NATION

PASSWORD

Christian Discussion Thread III

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

What is your denomination?

Catholic
31%
Eastern Orthodox
10%
Non-Chalcedonian (Oriental Orthodox, Church of the East , etc.)
1%
Lutheran
7%
Baptist
10%
Reformed (Calvinism, Presbyterianism, etc.)
5%
Anglican/Episcopalian
6%
Restorationist (LDS Movement, Jehovah's Witness, etc.)
2%
Non-Denominational
15%
Other Christian
13%

Total votes : 981

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Christian Discussion Thread III

Postby Euroslavia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:49 pm

This is the third version of the Christian discussion thread, where one can discuss Christianity in general, the difference between the sects, certain variations on the denomination and differences in what you believe, and many other topics regarding Christianity in comparison to other religions around the world.

I was raised Lutheran, Missouri Synod, but I don't really consider myself part of it anymore since I was basically kicked out of my church due to my sexual orientation. I consider myself spiritual. What about you?
Last edited by Euroslavia on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Christian Discussion Mark III

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:50 pm

Here it is NSG the continuation of the Christian discussion thread. The one stop location for discussing all things Christian. (Note this thread is for discussing things Relevant to Christianity, in a calm and respectful environment be nice.)

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:50 pm

Catholic Reporting in.

BTW Where's the poll?
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:51 pm

TaQud wrote:Catholic Reporting in.

BTW Where's the poll?

Doesn't matter, Euro created the new one. I yield to the mods.

Edit: Ooooh Thread merge. Nice.
Last edited by Tarsonis Survivors on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:52 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
TaQud wrote:Catholic Reporting in.

BTW Where's the poll?

Sorry, wasn't sure if you were online and I figured I'd rush to keep the discussion going. :hug:
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:53 pm

Euroslavia wrote:

Sorry, wasn't sure if you were online and I figured I'd rush to keep the discussion going. :hug:

I was actually in the process of asking you delete mine when you merged. So it all works.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:55 pm

Euroslavia wrote:

So... the Church "kicked you out" for being LGBT...seems contradictory to what Christianity is supposed to be about.

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:05 pm

Euroslavia wrote:Sorry, wasn't sure if you were online and I figured I'd rush to keep the discussion going. :hug:

So... the Church "kicked you out" for being LGBT...seems contradictory to what Christianity is supposed to be about.

They did. The church/school that I grew up in, St Peters Lutheran, kicked me out when they found out I was gay. They basically told me to never come back again.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:11 pm

Rabosai, the JDT's barely 300 and the CDT's like 1000.... classic Christianity :p
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:11 pm

Euroslavia wrote:

They did. The church/school that I grew up in, St Peters Lutheran, kicked me out when they found out I was gay. They basically told me to never come back again.

I could see them not condoning your life style, and telling you it is against the tenants of Christianity, but since the purpose of Christianity is to "save the sinners" kicking you out is Contradictory to the tenants as well. I mean...they don't kick out kids who have sex before marriage. Lame.
Last edited by Tarsonis Survivors on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Menassa wrote:Rabosai, the JDT's barely 300 and the CDT's like 1000.... classic Christianity :p

Most of it seems to be people trying to disprove Christianity. How often does it happen on the JDT? (Disproving Judaism)

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Menassa wrote:Rabosai, the JDT's barely 300 and the CDT's like 1000.... classic Christianity :p

Most of it seems to be people trying to disprove Christianity. How often does it happen on the JDT? (Disproving Judaism)

Once in a while... it seems people aren't interested.

Because if the Old Testament's false... then the New Testament's false. ;)
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:14 pm

First member of the Eastern Orthodox Master Religion reporting in.
Caninope wrote:The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:15 pm

I am a Protestant Christian (Baptist to be specific).

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:17 pm

Menassa wrote:

Once in a while... it seems people aren't interested.

If the New Testament's false, than the Book of Mormon is false.

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:18 pm

So, I went to an Anglican church for the first time in my life yesterday, and if any Anglican would tell me why they have more pictures of the Queen than Jesus up, that'd be great
Caninope wrote:The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.

Need a Name
Senator

Founded: Oct 22, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Need a Name » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:18 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:I am a Protestant Christian (Baptist to be specific).

Same as this person.
I'm a Christian and a Patriot
“Right is Right even if nobody does it. Wrong is wrong even if everybody is wrong about it.”― G.K. Chesterton

"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -- George S. Patton Jr.

"Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day." -- Jesus Christ

For: Christianity, America, NATO, EU, Israel, Effective Education Reform, The US Military, Social Capital, and Compromise
Against: Radical fundamentalism, Militant Atheism, Current US Congress, Ignorance, and ISIS (obviously).

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Saruhan wrote:First member of the Eastern Orthodox Master Religion reporting in.

No, Distruzio and Realm of God, already have honorable mention. You are third.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Saruhan wrote:So, I went to an Anglican church for the first time in my life yesterday, and if any Anglican would tell me why they have more pictures of the Queen than Jesus up, that'd be great

Anglican Aka Church of England.

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:20 pm

Saruhan wrote:First member of the Eastern Orthodox Master Religion reporting in.

I think Arch's up there.

Menassa wrote:Once in a while... it seems people aren't interested.

If the New Testament's false, than the Book of Mormon is false.

And if the Book of Mormon's false then Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy's false.

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:20 pm

In this new thread that's only been up for a few minutes? Really?

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:20 pm

Used to be a catholic. Still consider myself christian but don't have a specific denomination.
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Saruhan wrote:So, I went to an Anglican church for the first time in my life yesterday, and if any Anglican would tell me why they have more pictures of the Queen than Jesus up, that'd be great

The Queen is officially the head of the Anglican church in her position as Supreme Governor of the Church of England (which all Anglican churches are in communion with).
Last edited by Avenio on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Need a name wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:I am a Protestant Christian (Baptist to be specific).

Same as this person.

You're Baptist?

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Saruhan wrote:

In this new thread that's only been up for a few minutes? Really?

It's the third iteration of the the thread. There are a thousand pages of posts.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General