NATION

PASSWORD

Amash amendment shot down by Congress and White House

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Abatael
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Abatael wrote:
I see no evidence of narcissism, greed or the endorsement of suppression from Congress.

Try looking at them then

So your subjective opinion counts as evidence of narcissism now?
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
ROMVLVS·AVRELIVS·SECVNDVS.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Second Best Factbook (UNDERGOING MAJOR REVISIONS)| Factbook Rankings | Embassy Program

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Abatael wrote:
The Scientific States wrote:
There is a lot of evidence that congress is a greedy, suppression loving government body.

And where would that evidence be?

Just look at the thread itself. Congress wants to make sure the NSA can do what they want and infringe on people's privacy.

Regarding greed congress always votes against increased welfare and healthcare, and lobbying plays a major influence in congress.
Centrist, Ordoliberal, Bisexual, Agnostic, Pro Social Market Economy, Pro Labour Union, Secular Humanist, Cautious Optimist, Pro LGBT, Pro Marijuana Legalization, Pro Humanitarian Intervention etc etc.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Liberal/Authoritarian: -6.62
Political Stuff I Wrote
Why Pinochet and Allende were both terrible
The UKIP: A Bad Choice for Britain
Why South Africa is in a sorry state, and how it can be fixed.
Massive List of My OOC Pros and Cons
Hey, Putin! Leave Ukraine Alone!

Komi Rus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Komi Rus » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Abatael wrote:
There is a lot of evidence that congress is a greedy, suppression loving government body.

They shoot down bills supporting the constitution and support their own raises
This nation does not represent my political views. If anything, it's the opposite

Everia
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Everia » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Abatael wrote:

Everywhere.

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Abatael wrote:

Just look at the thread itself. Congress wants to make sure the NSA can do what they want and infringe on people's privacy.

Regarding greed congress always votes against increased welfare and healthcare, and lobbying plays a major influence in congress.

First of all, that's loaded with bias.

Second of all, even if that were true, it would not be evidence of narcissism. But it's not true.

And if they are always voting against healthcare, how is it that Obamacare passed and if I recall correctly, over twenty attempts to get it repealed failed? (However, this would be off-topic; so I won't be discussing this anymore.)
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Second Best Factbook (UNDERGOING MAJOR REVISIONS)| Factbook Rankings | Embassy Program

Helvereos
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Helvereos » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Everia wrote:
Abatael wrote:

Everywhere.

Yep. Take NSG, for instance. ;)

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Abatael wrote:

Second of all, even if that were true, it would not be evidence of narcissism. But it's not true.

And if they are always voting against healthcare, how is it that Obamacare passed and if I recall correctly, over twenty attempts to get it repealed failed? (However, this would be off-topic; so I won't be discussing this anymore.)

Obamacare took a long, long time to pass.

Also what I said is not bias, it's fact.
Centrist, Ordoliberal, Bisexual, Agnostic, Pro Social Market Economy, Pro Labour Union, Secular Humanist, Cautious Optimist, Pro LGBT, Pro Marijuana Legalization, Pro Humanitarian Intervention etc etc.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Liberal/Authoritarian: -6.62
Political Stuff I Wrote
Why Pinochet and Allende were both terrible
The UKIP: A Bad Choice for Britain
Why South Africa is in a sorry state, and how it can be fixed.
Massive List of My OOC Pros and Cons
Hey, Putin! Leave Ukraine Alone!

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Komi Rus wrote:I'm pretty sure CONGRESS stands for Collection Of Narcissists Greedily Ruling (by) Endorsing Surveillance (and) Suppression.

Smart person^
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Komi Rus wrote:
Abatael wrote:

They shoot down bills supporting the constitution and support their own raises

What have they shot down that would support the Constitution? And as to them increasing there own pay, that may be considered a fault with the system, but it is what it is. (I realize that's a poor response to it, but it would be off-topic.)

Everia wrote:
Abatael wrote:

Everywhere.

So nowhere.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Komi Rus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Komi Rus » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Abatael wrote:
Komi Rus wrote:They shoot down bills supporting the constitution and support their own raises

What have they shot down that would support the Constitution? And as to them increasing there own pay, that may be considered a fault with the system, but it is what it is. (I realize that's a poor response to it, but it would be off-topic.)

Everia wrote:Everywhere.

So nowhere.

Amash, Right to privacy unless a warrant is given is the fourth amendment in a nutshell
Last edited by Komi Rus on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This nation does not represent my political views. If anything, it's the opposite

Everia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Everia » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Abatael wrote:
Komi Rus wrote:They shoot down bills supporting the constitution and support their own raises

The Amash amendment for instance.

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Abatael wrote:

". . . wants to make sure the NSA can do what they want and infringe on people's privacy." That's biased and warped.
They never once did that. The NSA requires proper warrants and only looks at the caller, the one being called, the frequency of calls and the duration of calls. It is looking at what could be considered private, but it is not infringing it, where "to infringe" means to disobey or disregard something, such as the law or one's rights.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Komi Rus wrote:
Abatael wrote:

So nowhere.

Amash, Right to privacy unless a warrant is given is the fourth amendment

Amash is some idiotic, tinpot amendment proposal that should be trashed. And give me one example of when the NSA has recorded phone-call information without a warrant.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Abatael wrote:
Komi Rus wrote:Amash, Right to privacy unless a warrant is given is the fourth amendment

Amash is some idiotic, tinpot amendment proposal that should be trashed. And give me one example of when the NSA has recorded phone-call information without a warrant.

They don't use warrant's so every time
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Komi Rus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Komi Rus » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Abatael wrote:

". . . wants to make sure the NSA can do what they want and infringe on people's privacy." That's biased and warped.
They never once did that. The NSA requires proper warrants and only looks at the caller, the one being called, the frequency of calls and the duration of calls. It is looking at what could be considered private, but it is not infringing it, where "to infringe" means to disobey or disregard something, such as the law or one's rights.

they are disobeying/disregarding the bill of rights

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Fuck all this. Just fuck everything. If I can't even live in my own country without being spied on, I might as well leave. It's to stop "Counterterrorism"?

"Those who value security over freedom deserve neither."

-Benjamin Franklin
Forever a Communist

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Abatael wrote:

They don't use warrant's so every time

What?

Komi Rus wrote:
Abatael wrote:

they are disobeying/disregarding the bill of rights

How? They have obtained all of the proper warrants necessary to do this via every legal channel. No law was broken. It was entirely within the Bill of Rights as they most certainly obtained a warrant for each case.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Blasveck wrote:Fuck all this. Just fuck everything. If I can't even live in my own country without being spied on, I might as well leave. It's to stop "Counterterrorism"?

-Benjamin Franklin

Then leave. No one is going to stop you. Or even try to stop you.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Komi Rus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Komi Rus » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Blasveck wrote:Fuck all this. Just fuck everything. If I can't even live in my own country without being spied on, I might as well leave. It's to stop "Counterterrorism"?

-Benjamin Franklin

great quote by the way, unfortunately too few influential people agree

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:11 pm

-Benjamin Franklin

If at first you don't succeed try again with an equally horrible plan.
FT Nation: The Aurelian Imperium

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:12 pm

Day by day, I am quite thankful I was born in Canada and not south of it. At this point, if the Republicans win a majority in the 2014 election for the House of "Representatives", I strongly wish the last person to leave the United States would turn off the lights, for a shitload of reasons. This is one of them.

To quote Maurepas on this matter...

Maurepas wrote:I had high hopes for it, but I'm not surprised it didn't pass. The US Government has clearly demonstrated it doesn't give a shit about its people or their rights.
Last edited by Luziyca on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Surprise.

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Abatael wrote:

-Benjamin Franklin

Then leave. No one is going to stop you. Or even try to stop you.

And do nothing about it? Hells no.
Forever a Communist

Everia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Everia » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Luziyca wrote:Day by day, I am quite thankful I was born in Canada and not south of it. At this point, if the Republicans win a majority in the 2014 election for the House of "Representatives", I strongly wish the last person to leave the United States would turn off the lights, for a shitload of reasons. This is one of them.

To quote Maurepas on this matter...

Maurepas wrote:I had high hopes for it, but I'm not surprised it didn't pass. The US Government has clearly demonstrated it doesn't give a shit about its people or their rights.

I personally blame both parties for being retarded and generally not giving a shit. That's not to say I'm some lolbertarian though.
Last edited by Everia on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:15 pm

The blood ravens wrote:

-Benjamin Franklin

Although I'd have say to that... Just because somebody somewhere said something doesn't make it true. I sincerely hope that you don't mean that seriously.

Oh, and I agree that Congress is obviously delaying a bill that should be important to our civil rights.
Last edited by Seperates on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General