NATION

PASSWORD

Explain Your Religious Views or Lack Thereof

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Seperates
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14622
Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:49 pm

O5vx wrote:
Seperates wrote:Yes, it does. The telomeric shorten, and eventually, run out. That's why you die and age even if you stayed healthy your entire life. If DNA didn't change, we could live for fucking ever.

Dude, the sheer existence of cancer renders your argument as irrelevant.


It is only transforming, not changing.

Unless your definition of "changing" is going to something that is not classified as DNA (and fucking transmutation at that), it is changing.

So, define 'changing' would you? Or are you going to not define it like a fucking coward, and hide behind the walls of word obscurity? Because any good philosopher defines his fucking terms before he tries to debate.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39324
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:49 pm

O5vx wrote:You all crazy. That's my explanation for your blatant dishonest to what you claim to understand. I refuse to continue arguing when you will continue to make up stuff.


:palm:

You're not going to save face by doing that, contrary to what you may believe. You've been proven wrong in literally EVERY way. Just fucking admit it, and stop being intellectually dishonest.
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo

User avatar
Torcularis Septentrionalis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9398
Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:49 pm

Seperates wrote:
NEO Rome Republic wrote:
Now ''the freedom of getting high'' is the real civil rights battle. :p

Whenever anybody says to respect my religion I ask them to respect my right to human sacrifice. And I then ask them to volunteer for a human sacrifice. And if they say no, I inform them that they are impeding on my religious rights and disrespecting my religion, the penalty for which is... death via sacrificial dagger.

First of all, you can't ban belief, you can only ban practice.
Second, no one has the right to harm another person. You can ban the practice of hurting a person for religion because it violates a bigger right.
But you can't ban religions that are not causing harm to people on a base level. And no, that doesn't mean you can ban a religion because it has fringe members or groups that do shitty things.
The Andromeda Islands wrote:This! Is! A! Bad! Idea!
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.



20 year old female. Camgirl/student. Call me Torc/TS/Alix

User avatar
The Silence of Night
Diplomat
 
Posts: 730
Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silence of Night » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:50 pm

O5vx wrote:You all crazy. That's my explanation for your blatant dishonest to what you claim to understand. I refuse to continue arguing when you will continue to make up stuff.

The only one making stuff up is you.
Progressivism 100
Socialism 56.25
Tenderness 50


Your test scores indicate that you are an open-minded ultra-progressive; this is the political profile one might associate with a journalist. It appears that you are skeptical towards religion, and have a balanced attitude towards humanity in general.

Your attitudes towards economics appear neither committedly capitalist nor socialist, and combined with your social attitudes this creates the picture of someone who would generally be described as a liberal.

To round out the picture you appear to be, political preference aside, a sensible realistic egalitarian with several strong convictions.

User avatar
Seperates
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14622
Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Ermiopa wrote:
Seperates wrote:Whenever anybody says to respect my religion I ask them to respect my right to human sacrifice. And I then ask them to volunteer for a human sacrifice. And if they say no, I inform them that they are impeding on my religious rights and disrespecting my religion, the penalty for which is... death via sacrificial dagger.

Respecting Religion =/= Participating in Religion

Also, there are no longer any religions apart from extremely obscure cults, that require human sacrifices.

Sir, it is a religion and you disrespected it. Not my fault if you are uneducated heathen scum.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
CHANGE FOR THE COINSTAR
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

User avatar
Seperates
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14622
Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:
Seperates wrote:Whenever anybody says to respect my religion I ask them to respect my right to human sacrifice. And I then ask them to volunteer for a human sacrifice. And if they say no, I inform them that they are impeding on my religious rights and disrespecting my religion, the penalty for which is... death via sacrificial dagger.

First of all, you can't ban belief, you can only ban practice.
Second, no one has the right to harm another person. You can ban the practice of hurting a person for religion because it violates a bigger right.
But you can't ban religions that are not causing harm to people on a base level. And no, that doesn't mean you can ban a religion because it has fringe members or groups that do shitty things.

I know. I'm pointing out that respect has little to do with the argument. We respect that which does not interfere with whatever we wish at the time. I respect people. Not beliefs.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

User avatar
O5vx
Minister
 
Posts: 2023
Founded: Jun 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby O5vx » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:54 pm

The Silence of Night wrote:
O5vx wrote:You all crazy. That's my explanation for your blatant dishonest to what you claim to understand. I refuse to continue arguing when you will continue to make up stuff.

The only one making stuff up is you.
Sure. I'm the one bring scanty report as a scholarly argument.

User avatar
Shaggai
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9342
Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Seperates wrote:
Ermiopa wrote:Respecting Religion =/= Participating in Religion

Also, there are no longer any religions apart from extremely obscure cults, that require human sacrifices.

Sir, it is a religion and you disrespected it. Not my fault if you are uneducated heathen scum.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
CHANGE FOR THE COINSTAR

This desrves to be AQ'd.
If you come into contact with the Shining Trapezohedron, please bring it to me. Or just look into it. Either one is fine.

SEVEN INTO SEVEN INTO SEVEN

The "Who is Salt?" ending of Seeking Mr. Eaten's Name is a link between Fallen London and Cultist Simulator.

User avatar
Blasveck
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13877
Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:55 pm

O5vx wrote:
The Silence of Night wrote:The only one making stuff up is you.
Sure. I'm the one bring scanty report as a scholarly argument.


What would be a good not-so-scanty source then?
Forever a Communist

User avatar
Seperates
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14622
Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:55 pm

O5vx wrote:
The Silence of Night wrote:The only one making stuff up is you.
Sure. I'm the one bring scanty report as a scholarly argument.

You are not bringing anything to this argument.

Scholarly? You wish.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

User avatar
Uiiop
Senator
 
Posts: 4664
Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Uiiop » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:55 pm

O5vx wrote:
The Silence of Night wrote:The only one making stuff up is you.
Sure. I'm the one bring scanty report as a scholarly argument.

But you haven't explain why said report are scanty.

User avatar
Ermiopa
Attaché
 
Posts: 85
Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ermiopa » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:56 pm

Seperates wrote:
Ermiopa wrote:Respecting Religion =/= Participating in Religion

Also, there are no longer any religions apart from extremely obscure cults, that require human sacrifices.

Sir, it is a religion and you disrespected it. Not my fault if you are uneducated heathen scum.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
CHANGE FOR THE COINSTAR

Its common curtesy to try to not disrespect religion through mockery, even if you are argueing against it. It is also common curtesy not to disrespect atheism through mockery, even if you are argueing against it.

If you choose to mock us for believing, despite not hurting anyone for it, then so be it. But just don't expect people to enjoy your company if you say things like that, even to make a point.

User avatar
Grave_n_idle
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43029
Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:56 pm

O5vx wrote:
The Silence of Night wrote:The only one making stuff up is you.
Sure. I'm the one bring scanty report as a scholarly argument.


You're not even bringing 'scanty report' - that's the point.

Reading your work in the thread as a whole, I'm coming to the conclusion this is all some kid of joke I'm just not getting. Well played.
WASSER IST LEBEN

User avatar
Torcularis Septentrionalis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9398
Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:56 pm

O5vx wrote:
The Silence of Night wrote:The only one making stuff up is you.
Sure. I'm the one bring scanty report as a scholarly argument.

Proof that DNA does not change, give it to us.

Seperates wrote:
Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:First of all, you can't ban belief, you can only ban practice.
Second, no one has the right to harm another person. You can ban the practice of hurting a person for religion because it violates a bigger right.
But you can't ban religions that are not causing harm to people on a base level. And no, that doesn't mean you can ban a religion because it has fringe members or groups that do shitty things.

I know. I'm pointing out that respect has little to do with the argument. We respect that which does not interfere with whatever we wish at the time. I respect people. Not beliefs.

Sure, understandable. But there are levels of respect, imo. You have to have at least enough respect not to violently attack anyone who has that religion for the sole reason that they have that religion. So, what's your level?
The Andromeda Islands wrote:This! Is! A! Bad! Idea!
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.



20 year old female. Camgirl/student. Call me Torc/TS/Alix

User avatar
Furious Grandmothers
Senator
 
Posts: 3964
Founded: Jan 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Furious Grandmothers » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:56 pm

O5vx wrote:You all crazy. That's my explanation for your blatant dishonest to what you claim to understand. I refuse to continue arguing when you will continue to make up stuff.

I'm sure you'll be able to easily quote any of the posts that involved made-up stuff, eh? Or can't you, because you made up that claim, and you're the one who has been making up stuff all this while?
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 
Code: Select all
 

User avatar
The Silence of Night
Diplomat
 
Posts: 730
Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silence of Night » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:57 pm

O5vx wrote:
The Silence of Night wrote:The only one making stuff up is you.
Sure. I'm the one bring scanty report as a scholarly argument.

you haven't brought anything close to a scholarly argument. In fact, all you've done is make things up, and refused to support you're bullshit, all while claim others should do the same, and then when people do, you claim that it's not solid evidence.
Progressivism 100
Socialism 56.25
Tenderness 50


Your test scores indicate that you are an open-minded ultra-progressive; this is the political profile one might associate with a journalist. It appears that you are skeptical towards religion, and have a balanced attitude towards humanity in general.

Your attitudes towards economics appear neither committedly capitalist nor socialist, and combined with your social attitudes this creates the picture of someone who would generally be described as a liberal.

To round out the picture you appear to be, political preference aside, a sensible realistic egalitarian with several strong convictions.

User avatar
The Scientific States
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18643
Founded: Apr 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:57 pm

O5vx wrote:You all crazy. That's my explanation for your blatant dishonest to what you claim to understand. I refuse to continue arguing when you will continue to make up stuff.


They're not making up stuff.
Centrist, Ordoliberal, Bisexual, Agnostic, Pro Social Market Economy, Pro Labour Union, Secular Humanist, Cautious Optimist, Pro LGBT, Pro Marijuana Legalization, Pro Humanitarian Intervention etc etc.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Liberal/Authoritarian: -6.62
Political Stuff I Wrote
Why Pinochet and Allende were both terrible
The UKIP: A Bad Choice for Britain
Why South Africa is in a sorry state, and how it can be fixed.
Massive List of My OOC Pros and Cons
Hey, Putin! Leave Ukraine Alone!

User avatar
Seperates
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14622
Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Ermiopa wrote:
Seperates wrote:Sir, it is a religion and you disrespected it. Not my fault if you are uneducated heathen scum.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
CHANGE FOR THE COINSTAR

Its common curtesy to try to not disrespect religion through mockery, even if you are argueing against it. It is also common curtesy not to disrespect atheism through mockery, even if you are argueing against it.

If you choose to mock us for believing, despite not hurting anyone for it, then so be it. But just don't expect people to enjoy your company if you say things like that, even to make a point.

Mock atheism then, I don't fucking care.

Oh, look at the silly man who doesn't believe in a supernatural deity. Guess what? That's it. That's all you have. Because that's all that atheism is. There is no code, there is no guideline, there is nothing else. I don't believe in atheism. It's merely a result.

Don't bullshit me with this respect thing. I'm not mocking you for believing. I'm mocking you for asking for respect simply because you believe. Respect doesn't work that way.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

User avatar
The Sovietyeto
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1158
Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sovietyeto » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:02 pm

I don't think anyone has opened this can of worms yet.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus

User avatar
Seperates
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14622
Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:
Seperates wrote:I know. I'm pointing out that respect has little to do with the argument. We respect that which does not interfere with whatever we wish at the time. I respect people. Not beliefs.

Sure, understandable. But there are levels of respect, imo. You have to have at least enough respect not to violently attack anyone who has that religion for the sole reason that they have that religion. So, what's your level?

I see no reason to ban it, though it should not be placed on the pedestal it currently occupies. That's it. Respect is something that is earned, not given de facto. And religion has yet to earn my respect as an idea.
Last edited by Seperates on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

User avatar
Blasveck
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13877
Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:03 pm

The Sovietyeto wrote:I don't think anyone has opened this can of worms yet.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus


"IT'S ALL A TEST."

That's the answer that I've heard.
Forever a Communist

User avatar
Mizrah
Diplomat
 
Posts: 821
Founded: Oct 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrah » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:03 pm

I am a Semi Observant Orthodox Jew.
Political Compass:
Economic Left: -10
Social Libertarian: -7

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39324
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Seperates wrote:
Ermiopa wrote:Respecting Religion =/= Participating in Religion

Also, there are no longer any religions apart from extremely obscure cults, that require human sacrifices.

Sir, it is a religion and you disrespected it. Not my fault if you are uneducated heathen scum.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
CHANGE FOR THE COINSTAR


This is getting sigged.

O5vx wrote:
The Silence of Night wrote:The only one making stuff up is you.
Sure. I'm the one bring scanty report as a scholarly argument.


You might want to heed my earlier advice.

Grenartia wrote:
O5vx wrote:You all crazy. That's my explanation for your blatant dishonest to what you claim to understand. I refuse to continue arguing when you will continue to make up stuff.


:palm:

You're not going to save face by doing that, contrary to what you may believe. You've been proven wrong in literally EVERY way. Just fucking admit it, and stop being intellectually dishonest.
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo

User avatar
Grave_n_idle
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43029
Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Seperates wrote:Don't bullshit me with this respect thing. I'm not mocking you for believing. I'm mocking you for asking for respect simply because you believe. Respect doesn't work that way.


True story.
WASSER IST LEBEN

User avatar
Uiiop
Senator
 
Posts: 4664
Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Uiiop » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:06 pm

The Sovietyeto wrote:I don't think anyone has opened this can of worms yet.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus

Because if this god bloke exists then while he might love use very much he's only concerned if we have experience in life rather than we not suffering through it. he's saving that non-suffering part once life is over (If you're good enough to him of course) . :meh: both sides are free to call BS on this theory as much as you like.
Last edited by Uiiop on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Australian rePublic, Google Adsense [Bot], Heloin, Libertania123, NeuPolska, New haven america, Page, The Sakhalinsk Empire, Tyrassueb, Uiiop, Vassenor, Western Vale Confederacy, Woodfiredpizzas

Advertisement

Remove ads