NATION

PASSWORD

Christian Discussion Thread III

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your denomination?

Catholic
31%
Eastern Orthodox
10%
Non-Chalcedonian (Oriental Orthodox, Church of the East , etc.)
1%
Lutheran
7%
Baptist
10%
Reformed (Calvinism, Presbyterianism, etc.)
5%
Anglican/Episcopalian
6%
Restorationist (LDS Movement, Jehovah's Witness, etc.)
2%
Non-Denominational
15%
Other Christian
13%

Total votes : 981

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:35 am

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:Any way, what's the deal with Constantinople anyway. From what I gather, the Church still has a presence there.

Istanbul.

Duchy of Thracia.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:57 am

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:Any way, what's the deal with Constantinople anyway. From what I gather, the Church still has a presence there.

I think it is no ones business, but the Turks.
Myers Briggs: ENTP-A
8values: N/A

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:13 am

[
Benuty wrote:
Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:
I didn't hear about flying horsemen, the deaths of some 2 billion people, or the moon turning red.

I'd say you're good.

Flying horseman?

I assume you mean the plague of sulfer, fire, and smoke?

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/what-cau ... -moon.html

I thought it was Nazgûl... :unsure:

:P
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:16 am

The North Polish Union wrote:[
Benuty wrote:Flying horseman?

I assume you mean the plague of sulfer, fire, and smoke?

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/what-cau ... -moon.html

Speaking of red moons. NASA has confirmed that there will be 4 blood moons in a row with an eclipse in the middle. All of these occurring on Jewish holy days.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:59 am

Nuverikstan wrote:

Speaking of red moons. NASA has confirmed that there will be 4 blood moons in a row with an eclipse in the middle. All of these occurring on Jewish holy days.

The day of the Great Schism there was a super nova.

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:02 pm

Nuverikstan wrote:

That is so fail. It's "hogwash nonsense"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajzuKVzMaTA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_KQvTgQLaA
Stop worshiping the moon!
Deuteronomy 4:19!
Last edited by Vazdania on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NSG's Resident Constitutional Executive Monarchist!
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Nuverikstan wrote:

That is no moon. :geek:

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:10 pm

Nuverikstan wrote:

Source, please?

Nationalist State of Knox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist State of Knox » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Nuverikstan wrote:

Yeah, as if we Anglo-Saxon pagans didn't have enough competition already.
Last edited by Gilgamesh on Mon Aru 17, 2467 BC 10:56am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Knox.
Biblical Authorship
God is Malevolent.
Bible Inaccuracies
Ifreann wrote:Knox: /ˈɡɪl.ɡə.mɛʃ/
Impeach Enlil, legalise dreaming, mortality is theft. GILGAMESH 2474 BC

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:22 pm

Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:30 pm

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Nuverikstan wrote:

Never did I say it has to be over Israel just it was going to happen. And your video by dan whatever says it will on those dates that is all I am saying.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Nuverikstan wrote:

Astrology is hardly moon worshiping.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:47 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Agritum wrote:I'll wait for Nuverikstan's response, given that the burden of proof is kinda on him right now.

I'm telling you, it's a space station.

Speaking of the ISS, here's an awesome photo by one of the station's astronauts.

Speaking of which, I noticed that plenty of astronauts were deeply religious to some degree or another. IIRC, Aldrin (a Presbyterian) even received Communion while on the moon, which also counts as the first meal ever made on our natural satellite. Other important astronauts like Glenn and Irwin were also quite outspoken Christians. I don't know what's the exact reason for this (if there is even one), but I still find it interesting to learn of the reactions of people who managed to see what they think of as God's creation in all its magnificent beauty.

This excerpt from an interview with Aldrin is very poignant.
Buzz Aldrin wrote:Perhaps, if I had it to do over again, I would not choose to celebrate communion. Although it was a deeply meaningful experience for me, it was a Christian sacrament, and we had come to the moon in the name of all mankind — be they Christians, Jews, Muslims, animists, agnostics, or atheists. But at the time I could think of no better way to acknowledge the enormity of the Apollo 11 experience that by giving thanks to God. It was my hope that people would keep the whole event in their minds and see, beyond minor details and technical achievements, a deeper meaning — a challenge, and the human need to explore whatever is above us, below us, or out there.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:56 pm

So, checking through this page and these two, I can attest that the lunar eclipses will indeed happen during said holidays.

Regarding if this will cause anything important...oh well, I'll let you debate it out. I'm no expert on prophecies.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:01 pm

Agritum wrote:Speaking of which, I noticed that plenty of astronauts were deeply religious to some degree or another. IIRC, Aldrin (a Presbyterian) even received Communion while on the moon, which also counts as the first meal ever made on our natural satellite. Other important astronauts like Glenn and Irwin were also quite outspoken Christians. I don't know what's the exact reason for this (if there is even one), but I still find it interesting to learn of the reactions of people who managed to see what they think of as God's creation in all its magnificent beauty.

I'm not to certain about this, but I'm fairly certain that McCarthy had some pull in that matter, or moreover McCarthyism. You see, we were still up against the "dirty godless commies" and the fact that the first men on the moon were Christian would yet again be another slap to the face of communist countries everywhere.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Agritum wrote:Speaking of which, I noticed that plenty of astronauts were deeply religious to some degree or another. IIRC, Aldrin (a Presbyterian) even received Communion while on the moon, which also counts as the first meal ever made on our natural satellite. Other important astronauts like Glenn and Irwin were also quite outspoken Christians. I don't know what's the exact reason for this (if there is even one), but I still find it interesting to learn of the reactions of people who managed to see what they think of as God's creation in all its magnificent beauty.

I'm not to certain about this, but I'm fairly certain that McCarthy had some pull in that matter, or moreover McCarthyism. You see, we were still up against the "dirty godless commies" and the fact that the first men on the moon were Christian would yet again be another slap to the face of communist countries everywhere.

Could be. Afterall, the first man in space was a godless commie. Though, IIRC, the alleged "I went up there and saw no God" quote by Gagarin was pretty much Soviet propaganda.
Last edited by Agritum on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Kassaran wrote:

For Good reason

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:17 pm

Kassaran wrote:

For Good reason

Communism was good at space, you must admit it.

Then the USA just went "G.I. JOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" and beat the Russkies to the moon like a crazed Rocky Balboa in his final match against Ivan Drago in Odessa.
Last edited by Agritum on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bundesdeutschland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bundesdeutschland » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Agritum wrote:

For Good reason

Then the USA just went "G.I. JOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" and beat the Russkies to the moon like a crazed Rocky Balboa in his final match against Ivan Drago in Odessa.

And yet the Commies were horrible on earth most of the time.
I'm a Christian and an avid Star Wars fan!!!
My nation generally reflects my views, but don't entirely assume that. Also, I like telegrams. Please telegram me!

Member of Transversal Red Cross and Western Coalition. IATA Member
Political compass-
Economic left/right: -3.25
Social libertarian/authoritarianism: 0.0

“We know nothing of religion here: we only think of Christ.” -C.S. Lewis.

“I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.”-C.S. Lewis.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:22 pm

Agritum wrote:

For Good reason

Communism was good at stroking its own ego. Then, then Capitalism was like FUCK YEAH 'Murica

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Bundesdeutschland wrote:
Agritum wrote:Communism was good at space, you must admit it.

And yet the Commies were horrible on earth most of the time.

I'd like to distinguish the honourable Soviet scientists and cosmonauts, which truly aided humanity with their research and bravery, from the autocratic despots who ordered them around.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:39 pm

Except neither the Soviet Union nor its puppet states were or are communist. But that's neither here nor there.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General