NATION

PASSWORD

Seriously, what if the zombie apocalypse happens tomorrow?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Trapatrical
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Seriously, what if the zombie apocalypse happens tomorrow?

Postby Trapatrical » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:52 pm

We always talk about how absurd it would be if zombies actually started taking over the world, but what if it actually started to happen? Destroy the brain, yeah, but where on Earth would you go? Do you have a location you'd bunker down in? Do you any weapons you could bring along? I used to have a plan, but circumstances changed and now I am weaponless.

My plan was to head over to my uncle's house, next door might I add, and equip myself with one of his hunting rifles. He was going to teach me how to aim and fire them properly beforehand so that I wouldn't cause any harm to myself/anyone. I went to the range with his son one day and I didn't hit a single clay disk. I was planning on mastering my marksmanship before the apocalypse, but if it happened tomorrow I'm screwed. Continuing with the plan, I would make my way down to the military outpost in my town (yes, we seriously have one here.) By then the military would hopefully protect me from the oncoming hordes, but that's as far as I went planning wise. What kind of plan would you guys have?
I'm a proud American, Liberal, Writer and Irish Descendant.

DEFCON 1 T-Minus: Nuclear War is imminent
DEFCON 2 Welcoming Committee: Armed Forces ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours
DEFCON 3 Fire House: Mobilization imminent
DEFCON 4 Whispers: Heightened intelligence, above average preparedness
DEFCON 5 Hummingbird: Peace

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Use my 50 caliber sniper machine gun rocket launcher mounted on the White House to kill everything and everyone in the DC Metropolitan area.
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.
I'm Joe Biden. So far as you know.

For: Anarchy, Punk Rock Fury
Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
"Am I buggin' ya? I don't mean to bug ya." - Bono
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

Dakran
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dakran » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Me and my friend has a plan to learn how to fly Helicopters, find an island, buy it and make it livable and self sustaining, and bring our family and friends there if we could. We would also have a larger Armory than China does...

But tomorrow? Hmm... Join the horde probably haha.
Trans flag here She/Her
01_EMBASSY_PROPOSE
WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS, WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS, WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS
Baltenstein wrote:Source:
The Turkish minister of Turkishness, Öztürk Türkuglu.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Go on a date. Seriously, it's better than having wet dreams about the destruction of the society you hate.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Trapatrical
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Trapatrical » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Frisivisia wrote:Use my 50 caliber sniper machine gun rocket launcher mounted on the White House to kill everything and everyone in the DC Metropolitan area.

'Murica. Sounds legitimate.

DEFCON 2 Welcoming Committee: Armed Forces ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Trapatrical wrote:
Frisivisia wrote:Use my 50 caliber sniper machine gun rocket launcher mounted on the White House to kill everything and everyone in the DC Metropolitan area.

'Murica. Sounds legitimate.

I'm the Vice President, I do what I want.
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.

Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

Torcularis Septentrionalis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Take one of my grandfathers guns and an axe and lock myself in walmart with Josh.
The Andromeda Islands wrote:This! Is! A! Bad! Idea!
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.

20 year old female. Camgirl/student. Call me Torc/TS/Alix

Warda
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Warda » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Dakran wrote:Me and my friend has a plan to learn how to fly Helicopters, find an island, buy it and make it livable and self sustaining, and bring our family and friends there if we could. We would also have a larger Armory than China does...

But tomorrow? Hmm... Join the horde probably haha.

Maybe those years of flight sims would pay off enough for me to actually fly :lol2:
Nation Described As
Las Palmeras wrote:Decent enough for the Middle East.

Trapatrical
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Trapatrical » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:58 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:Go on a date. Seriously, it's better than having wet dreams about the destruction of the society you hate.

Hahaha, who said I hate society? I just thought this type of thread would be fun to make is all. I "went on a date" a few nights ago, actually. Is that even relevant?

Warda
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warda » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:Take one of my grandfathers guns and an axe and lock myself in walmart with Josh.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077402/ Way to be creative :roll:
Nation Described As

Johto and Kanto
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Johto and Kanto » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:58 pm

I'd be zombified within 24 hours.
I STILL need a new signature.

*insert link to witty post here*

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Take safe refuge in my orbiting space station, obviously.

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Die.

Well, I'd probably go try and kill a few of the people I don't like, and then I'd probably commit suicide. I'd lose my sanity quickly in a zombie apocalypse. That, or become a zombie myself.
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Warda wrote:
Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:Take one of my grandfathers guns and an axe and lock myself in walmart with Josh.

That's the joke, sweetie.

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Bodobol wrote:Die.

Well, I'd probably go try and kill a few of the people I don't like, and then I'd probably commit suicide. I'd lose my sanity quickly in a zombie apocalypse. That, or become a zombie myself.

Yay, opportunities for useless homicide! Fun fun fun!

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:59 pm

In our gun cabinet, we have two shotguns, a .357, a .308, a .22 longshot and two .22 pistols. I think we're fine.
password scrambled

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Me and the third army will beat back the undead hordes.
We will require a lot of wheelchairs. And we'll be taking all the Sherman's out of museums for it. But we'll do it. We beat the Jerries, we can beat zombies.

More seriously (if that's even possible in a zombie apocalypse thread) I do think that preparing for and having a plan for disasters is a good idea. Especially an extreme one that won't happen but which will lend you to think about planning that can also help for less serious disasters. For example, I keep two or three boxes of bottled water and a good deal of canned food on hand at all times. Because one is going to want some food and drink in between all that zombie-killing.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Trapatrical
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Trapatrical » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:59 pm

I know of a nearby Walmart that I could crash if the military was overrun. Hopefully I could scavenge some weapons before fleeing the outpost :P

Warda
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warda » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Frisivisia wrote:

That's the joke, sweetie.

O I see, and I love you too sweetie :hug:
Nation Described As

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Be really thankful that I do not have to deal with the stupidity, and run, unarmed, to the zombies, so I can have my brain eaten by them, so therefore, I do not have to worry about the future of society.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Frisivisia wrote:
Bodobol wrote:Die.

Yay, opportunities for useless homicide! Fun fun fun!

'Tis the best way to have fun.
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

Torcularis Septentrionalis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Warda wrote:

Never seen Dawn of the Dead, but a good idea is a good idea.
The Andromeda Islands wrote:This! Is! A! Bad! Idea!
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.

20 year old female. Camgirl/student. Call me Torc/TS/Alix

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Luziyca wrote:Be really thankful that I do not have to deal with the stupidity, and run, unarmed, to the zombies, so I can have my brain eaten by them, so therefore, I do not have to worry about the future of society.

Hip and edgy.

Trapatrical
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Trapatrical » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Johto and Kanto wrote:I'd be zombified within 24 hours.

I wouldn't want my corpse to feed on the living. There's a good chance I'd take myself out before the "virus" or "curse" took me over.

Warda
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warda » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:Me and the third army will beat back the undead hordes.
We will require a lot of wheelchairs. And we'll be taking all the Sherman's out of museums for it. But we'll do it. We beat the Jerries, we can beat zombies.

More seriously (if that's even possible in a zombie apocalypse thread) I do think that preparing for and having a plan for disasters is a good idea. Especially an extreme one that won't happen but which will lend you to think about planning that can also help for less serious disasters. For example, I keep two or three boxes of bottled water and a good deal of canned food on hand at all times. Because one is going to want some food and drink in between all that zombie-killing.

T-34-85 way better than Sherman.
Nation Described As

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General