NATION

PASSWORD

What is the thing that really scares you?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aquafireland
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:20 am

Nationalist State of Knox wrote:
Mkuki wrote:Have you seen insects? They're creepy, disgusting, too numerous, and contribute nothing to nature or human society. I say kill them all and we'll be better off. As for butterflies, they're creepy. They look weird, they fly everywhere, and people end up hating you when you try to crush them. Deceptive little buggers. I don't see why we shouldn't just eradicate them. I mean how is this cute or adorable? It's ugly and turns my stomach. If people looked beyond the wings, wings that aren't that pretty anyway, they'd realize how right I am.

#irrationalfears

Before the Biology majors jump on me, I know insects are an important group of organisms in all aspects of nature.

Sounds like an interesting psychology experiment. Why do we view insects as often disgusting and grotesque? Because they look so bizarre, and one could even say, unnatural? Fear of the unknown?

I wonder why God even made those things. Seriously, I don't think there is anything that creeps me out more than them.
abc|xyz

“Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.”
-Angelina Jolie

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:23 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Nationalist State of Knox wrote:Sounds like an interesting psychology experiment. Why do we view insects as often disgusting and grotesque? Because they look so bizarre, and one could even say, unnatural? Fear of the unknown?

I wonder why God even made those things. Seriously, I don't think there is anything that creeps me out more than them.

Well he probably didn't. So there's a spot of relief for us all.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Aquafireland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:25 am

Forster Keys wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:I wonder why God even made those things. Seriously, I don't think there is anything that creeps me out more than them.

If God didn't make them, then who did?
abc|xyz

“Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.”
-Angelina Jolie

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:25 am

Mkuki wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:Why are you so scared of butterflies? They are one of the most beautiful insects are butterflies.

Did you see the picture I posted of one? Trust me they aren't beautiful, cute, or adorable.

Speak for yourself. I find them absolutely fascinating and a true marvel of nature.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Mkuki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:26 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
Mkuki wrote:Did you see the picture I posted of one? Trust me they aren't beautiful, cute, or adorable.

Speak for yourself. I find them absolutely fascinating and a true marvel of nature.

There's something wrong with you then.

I am of jokings.
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?
Vision of the Justice Party - Justice Party Platform
John Rawls wrote:In justice as fairness, the concept of right is prior to that of the good.
HAVE FUN BURNING IN HELL!

Aquafireland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:26 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Sarthal wrote:Aren't these two things connected? Isn't the fear of being a "lesser man" the conscious fear and the inability to reproduce/hormone imbalance the subconscious fear?

No, it's the fear of being a woman. Not an actual woman, but an "un-man", which has been the concept of women for some time in one form or another, being directly expressed Aristotle.

Manhood goes far, far beyond simply being able to reproduce. It's part of identity, and castration threatens to obliterate that identity even more than death does.

Fearing the woman?
abc|xyz

-Angelina Jolie

Aquafireland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:28 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
Mkuki wrote:Did you see the picture I posted of one? Trust me they aren't beautiful, cute, or adorable.

I love how they fly. I love it when one of them lands on my hand or something. Only insect that I like touching me.
abc|xyz

-Angelina Jolie

Aquafireland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:29 am

Mkuki wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

There's something wrong with you then.

I am of jokings.

Why do you have a strong hatred of them?
abc|xyz

-Angelina Jolie

Mkuki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:31 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Mkuki wrote:There's something wrong with you then.

I am of jokings.

Why do you have a strong hatred of them?

Before I say anything, I'd like to make it clear that I don't hate anything. The word's too strong and is thrown around like a cheap rag doll. That said, my reasoning is below.

Mkuki wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Agreed.

Now, is your fear the product of a bad experience or is it something you've always felt?

I really don't know. I think my fear/hate of butterflies stems from a particular trip to a Butterfly house when I was a kid. Scared the hell out of me, it did. They fly everywhere. They don't stop. And you can't crush them. Otherwise people look at you weird and think you also enjoy kicking babies.

I can't stand insects in general, but butterflies are the worst.
Last edited by Mkuki on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?
John Rawls wrote:In justice as fairness, the concept of right is prior to that of the good.

Conservative Idealism
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative Idealism » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:32 am

Pain and suffering are my two largest concerns. Luckily God helps me overcome my fears.

Azaflaza
Senator

Founded: Jun 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Azaflaza » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:34 am

Spiders and what comes after death. I'm not scared of death because that's pointless and irrational but what comes after is what I'm worried about. My mind simply cannot handle the unknown especially when its unavoidable. Every time I try and think what it will be like whether there's a heaven or just nothing I cant comprehend it in my mind.

Sahrani DR
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 06, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sahrani DR » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:35 am

Loneliness.
Political Compass:
Economic Left: -8.25
Social Libertarian: -3.15

About North Korea's allowed haircuts:
Hurdegaryp wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:Well I'd be fucked. I went bald at 20.....

To the gulag with you, comrade! No place for degenerate bald-headed bourgeois class traitors in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea!

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Blekksprutia wrote:It looks like 1 haircut viewed from 28 different angles.

That's the undeniable superiority of the Juche doctrine in action for you. All shall be equal!
http://imageshack.us/a/img546/7193/y0bu.png
Souseiseki wrote:
Sahrani DR wrote:how do you even learn japanese?

sacrifice to the blood god

Vandelstein
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vandelstein » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:36 am

Losing my partner to a horrible accident

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:38 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

Not who, but what. That what is natural selection.
Last edited by Threlizdun on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:38 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

My mate, Dave. He got bored. It's actually more likely really.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:41 am

I maintain that almost everyone has tryophobia the instant they look it up.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Cisplata (Ancient)
Attaché

Founded: Jul 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisplata (Ancient) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:46 am

Mkuki wrote:Insects. Especially Butterflies. :?

Me too!
Cisplata;Your Argentine NS Nation

DrakoBlaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoBlaria » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:47 am

Transexuals
Kleomentia wrote:Almighty Hellenic Overlord of Slavya, he who is the son of Zeus and the father of Greekishness.
When Greeks stop being nationalists, they stop being Greeks
ABOUT ME:
Male, Greek Nationalist, Orthodox Christian, State Capitalist
EU, communism, abortion, Greek/Turkish friendship, NATO, illegal immigration, Globalism, FYROM, gay marriage
Enosis, Megali Idea, Putin, Guns, Nationalism, Equallity, Kurdistan, Assyria
Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.74

Ke Unie Chrismanique
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ke Unie Chrismanique » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:48 am

Definitely losing my senses. My eyesight in my left eye's been deteriorating recently and that scares me very much.

DrakoBlaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoBlaria » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:49 am

Cisplata wrote:

Me too!

Butterflies? Really?
Well.. I sometimes act weird when a Skourkos comes nearby so I guess that I also fear insects
Kleomentia wrote:Almighty Hellenic Overlord of Slavya, he who is the son of Zeus and the father of Greekishness.
When Greeks stop being nationalists, they stop being Greeks
ABOUT ME:
Male, Greek Nationalist, Orthodox Christian, State Capitalist
EU, communism, abortion, Greek/Turkish friendship, NATO, illegal immigration, Globalism, FYROM, gay marriage
Enosis, Megali Idea, Putin, Guns, Nationalism, Equallity, Kurdistan, Assyria
Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.74

Mkuki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:51 am

Cisplata wrote:

Me too!

They're evil little creatures.

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?

Aquafireland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:51 am

Mkuki wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:Why do you have a strong hatred of them?

Before I say anything, I'd like to make it clear that I don't hate anything. The word's too strong and is thrown around like a cheap rag doll. That said, my reasoning is below.

Mkuki wrote:I really don't know. I think my fear/hate of butterflies stems from a particular trip to a Butterfly house when I was a kid. Scared the hell out of me, it did. They fly everywhere. They don't stop. And you can't crush them. Otherwise people look at you weird and think you also enjoy kicking babies.

I can't stand insects in general, but butterflies are the worst.

Well, understanding your experiences as a kid, you are really scared of them. If you saw one, would you kill it?
abc|xyz

-Angelina Jolie

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:52 am

Threlizdun wrote:I maintain that almost everyone has tryophobia the instant they look it up.

That's really odd. It's slightly unnerving now. But only because I've told to be scared of it I think.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General