NATION

PASSWORD

Escaping the 'Gay Culture'

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dalmacie
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmacie » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:25 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
San Benedict e San Francesco wrote:You're right.

That's why it's working. I agree with you in principle... but the real changes of policy aren't coming from pride parades. They're coming from the lobby. And the Lobby isn't wandering around your parliamentary assembly building of choice in feather boas and assless chaps.

The bigoted assholes who pull the strings of the bigoted assholes in congress need to be shown that gays are relatable. Doing otherwise is an impediment to progress.

No, all the effort will be wasted.

None of those bigoted assholes don't like gays because they think they are too different, they dislike them because:

1-"Mah Bible, Mah Jesus, Mah God" told me so.

2- EWWWW. Faggots.

3- It ain't natural.

4- Pedophiles, pedophiles the lot of them.

And many, many more.

None of those reasons are going to change if those bigoted assholes see that gays are humans and not depraved animals.

Because the usual idea and image of a homosexual individual in modern American culture is not, as far as I know, have seen or heard, that of the flamboyant pride-parade participant.

It is quite a normal image, and yet bigoted assholes are against it anyway.

What a self-defeating idea.

"Act normal so that people who think your very existence is an abomination might, just might, see that you are actually human beings and not depraved sexual deviants and sub-humans."

Definitely.

Next thing you know, gays will be attempting to get those "I don't mind faggots, as long as they keep their entire lives in the privacy of their own bedrooms" people to actually accept them.

Yup! :roll:

Poopookakapeepeeshire
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Poopookakapeepeeshire » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:26 pm

(sings) im riding the merry go round and so are all of you! rIding forever! RIDING FOREVER!!!! (laughs maniacally)

Land of the Risen
Senator

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Land of the Risen » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Personally, Im Bi, and my best friend is gay. I have lots of friends with all types of preferences, pansexual, stuff like that. I think part of being it is being proud of what you are. Sure, gay's get potrayed as those images, but I know plenty of them that are like that, and plenty that you wouldnt even guess. It's all a personality/confidence thing really.
Nationstate's Residential Cringe Control

Wait, wait just a minute
Just to ask
What he's got that I dont have
-Saves the Day

Almost had you
But I guess that doesn't cut it
Almost loved you
I almost wished you would've loved me too
-Bowling for Soup

And when the principal told me I was nothing
And I wouldn't amount to shit
I made my first million
AND counted it.
-D12

You choose to live on you knees
I'd rather die on my feet
-The Transplants

I wish I was special
Yes, so very special
But I'm a creep
Yes, I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here
-Radiohead

Faolinn
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Faolinn » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Poopookakapeepeeshire wrote:oh theres the merry go round

*begins singing You Spin Me round with improvised lyrics* All I know is pedantry, this discussion used to be fun, please halt your moving mouths, this has gone on too long. This talk goes right, right round, like a record baby right round, round, round.
Last edited by Faolinn on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And the Gods said down with tyrants and it was good."-Me
One of the religious left.
Research supports cynicism
My ideology.

I support: Deism, Evolution, Pro Choice, Feminism, Environmentalism, Communal Anarchism, Cosmopolitanism, Transcendentalism, Occultism, Anarcho Syndicalism, Mutualism, Legalizing Illegal substances, Sexual Freedom, LGBT Rights, Freedom of Speech

I oppose: Fascism, Objectivism, Determinism, Nihlism, Evangelism, Anarcho Capitalism, Atheism (militant), Conservatism, Monarchy, Totalitarianism,Might = Right, Timocracy, Plutocracy, Oligarchy, Materialism, Creationism, Transhumanism, Legalism, Nationalism, Imperialsm, Racism

I disagree with but have some respect for: Secular Humanism, Agnosticism

Poopookakapeepeeshire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Poopookakapeepeeshire » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:38 pm

Faolinn wrote:
Poopookakapeepeeshire wrote:oh theres the merry go round

*begins singing You Spin Me round with improvised lyrics* All I know is pedantry, this discussion used to be fun, please halt your moving mouths, this has gone one too long. This talk goes right, right round, like a record baby right round, round, round.

this one wants off the merry go round

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:40 pm

San Benedict e San Francesco wrote:That's why it's working. I agree with you in principle... but the real changes of policy aren't coming from pride parades. They're coming from the lobby. And the Lobby isn't wandering around your parliamentary assembly building of choice in feather boas and assless chaps.

The lobby also aren't the ones who started the movement. Queers didn't get where we are by showing we can be complacent and presentable. We got where we are by showing we're not afraid to rebel. There's a place to show we can be normal and a place to show that there's nothing wrong with being freaky, because the movement for queer liberation is about gender & sexual freedom.

Des-Bal wrote:
San Benedict e San Francesco wrote:You're right.

That's why it's working. I agree with you in principle... but the real changes of policy aren't coming from pride parades. They're coming from the lobby. And the Lobby isn't wandering around your parliamentary assembly building of choice in feather boas and assless chaps.

The bigoted assholes who pull the strings of the bigoted assholes in congress need to be shown that gays are relatable. Doing otherwise is an impediment to progress.

You can do that with documentaries and statistics and shit. Pride is about having fun and not giving a fuck what bigots think.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Revolutionarily
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutionarily » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:43 pm

I don't know many gays. I know 4. 1 is way overblown and has a purse, make up, window shops for dresses, and everything you can imagine. Another one acts like a girl and dresses feminine but still not as bad as the other example. The other two are normal looking but have kind of feminine expressions while communicating. So call it oppressive when it is incorrect.
Last edited by Revolutionarily on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poopookakapeepeeshire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Poopookakapeepeeshire » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:43 pm

but everyone else still wants on! yay more merry go round!

San Benedict e San Francesco
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby San Benedict e San Francesco » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:45 pm

Revolutionarily wrote:I don't know many gays. I know 4. 1 is way overblown and has a purse, make up, window shops for dresses, and everything you can imagine. Another one acts like a girl and dresses feminine but still not as bad as the other example. The other two are normal looking but have kind of feminine expressions while communicating. So call it oppressive when it is incorrect.

Have you considered that the first might not be gay, but trans?
Mission for the Practice of Diplomacy
Bear in mind that, while I am not a Poe per-se, the See takes a more traditionalist view in many ways than I myself do
Secretary-General, NS Pedantic Society. Well, really, we're more of a Group.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:It's not so much that we're off-topic as it is that the topic has run screaming from the thread.

Revolutionarily
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutionarily » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:46 pm

San Benedict e San Francesco wrote:
Revolutionarily wrote:I don't know many gays. I know 4. 1 is way overblown and has a purse, make up, window shops for dresses, and everything you can imagine. Another one acts like a girl and dresses feminine but still not as bad as the other example. The other two are normal looking but have kind of feminine expressions while communicating. So call it oppressive when it is incorrect.

I have came to this conclusion recently but they haven't came out yet

The Silver Bloods
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Bloods » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:47 pm

-
Last edited by The Silver Bloods on Wed May 05, 2021 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

San Benedict e San Francesco
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby San Benedict e San Francesco » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Revolutionarily wrote:
San Benedict e San Francesco wrote:

I have came to this conclusion recently but they haven't came out yet

Ah. Very, very fair.
Mission for the Practice of Diplomacy
Bear in mind that, while I am not a Poe per-se, the See takes a more traditionalist view in many ways than I myself do
Secretary-General, NS Pedantic Society. Well, really, we're more of a Group.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:It's not so much that we're off-topic as it is that the topic has run screaming from the thread.

Rawrckia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Rawrckia » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Meryuma wrote:Pride is about having fun and not giving a fuck what bigots think.

Is Nazi heritage pride acceptable to you then? As long as they never physically harm anyone else?

Is European/white pride acceptable to you then?

Is pride in being a WBC member acceptable to you then? More people have hurt them or damaged their property than they have to others, does this mean they are oppressed and deserve the right to have pride parades?

I belong to none of these and I am not a part of the gay pride movement, but I support the right for these to exist. If you wish for a peaceful neo-Nazi rally to be illegal due to "hatred and bigotry" you are a hypocrite.
Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.18
"Build a man a fire and you'll keep him warm through the night. Set a man on fire and you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life."
PRO: Hugs
ANTI: Loud noises

Land of the Risen
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Land of the Risen » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Hell, just let people do what they want -.- Wanna be a neo-Nazi? Go for it, just dont burn anyone. Wanna be gay? Go for it. Wanna be part of a religion? Hell if I care.
My life princible: You do you, I'll do me.

Wait, wait just a minute
Just to ask
-Saves the Day

Almost had you
Almost loved you
-Bowling for Soup

I made my first million
AND counted it.
-D12

-The Transplants

I wish I was special
Yes, so very special
But I'm a creep
Yes, I'm a weirdo
I don't belong here
-Radiohead

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:55 pm

Land of the Risen wrote:Hell, just let people do what they want -.- Wanna be a neo-Nazi? Go for it, just dont burn anyone. Wanna be gay? Go for it. Wanna be part of a religion? Hell if I care.

"Wanna be gay?" Holy shit, how fucking old are you?
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Poopookakapeepeeshire wrote:but everyone else still wants on! yay more merry go round!

Please stop spamming the thread.

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Rawrckia wrote:
Meryuma wrote:Pride is about having fun and not giving a fuck what bigots think.

Is Nazi heritage pride acceptable to you then? As long as they never physically harm anyone else?

Is pride in being a WBC member acceptable to you then? More people have hurt them or damaged their property than they have to others, does this mean they are oppressed and deserve the right to have pride parades?

I belong to none of these and I am not a part of the gay pride movement, but I support the right for these to exist. If you wish for a peaceful neo-Nazi rally to be illegal due to "hatred and bigotry" you are a hypocrite.

Yes, because these are totally the same thing. :roll:

Land of the Risen
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Land of the Risen » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:01 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Land of the Risen wrote:Hell, just let people do what they want -.- Wanna be a neo-Nazi? Go for it, just dont burn anyone. Wanna be gay? Go for it. Wanna be part of a religion? Hell if I care.

Yes, I know it's not really a "want" thing. I just phrased it for a lack of other words. And im 15, so yea, im still ignorant in the ways of life. Im not gay, just bi-curious. But even so, I have no way of getting into other's brains, so I cant really tell how it all works...

Wait, wait just a minute
Just to ask
-Saves the Day

Almost had you
Almost loved you
-Bowling for Soup

I made my first million
AND counted it.
-D12

-The Transplants

I wish I was special
Yes, so very special
But I'm a creep
Yes, I'm a weirdo
I don't belong here
-Radiohead

Poopookakapeepeeshire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Poopookakapeepeeshire » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:01 pm

(haunting tone) MMMEERRRYYY GOOO RROUUUND heh heh heh heh

Rawrckia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rawrckia » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:02 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:

lol calm down

not everyone spends hours reading over this shit
"Build a man a fire and you'll keep him warm through the night. Set a man on fire and you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life."

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Rawrckia wrote:

How the fuck did you get anything about banning anything from my post? You're just reciting cliches with no context.

Poopookakapeepeeshire wrote:(haunting tone) MMMEERRRYYY GOOO RROUUUND heh heh heh heh

I don't know if you think you're being funny or creepy but you're neither.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Poopookakapeepeeshire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Poopookakapeepeeshire » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Poopookakapeepeeshire wrote:but everyone else still wants on! yay more merry go round!

Please stop spamming the thread.

youd have to get off the merry go round first

Poopookakapeepeeshire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Poopookakapeepeeshire » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Meryuma wrote:
Rawrckia wrote:

How the fuck did you get anything about banning anything from my post? You're just reciting cliches with no context.

Poopookakapeepeeshire wrote:(haunting tone) MMMEERRRYYY GOOO RROUUUND heh heh heh heh

I don't know if you think you're being funny or creepy but you're neither.

maybe not to you

Rawrckia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rawrckia » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Dakini wrote:
Rawrckia wrote:

Yes, because these are totally the same thing. :roll:

They are
-Gathering together as like-minded individuals in a particular aspect
-Celebrating their similarity
-Doing what they enjoy
-Telling the world: Look at this big group of people that all share this! We exist and we want you to recognize us!
-Exercising their right to free speech
-Exercising their freedom to assemble
-Within the law (multiple accounts of public lewd behavior in gay parades, however children do not attend in reasonable numbers, these reports are not acted on, and police are very few; no way to know if this is real though some disturbing pics have surfaced)

Are "pride parades" really that different at their core? They're just highlighting people that belong to a certain demographic or believe a certain thing. As civilized societies we protect their rights to assemble and believe what they want.

Poopookakapeepeeshire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Poopookakapeepeeshire » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:14 pm

im sure there are more fun circles to run around in see you

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General