NATION

PASSWORD

Christian Discussion Thread III

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your denomination?

Catholic
31%
Eastern Orthodox
10%
Non-Chalcedonian (Oriental Orthodox, Church of the East , etc.)
1%
Lutheran
7%
Baptist
10%
Reformed (Calvinism, Presbyterianism, etc.)
5%
Anglican/Episcopalian
6%
Restorationist (LDS Movement, Jehovah's Witness, etc.)
2%
Non-Denominational
15%
Other Christian
13%

Total votes : 981

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Menassa wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
No, Distruzio and Realm of God, already have honorable mention. You are third.

I think Arch's up there.

If the New Testament's false, than the Book of Mormon is false.

And if the Book of Mormon's false then Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy's false.

If The HItchiker's Guide is false, that means there is no ultimate question...

Need a Name
Senator

Founded: Oct 22, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Need a Name » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:22 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Need a name wrote:Same as this person.

You're Baptist?

Yup, and proud to be one.
I'm a Christian and a Patriot
“Right is Right even if nobody does it. Wrong is wrong even if everybody is wrong about it.”― G.K. Chesterton

"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -- George S. Patton Jr.

"Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day." -- Jesus Christ

For: Christianity, America, NATO, EU, Israel, Effective Education Reform, The US Military, Social Capital, and Compromise
Against: Radical fundamentalism, Militant Atheism, Current US Congress, Ignorance, and ISIS (obviously).

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Need a name wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:You're Baptist?

Yup, and proud to be one.

What kind, Baptist is wide net.

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Avenio wrote:
Saruhan wrote:So, I went to an Anglican church for the first time in my life yesterday, and if any Anglican would tell me why they have more pictures of the Queen than Jesus up, that'd be great

The Queen is officially the head of the Anglican church in her position as Supreme Governor of the Church of England (which all Anglican churches are in communion with).

Saruhan wrote:So, I went to an Anglican church for the first time in my life yesterday, and if any Anglican would tell me why they have more pictures of the Queen than Jesus up, that'd be great

Anglican Aka Church of England.

Still seems sketchy as hell
Caninope wrote:The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Saruhan wrote:In this new thread that's only been up for a few minutes? Really?

It's the third iteration of the the thread. There are a thousand pages of posts.

Exactly, I meant i'm the first one in the new thread
Caninope wrote:The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Saruhan wrote:
Avenio wrote:
The Queen is officially the head of the Anglican church in her position as Supreme Governor of the Church of England (which all Anglican churches are in communion with).

So what if they want to worship the queen? There's nothing wrong with that. :p
I'm joking.
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Saruhan wrote:
Avenio wrote:

Anglican Church was founded by Henry the VIII. You're surprised?

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:26 pm

Saruhan wrote:

It's the third iteration of the the thread. There are a thousand pages of posts.

Exactly, I meant i'm the first one in the new thread

But their veracity of presence in the threads create a lingering presence, in which we all bask, thus their spirit is always here.

Need a Name
Senator

Postby Need a Name » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Need a name wrote:Yup, and proud to be one.

Not sure. A baptist, Baptist?
Last edited by Need a Name on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Right is Right even if nobody does it. Wrong is wrong even if everybody is wrong about it.”― G.K. Chesterton

"Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day." -- Jesus Christ

For: Christianity, America, NATO, EU, Israel, Effective Education Reform, The US Military, Social Capital, and Compromise
Against: Radical fundamentalism, Militant Atheism, Current US Congress, Ignorance, and ISIS (obviously).

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Need a name wrote:Yup, and proud to be one.

I'm just a Baptist.

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:29 pm

Saruhan wrote:

No, but at least try to cover up the fact that all you are is a way for the upper class to control the peasantry and the catalyst for that was a dude wanting to bone someone else

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:29 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:

I'm just a Baptist.

There's many shades of Baptist.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:30 pm

Saruhan wrote:

No, but at least try to cover up the fact that all you are is a way for the upper class to control the peasantry and the catalyst for that was a dude wanting to bone someone else

Why? They're more honest about the purpose of their church than the catholic church was.

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:30 pm

Saruhan wrote:

Had nothing to do with peasantry. The pope had the nerve to not annul his marriage.
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

Need a Name
Senator

Postby Need a Name » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:31 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:I'm just a Baptist.

There's many shades of Baptist.

Im not fanatical if that is what youre asking.

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Saruhan wrote:Exactly, I meant i'm the first one in the new thread

But their veracity of presence in the threads create a lingering presence, in which we all bask, thus their spirit is always here.

That's some damn Pagan bullshit, prepare to be converted, your myths will be added to our own

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:32 pm

Hornesia wrote:
Saruhan wrote:No, but at least try to cover up the fact that all you are is a way for the upper class to control the peasantry and the catalyst for that was a dude wanting to bone someone else

Had nothing to do with peasantry. The pope had the nerve to not annul his marriage.

Which was what the 'other dude wanting to bone someone else' part was for
Saruhan wrote:No, but at least try to cover up the fact that all you are is a way for the upper class to control the peasantry and the catalyst for that was a dude wanting to bone someone else

Why? They're more honest about the purpose of their church than the catholic church was.

Or the Protestants, let's not pretend you weren't used for the same purpose. All religions were

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:32 pm

First Pharisee in the thread?

I believe so.
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Saruhan wrote:

That's some damn Pagan bullshit, prepare to be converted, your myths will be added to our own

You win the the internet Borg Jesus.

Gordonisia
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gordonisia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Catholic, reporting in :)

Actually just went to Confession yesterday... always an awkward experience
"We have the best Congress that money can buy" -Will Rogers

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Need a name wrote:Not sure. A baptist, Baptist?

Reminds me of a quote from a previous thread;

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump. I ran over and said: "Stop. Don't do it."
"Why shouldn't I?" he asked.
"Well, there's so much to live for!"
"Like what?"
"Are you religious?"
He said, "Yes."
I said, "Me too. Are you Christian or Buddhist?"
"Christian."
"Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?"
"Protestant."
"Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"
"Baptist."
"Wow. Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"
"Baptist Church of God."
"Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"
"Reformed Baptist Church of God."
"Me too. Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"
He said: "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915."

I said: "Die, heretic scum!" and pushed him off.
Last edited by Avenio on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Saruhan wrote:
Hornesia wrote:Had nothing to do with peasantry. The pope had the nerve to not annul his marriage.

Which was what the 'other dude wanting to bone someone else' part was for

Or the Protestants, let's not pretend you weren't used for the same purpose. All religions were

Eh to a point. Depends what purpose you're discussing.

Need a Name
Senator

Postby Need a Name » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:36 pm

Avenio wrote:
Need a name wrote:Not sure. A baptist, Baptist?

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump. I ran over and said: "Stop. Don't do it."
"Why shouldn't I?" he asked.
"Well, there's so much to live for!"
"Like what?"
"Are you religious?"
He said, "Yes."
I said, "Me too. Are you Christian or Buddhist?"
"Christian."
"Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?"
"Protestant."
"Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"
"Baptist."
"Wow. Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"
"Baptist Church of God."
"Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"
"Reformed Baptist Church of God."
"Me too. Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"
He said: "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915."

I said: "Die, heretic scum!" and pushed him off.

Whoa.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 pm

Need a name wrote:
Avenio wrote:

Whoa.

Sounds about right....unfortunately.

Need a Name
Senator

Postby Need a Name » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Need a name wrote:Whoa.

Sounds about right....unfortunately.

What? how?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General