terrorist organization, bent on implementing Paulinist Sharia, and with a history of pogroms against organized labor and peace activists and of lynching those who dare resist or defend themselves against its aggression.

Pro: O'Reilly technical books, crew-length socks, Slide-O-Mix trombone lubricant, Reuben sandwiches
Anti: The eight-line signature limit, lift kits, cancelling Better Off Ted, Chicago Cubs

User avatar
Ashmoria
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46718
Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:29 am

Austro-German Prussia wrote:
(iii) decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals of African American children from general education to special education by addressing the root causes of the referrals and eradicating discriminatory referrals;


I don't think Obama understands that it's possible for one race to do more bad than another. Black people think it's racism, but no, it's just that there HAPPEN to be more black kids who do bad than white kids. It's statistics, not racism.


I don't think you understand that there are studies to back this stuff up and that that is why they made these specific recommendations.
whatever

User avatar
Franklin Delano Bluth
Senator
 
Posts: 4962
Founded: Apr 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Franklin Delano Bluth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:30 am

Fontoria wrote:
The balkens wrote:
its not true.

What do you mean?


What does "it's not true" usually mean where you come from?
The American Legion is a neo-fascist terrorist organization, bent on implementing Paulinist Sharia, and with a history of pogroms against organized labor and peace activists and of lynching those who dare resist or defend themselves against its aggression.

Pro: O'Reilly technical books, crew-length socks, Slide-O-Mix trombone lubricant, Reuben sandwiches
Anti: The eight-line signature limit, lift kits, cancelling Better Off Ted, Chicago Cubs

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 126882
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:30 am

If something is being sold as "Obama asks schools to ignore bad behavior by black students", then without reading into it I will bet that its actually a perfectly reasonable attempt to combat racism involving no actual ignoring of bad behaviour by black students.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm.
He/Him
What do we have that they should want?
We have a wall to work upon!
We have work and they have none
And our work is never done
My children, my children
And the war is never won

The enemy is poverty
And the wall keeps out the enemy
And we build the wall to keep us free
That's why we build the wall
We build the wall to keep us free
We build the wall to keep us free

User avatar
The balkens
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18751
Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:30 am

Franklin Delano Bluth wrote:
Distruzio wrote:I'm really not seeing the reason to be afraid of this, Hippo.


You should be afraid of it because Black HUSSEIN Obama did it, and Black HUSSEIN Obama is literally Hitler.


someone tell the tea party to be more afraid and batshit crazy.

User avatar
Vareiln
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13052
Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:32 am

Franklin Delano Bluth wrote:
Distruzio wrote:I'm really not seeing the reason to be afraid of this, Hippo.


You should be afraid of it because Black HUSSEIN Obama did it, and Black HUSSEIN Obama is literally Hitler.

BHO is neo-zionist-black-jewzard-communazi-bankster-muslamic-russhianese propaganda codeword for Fuhrer of Germany.

User avatar
Wind in the Willows
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6770
Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:32 am

Shimon-Zhivago wrote:I think you need to use your brain just a bit more. Yes, the homicide rate among Blacks is higher, and the misbehavior rate is higher, but did you ever stop to think about why that is, or do you just stop at the first door and assume that those figures stand the way they do because that's just the way Blacks are?

Because obviously, poor education, drugs, racist cops, racist real estate workers, and the like have nothing to do with that. It's obvious that Blacks are poorer, less educated, and more violent because they are Black, nothing else.

Think for yourself. Think deeper than some idiotic agenda-based article tells you to.


Your post in a shorter version:

COPS ARE RAYCISS, REAL ESTATE WORKERS ARE RAYCISS, EVERYONE IS RAYCISS!

User avatar
Shaggai
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9342
Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:36 am

Ashmoria wrote:
Austro-German Prussia wrote:
I don't think Obama understands that it's possible for one race to do more bad than another. Black people think it's racism, but no, it's just that there HAPPEN to be more black kids who do bad than white kids. It's statistics, not racism.


I don't think you understand that there are studies to back this stuff up and that that is why they made these specific recommendations.

Nor did he read the bit that says how they plan to reduce the amounts. Here's what it says:
by addressing the root causes of the referrals and eradicating discriminatory referrals.

Is anything wrong with that?
If you come into contact with the Shining Trapezohedron, please bring it to me. Or just look into it. Either one is fine.

SEVEN INTO SEVEN INTO SEVEN

The "Who is Salt?" ending of Seeking Mr. Eaten's Name is a link between Fallen London and Cultist Simulator.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 126882
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:38 am

Franklin Delano Bluth wrote:
Distruzio wrote:I'm really not seeing the reason to be afraid of this, Hippo.


You should be afraid of it because Black HUSSEIN Obama did it, and Black HUSSEIN Obama is literally Hitler.

More liek Black HITLERSSEIN Obama, amirite.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm.
He/Him
What do we have that they should want?
We have a wall to work upon!
We have work and they have none
And our work is never done
My children, my children
And the war is never won

The enemy is poverty
And the wall keeps out the enemy
And we build the wall to keep us free
That's why we build the wall
We build the wall to keep us free
We build the wall to keep us free

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ausinia, Brusseldorf, Crysuko, Czechoslovakia and Zakarpattia, Exabot [Bot], Telconi, Western Vale Confederacy

Advertisement

Remove ads