NATION

PASSWORD

Christian Discussion Thread III

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your denomination?

Catholic
300
31%
Eastern Orthodox
101
10%
Non-Chalcedonian (Oriental Orthodox, Church of the East , etc.)
8
1%
Lutheran
65
7%
Baptist
101
10%
Reformed (Calvinism, Presbyterianism, etc.)
48
5%
Anglican/Episcopalian
61
6%
Restorationist (LDS Movement, Jehovah's Witness, etc.)
19
2%
Non-Denominational
148
15%
Other Christian
130
13%
 
Total votes : 981

User avatar
Neo Rome Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5338
Founded: Dec 27, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Neo Rome Republic » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:14 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
NEO Rome Republic wrote:I wasn't decrying Religion or God, I was simply talking about a situation in which a person is irritating others. Which isn't decrying the Religion involved, just that said person is themselves being a dickwad.
I may have done in it in the past, but recently(for almost a month from Dec.20th till now) I have not decried Religion or God.
Because the other Religious discussions aren't as politically or socially oriented. If they were, I would hang out over there more.



Just because you haven't done it this particular time doesn't mean you haven't. And when you have, what happens. Those who don't want to engage you simply leave, and those of us who don't mind engaging you stick around. But you still clearly annoy the shit out of us sometimes. Does that mean you shouldn't come here? No, because you hold to you convictions and believe they need a voice, to make others see reason the same way you do.

If a man wants to stand on a side walk and espouse his beliefs via microphone, he is entitled to. No one is required to pay attention to him. But just like you, he's willing to annoy a few people, in the hopes that those who will take to his message, will hear it.

Okay, I see your point.
If what I say offends you, twas misunderstanding on you or my indifference.
Ethical and Metaphysical: (Pan) Humanist and Naturalist.
Political Views Sum: Centrist on social issues, Market Socialist on economic, and Radical on political governance.
This nation DOES(for most part) represent my OOC views.
''A rich man complaining about regulation and taxes, is like the drunkard at a party, complaining about not having enough to drink.'',

"An empty mind is a mind without a filter, the mind of a gullible fool. A closed mind is the mind unwilling to look at the reality outside its bubble. An open mind is one that is cautious, flexible yet balanced; looking at both the reality and the possibility."
OOC Info Page Pros And Cons Political Ideology

User avatar
Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15693
Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Menassa wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:

I guess I'm missing the point of you invoking the story of Noah then.

It was a response to the claim of pro evangelisim because it would be a shame for God to see a world of evil.


Pretty sure He already does, regardless of evangelism.
Menassa wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Except that's overly objectively bad. Simply telling the world about God, isn't the same as cutting off arms en mass.

If I would not want to evangelize to someone because I see it as bad I would not want them to do it to me.


Doesn't the Jewish faith also argue against it?

Menassa wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Que?

Why not?

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:Sorry, I guess that read differently than I meant it.

You're saying that because a man is Lactose Intolerant, he shouldn't give people milk?

Not to people who are lactose intolerant... then no.



Sorry, I guess I'm not making my point clearly.

Taking it too literal becomes absurd. Just because I don't want gifts, doesn't mean I shouldn't give gifts. Just cause I don't want charity, doesn't mean I shouldn't give charity.
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Galatians 6:7 " Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
A. Lincoln: "My concern is not whether God is on our side, My greatest concern is to be on God's side."
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

User avatar
Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15693
Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:21 pm

NEO Rome Republic wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:

Just because you haven't done it this particular time doesn't mean you haven't. And when you have, what happens. Those who don't want to engage you simply leave, and those of us who don't mind engaging you stick around. But you still clearly annoy the shit out of us sometimes. Does that mean you shouldn't come here? No, because you hold to you convictions and believe they need a voice, to make others see reason the same way you do.

If a man wants to stand on a side walk and espouse his beliefs via microphone, he is entitled to. No one is required to pay attention to him. But just like you, he's willing to annoy a few people, in the hopes that those who will take to his message, will hear it.

Okay, I see your point.


:o Wow, that's twice. Hell must be chilly.
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Galatians 6:7 " Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
A. Lincoln: "My concern is not whether God is on our side, My greatest concern is to be on God's side."
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

User avatar
Menassa
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33354
Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menassa » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:22 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Menassa wrote:It was a response to the claim of pro evangelisim because it would be a shame for God to see a world of evil.


Pretty sure He already does, regardless of evangelism.

Meh, take that up with the person I was responding to.
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Menassa wrote:If I would not want to evangelize to someone because I see it as bad I would not want them to do it to me.


Doesn't the Jewish faith also argue against it?

Against Christian evangelism? Of Jews probably... Jewish evangelism isn't really a thing.

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Menassa wrote:Why not?


Not to people who are lactose intolerant... then no.



Sorry, I guess I'm not making my point clearly.

Taking it too literal becomes absurd. Just because I don't want gifts, doesn't mean I shouldn't give gifts. Just cause I don't want charity, doesn't mean I shouldn't give charity.

Oh, I see, do good unto others objectively.
-NS's one and only Tanna!
Radical Monotheist
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
The NS Steam Thread
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

User avatar
Menassa
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33354
Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menassa » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:23 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
NEO Rome Republic wrote:Okay, I see your point.


:o Wow, that's twice. Hell must be chilly.

My Dad said to expect a freeze warning.
-NS's one and only Tanna!
Radical Monotheist
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
The NS Steam Thread
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

User avatar
Neo Rome Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5338
Founded: Dec 27, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Neo Rome Republic » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:24 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
NEO Rome Republic wrote:Okay, I see your point.


:o Wow, that's twice. Hell must be chilly.

Well it is kinda cold in the room I'm currently in.
If what I say offends you, twas misunderstanding on you or my indifference.
Ethical and Metaphysical: (Pan) Humanist and Naturalist.
Political Views Sum: Centrist on social issues, Market Socialist on economic, and Radical on political governance.
This nation DOES(for most part) represent my OOC views.
''A rich man complaining about regulation and taxes, is like the drunkard at a party, complaining about not having enough to drink.'',

"An empty mind is a mind without a filter, the mind of a gullible fool. A closed mind is the mind unwilling to look at the reality outside its bubble. An open mind is one that is cautious, flexible yet balanced; looking at both the reality and the possibility."
OOC Info Page Pros And Cons Political Ideology

User avatar
Leningrad Union
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6184
Founded: Jul 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Leningrad Union » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Is Judas q good guy because he carried out God's will?
I'm blocked from sending TGs for a dumb reason so add me on skype if you want to chat privately, my name is epik.epimetheus or visit my home if you want to chat publicly

I am 埃里克, the god of sesame seed chicken
Do not refer to me as "white" or "caucasian", I am French-American
Colbert Super PAC wrote:GOD HATES FAGS!!!!!!!1111

Which means we should ban smoking.

Frisivisia wrote:Yeah, political correctness is for black pussy liberal faggots, and don't you get offended.

San wrote:
Leningrad Union wrote:Nein. I would drink antifreeze for u doe. <3

true love <3

NEO Rome Republic wrote:I prefer Mexicans, I like having a clean lawn. :p

User avatar
Pope Joan
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19503
Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:11 pm

Leningrad Union wrote:Is Judas q good guy because he carried out God's will?


He does seem to have drawn the short stick. At the last supper Jesus, with apparent foreknowledge, tells him "Go do what you have to do."

Did he have free will even then? I want to believe so. I do not want to be a pawn of fate.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

User avatar
The Gallant Old Republic
Secretary
 
Posts: 31
Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Gallant Old Republic » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:44 pm

Of course it was free will, that doesn't mean it wasn't predestined. Read any story (or watch a movie) and you easily get the feeling that the characters have free will hence why you keep hoping someone won't do something or other (even if you have read/seen it a thousand times). Nevertheless, the characters decisions are already set out. This is not the best analogy since a book is not the same as all creation, the book is more like a record of a creation, the story not the actually occurrence. So go and follow God, don't worry about the past, it's over, and don't worry about the future, it is a figment of your imagination. All time kneels before God who is outside it.
Anglo-Catholic-Methodism (in other words: a Catholic who is not yet a Catholic), Traditionalist Conservatism, Anti-Modernism, Subsidiarity, Monarchism, Anglophile, Medievalism, Euroscepticism, Anti-Technology/Luddism, Toryism, Classicism, Chivalry, Archaic Democracy, the Oxford Movement, Localism, Catholic Social Teaching, the Ecumenical Movement, Anti-Eugenics, Agrarianism, Distributism.

Governed by Prime Minister G.K. Chesterton (Distributist Party)

Senior Member of the Federation of Free States, founder of Anglo Saxon England, knight-regent of Soli Deo gloria, and more!

User avatar
Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26681
Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:07 am

Pope Joan wrote:
Leningrad Union wrote:Is Judas q good guy because he carried out God's will?


He does seem to have drawn the short stick. At the last supper Jesus, with apparent foreknowledge, tells him "Go do what you have to do."

Did he have free will even then? I want to believe so. I do not want to be a pawn of fate.

He could not have had free will. There's no such thing. Our actions are dictated by cause & effect. Belief in free will derives from the illusion of control.
Last edited by Conscentia on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Leningrad Union
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6184
Founded: Jul 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Leningrad Union » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:49 am

Pope Joan wrote:
Leningrad Union wrote:Is Judas q good guy because he carried out God's will?


He does seem to have drawn the short stick. At the last supper Jesus, with apparent foreknowledge, tells him "Go do what you have to do."

Did he have free will even then? I want to believe so. I do not want to be a pawn of fate.

Wouldn't Christians needed Jesus to be dead?
I'm blocked from sending TGs for a dumb reason so add me on skype if you want to chat privately, my name is epik.epimetheus or visit my home if you want to chat publicly

I am 埃里克, the god of sesame seed chicken
Do not refer to me as "white" or "caucasian", I am French-American
Colbert Super PAC wrote:GOD HATES FAGS!!!!!!!1111

Which means we should ban smoking.

Frisivisia wrote:Yeah, political correctness is for black pussy liberal faggots, and don't you get offended.

San wrote:
Leningrad Union wrote:Nein. I would drink antifreeze for u doe. <3

true love <3

NEO Rome Republic wrote:I prefer Mexicans, I like having a clean lawn. :p

User avatar
The Archregimancy
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 23298
Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:37 am

Pope Joan wrote:Did he have free will even then? I want to believe so. I do not want to be a pawn of fate.


The problem of Judas remains one of the more fascinating within Christian theology, and the conclusion reached very much depends on whether an individual belongs to a tradition recognising free will or a tradition dominated by predestination - as well as how the issue of motivation is approached, and whether one considers Judas damned for the initial betrayal or damned by the subsequent suicide.

One thing's for certain, if Erasmus of Rotterdam and Martin Luther couldn't resolve the issue in their point and counterpoint discussion of Judas, then a thread in NSG is even more unlikely to reach a mutually satisfactory conclusion given that Christianity now encompasses an even broader spectrum of approaches to the issue now than it did then.

But for interest, an Orthodox perspective can be found here: http://oca.org/reflections/fr.-john-bre ... r-betrayer

User avatar
The 93rd Coalition
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1354
Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The 93rd Coalition » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:02 am

The Archregimancy wrote:
Pope Joan wrote:Did he have free will even then? I want to believe so. I do not want to be a pawn of fate.


The problem of Judas remains one of the more fascinating within Christian theology, and the conclusion reached very much depends on whether an individual belongs to a tradition recognising free will or a tradition dominated by predestination - as well as how the issue of motivation is approached, and whether one considers Judas damned for the initial betrayal or damned by the subsequent suicide.

One thing's for certain, if Erasmus of Rotterdam and Martin Luther couldn't resolve the issue in their point and counterpoint discussion of Judas, then a thread in NSG is even more unlikely to reach a mutually satisfactory conclusion given that Christianity now encompasses an even broader spectrum of approaches to the issue now than it did then.

But for interest, an Orthodox perspective can be found here: http://oca.org/reflections/fr.-john-bre ... r-betrayer


That's amazing. :shock: I never thought about it like that. Thank you for sharing the article.

User avatar
Leningrad Union
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6184
Founded: Jul 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Leningrad Union » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Do Christians actually care about me going to heaven/hell or do they want me to join the religion for personal purposes?
I'm blocked from sending TGs for a dumb reason so add me on skype if you want to chat privately, my name is epik.epimetheus or visit my home if you want to chat publicly

I am 埃里克, the god of sesame seed chicken
Do not refer to me as "white" or "caucasian", I am French-American
Colbert Super PAC wrote:GOD HATES FAGS!!!!!!!1111

Which means we should ban smoking.

Frisivisia wrote:Yeah, political correctness is for black pussy liberal faggots, and don't you get offended.

San wrote:
Leningrad Union wrote:Nein. I would drink antifreeze for u doe. <3

true love <3

NEO Rome Republic wrote:I prefer Mexicans, I like having a clean lawn. :p

User avatar
Czechanada
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14851
Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Leningrad Union wrote:Do Christians actually care about me going to heaven/hell or do they want me to join the religion for personal purposes?


Every conversion means an extra floor for their heavenly mansion.
"You know what I was. You see what I am. Change me, change me!" - Randall Jarrell.

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40971
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Menassa wrote:Is the Golden rule not: "Do unto others as you would want others to do to you?"



Yes, and I would want others to do Good unto me.


So you'd have no problem with Cultists, or Scientologists, or atheists, or Muslims, or Shintoists, etc., stopping by your house every afternoon trying to convert you to their beliefs? Because they're convinced that good is THEIR belief system. While yes, its perfectly fine to want to exchange ideas, the whole affair certainly does get annoying after a while. And you can't necessarily prove that one religion is better than the other, because they all lack objective proof that they're true (which is rather the whole point of faith).

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Menassa wrote:Is it written that the Apocalypse of revelation will come about when the world is evil?

Is it not written that after such an Apocalypse the world will live in harmony? Those that survive that is...



It comes about when the Lord chooses.

Menassa wrote:Is there not an objective Good? If I think that humans should have one limb is and I want to saw yours off is that doing Good unto you?


In you're mind it would be good. But I think that's a rather obviously bad scenario. The point I'm trying to make is that the Golden Rule shouldn't taken quite so literally as he's trying to make it.

A lactose-intolerant man undoubtedly would not want to have someone give him milk to drink. Does that mean he should not give it if the situation arises?


And the point I'm making is that to not take it literally would be to violate it. Also, just an FYI, please refer to me as "they", not "he".
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40971
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:25 pm

Leningrad Union wrote:Do Christians actually care about me going to heaven/hell or do they want me to join the religion for personal purposes?


For most, it definitely is out of genuine concern for your soul. Though there are certainly some who do it for personal gain.
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

User avatar
Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15693
Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:07 pm

Czechanada wrote:
Leningrad Union wrote:Do Christians actually care about me going to heaven/hell or do they want me to join the religion for personal purposes?


Every conversion means an extra floor for their heavenly mansion.


Ugh, screw that, too much to keep clean. Give me a nice flat on the corner of St Peter St and MLK Blvd
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Galatians 6:7 " Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
A. Lincoln: "My concern is not whether God is on our side, My greatest concern is to be on God's side."
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40971
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Czechanada wrote:
Every conversion means an extra floor for their heavenly mansion.


Ugh, screw that, too much to keep clean. Give me a nice flat on the corner of St Peter St and MLK Blvd


Give me Matthew Shepard Ave.
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

User avatar
Neoconstantius
Minister
 
Posts: 2056
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Ugh, screw that, too much to keep clean. Give me a nice flat on the corner of St Peter St and MLK Blvd


Give me Matthew Shepard Ave.

Wow, nobody's mentioned that one in a while...can't believe it was 16 years ago...
GO ILLINI
........................
........................
........................
........................
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

User avatar
Menassa
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33354
Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menassa » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:02 pm

Neoconstantius wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Give me Matthew Shepard Ave.

Wow, nobody's mentioned that one in a while...can't believe it was 16 years ago...

Hmm?
-NS's one and only Tanna!
Radical Monotheist
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
The NS Steam Thread
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

User avatar
Neoconstantius
Minister
 
Posts: 2056
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:03 pm

Menassa wrote:
Neoconstantius wrote:Wow, nobody's mentioned that one in a while...can't believe it was 16 years ago...

Hmm?

Matt Shepard being murdered and the whole storm of outrage that followed? Happened in 98?
GO ILLINI
........................
........................
........................
........................
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

User avatar
Menassa
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33354
Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menassa » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Neoconstantius wrote:
Menassa wrote:Hmm?

Matt Shepard being murdered and the whole storm of outrage that followed? Happened in 98?

Oh... that... huh... must've slipped my mind?
-NS's one and only Tanna!
Radical Monotheist
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
The NS Steam Thread
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

User avatar
Neoconstantius
Minister
 
Posts: 2056
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:07 pm

Menassa wrote:
Neoconstantius wrote:Matt Shepard being murdered and the whole storm of outrage that followed? Happened in 98?

Oh... that... huh... must've slipped my mind?

Yeah, I know, long time ago and pretty obscure reference now, which is why I was surprised somewhat brought it up.

It was flaunted as a hate crime for a long time, but evidence that later came to light indicated that the primary motivation was drugs and alcohol, not his sexuality.
GO ILLINI
........................
........................
........................
........................
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40971
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:23 pm

Neoconstantius wrote:
Menassa wrote:Oh... that... huh... must've slipped my mind?

Yeah, I know, long time ago and pretty obscure reference now, which is why I was surprised somewhat brought it up.

It was flaunted as a hate crime for a long time, but evidence that later came to light indicated that the primary motivation was drugs and alcohol, not his sexuality.


Source?
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cannot think of a name, Dangine, Evil Dictators Happyland, Fartsniffage, Galloism, Ghost in the Shell, Greater vakolicci haven, Grinning Dragon, Hirota, Ifreann, MSN [Bot], Ostroeuropa, Shamhnan Insir, The Blaatschapen, The Nihilistic view

Advertisement

Remove ads